Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,378 members, 7,808,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells (45087 Views)

Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / Engineered Stem Cells Kill HIV Infected Cells In A Living Organism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MeAboki(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
deleted
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by dungdusugyang(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

That's all it takes.
Basically.

1 Like

Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MeAboki(m): 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
nagoma:

Thanks for the explanation. I suppose cyclopirox cannot be used as a microbicide for Pre-exposure prophylaxis or even in post exposure prophylaxis since it's mechanism of action is necessarily intracellur - blocking viral gene expression and inhibition of mitochondrial function in an infected cell? Which means , for it to be useful we must wait for the approval for systemic application.

The article suggested it has potential for use as pre -exposure prophylaxis, where it said: " The utility of Ciclopirox in patients with HIV, for instance after topical application to reduce intimate transmission of the virus, awaits verification in future clinical trials"
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
Abeg! Does we have any Doctor (Nativegrin) in d house wey fit break all dis other Dokitas mechele-mechele pschopatik lab grammar down? so dat I gor fit understand d disscussion wey dey go on hia.
Thaahk u as u do dat cool
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by Sormeh: 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
Billyonaire: Common sense will tell you that any antibiotic is anti-fungal and anti-viral. Now, apologize for misleading this great forum with half-baked knowledge.
Why are you always so harsh in ur responses?

1 Like

Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by emmastuffs(m): 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
If not for Oyibo pipo,Africa as a continent would have been wiped out cux of sickness and diseases.......am sure very soon this HIV drug will be like panadol extra.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MrTroll(m): 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
nagoma:

Thanks for the explanation. I suppose cyclopirox cannot be used as a microbicide for Pre-exposure prophylaxis or even in post exposure prophylaxis since it's mechanism of action is necessarily intracellur - blocking viral gene expression and inhibition of mitochondrial function in an infected cell? Which means , for it to be useful we must wait for the approval for systemic application.
@bold is the only thing closely related to what he told you. the rest is just unnecessary famzing. tongue
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by emmanuel4fire: 11:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
Me_Aboki:

The article suggested it has potential for use as pre -exposure prophylaxis, where it said: " The utility of Ciclopirox in patients with HIV, for instance after topical application to reduce intimate transmission of the virus, awaits verification in future clinical trials"
The suggestions as quoted may be right, but I think their discovery should embrace more on it's systemic formulation such as intradermal, intravenous, intramuscular and possible oral formulation. More studies should be done to isolate a compound with a closer chemical structure and/or mechanism of action. The prophylatic prediction of the aforementioned drug on trial will be of more value once it's systemic trials proofs successful. I believe H.I.V. will soon be a thing of the past just like malaria. See where our government suppose make money. Oh! Africa.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Sorry, the infected cells do not keep living and multiplying, check the word suicide in the article, its the clue.

Lol! People do not even read at all but are in chase to sound bright. Did you even try to read what he wrote, at all? Or you just cought the last paragraph? undecided
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by Raymond405: 11:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
metronidazole is only an anti infective [an antibacterial and. anti protozoa ]and never an anti viral please.
this is a consultant pharmacologists speaking
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by Raymond405: 11:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
metronidazole is only an anti infective [an antibacterial and. anti protozoa ]and never an anti viral please.
this is a consultant pharmacologists speaking kiss
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
AIDS has no cure, Be warned!!!
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
Michael Sokoto: Abeg! Does we have any Doctor (Nativegrin) in d house wey fit break all dis other Dokitas mechele-mechele pschopatik lab grammar down? so dat I gor fit understand d disscussion wey dey go on hia.
Thaahk u as u do dat cool
Does we have.......grammatical blunder. I think u should go back 2 primary school
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MeAboki(m): 11:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
BluIvy:

Lol! People do not even read at all but are in chase to sound bright. Did you even try to read what he wrote, at all? Or you just cought the last paragraph? undecided

Feel free to point out my folly, after all nobody here is claiming monopoly of knowledge, pls indulge me a little.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by yelnatsuno(m): 11:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
These are people using their heads, our so called intellectuals are fooling themselves here collecting research grants and using it to buy cars. One dude claimed he had found the cure to HiV, only to be dissociated from by his University ;DThese are people using their heads, our so called intellectuals are fooling themselves here collecting research grants and using it to buy cars. One dude claimed he had found the cure to HiV, only to be dissociated from by his University
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by mrperfect(m): 12:00am On Oct 22, 2013
Well this is a welcome development.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by simontosy(m): 12:11am On Oct 22, 2013
Ciclopirox has been found to permanently eradicate HIV in cell cultures. It is hoped that it may do the same in the human body, although trials are yet to begin.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by telim: 12:14am On Oct 22, 2013
Dr abalaka used these drug to cure hiv. Although the drug was not sucessful in all cases and abalaka also lack theoretical explanations for the drugs.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MeAboki(m): 12:14am On Oct 22, 2013
emmanuel4fire:
The suggestions as quoted may be right, but I think their discovery should embrace more on it's systemic formulation such intradermal, intravenous, intramuscular and possible oral formulation. More studies should be done to isolate a compound with a closer chemical structure and/mechanism of action. The prophylatic prediction of the aforementioned drug on trial will be of more value once it's systemic trials proofs successful. I believe H.I.V. will soon be a thing of the past just like malaria. See where our government suppose make money. Oh! Africa.

Of course thats the way forward; but for now since the drug is already available as a topical application its immediate potential utility as an anti HIV agent is as a PEP, without the need for all the long processes of preclinical and straight to human trials. Your suggestion for exploring other routes of administration is on point and I agree thats where it will make its greatest impact - the potential is there and quite plausible and very promising indeed.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by telim: 12:20am On Oct 22, 2013
In2systems_Tech: When Dr.. What is his name again, discovered this in Nigeria.. They said it was a lie..
is dr abalaka of kogi state

1 Like

Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MeAboki(m): 12:34am On Oct 22, 2013
^^^^ YES

telim: Dr abalaka used these drug to cure hiv. Although the drug was not sucessful in all cases and abalaka also lack theoretical explanations for the drugs.

Dr Abalaka did not agree to let his alleged findings be scrutinized under standard scientific methods of verification; instead he chose to cloud his findings in secrecy under the guise of protecting his discovery; though he had the option of patenting but chose otherwise and faded away rather quietly.
IMO, he was a fraud and exploited gullible Nigerians through aggressive marketing while it lasted.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 22, 2013
But although these drugs are highly effective at keeping HIV at bay, they must be taken for the life of the patient and never eliminate the infection completely.

of course there is a "BUT" and all that means is that this is another way for the pharmaceutical companies to get more cash. tongue The good thing though is that there is something to help those suffering from the virus.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 22, 2013
emmastuffs: If not for Oyibo pipo,Africa as a continent would have been wiped out cux of sickness and diseases.......am sure very soon this HIV drug will be like panadol extra.

smh.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 22, 2013
Mr Troll: I bet the divine intervention is waiting for the research to manifest. Hehehehehehe

oh lord he we go. grin
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MaziOmenuko: 1:22am On Oct 22, 2013
nagoma:

Thanks for the explanation. I suppose[b]cyclopirox[/b] cannot be used as a[b]microbicide[/b] for Pre-exposure prophylaxis or even in post exposure prophylaxis since it's mechanism of action is necessarily intracellur - blocking viral gene expression and inhibition of mitochondrial function in an infected cell? Which means , for it to be useful we must wait for the approval for systemic application.

Damn! Do you guys speak english?
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by dollarlander: 4:19am On Oct 22, 2013
Even gamaline 20 can treat HIV. Give it a trial on an HIV/AIDS patient that is about to die, if he/she does not recover fully withdraw my licence.
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:30am On Oct 22, 2013
profjustine: Does we have.......grammatical blunder. I think u should go back 2 primary school
Aaaaah! shocked
Nah only me u see 2 pick on 4 hia? Abeg gor engage ya fellow learned dokitas 4 scientific grammar hullaboola jOor, agbaya angry
Thaahk u grin
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:37am On Oct 22, 2013
dollarlander: Even gamaline 20 can treat HIV. Give it a trial on an HIV/AIDS patient that is about to die, if he/she does not recover fully withdraw my licence.
Drivers licence? grin
Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by MeAndYou(m): 5:21am On Oct 22, 2013
Welcome development, but not alternative to prevention anyway.
Some HIV cases have spiritual backup, so only God is the ultimate cure!

1 Like

Re: Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells by sainty2k3(m): 6:32am On Oct 22, 2013
Sormeh:
Why are you always so harsh in ur responses?
[quote author=Sormeh]

Don't mind billyonaire or wetin he call himself, he just had anoda episode of PDI (public display of ignorance). Cos in medical practice most times wen we say Antibiotics we actually mean antibacterial .and we usually make reference to other groups by the class of organism they fight ; antiviral, anti fungal, amoebicidal etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery / Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri / Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.