Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals - Music/Radio (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals (75747 Views)

Acoustic Guitarist Needed / Nigerian Guitarist Simeon Djagbo Was Born Without Fingers And Palms (photos) / A Thread For Pianists: Amateurs, Intermediaries, Professionals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by gab19: 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
Nastydroid:
hey guys i am having diffculties in holding two or more strings together which is preventing me from playing some chords....any idea how i can master the act of holding two or more strings?....i don dy try since wednesday d pain just dy increase.
register in our MUSIC school let teach how to play with dexterity. 08139490620, u can also chat with us on whatsapp
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by gab19: 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
chuksisaac:
pls guy's explain all chords 2 me...asin minor nd major
register with us in our MUSIC school today, discount is currently on. 08139490620
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by gab19: 9:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
slap1:
I'm crazy about guitars. But unfortunately, I can't play it...yet.
register in our MUSIC school let us teach u. discount is currently on. 08139490620 u can also chat with us on whatsapp
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2017
gab19:
register in our MUSIC school let teach how to play with dexterity. 08139490620, u can also chat with us on whatsapp
for free? is it in lagos?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by gab19: 7:46am On Feb 06, 2017
Nastydroid:
Yea in lagos. to acquire knowledge is not for free.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 08, 2017
An0nimus:

What language are you learning?
java language
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 08, 2017
Nastydroid:
when you get stucked with your codes,pickup your guitar and p-
lol, clever advise. I will heed to it.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by An0nimus: 12:02am On Feb 15, 2017
denkyw:
java language

God's grace my bro.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by gab19: 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
Nastydroid:
not free oo. Yea in lagos
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
Pls how much is acoustic guitar
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by An0nimus: 1:41am On Mar 28, 2017
cee001:
will heed to this...it seems I am getting ahead of myself... Itz a jeje suntin

How far?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by cee001(m): 10:20am On Mar 28, 2017
denkyw:
Am currently involved in something that is time intensive and requires equal level of commitment as learning the guitar (programming). I don't really know how to balance the two equation.
how has it been going, juggling these two?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by cee001(m): 10:25am On Mar 28, 2017
An0nimus:

How far?
wow thanks bro...well,so far so good...
I decided to pause my lead playing and focus more on my rhythm, chords(strengthening my barre chord grip).
Plus a great improvement I had recently is: I have been able to score songs on d guitar without looking up tabs off d net. I have noticed,among other things, that I am comfortable in the key of G. Right now the capo is very useful, if I might add smiley...still a beginner tho

How are u doing urself?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by An0nimus: 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
cee001:
wow thanks bro...well,so far so good...
I decided to pause my lead playing and focus more on my rhythm, chords(strengthening my barre chord grip).
Plus a great improvement I had recently is: I have been able to score songs on d guitar without looking up tabs off d net. I have noticed,among other things, that I am comfortable in the key of G. Right now the capo is very useful, if I might add smiley...still a beginner tho

How are u doing urself?

Wow. You've greatly improved from last time. I'm especially glad you can score more songs on your own. I love G too and play many songs on it.

My picking's improved a bit for sure though I'm a bit slow lol. Still practicing alternate picking. Scored the lead lines of some rock songs and play along others. I learnt some more music theory and started experimenting with other tuning apart from standard. Next stop is to score more songs and learn how to bend strings. Not much but there's progress.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by cee001(m): 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
An0nimus:

Wow. You've greatly improved from last time. I'm especially glad you can score more songs on your own. I love G too and play many songs on it.

My picking's improved a bit for sure though I'm a bit slow lol. Still practicing alternate picking. Scored the lead lines of some rock songs and play along others. I learnt some more music theory and started experimenting with other tuning apart from standard. Next stop is to score more songs and learn how to bend strings. Not much but there's progress.
yes DAT was a great leap to me...

Wow that's a lot of things under your fingers now...lol speed will come later, accuracy is key @first I blive...
What were ur resources for the music theory and how did they help in your overall playing?

That's a lot of progress o.Glad 2 know smiley
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
cee001:
how has it been going, juggling these two?
hmm, i must say i have really been bias to my guiter so far, i do go up to 3 consecutive weeks without touching it, and even when i do, it's only when my gadgets(phone & laptop) are down. i have not learnt a single new thing on the guiter since then.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by An0nimus: 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
cee001:
yes DAT was a great leap to me...

Wow that's a lot of things under your fingers now...lol speed will come later, accuracy is key @first I blive...
What were ur resources for the music theory and how did they help in your overall playing?

That's a lot of progress o.Glad 2 know smiley

I read up how to read sheet music and guitar tabs. Did the former mostly for fun. Guitar tabs is more like guitar theory but it's made it easier for me to score lead lines from the internet.

Here's the link on reading music http://www.musicnotes.com/blog/2014/04/11/how-to-read-sheet-music/

Easy-to-follow article I must add

If you're interested or not already familiar with reading guitar tabs, you can see this link
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/how_to_read_tabs.html

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Kayodeblaze(m): 12:25am On Apr 03, 2017
An acoustic guitar for sale! Location:ilorin Kwara state..finished serving and don't want to take the guitar home so am selling it off at a cheaper rate! 08165591514 whatsapp me if interested!!!
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by An0nimus: 12:56am On Apr 03, 2017
Kayodeblaze:
An acoustic guitar for sale! Location:ilorin Kwara state..finished serving and don't want to take the guitar home so am selling it off at a cheaper rate! 08165591514 whatsapp me if interested!!!

How much?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Kayodeblaze(m): 8:52am On Apr 03, 2017
An0nimus:

How much?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by cee001(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
denkyw:
hmm, i must say i have really been bias to my guiter so far, i do go up to 3 consecutive weeks without touching it, and even when i do, it's only when my gadgets(phone & laptop) are down. i have not learnt a single new thing on the guiter since then.
it does happen in d learning curve smiley
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 5:51am On Apr 11, 2017
It's been a long time, guys. Recorded something here, like a modern country music riff.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4zqk5ggv0i186i/strum_safe.m4a?dl=0

2 Likes

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Kayodeblaze(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
A 4 Month Old Acoustic guitar for sale! 08165591514 location:Ilorin

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by An0nimus: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Been having issues commenting on some threads due to Glo.

TonySpike your audio is so clean. And your playing is as sleek as ever. Nice.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
An0nimus:
Been having issues commenting on some threads due to Glo.

TonySpike your audio is so clean. And your playing is as sleek as ever. Nice.

Thanks Bro!
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by joefel2: 2:00am On Aug 19, 2017
You can actually get the progression of any Nigeria song in https://www.yallemedia.com/category/chords/ and also popular American chords.

2 Likes

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by jayriginal: 11:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
Are there any good Luthiers in Nigeria? Please mention me if you know of any.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by jayriginal: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Quiet house.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by naijafris: 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
please I need a whatsapp tutor on lead guitar lesson., I play bass guitar but I am having difficulties with lead especially in note combination in the 1st & 2nd string. please someone should help.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by fecta: 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2017
This thread should come to life in jesus name i just bought a guitar

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Rhesusmonkey(m): 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nastydroid:
people just dy view this thread dem no drop posts
pls where can i get an acoustic bass guitar in lagos and whats the likely price range

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking / To Listen to Nigerian Music Online / Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.