Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? (34201 Views)

Cushitic People / Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / Ilaje People(the Only Oil Producing Tribe In Yoruba Land):let Us Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Go Down)

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:20am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

Kind of like how the Italians defeated the Somalis? sure man. There is nothing no offense to the kind Somalis...There is nothing Somalia has accomplished that other Africans have not accomplished.

Italians never defeated somalis, intact Italians actually freed the bantus. And worked with the Somalis to invade Ethiopia. Where do they teach you history?

Why do you think Somalia, Eritrea,and Ethiopia are the only countries in Africa who have their indigenous language as their national language.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:20am On Oct 27, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: you should read "Narrative of Travels and Discoveries in Northern and Central Africa" for information on bornu. Clapperton was a friend of the sheik/ruler.

Bornu is very interesting, I will definitely still read it though to make my father proud
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

SLAYED. RIP

When didn I ever say Beja was not Afro Asiatic/Cushite? They're not horner like Somalis and Ethiopians.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:21am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

And? So what? What relevance does that have to what we are discussing?

because beja people are found in sudan, eritrea and egypt. And they look like somalis. Thats why cushitic speakers live from Egypt to Somalia.

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:21am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

Italians never defeated somalis, intact Italians actually freed the bantus. And worked with the Somalis to invade Ethiopia. Where do they teach you history?

Why do you think Somalia, Eritrea,and Ethiopia are the only countries in Africa who have their indigenous language as their national language.

It is because there is technically speaking only 1 ethnic group in Somalia whilst nations like Nigeria, Niger, Mali, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Benin, Guinea, etc. etc. have hundreds per nation.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 7:21am On Oct 27, 2013
Hahha! Ajuran,see this... Hahah! Hope u now know westafricans were more civilized than ur kind,the only thing u know about our history is the slave trade,but few part of westafrica sold slaves
KidStranglehold:

Name me a Cushite that even comes close to this...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/mansa-musa-worlds-richest-man-all-time_n_1973840.html

West Africa actually had more civilizations than the horn. So don't even get me started on that. Sahelian states in west Africa were more iconic, powerful, rich and educated than any in the horn. Mali/Songhai Empire easily beats anything horners made. The only thing horners beat those Sahelian Africans in is just architecture, but other than that nothing.

And again STOP claiming the Kushites. They were NILE SAHARAN, always have been and still are!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

because beja people are found in sudan, eritrea and egypt. And they look like somalis. Thats why cushitic speakers live from Egypt to Somalia.

But they're not found in the Horn which was my point. And Cushite people are RECENT in the Sudan.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStrangleHold where are you from?
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:24am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

It is because there is technically speaking only 1 ethnic group in Somalia whilst nations like Nigeria, Niger, Mali, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Benin, Guinea, etc. etc. have hundreds per nation.

Ethiopia has over 80 ethnicities, Djibout over 10, And Eritrea more than a dozen. Somalia has Arab minority, somali-arab mixed, Afar, and few bantu. But we all speak Somali, and all of us are 100 percent muslim or they don't live to tell about it. cool
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198: KidStrangleHold where are you from?

From the deep jungles of the Congo. I remember him telling me this.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 7:26am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

Apparently not hard enough considering all the blacks running around in the new world who were brought there as slaves.

-this comment deserves thumbs up
do you think europeans were in there stealing slaves to bring to america? No dumb azz, they were sold by african slave traders on equal terms with european slave traders.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

You do know I told him this a million times right? For example...Nigeria population is 168 million people with over 200 different ethic groups with different language. They NEED English as the official language because thats what binds the country together for political,business,military,etc purpose. I may not be Nigerian or from Nigeria, but I bet each Nigerian ethnic group speaks there native language at home and not English, but only use English for things I stated above.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:27am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

Ethiopia has over 80 ethnicities, Djibout over 10, And Eritrea more than a dozen. Somalia has Arab minority, somali-arab mixed, Afar, and few bantu. But we all speak Somali, and all of us are 100 percent muslim or they don't live to tell about it. cool

And? Ethiopia are not fair to the other Ethnic groups. This has been discussed in Nigeria in the past by Nigerians whether to keep English as an official language or dump it. Nigeria likes equality we have 250 ethnic groups. Could you imagine if the Igbos said every Nigerian should speak Igbo, or the Hausa said everyone should speak Hausa, or the Yoruba said everyone should speak Yoruba, or the Fulbe (Fulani) said everyone should speak Fulfulde? We would have a lot of internal conflict. That is why Nigeria is not doing as badly as Somalia (despite Somalia only having 1 ethnic group). Despite being of several backgrounds we are still together. Even if we must use a Euro language, we will stand together.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198: KidStrangleHold where are you from?

America. I just know A LOT about African history. grin

As for my ethnicity. African American/Haitian.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: do you think europeans were in there stealing slaves to bring to america? No dumb azz, they were sold by african slave traders on equal terms with european slave traders.

Thats how it started but eventually Whites didn't care any more so they got you all, look at south africa.

That being said, am sorry about your past. This is why am anti white.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:28am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold:

You do know I told him this a million times right? For example...Nigeria population is 168 million people with over 200 different ethic groups with different language. They NEED English as the official language because thats what binds the country together for political,business,military,etc purpose. I may not be Nigerian or from Nigeria, but I bet each Nigerian ethnic group speaks there native language at home and not English, but only use English for things I stated above.

That's correct, in fact if you go to where I'm from in Nigeria (mainly the North) you only mainly hear Hausa, Fulfulde, Kanuri, some other indigenous Nigerian languages. Some English is spoken yes, but not every Nigerian speaks English. BTW, where are you from?
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:28am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold:

America. I just know A LOT about African history. grin

As for my ethnicity. African American/Haitian.

Oh ok very good
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:29am On Oct 27, 2013
[quote author=Adamskuty][/quote]

do you know both the niles come from Ethiopia? and no one but horners referred to themselves as Cush. Ask any nilosahran. Cushitic became a language group only 100 years ago.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:30am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

And? Ethiopia are not fair to the other Ethnic groups. This has been discussed in Nigeria in the past by Nigerians whether to keep English as an official language or dump it. Nigeria likes equality we have 250 ethnic groups. Could you imagine if the Igbos said every Nigerian should speak Igbo, or the Hausa said everyone should speak Hausa, or the Yoruba said everyone should speak Yoruba, or the Fulbe (Fulani) said everyone should speak Fulfulde? We would have a lot of internal conflict. That is why Nigeria is not doing as badly as Somalia (despite Somalia only having 1 ethnic group). Despite being of several backgrounds we are still together. Even if we must use a Euro language, we will stand together.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:32am On Oct 27, 2013
You guys speaking a european language disgusts me greatly and this is where much of my hate comes from. You guys need to pick a language and proliferate it among your people instead of relying on a european one.

For example the short ethiopians have one national language, but every state in ethiopia like the somali state has its on language.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

That's correct, in fact if you go to where I'm from in Nigeria (mainly the North) you only mainly hear Hausa, Fulfulde, Kanuri, some other indigenous Nigerian languages. Some English is spoken yes, but not every Nigerian speaks English. BTW, where are you from?

Yep and lets not forget colonization played a role which put many different ethnic groups of Africa in one box really. Good examples being Nigeria, Sudan, Mali and Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:34am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran: You guys speaking a european language disgusts me greatly and this is where much of my hate comes from. You guys need to pick a language and proliferate it among your people instead of relying on a european one.

For example the short ethiopians have one national language, but every state in ethiopia like the somali state has its on language.

It is not going to happen and I can assure you, most Nigerians would rather not speak a European language, however, it is the most neutral thing we can do at the moment. We do not want any internal conflicts brewing. English is no ones first language, Nigerians only learn English at school, that is how I learned English, I learned it from primary school. I grew up only speaking Fulfulde and Hausa before then.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran: You guys speaking a european language disgusts me greatly and this is where much of my hate comes from. You guys need to pick a language and proliferate it among your people instead of relying on a european one.

If it makes you feel better, my people developed our own language. Also it doesn't matter because you and other Somalis still write in Latin characters which is European.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

Thats how it started but eventually Whites didn't care any more so they got you all, look at south africa.

That being said, am sorry about your past. This is why am anti white.
what are talking about? Europeans wanted to colonize africa so they fought against africans to do so, like they did in somalia.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:37am On Oct 27, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: what are talking about? Europeans wanted to colonize africa so they fought against africans to do so, like they did in somalia.

Please don't mention the land of my forefathers without first saying 'The home of the brave nomads: SOMALIA" in all capital letters of course.

-thank you.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

Why do you think we would care? Not to sound mean. You mistake Nigeria for being some Western nation or something

I ask because I am afraid my family will find out. Since I have been sleeping with this girl for the last week: My friends have said I have become more afrocentric and that my nose has gotten slightly wider. They joke that am stealing all the air in the room.

GOD BLESS AFRICA.

^ you see what am saying> embarassed
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 27, 2013
Anyways I'm going to get back on topic. There is no standard of beauty in Africa, because Africans are far to diverse in looks, since they're the oldest humans, they have the highest diversity in looks. I'm going to soon post some interesting sources on African diversity.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman can u tell me why u hid my post?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15)

Funny Things Only Nigerians Do / Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) / The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.