Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! (4348 Views)

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! / Sad Stories From A Depressed Writer / Translate From English To Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by Jibsonified(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2013
Well I had to graduate the nostalgic feeling from Primary to Secondary...

In my own time from JSS1 to JSS3 Intensive English rocked... I can remember the story of Sango's wives Osun and Oya.. I guess it's Oya that cooked her ears So as to copy Osun's delicious food of mushroom... Sango got angry and he transformed to lightining while His wives transformed to river and they keep fighting even till today!!...

But from SS1- SS3 English Project came with one kain swag ... I remembered d story of d 419 Hare who took advantage of the ignorance of the other animals...

Let's keep d Nostalgia going by posting ur most memorable stories!!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by spenca: 7:29am On Oct 21, 2013
Agbo goes to king college
Re: Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by BukkyDan(f): 7:38am On Oct 21, 2013
Jibsonified: Well I had to graduate the nostalgic feeling from Primary to Secondary...

In my own time from JSS1 to JSS3 Intensive English rocked... I can remember the story of Sango's wives Osun and Oya.. I guess it's Oya that cooked her ears So as to copy Osun's delicious food of mushroom... Sango got angry and he transformed to lightining while His wives transformed to river and they keep fighting even till today!!...

But from SS1- SS3 English Project came with one kain swag ... I remembered d story of d 419 Hare who took advantage of the ignorance of the other animals...

Let's keep d Nostalgia going by posting ur most memorable stories!!!!! cheesy cheesy

lol @ Sango's wives, I concluded that Osun was wicked then, how could she be that cruel...lol

the tortoise story at the market place, I think that should be Intensive English book one.

Used Intensive English till SSS3 though...
The African child..# I remember reading it till 3am#

lol...brb
Re: Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by econome(m): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2013
Which secondary school do Ali and Simbi went to?
Re: Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by SHAAWA: 8:13am On Oct 21, 2013
The palm oil daughter and the woman who tamed the lion comes to mind.
The 3 gypsies song
3 gypsies stood at the castle gate,
they sang so high, they sang so low,
the lady sat at her chamber late
her heart is melted away like snow
they so sweet they sang so high
so fast her tears began to flow
so she laid down her silk gown ,her golden ring and one other stuff

she plucked off her high heeled shoe, made of spanish leather o
she went down the street on her bare bare feet......over to u guys
Re: Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by carzola(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2013
The 70 virgins.
oluwa is involve.
the 3 thives.
do me i do u.
the return of sibi.
olu and the keke.
the villiage boy.
okon lagos.
Re: Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 21, 2013
The law is an a*s is a funny n silly story.

Ur neighbors banana tree with ripe fruits r hanging in ur compound. U r not allowed to cut d fruits cos they don't belong to u buh u own d space in ur compound n above it..making u able to cut the banana. U should sweep d plantain leaves cos they dirty ur compound.

The law is really an a*s n lawyers r ********.
Re: Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by spenca: 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
econome: Which secondary school do Ali and Simbi went to?

This is why ASUU shuld strike
Re: Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by Ndipe(m): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2019
Yeah the quarrel between the two cowives and the transformation of the husband into to lightning. Osun was the third and favorite wife because her meals were delicious. Oya was the second wife who was jealous of Osun while the first wife (cant recall her name) was at peace with the Osun. Osun and Oya transformed into two rivers and whenever there was turbulence, people interpreted it as the continuous fight of the two cowives. It almost sounded believable.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! by Happiness98(f): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
Yeah, what of the Eyo story and another story of a woman that was rejected and mocked in a village, i could remember the song ' let it rain, let it rain. let it rain again and again, flood their city flood their town'....and also the woman that milked the lion...those pics always got me hooked to stories.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[teachers Day Dp]™ Happy Teachers Day 2016 Dp, Hd Images, Profile Pic For Fb Cov / Impregnate Me Or I Die (episode 9) / Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.