Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? (34163 Views)

Cushitic People / Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / Ilaje People(the Only Oil Producing Tribe In Yoruba Land):let Us Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 26, 2013
I still see Somalia9/Ajuran/Axum is STILL claiming the Kushites were related to horners...Dude how many times do I have to tell you!? The Kushites/Nubians were NOT Afro-Asiatic type Africans like Somalis/Ethiopians, they were NILE SAHARAN repeat NILE SAHARAN!

All ''Nubian languages'' are Nilo-Saharan.

Kingdom of Kerma 2500 BC – 1500 BC
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian

Kingdom of Kush 1070 BC – 350 AD
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Meroitic
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Northern > Old Nubian

Kingdom of Makuria 340 AD - 1312 AD

Kingdom of Nobatia 350 AD – 650 AD

Kingdom of Alodia 600s AD - 1504 AD

Modern day Nubian speakers include:

1 million+ North Sudanese
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Dongolawi

1 million Southern Egypt & North Sudan
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Nobiin

100,000 North Sudanese
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Midob

100,000 North Sudanese
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Birgid

100,000 North Sudanese
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Hill Nubian

Stop with the nonsense already.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by EfemenaXY: 6:42am On Oct 26, 2013
Garaad:

For most non-Somalis it might seem weird but unfortunately Somali culture breeds this level of ignorance and stupidity. Remember we are the only country in Africa in which 99% of the people speak the same language, 99% have the same religion, and 90% are the same ethnicity, yet we live in anarchy, have famines that no other modern country does, and live under the threat of terrorism and piracy.

If the Nigerian brothas and sistas here think its bad the way some Somalis think about other Africans. You don't want to know what we say about one another. The amount of ethnic vitriol among tribes who look indistinguishable from one another is 10x worse than anything Somalis have to say about any other Africans. Our entire culture is based on hating each other and fighting about stupid shit. Its the by product of living in a harsh environment for hundreds of years and having only your close family to depend on while being attacked at any moment by other tribes.

Wow!

Thanks for the insight, Garaad.

You know, I really did wonder where all the uncouth venom spewed forth by Ajuran or whatever names he calls himself, came from. To say his nastiness took my breath away is a gross understatement. T'is good to know that not all of you think like him.

It is well smiley
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:03am On Oct 26, 2013
yousuf12: @Garaad

I agree with everything you said except for the bit where you said the only light skinned Somalis are the ones who intermixed with Indians and Arabs. That is totally false!
My family all have a light/fair skin complexion and my family have not been in contact with any Indians or Arabs since forever. I can trace my ancestry back to Darood Ismaeel Al Jabarti and none of my forefathers married a non Somali.

Note how Somalis in the west are usually lighter than Somalis back home. I believe it is the poverty and weather.

obviousy farad doesn't know am here as a troll, and he himself is some bantu who believes theres no such thing as a somali who is light skin. Wouldn't surprise me if his some afrocentric on a mission lmao
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:03am On Oct 26, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Wow!

Thanks for the insight, Garaad.

You know, I really did wonder where all the uncouth venom spewed forth by Ajuran or whatever names he calls himself, came from. To say his nastiness took my breath away is a gross understatement. T'is good to know that not all of you think like him.

It is well smiley

majority of cushitic people think like me, find out why bantus are referred to as baria in ethiopia, and jareer in somalia. find out why bantus were slaves in ethiopia and somalia.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2013
Ajuran:

Dude, Am in the USA. You are clearly misinformed if you think i would take my chances with HIV and come to anything in subsaharan africa outside of the Horn of Africa.
i can see,certainly a refugee grin how's life going for u over there in the refugee camp? What do eat,wear and how do u sleep?

Btw,my negro friend,hiv rate in nigeria is 2percent (one of the lowest in africa) that of somalia is 1percent,get that into ur swollen brain charcant grin
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 10:14am On Oct 26, 2013
Ajuran:

majority of cushitic people think like me, find out why bantus are referred to as baria in ethiopia, and jareer in somalia. find out why bantus were slaves in ethiopia and somalia.
i can see,u were lying behind my back,u slave.

U decided to use the opportunity of my absence to spread ur lies,ethiopians and most somalis don't refer to westafricans as bantus,even those in southern ethiopia ain't called bantus,bantus are present in somalia,eastafrica,central and southern africa,how many times will i keep on telling u this,black refugee? undecided

i laugh when i see ur post about slaves grin grin no whitemen came here and invaded here,infact only southern nigerians sold slaves,it is called the TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE for a reason,poor one..

Infact we,present day nigerians are descendants of slave owners who traded slaves captured during wars or raids with the whites and remember ur kind were enslaved,the arabs,north africans and brazilians invaded ur land,fvcked y'all and took y'all as slaves,pls get that into ur brain grin

don't lemme start posting artices now,confused one.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 26, 2013
Ajuran:

@Bolded....OMG! grin
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

LOL no wonder why there are 4 Somalis on NL I forgot about this I will go ahead and hide his posts lol. I'm sorry that he is disgracing Somalis.

That's how we all ended up here. A friend of mine who is also a Nairlander started asking me weird question about Somali Bantus and he also asked me if I hate other Africans. I asked him why he would ask me that out of the blue then he referred to the thread you closed.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
Adamskuty: i can see,u were lying behind my back,u slave.

U decided to use the opportunity of my absence to spread ur lies,ethiopians and most somalis don't refer to westafricans as bantus,even those in southern ethiopia ain't called bantus,bantus are present in somalia,eastafrica,central and southern africa,how many times will i keep on telling u this,black refugee? undecided

i laugh when i see ur post about slaves grin grin no whitemen came here and invaded here,infact only southern nigerians sold slaves,it is called the TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE for a reason,poor one..

Infact we,present day nigerians are descendants of slave owners who traded slaves captured during wars or raids with the whites and remember ur kind were enslaved,the arabs,north africans and brazilians invaded ur land,fvcked y'all and took y'all as slaves,pls get that into ur brain grin

don't lemme start posting artices now,confused one.

Arabs, North Africans and Brazilians invaded Somali lands? I'm intrigued, post your articles!
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
yousuf12:

Arabs, North Africans and Brazilians invaded Somali lands? I'm intrigued, post your articles!
mister man chill and have a drink of alomo bitters,i'll post the article later.

Btw,the italians and british government invaded ur land and colonized you people as well cool
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
Adamskuty: mister man chill and have a drink of alomo bitters,i'll post the article later.

Btw,the italians and british government invaded ur land and colonized you people as well cool

Somalis were not truly colonised though, they speak their language as the official language.

2 Likes

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
Adamskuty: mister man chill and have a drink of alomo bitters,i'll post the article later.

And the French were also there to get their share. Somalis have been run over several times that they have lost count.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

LOL no wonder why there are 4 Somalis on NL I forgot about this I will go ahead and hide his posts lol. I'm sorry that he is disgracing Somalis.

u cant delete my posts. thats wrong. i am gonna speak to the owner

just cause some one is embaressed doesnt mean i should be banned or my posts deleted. i have emailed the owner of the site
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

Somalis were not truly colonised though, they speak their language as the official language.

true, as somalia and italians invaded ethiopia to get our land back. and we fought the longest war in africa against colonalists, the british, for over two decades untill they used air planes to bomb us
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
Longest war against colonialism in Africa? U mean, longer than the Algerians fought?

2 Likes

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
[Removed]
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
Radoillo: Longest war against colonialism in Africa? U mean, longer than the Algerians fought?

This man knows his African history very well
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
axum:

u cant delete my posts. thats wrong. i am gonna speak to the owner

just cause some one is embaressed doesnt mean i should be banned or my posts deleted. i have emailed the owner of the site

Relax my Somali brethren I only hid the posts that were irrelevant :-D
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

Relax my Somali brethren I only hid the posts that were irrelevant :-D

Okay brother fulaman, Please protect ur somali guests, we are visitors. we would do the same for u if u came to somalinet and told us we are inferior
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
yousuf12:

Brazilians invaded Somalia? What I know Somalia9 could be irritating but come on...
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Brazilians invaded Somalia? What I know Somalia9 could be irritating but come on...

First of all this is BS. Egypt had base in Somalia for a few decades in the 1800's and that was an effort to outflank ethiopia. they didn't come as occupiers. The european who came in the late 1800's partly came cause of the decline of the ottoman empire. Somalis in the north fought for over 20 years. and in the south the italians freed the bantus, and the italians and somalis invaded ethiopia. so its not real colonialism like west africa.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ajuran:

First of all this is BS. Egypt had base in Somalia for a few decades in the 1800's and that was an effort to outflank ethiopia. they didn't come as occupiers. The european who came in the late 1800's partly came cause of the decline of the ottoman empire. Somalis in the north fought for over 20 years. and in the south the italians freed the bantus, and the italians and somalis invaded ethiopia. so its not real colonialism like west africa.

What does this have to do with Brazilians. And a lot of other Africans fought against colonization. Not just Somalis. The Mandinka warrior Samori Ture fought the french who were waaaaaay more powerful than the silly Italians(They were a powerhouse during that time, while Italy was the joke of Europe). The French fought a war with Samori for nearly 20 years, which is ridiculous considering that France was THE major world power at the time, outside of Britain. It was because of people like him that it took so long for French colonialists to conquer the Sudan (even though they'd been trying to do so basically since the 1850s and had already set up shop in Morocco and Algeria since the 1830s).

Again West Africans/Bantus mostly fought against POWERHOUSES like the French and British. Don't even get me started on the British...Yet the the Ashantis beat the British in FIVE wars and the Zulu's gave the British the most humiliated defeat and they only used short ranged weapons. The British and French had weapons like the machine gun, while the Italians did not. The Italians were not that technologically advanced, disciplined or a POWERHOUSE(like Britain and France), so of course the Somalis and Ethiopians would have a much easier time defeating. So you don't have much a bragging rights.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
KidStranglehold:

What does this have to do with Brazilians. And a lot of other Africans fought against colonization. Not just Somalis. The Mandinka warrior Samori Ture fought the french who were waaaaaay more powerful than the silly Italians(They were a powerhouse during that time, while Italy was the joke of Europe). The French fought a war with Samori for nearly 20 years, which is ridiculous considering that France was THE major world power at the time, outside of Britain. It was because of people like him that it took so long for French colonialists to conquer the Sudan (even though they'd been trying to do so basically since the 1850s and had already set up shop in Morocco and Algeria since the 1830s).

Again West Africans/Bantus mostly fought against POWERHOUSES like the French and British. Don't even get me started on the British...Yet the the Ashantis beat the British in FIVE wars and the Zulu's gave the British the most humiliated defeat and they only used short ranged weapons. The British and French had weapons like the machine gun, while the Italians did not. The Italians were not that technologically advanced, disciplined or a POWERHOUSE(like Britain and France), so of course the Somalis and Ethiopians would have a much easier time defeating. So you don't have much a bragging rights.

i don't know what he was talking about brazilians.

dude lets not compare somalis/ethiopians to west africans. Somalis defeated the Portugese 500 YEARS go, when you guys were being purchased like cattle. And we even found time to help the Arabs and their bantu slaves who were being taken over by the portugese.

so sit down and take a seat. And never ever ever compare Somali to what you are.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ajuran:

dude lets not compare somalis/ethiopians to west africans. Somalis defeated the Portugese 500 YEARS go, when you guys were being purchased like cattle. And we even found time to help the Arabs and their bantu slaves who were being taken over by the portugese.

so sit down and take a seat. And never ever ever compare Somali to what you are.

Somalia9, don't even try to debate me on African history because I am well informed...

First off...West Africans defeated the Portuguese well before Somalis. It was the Mali empire and the Mali empire decimated the Portuguese easily with their navel power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Mali_Empire#The_Portuguese

The Portuguese got beat so badly that they had to trade instead. Didn't the Somalis have help from the Ottomans against the Portuguese, meanwhile the Mali empire did not.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ajuran:

KidStranglehold:

Somalia9, don't even try to debate me on African history because I am well informed...

First off...West Africans defeated the Portuguese well before Somalis. It was the Mali empire and the Mali empire decimated the Portuguese easily with their navel power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Mali_Empire#The_Portuguese

The Portuguese got beat so badly that they had to trade instead. Didn't the Somalis have help from the Ottomans against the Portuguese, meanwhile the Mali empire did not.

i told him this like a month ago and you told him months before but he wont let up. LOL

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: i told him this like a month ago and you told him months before but he wont let up. LOL

Mali are legends but which empire was it in Mali during that time period I believe it was a mix of Mande and Fulani
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 27, 2013
@PAPA AFRICA

lol agreed

@Fulaman198

Mali empire was also Tuareg and Sanhaja, they mostly lived in Timbuktu as scholars. But they were not the majority like the Mandinkas(who controlled the empire).
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 27, 2013
@Adam

The Europeans only succeeded in Somali lands because they had Somali collaborators. Before Somalis started defecting, the Europeans were under constant assault thus only present in coastal areas. It was a big mistake nevertheless, Somalis back then weren't coherent and only served their tribal needs. sadly, they were divided even further and they were then conquered with ease.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 3:02am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold: @PAPA AFRICA

lol agreed

@Fulaman198

Mali empire was also Tuareg and Sanhaja, they were mostly lived in Timbuktu as scholars. But they were not the majority like the Mandinkas.

Here is the mistake that many of you make back in that time frame, there was no such thing as Mali empire.

It is today present day called Mali, however in the early 1400s Mali was controlled by the Fulani. In the 1300s, Mali was controlled by the Mandinka/Mande. In the 1500s Mali was mainly controlled by the Songhai/Arma. At one point, the "Mali Empire" was even called the Ghana empire, but it had nothing to do with present day Ghana, that was just the name of it. That's why at one point it was also called the Songhai empire, and the Fulani empire went by many names (Tekrur or Wasulu emirate).
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

Here is the mistake that many of you make back in that time frame, there was no such thing as Mali empire.

It is today present day called Mali, however in the early 1400s Mali was controlled by the Fulani. In the 1300s, Mali was controlled by the Mandinka/Mande. In the 1500s Mali was mainly controlled by the Songhai/Arma. At one point, the "Mali Empire" was even called the Ghana empire, but it had nothing to do with present day Ghana, that was just the name of it. That's why at one point it was also called the Songhai empire, and the Fulani empire went by many names (Tekrur or Wasulu emirate).

What?? When was the Mali Empire controlled by Fulanis Bro no disrespect...But you are confusing things and posting me out of context. I am NOT talking about the area of Mali or the Republic of Mali, but the Mali empire itself.

I already know the area of Mali was controlled controlled by different empires/kingdoms. The two main ones being the Mali Empire and Songhai empire. The Mali Empire was NEVER called the Ghana Empire, the Ghana Empire was not even in modern day Mali, but Mauritania. And I obviously know Modern day Ghana has nothing to do with the Ghana Empire, and I obviously know Modern day Mali took the name of the Mali Empire, because the area of Mali was controlled by many different empires/kingdoms/city states.

Again no disrespect and sorry for being such a jerk, but I really don't like when people insult my intelligence. I believe it is you who is mistaking, and yes there was a Mali Empire. Again I already know the area of modern day Mali was controlled by many different Empires, one being the Mali Empire. And again the Ghana Empire wasn't even in Modern Day Mali, but modern day Mauritania. Again no disrespect, but please don't insult my intelligence. smiley

The Mali Empire was never controlled by Fulanis, but Mandinkas. The Founding fathers were Mandinkas like Keita.

2 Likes

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 4:43am On Oct 27, 2013
Why are we comparing the Cushitic race to west africans? Has this day come? Seriously AXUM, AJURAN, KUSH, THE SOMALI SULTANATES, VS west africans who for the last 500 years were in slavery by europeans.

O ALLAH PLZ GIVE ME SANITY.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 4:47am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold:

What?? When was the Mali Empire controlled by Fulanis Bro no disrespect...But you are confusing things and posting me out of context. I am NOT talking about the area of Mali or the Republic of Mali, but the Mali empire itself.

I already know the area of Mali was controlled controlled by different empires/kingdoms. The two main ones being the Mali Empire and Songhai empire. The Mali Empire was NEVER called the Ghana Empire, the Ghana Empire was not even in modern day Mali, but Mauritania. And I obviously know Modern day Ghana has nothing to do with the Ghana Empire, and I obviously know Modern day Mali took the name of the Mali Empire, because the area of Mali was controlled by many different empires/kingdoms/city states.

Again no disrespect and sorry for being such a jerk, but I really don't like when people insult my intelligence. I believe it is you who is mistaking, and yes there was a Mali Empire. Again I already know the area of modern day Mali was controlled by many different Empires, one being the Mali Empire. And again the Ghana Empire wasn't even in Modern Day Mali, but modern day Mauritania. Again no disrespect, but please don't insult my intelligence. smiley

The Mali Empire was never controlled by Fulanis, but Mandinkas. The Founding fathers were Mandinkas like Keita.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massina_Empire

"The Fulas of the region had for centuries been the vassals of larger states, including the Mali Empire (13th-14th centuries), the Songhai Empire (15th century), the Moroccan pashas of Tomboctou (16th century), and the Bambara Empire at Ségou (17th century)."

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16)

Queen Ajoke Gorgeous In Makeup Photo / Traditionalists Lay Curses On People Insulting Oba Of Benin On Social Media(pics / Funny Things Only Nigerians Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.