Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,895 members, 7,798,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals (75745 Views)

Acoustic Guitarist Needed / Nigerian Guitarist Simeon Djagbo Was Born Without Fingers And Palms (photos) / A Thread For Pianists: Amateurs, Intermediaries, Professionals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

those are chords for a lead guitar aren't they??
yes..lead guitar
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
SiriusBlack: Hey guys...Nice to see this thread back..anybody who uses a ring pick? I strum with my thumb and just can't seem to get a hold of plastic pics..anybody who uses a ring pick?
I do play with the pick or plectrum,when I want to strum hard or solo
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by olipee(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Currently trying the "tritones" stuff..............its so interesting. Bass guitar all the way..........

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Rufex07(m): 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
following. I play bass and lead (amateur level). chords too, g, a, c, e, and d.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Ologorione1: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
odizeey: I want to gt one buzz guitar,hw much?
Is it called "buzz" or box guiter?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by marcyemi(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
The acoustic it's close to 9k I guess the original one
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kabhohd(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hi guys, greetings to you all. Pls Whr can I get original acoustic guitar strings, tired of these 250/300 naira ones, they rust easily
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by emmylarry300(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
Why don't u go on whatsapp and create a page for people so any body who is interested should drop there number and u will add them to the group to enhance there learning. Pls o it is only a advice o
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by emmylarry300(m): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
Let create a room for learning of guitar on whatsapp and advice people to join

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kilokeys(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
hey folks.. i teach guitars. currently jobless and i might wanna take u for free (swap skills + appreciation of course)..
chord melody, finger picking, like good stuff . been playing since 98.

holla me dxlegend01@yahoo.com

if u r around ojota , berger maryland ikeja and environs..

offer is nt for long.. be quick.

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kilokeys(m): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
kabhohd: Hi guys, greetings to you all. Pls Whr can I get original acoustic guitar strings, tired of these 250/300 naira ones, they rust easily

bros.. u r currently using stainless steel copper wound strings... try stainless steel bronze wound.. its nt.reddish, its not.silver plated.. its like golden in color.. see my contact below..

2 Likes

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by omakay(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
nice!!!!!!!!!
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by sheglow87(m): 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
To being a professional in any musical instruments depend on ur instructor or teach.U can contact me if u reside in IB nd wanna learn to play lead guitar 754DC461

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Abosi31(m): 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
I play the guitar. I am well to do now in chords but my issue is soloing. I haven't staredf yet with that, but imma be needing some advice from seniors here. Thanks :-)

and the fact that you can play the piano DOES not mean you can handle the guitar. The guitar is way more difficult since it's a stringed instrument which requires a level of muscular strength to manipulate. Your knowledge of the piano as per playing the guitar will only be theoritical, never practical.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Rufex07(m): 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
TonySpike: Thanks to the mod that brought this thread to the front page. The lost 'hacked' thread had lots of information, recordings, lessons and skills for guitarists. I hope this thread will live up to the expectations of the previous thread.

So guys, say hello to my latest semi - acoustic guitar. I call her Sapphire. She is a CORT AD880CE series with inbuilt amplifier.

Below is a link from one of my latest recordings

https:///w4LfverE

somebody should please rank my playing style

nice one. it's like your 'do' chord was sounding somehow(I may be wrong). please what do you use when recording?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by dayoson0204(m): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND, MY GUITAR. MUSIC IS LIFE kiss smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Rufex07:
nice one. it's like your 'do' chord was sounding somehow(I may be wrong). please what do you use when recording?

That song was essentially strummed using these four chords: D2, Bm, Asus and G. It could be the tuning though, still trying to adjust to my new guitar. I got it about a month ago. You can make use of your laptop sound recorder or cell phone recorder.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Mosjentle(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
heyy who missed me?Tony Spike,Nastydroid SUp brothers,how'you been,its a sad thing that we lost that thread,,we could still build it up tho!...im currently into arabian scales ,ahcud boast of my solo now!lol.abi seh i lie

2 Likes

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mosjentle: heyy who missed me?Tony Spike,Nastydroid SUp brothers,how'you been,its a sad thing that we lost that thread,,we could still build it up tho!...im currently into arabian scales ,ahcud boast of my solo now!lol.abi seh i lie
mosjentle...bro you are welcome,I can't wait for an audio from you
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 9:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mosjentle: heyy who missed me?Tony Spike,Nastydroid SUp brothers,how'you been,its a sad thing that we lost that thread,,we could still build it up tho!...im currently into arabian scales ,ahcud boast of my solo now!lol.abi seh i lie

Hey, my boss, Mosjentle is here!!! Nice to have you around...
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by luvlycutebay(f): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello, gud evening house, am new here, jux cum across dis thread, ve bin luking 4 a way to learn guitar, maybe dis thread wl help me.
THANKS.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
kabhohd: Hi guys, greetings to you all. Pls Whr can I get original acoustic guitar strings, tired of these 250/300 naira ones, they rust easily

A good and sound acoustic guitar costs about 15,000 Naira and above. I got my new semi - acoustic guitar for about 35,000 Naira and that's pretty much standard.

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
By the way, has anyone heard of a guitar brand called STANDARD? I saw some guitars of this brand at some stores in Oshodi while in town, they look wacky though.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kilokeys(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
TonySpike: By the way, has anyone heard of a guitar brand called STANDARD? I saw some guitars of this brand at some stores in Oshodi while in town, they look wacky though.

look out for the action.. wood type and purfling finish
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
brb
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Mosjentle(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
i did this kinda 'maybe' amateur solo(lol) this morning whyl i was really in the mood,so i jus started soloing and i couldnt stop till like after 6minutes,and i tried uploading here bh too much,anybody with any idea how i could compress it, i want you guyz to hear it,and rate me ,,smiley especially anyone who's z jst startn to solo..how can i compress, any idea?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by exx(m): 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nice Thread!! Being playing acoustic guitar for a while now and my tutors is youtube and ultimateguitar.com. However they only give chords for western songs...and I am looking for chords for classic naija songs like 'baby jowo' or ..... grin
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by ONWARDBABA: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
alike pic will help us
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
;

it depends on size, the medium acoustic's cost ranges btw 8k to 9k depending on location, and the big acoustic ranges btw 10k to 12k. Atleast for learners, remember to buy @least two platerons, they are not more than 100naira, then a set of spare strings, cause, trust me, your string1 will break easy.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by JOKLEVIZ(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nyc thread bt am a saxophonist.... Hopin to start guiter lessons sha bcs i luv d sound ov d bass.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by emerem: 10:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
a box guitar should be around 4,500 Naira or less depending on the make, but I prefer a flat fretted guitar for its finger-comfort. I can also give you some guides and ebooks with complete tutorial from beginner, intermediate to advance, but am afraid it is not free. Call me if you are interested 08166870383 or email: itstorekeeper@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mosjentle: i did this kinda 'maybe' amateur solo(lol) this morning whyl i was really in the mood,so i jus started soloing and i couldnt stop till like after 6minutes,and i tried uploading here bh too much,anybody with any idea how i could compress it, i want you guyz to hear it,and rate me ,,smiley especially anyone who's z jst startn to solo..how can i compress, any idea?

Bro, why can't you use Dropbox instead of compressing your media?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking / To Listen to Nigerian Music Online / Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.