Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,079 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:30 AM

Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? (34085 Views)

Cushitic People / Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / Ilaje People(the Only Oil Producing Tribe In Yoruba Land):let Us Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 4:50am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran: Why are we comparing the Cushitic race to west africans? Has this day come? Seriously AXUM, AJURAN, KUSH, THE SOMALI SULTANATES, VS west africans who for the last 500 years were in slavery by europeans.

O ALLAH PLZ GIVE ME SANITY.

You do realise that West Africa had a lot of natural resources that Europeans wanted but couldn't get their hands on in West Africa until the 19th century.....

They had to combine their forces when West African forces were dispersed. The British, French and Portugese all joined forces together to conquer nations in West Africa. There was Gold in what is today Ghana, Diamonds in what is today Sierra Leone, and Oil in what is today Nigeria. So exactly what did Somalia have (no offense to Somalis) that needed to be exploited. If these empires would have been at their peak of power, I can assure you Kingdoms like the Benin Empire, the Fulani caliphate of Maasina to Sokoto, etc. would not have been conquered.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massina_Empire

"The Fulas of the region had for centuries been the vassals of larger states, including the Mali Empire (13th-14th centuries), the Songhai Empire (15th century), the Moroccan pashas of Tomboctou (16th century), and the Bambara Empire at Ségou (17th century)."

Is it that you don't know the meaning of vassal? It seems you've shot yourself in the foot.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

"The Fulas of the region had for centuries been the vassals of larger states, including the Mali Empire (13th-14th centuries), the Songhai Empire (15th century), the Moroccan pashas of Tomboctou (16th century), and the Bambara Empire at Ségou (17th century)."

*Sigh*

Again Fulaman I KNOW Fulanis had kingdoms/Empires in the modern Mali. But again I am talking about the Mali empire, repeat Mali EMPIRE! This one...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mali_Empire

Again the Mali Empire was controlled by Mandinkas. But Fulanis, Tuaregs, Sanhajas and others were a part of it.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran: Why are we comparing the Cushitic race to west africans? Has this day come? Seriously AXUM, AJURAN, KUSH, THE SOMALI SULTANATES, VS west africans who for the last 500 years were in slavery by europeans.

O ALLAH PLZ GIVE ME SANITY.

Name me a Cushite that even comes close to this...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/mansa-musa-worlds-richest-man-all-time_n_1973840.html

West Africa actually had more civilizations than the horn. So don't even get me started on that. Sahelian states in west Africa were more iconic, powerful, rich and educated than any in the horn. Mali/Songhai Empire easily beats anything horners made. The only thing horners beat those Sahelian Africans in is just architecture, but other than that nothing.

And again STOP claiming the Kushites. They were NILE SAHARAN, always have been and still are!!!
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

You do realise that West Africa had a lot of natural resources that Europeans wanted but couldn't get their hands on in West Africa until the 19th century.....

They had to combine their forces when West African forces were dispersed. The British, French and Portugese all joined forces together to conquer nations in West Africa. There was Gold in what is today Ghana, Diamonds in what is today Sierra Leone, and Oil in what is today Nigeria. So exactly what did Somalia have (no offense to Somalis) that needed to be exploited. If these empires would have been at their peak of power, I can assure you Kingdoms like the Benin Empire, the Fulani caliphate of Maasina to Sokoto, etc. would not have been conquered.

Somalis were beat by the Italians. That says it all. Italians didn't even get the best lands with the best resources. Meanwhile powerhouses like the British, French, Belgians, Portuguese and Germans did.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 5:16am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

Vassal- a holder of land by feudal tenure on conditions of homage and allegiance.

but any how you should read "Narrative of Travels and Discoveries in Northern and Central Africa" for more information on the Sokoto Emirate, the biggest Fulani jihad state. it was written by an Irish man who had become a friend of Bello throughout his travels.

A description of the second sultan Muhammed Bello:
"After breakfast the sultan sent for
me ; his residence was at no great distance. In
front of it there is a large quadrangle, into which
several of the principal streets of the city lead. We
passed through three coozees, as guardhouses,
without the least detention, and were immediately
ushered into the presence of Bello, the second sul-
tan of the Felatahs. He was seated on a small car-
pet, between two pillars supporting the roof of a
thatched house, not unlike one of our cottages.
The walls and pillars were painted blue and white, in
the Moorish taste ; and on the back wall was sketched
a fire-screen, ornamented with a coarse painting of
a flower-pot. An arm-chair, with an iron lamp
standing on it, was placed on each side of the
screen... The sultan is a noble-looking man,
forty-four years of age, although much younger
in appearance, five foot ten inches high, portly in
person, with a short curling black beard, a small
mouth, a fine forehead, a Grecian nose, and large
black eyes. He was dressed in a light blue cotton
tobi, with a white muslin turban, the shawl of
which he wore over the nose and mouth in the*
Tuarick fashion."

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 5:17am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Name me a Cushite that even comes close to this...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/mansa-musa-worlds-richest-man-all-time_n_1973840.html

West Africa actually had more civilizations than the horn. So don't even get me started on that. Sahelian states in west Africa were more iconic, powerful, rich and educated than any in the horn. Mali/Songhai Empire easily beats anything horners made. The only thing horners beat those Sahelian Africans in is just architecture, but other than that nothing.

And again STOP claiming the Kushites. They were NILE SAHARAN, always have been and still are!!!

So the guy had gold, cause he was in an area with a lot of minerals, and for being the richest man, how has he changed the world? pathetic.

With that much gold, he did nothing; thats why Cushitic history will always surpass bantu history.

We all know kingdom of Kush was cushitic like their name says, how sad you have to lie about this. Who do you think overtook them: it was Axum that burned Kush down to the ground as it was the same area of land they were fighting over.

If you believe they were milo saharan, than why did they name their kingdom after us: Kush. And how come these people who you call Nilosahran ever produced another kingdom. And where are they today. Cause we all know through language the people in ancient Egypt was cushitic people never nilosahran. Just look at the culture of somalia and ethiopia and how similar it is to ancient egypt
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 5:21am On Oct 27, 2013
BANTUS have no shame claiming Kush, and ancient Egypt. EVERYONE knows that nubians in the south of egypt and northern sudan were the people from ancient egypt, and those people look exactly like cushitic people in somalia and ethiopia who followed the nile river. Bantus always claim everyone like cush, egypt, hebrews, theres no shame any more.

Nubia (Land of Gold): The Kingdom of Kush (a[b]lso called Nubia - the Land of Gold[/b]) was located on the Nile River, to the south of ancient Egypt.

Nubia was also known as the Land of the Bow because their archers were expert and fierce. The army of archers kept the Nubian people safe. It was important for them to be strong. Many kingdoms wanted to control Nubia. Nubia was a land of natural wealth. They had gold mines, ivory, incense, and iron ore.

Unlike Egypt, they were not dependent upon the flooding of the Nile for good soil. They enjoyed tropical rainfall all year long.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 5:29am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

So the guy had gold, cause he was in an area with a lot of minerals, and for being the richest man, how has he changed the world? pathetic.

With that much gold, he did nothing; thats why Cushitic history will always surpass bantu history.

We all know kingdom of Kush was cushitic like their name says, how sad you have to lie about this. Who do you think overtook them: it was Axum that burned Kush down to the ground as it was the same area of land they were fighting over.

If you believe they were milo saharan, than why did they name their kingdom after us: Kush. And how come these people who you call Nilosahran ever produced another kingdom. And where are they today. Cause we all know through language the people in ancient Egypt was cushitic people never nilosahran. Just look at the culture of somalia and ethiopia and how similar it is to ancient egypt
they had christian kingdoms after that dummy. Lol you embarrass yourself with every post. "Around AD 350, the area was invaded by the Kingdom of Aksum and the kingdom collapsed. Eventually, three smaller kingdoms replaced it: northernmost was Nobatia between the first and second cataract of the Nile River, with its capital at Pachoras (modern-day Faras); in the middle was Makuria, with its capital at Old Dongola; and southernmost was Alodia, with its capital at Soba (near Khartoum)."
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 5:34am On Oct 27, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: they had christian kingdoms after that dummy. Lol you embarrass yourself with every post. "Around AD 350, the area was invaded by the Kingdom of Aksum and the kingdom collapsed. Eventually, three smaller kingdoms replaced it: northernmost was Nobatia between the first and second cataract of the Nile River, with its capital at Pachoras (modern-day Faras); in the middle was Makuria, with its capital at Old Dongola; and southernmost was Alodia, with its capital at Soba (near Khartoum)."

You have no shame. Are you seriously saying that the Nubian people who live in southern egypt and northern sudan: are not the people of Nubia. Nubia aka Kush. Even the ancient egyptians said they came from Punt and followed the Nile.

It is well known that all cushitic people came from central ethiopia.

Man you guys make me laugh. Cause the bantus in south sudan have always been slaves and are recent arrivals. Then you will tell me the bantus in somalia were responsible for all the somali history. and the bantus in ethiopia were responsible for Axum, Abyssinia. lmao
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 5:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Am gonna play along here and just ask. If Cushitic people were not the people in Kingdom of Kush: then who were? What language did they speak? Where did they go? And why don't the nilosahrans have the culture of ancient eygpt and Kush? And do you know that Nubia and Kush are used interchanbly?

Please answer as i am here to see a new Afrocentric myth come into existence before my eyes like all the previous ones that have no base for facts: claiming Ancient Egypt, Claiming Kush, Claiming Hebrew Israelites, Claiming Somalis, Eritreans, Ethiopians. It never gets old.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 5:41am On Oct 27, 2013
Just more babbling, nothing to see here from you, clearly.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 5:44am On Oct 27, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: Just more babbling, nothing to see here from you, clearly.

Am asking questions mr. Kush ( you are the people of Kingdom of Kush right? lol).

Perhaps you guys should be demand to be addressed as Cushitic people and reclaim your ancient Past.

Mr. Kush, explain your history to me. Since I have been brain washed to believe Cushitic people ruled in present day north east africa.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 5:49am On Oct 27, 2013
Lol, what a loser. they were nilo saharan. Get over it.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 5:50am On Oct 27, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: Lol, what a loser. they were nilo saharan. Get over it.

you can't make a crazy assertion like that and just give a simple answer like that son. Give me details. Do you see any nilosahrans claiming Nubia and Kush which is the same thing? You don't and that is for a reason.

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 5:53am On Oct 27, 2013
Nigerians are crazy people: literally forcing Nilosahrans(who know they are not cushitic) and telling them they are: so Nigerians can claim Cush for blacks. Amazing to see you hustlers pull this one off right before my eyes.

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 27, 2013
You really can't be this stupid? Oh I forgot...Being stupid is one of your main features. I'll entertain you since I really have nothing to do. Anyways?

Ajuran:

Utterly ridiculous...How the heck is one man suppose to change the world all by himself?? Carlos Slim Helu is currently the richest man in the world with a net worth of about 73 billion. Do you flipping see him changing the world He actually from Mexico, yet Mexico still has poverty problems. Bill Gates is the second richest person. Do you seem him changing the world

I tell you what Mansa Musa did...He made the Sahel region of West Africa not only the richest, but also MOST EDUCATED part of Africa, possible the world. The part of Africa remained that way until the fall of the Songhai Empire. Mansa Musa built the best universities where even non Africans from Europe and the Middle east would go to. He made West Africa a go to place for education. Made Timbuktu iconic. Because of him, West Africa had a MONOPOLY on gold and salt which was IMPORTANT during that time. He basically single handily put Africa on the map, and basically connected West Africa to the Southern Europe and the Middle East. Tell me a Cushite civilization that has done that. Mansa Musa is more known that any Cushite person. He has even been featured in video games like Civilizations.

Ajuran:

1.Actually he did a lot as stated above.
2. West Africans are not Bantu especially Sahelian Africans and Mandinkas. Do west Africans speak a Bantu language? No.
3. Name we a Cushite civilization that comes close to the Mali empire. And west African civilizations are actually older. Wanna bet?

Ajuran:
Again you nitwit for the millionth time, Kush had NOTHING to do with flipping horners/cushites. Cushites is a MODERN/RECENT name! You're the same person that thought the Ethiopians mentioned by the Greeks were modern Ethiopians! No one here is lying, its just that your low IQ which is below 60 doesn't allow you to grasp the simplest of things.

Ajuran:

1. Again the word Cushite is RECENT. They were NOT named after you guys. Kushite wasn't even their real name. That was a name the Ancient Hebrews called them. Nubians had many different names. The Greeks called them Ethiopians, the Romans called them Nubians and the Ancient Egyptians called them many names like Ta-seti, Wawat or Yam. Get a freaking education before you try to even debate me with such foolishness. Those people of Kush are descendants of the same people of Kerma! Who were Nile Saharan.

2. Yes they were Nile Saharan. Obviously since they spoke a Nile Saharan language.

Quote:
''Nubian languages, group of languages spoken in Sudan and southern Egypt, chiefly along the banks of the Nile River (where Nobiin and Kenzi [Kenuzi] are spoken) but also in enclaves in the Nuba Hills of southern Sudan (Hill Nubian) and in Darfur (where Birked [Birgid] and Midob [Midobi] are spoken). These languages are now considered to be a part of the Nilo-Saharan language family.

The name Nuba (or one of its variants) is already attested for Old Egyptian, the language of the Pharaonic period in Egyptian history, where a root nb occurred. Nubai was mentioned as an ethnonym by the ...(100 of 370 words)''

Source:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/421513/Nubian-languages

''Nubian languages'' are Nilo-Saharan, comprehend? This is confirmed fact from ancient days to modern day it is Nilo-Saharan. The people of Kerma spoke a Nubian language (Nilo-Saharan), the people of Kush spoke Nubian and Meortic languages (Nilo-Saharan). Meroe was a city in the Kingdom of Kush not some separate establishment. Both Nubian and Merotic languages fall under Nilo-Saharan.

You can read more about it yourself here:
http://www.meroiticnewsletter.org/MeroNews30c.pdf

3. Nile Saharan type people have been lived on the Nile Valley FAR longer than any Afro Asiatic people. The Nile Saharan language group is actually OLDER than Afro Asiatic. While Afro Asiatic was still developing in the horn, PROTO Afro Asiatic was still developing. lol. So how the heck could people that lived in Northern Sudan/Southern Egypt be Cushite?? Makes no sense.

4. Ancient Egyptians were Cushites like you...They were Afro Asiatic but also Nile Saharan, since Nile Saharan are the oldest group on the Nile valley and are responsible of the creations of Egypt. Nabta Playa is older than Egypt and is where the Ancient Egyptians came from, and those people were Nile Saharan. All recent DNA studies on the Ancient Egyptians point to Nile Saharan. And trust me I have a mountain of proof for that. And saying the Ancient Egyptians spoke a A language is void, they didn't speak Cushite but Egyptian.

4. Wrong. Kushites have more in common with the Ancient Egyptians than horners. Again Horners were NEVER on the Nile. The descendants of Kush are still here...
[img]http://charlespaolino.files./2009/11/nubian-girl-with-henna-tatoos.jpg[/img]

They are now called Nubian and are more closely related to Upper Egyptians than Horners like you. The Culture of Kush was DISTANT from Cushites, but more similar to the Ancient Egyptians. I do not have to spell this out for you.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 5:54am On Oct 27, 2013
What language group are nubian languages listed under? A nubian person on here even said they have nothing to do with cushitic people, he spoke directly to you.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 5:56am On Oct 27, 2013
Amazing. So Nubians are more relate to Arabs than Cushitic people> And you say Cush is recent name given to us. WOW

CAUSE....

The name given this civilization comes from the Old Testament where Cush was one of the sons of Ham who settled in Northeast Africa. In the Bible and archaically a large region covering[b] northern Sudan, southern Egypt, and parts of Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Somalia[/b] were known as Cush. The Bible refers to Cush on a number of occasions. Some contend that this Cush was in southern Arabia. The Biblical description of the Garden of Eden refers in the Hebrew to the land of Cush, usually translated as Ethiopia; "And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. And the name of the third river is Hiddekel [Tigris]: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates" (Genesis 2:10-14). Some scholars identify the river Nile with the Biblical Gihon in this reference.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 5:59am On Oct 27, 2013
The term "Ethiopia" was first used by Ancient Greek writers in reference to the east-central African kingdom that they believed to be not only culturally and ethnically linked to ancient "Egypt" (Kemet), but the source of such civilization as well. Contrary to popular belief, the term was not exclusive to the landlocked modern country of Ethiopia. According to early Greek writers, Ethiopia was an empire originally situated between Ta-Seti in Lower Kemet and the confluence of the White and Blue Niles. Centuries later, however, the name became synonymous with a much larger region that included the present-day countries of Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia.

Ethiopia is the English transliteration of the Greek word "Αιθιοπα" (or Aithiopia) which originates from the Greek word "Αιθιοψ" or "aithiops" which literally means "charred or burnt." "Aithiops" is in fact composed of "αιθιω" (meaning "I burn") and "ωψ" (meaning face or complexion).

Prior to Greek history, Ethiopia was known as "Kush" by the ancient "Egyptians." The Buhen stela (housed in the Florence Museum), which dates from the reign of Sety I (1294-1279 BC), refers to this region as "Kas" and "Kash." Kush is also mentioned as "KSH" in other texts dated between 1550 - 1069 BC.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 27, 2013
@Ajuran
[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1381328_Screen_Shot_2013-10-27_at_12_51_48_AM_png4f4f8f81324fa37b8cd8f78788504cf5[/img]

What the heck Do you even know what you're even posting There is no such thing as Kushitic language, he mostly mean Cushitic language. Why? Because the Kushites(who you so badly try to claim) never spoke a language called Meroitic, which again is Nile Saharan. I even told you to read this.

^^^There they explain the connections of the modern Nubian language and Merotic.

Stop with the nonsense. Theres nothing you can do. Again All ''Nubian languages'' are Nilo-Saharan.

Kingdom of Kerma 2500 BC – 1500 BC
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian

Kingdom of Kush 1070 BC – 350 AD
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Meroitic
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Northern > Old Nubian

Kingdom of Makuria 340 AD - 1312 AD

Kingdom of Nobatia 350 AD – 650 AD

Kingdom of Alodia 600s AD - 1504 AD

Modern day Nubian speakers include:

1 million+ North Sudanese
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Dongolawi

1 million Southern Egypt & North Sudan
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Nobiin

100,000 North Sudanese
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Midob

100,000 North Sudanese
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Birgid

100,000 North Sudanese
Nilo-Saharan > Eastern Sudanic > Astaboran > Nubian > Hill Nubian

And LMAO where is this from? Why didn't you link us a link to where it was originally from?
[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1381327_Screen_Shot_2013-10-27_at_12_49_42_AM_pngaa45bb14730d4d7fc9d843d90f828ecf[/img]

Modern day Kushites in Kenya? majority of them live in Ethiopia? What Modern day kushites are Nubians and mostly like in Sudan and Upper Egypt, that link is pseudo-historic, probably from some pro horner site.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:11am On Oct 27, 2013
kush or cushitic is the same thing. Cushitic (kushitic) languages are Somali, Afar, Oromo, Beja.

what are you talking about. I wish there were NILOSAHRAN people here who would tell you how embarrassing your making them look by claiming for them something they are not.

Even Cushitic people talk about their recent history as old history was non Islamic. The word Cush came from The son of Ham. Kush and Nubia are interchanble.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:11am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold: @Ajuran
[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1381328_Screen_Shot_2013-10-27_at_12_51_48_AM_png4f4f8f81324fa37b8cd8f78788504cf5[/img]

What the heck Do you even know what you're even posting There is no such thing as Kushitic language, he mostly mean Cushitic language. Why? Because the Kushites(who you so badly try to claim) never spoke a language called Meroitic, which again is Nile Saharan. I even told you to read this.

^^^There they explain the connections of the modern Nubian language and Merotic.

Stop with the nonsense. Theres nothing you can do. Again All ''Nubian languages'' are Nilo-Saharan.

100,000 North Sudanese

100,000 North Sudanese

100,000 North Sudanese

And LMAO where is this from? Why didn't you link us a link to where it was originally from?
[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1381327_Screen_Shot_2013-10-27_at_12_49_42_AM_pngaa45bb14730d4d7fc9d843d90f828ecf[/img]

Modern day Kushites in Kenya? majority of them live in Ethiopia? What Modern day kushites are Nubians and mostly like in Sudan and Upper Egypt, that link is pseudo-historic, probably from some pro horner site.

There are 3 million Kushitic people in Kenya: They are called Somali. And they have lived in the desert of Northern Kenya for hundreds of years where they live as Nomads.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:12am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold: @Ajuran

100,000 North Sudanese

100,000 North Sudanese

100,000 North Sudanese

This was taken from enclopedia. Why are you claiming Nilosahrans who have been slaves for KUSH, when everyone knows Kush was Nubia who are the nubians who live in Southern egypt and northern sudan who look like Somali/ethiopians.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 6:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Lol, this guy is gone.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran/Somalia9 thinks because certain past group had a similar name to a modern group like Horners, that Horners must be related/descendant from that group. If we go by his simple logic, then modern Ghanaian are related to the Ghanaian of the Ghana Empire. shocked shocked shocked

Even if those Ghanaian of the Ghana Empire were not Ashanti/Akan but Sonnike.

This guy is weird.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:15am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold: Ajuran/Somalia9 thinks because certain past group had a similar name to a modern group like Horners, that Horners must be related/descendant from that group. If we go by his simple logic, then modern Ghanaian are related to the Ghanaian of the Ghana Empire. shocked shocked shocked

Even if those Ghanaian of the Ghana Empire were not Ashanti/Akan but Sonnike.

This guy is weird.

Dude the ancient Egyptians said themselves they came from Punt and traveled there. You know no history. Did you know EGYPT occupied Somalia for several decades in the 1800's? Or that Egypt and Abyssinia had several wars? Or that the same gods worshipped by Somalis were worshiped by Anceint Egyptians. There are cities in Somalia called Cabduwaq, Ceelwaq after Waq.

You are making yourself look like a joke. Everyone knows that ancient egyptians followed the Nile from ethiopia up to egypt.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran: kush or cushitic is the same thing. Cushitic (kushitic) languages are Somali, Afar, Oromo, Beja.

what are you talking about. I wish there were NILOSAHRAN people here who would tell you how embarrassing your making them look by claiming for them something they are not.

Even Cushitic people talk about their recent history as old history was non Islamic. The word Cush came from The son of Ham. Kush and Nubia are interchanble.

No there not. Kush is a name the Hebrews called Nubian it has no correlated with the word Cushite with a C.

I wish there was a Nubian who told you how moronic you are. Oh wait didn't that happen before? IIRC.

Heck Nubian people STILL practice traditional custom originally practiced by those of Kush. Stop claiming just because you have an inferiority complex.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Seriously am entertaining this. But we all know that Axum burned Kush to the ground. And those people had the same culture. Why a nigerian is discussing this I will never know.

But to say that Cushitic people got their name recently when everyone knows they were called Cush for over a thousand years ago: is just sad.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:19am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold:

No there not. Kush is a name the Hebrews called Nubian it has no correlated with the word Cushite with a C.

I wish there was a Nubian who told you how moronic you are. Oh wait didn't that happen before? IIRC.

Heck Nubian people STILL practice traditional custom originally practiced by those of Kush. Stop claiming just because you have an inferiority complex.

Your theory slays itself. All I have to do is ask questions to make you look like a fool.

So who were the people in Kingdom of Kush? And where do Nubians fit in your story? lol
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

This was taken from enclopedia. Why are you claiming Nilosahrans who have been slaves for KUSH, when everyone knows Kush was Nubia who are the nubians who live in Southern egypt and northern sudan who look like Somali/ethiopians.

1. What enclopedia
2. Thanks for killing your own argument. smiley Because thats what I've been saying for a long time. Yes EVERYONE(excluding you) knows Kush was Nubia and the Nubians are obviously ancestors of Kush. But guess what? What language do Nubians speak? Oh thats right Nile Saharan.

Quote:
''Nubian languages, group of languages spoken in Sudan and southern Egypt, chiefly along the banks of the Nile River (where Nobiin and Kenzi [Kenuzi] are spoken) but also in enclaves in the Nuba Hills of southern Sudan (Hill Nubian) and in Darfur (where Birked [Birgid] and Midob [Midobi] are spoken). These languages are now considered to be a part of the Nilo-Saharan language family.

The name Nuba (or one of its variants) is already attested for Old Egyptian, the language of the Pharaonic period in Egyptian history, where a root nb occurred. Nubai was mentioned as an ethnonym by the ...(100 of 370 words)''

Source:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/421513/Nubian-languages

HA!
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:23am On Oct 27, 2013
Please give me your theories am Interested. These are my questions. Please try to work together to make sense. I know each of you have your own afrocentric theories.

1. Where are the people from Kingdom of Kush?

2. Who were the people of Kingdom of Kush?

3. Why did they never create another kingdom, and Why did cushitic people create more Kindoms Like Ajuraan, Axum, Abyssinia, Ethiopia?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16)

2 Groups Of Masquerades Seen Fighting Dirty Over An Undisclosed Issue (vid) / Traditionalists Lay Curses On People Insulting Oba Of Benin On Social Media(pics / Ekiti: 3 Killed, Oba Bobade Adeleke Chased Out Over Ogun Festival (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.