Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals (75885 Views)

Acoustic Guitarist Needed / Nigerian Guitarist Simeon Djagbo Was Born Without Fingers And Palms (photos) / A Thread For Pianists: Amateurs, Intermediaries, Professionals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by juligon: 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nastydroid: writing it in text will be more complicated.i will advise to download e-books and also watch videos on youtube let me drop 3 chords for u
G major=5(2)6(3)1(3)
C major=2(1)4(2)5(3)
F major=12(1)2(2)3(3)
() this indicates the fret number.while the numbers outside are d strings number n.b for the f major 12 you will be holding string 1 and 2 together which u may not get it now but don't stop trying....
.....nyce which key do u play cos i do play Key G &C
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by juligon: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
qoute me if u wnt to knw more on acoustic
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by MrKnowitall: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
I thought you people were serious about talking about guitar. You guys are just playing around. This thread is dead.

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
juligon: .....nyce which key do u play cos i do play Key G &C
I play on A,C and f
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
juligon: qoute me if u wnt to knw more on acoustic
do u stay in lag?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Pentatonic Scales
From Espie Estrella
The word "pentatonic" comes from the Greek word
pente meaning five and tonic meaning tone. Simply put,
the pentatonic scale consists of five notes within one
octave, that's why it is also sometimes referred to as
a five-tone scale or five-note scale. It is believed
that the pentatonic scale was used way back in ancient
times. Composers like Claude Debussy have used
pentatonic scales for added effect in his music.
The anhemitonic form of pentatonic scale has no
semitones (ex. c–d–f–g–a–c} this is the most
commonly used form.
The two basic forms of pentatonic scales are:
Major Pentatonic - Consists of the 1st - 2nd - 3rd
- 5th - 6th notes of a major scale .
Minor Pentatonic - Consists of the same 5 notes of
a major pentatonic scale but its tonic (first note of
the scale} is 3 semitones below the tonic of the major
pentatonic

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
here is the fifth position

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by juligon: 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nastydroid: I play on A,C and f
.....hmmm which one is ur best?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
juligon: .....hmmm which one is ur best?
I find it easier on A and C
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by juligon: 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nastydroid: do u stay in lag?
lokoja
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by juligon: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nastydroid: I find it easier on A and C
this images u jst uploaded i dnt understand dem
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
juligon: this images u jst uploaded i dnt understand dem
that is pentatonic scale and it position....for solo beginners
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Mosjentle(m): 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
(hope u dnt mind Nastydroid)
Pentatonic scale has Five Major Positions on the Fretboard,and Five minor(modified) Positions,,Most New novice guitarists only know about the Major Five Positions,but its advisable to learn the 5 minor positions too..When playing Some key riffs in Aminor or In F'harm' ,there is a need to improvise the positions to form Modes e.g the Ionian mode(note ds s diff frm scale) startn wt 'la'#

2 Likes

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by FarmTech(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nastydroid: it all depends on which type of acoustic and d size d prices ranges from (4k-12k)
Pls can u list the types of acostics and wot each is good for? Also, which type did Asa used in that her album - fire on the mountain, no one knows 2morrow.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by MrKnowitall: 2:24am On Jul 23, 2014
Mosjentle: (hope u dnt mind Nastydroid)
Pentatonic scale has Five Major Positions on the Fretboard,and Five minor(modified) Positions,,Most New novice guitarists only know about the Major Five Positions,but its advisable to learn the 5 minor positions too..When playing Some key riffs in Aminor or In F'harm' ,there is a need to improvise the positions to form Modes e.g the Ionian mode(note ds s diff frm scale) startn wt 'la'#

There are more then five major and minor positions to the scale my friend.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by daceo1(m): 3:17am On Jul 23, 2014
Nice one
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 5:08am On Jul 23, 2014
FarmTech:
Pls can u list the types of acostics and wot each is good for? Also, which type did Asa used in that her album - fire on the mountain, no one knows 2morrow.

Bro, I believe this is the answer to your first question. Please, see the images below...

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by juligon: 8:14am On Jul 23, 2014
Nastydroid: that is pentatonic scale and it position....for solo beginners
...i could see so many fingers on d frets
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by juligon: 8:16am On Jul 23, 2014
FarmTech:
.....hehehehe hop say u 20k for asa own
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by juligon: 8:17am On Jul 23, 2014
FarmTech:
.....hehehehe hop say u get 20k for asa own
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2014
Another one of my recordings:

https:///41HxQDjv

Comments are needed...
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Rufex07(m): 11:01am On Jul 23, 2014
TonySpike:

That song was essentially strummed using these four chords: D2, Bm, Asus and G. It could be the tuning though, still trying to adjust to my new guitar. I got it about a month ago. You can make use of your laptop sound recorder or cell phone recorder.
OK. thanks.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Rufex07(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2014
TonySpike: Another one of my recordings:

https:///41HxQDjv

Comments are needed...
better job bro, compare to the happy birthday song. the strumming pattern are the same and the guitar seems better tuned. well done.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by MightyFortress: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
Chanchit:

If I reply you now, e go be like say I dey derail thread.
The last time I checked, this thread is for guitarists.
Is piano as mobile as guitar..?
Can you use only Piano to play live rock music..?
Can you do what Carlos Santana and Djimi Dludlu does with the guitar on Piano..?
Piano can never give you that acoustic sound.
Don't try to console ur self because you can't play the guitar.

And by the way, I play both.
Bros pls, i have been looking for Jimmy Dludlu's albums all over Kd.. No shop has them. Pls I would like anyone who has any of his complete albums to share it, abeg. Epicmarvel222@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Chanchit: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
MightyFortress: Bros pls, i have been looking for Jimmy Dludlu's albums all over Kd.. No shop has them. Pls I would like anyone who has any of his complete albums to share it, abeg. Epicmarvel222@gmail.com. Thanks.

Well, had it been U are here in Lagos, I would know where to direct you to, but since you are in KD, u can jst download his songs on tubidy.com
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by MightyFortress: 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
thanks
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
Is it important to memorize notes when playing solo
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Lero15(m): 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
['quote author=boofydon]Finding a youtube video to help learn africa style of playing guitar(all those lead and bass guitar sounds you hear in the typical juju songs sad ) can be quite a dauting task.
To know how to solo is the main thing, strumming chords all the time can be quite boring(unless you want to be a passive player like Asa- who only plays I-II-III or I-IV-V in all her songs)[/quote]hi. Good to see u again after d Nairaland tsunami. How are you & hope u are making progress with ur guitar?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kilokeys(m): 8:13am On Aug 11, 2014
guitarists needed in a band in lagos.
acoustic guitarists, rock guitarists.
been playing for this band "christman band" for two years.
awesome fellowship. u get to minister alongside efe, ige(projectfame), olufunmi and divine boz

rehearsals has started already. contact: GIVEN - 08092455927.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Y'all need some understanding on theory...I told someone lately that I'm a rhythm guitarist(not pro tho) and he said there's nothing like that...I Lmao smiley
Read on...

The terms lead guitar and rhythm guitar are mildly confusing, especially to the beginner. Of course, a guitar should almost always follow some sort of rhythm, whether loose or tight. Plus, many times, guitars are very prominent in a song, where it drives the music, but is not quite lead. Plus, the lead guitarist doesn't even play a lead part, and that happens almost all the time! How can we untangle this mess?

The distinction is somewhat arbitrary. Many bands in contemporary music have two guitarists, where usually one would specialize in "lead" and the other in "rhythm". The Beatles, Dethklok, and Metallica are famous examples of bands who misused this. Lead guitar means melody guitar, meaning that the lead guitarist must specialize in playing the melody of the song, so any guitar playing a solo is not a lead. Sure, a lead guitarist may get to solo, but someone cannot be called a lead guitarist simply because he/she plays a solo in a song. A lead part contributes entirely to melody (as lead guitar means melody guitar), instead of to the foundation, which is carried by the rhythm guitar. This means the rhythm guitarist is the driving source. Lead guitar uses few or no chords, although sometimes it can be following a chord structure, while rhythm guitar uses the chords to drive the music.

It is important to realize that lead guitar and rhythm guitar fit into two different parts of a band, but it just happens that they are played on the same instrument. Lead guitar provides a solo voice, and is grouped with the lead vocals, lead piano, etc. Rhythm guitar is part of the underlying rhythm section, along with instruments like bass, drums, sometimes piano, background vocals, etc. Generally speaking, the rhythm provides the groove of the song, while lead provides the melody.

However, these distinctions get fuzzy, especially when the so-called lead guitarists play chords and double-stops in their riffs. In some cases, a single guitar part provides both the melody and accompaniment (especially power chord riffs, commonly found in rock and metal, and finger picking, found in folk guitar).

Some bands (often three piece bands) feature a single guitarist who can act as either, by either assuming one role at a time or, in a recording studio, recording a lead track over their own rhythm track. For example, the band Dire Straits has been in both situations: in the early days, David Knopfler played rhythm while Mark Knopfler played lead. When David left, Mark usually played both parts on studio albums, and hired another guitarist to play rhythm for live shows. Some guitarists reached such technical proficiency that they were able to play both parts "simultaneously". A famous example of this technique is Dimebag Darrell, particularly on songs such like Walk or Breathing New Life (using an harmonizing effect pedal).
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
summary abeg...i only saw something like rhythm guitarist...bro you are a lead guitarist,that can only play rhythm but can't solo.what will you call someone that can play rhythm and solo?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
woodcrestmayor are you on 2go?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Top Eight Sexiest Radio On Air Personalities(pics) / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / D'banj Fall In Love Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.