Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route (13422 Views)

Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm / Canal Being Blocked In Agungi, Lekki. / Dead Traffic-Lights & Blocked Drainage In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by sweetgala(m): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2013
king of pool: If govnt is not doin any tin to bring development y'all ll be shout incompedency nd dey rest or is it because dey re been asked to go east

You fail to get the gist, and I doubt you are a successful business man.
You have to evaluate you product placement, and the demand and movement of commerce.

Let's ask the question what is the destination of a Qatar flight that originates in any part of Nigeria? Multiple destinations is the answer with stop-overs possibly(increasing the number of destinations)

You can not force a commercial airline who are in business to make profit to fly a jumbo jet to a destination where they would not be able to fill up the seats. They'll suddenly have low demand and high capacity, and then reverse in the other destination of choice.

What the aviation ministry need to do is enable qatar airlines team up with a local airline who would ferry Enugu passengers to kano airport and back.

2 Likes

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by Burger01(m): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2013
king of pool: To proof dey re not up to som tin.......hw many passengers re dey transportin from kano....do u tink dat kano have more passenger to be transported dan enugu? wia almost all easterner's re international business men

With this your grammar I can believe they're up to something.. Kai!!! This is serious.

sad

1 Like

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by Slizbeat(m): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2013
Well, this is what I have to say....

It is a good move in the right direction. They can't keep operating in Kano and Lagos and Abuja only. Divert some to Benin(make it an international), Asaba, Owerri e.t.c.

We should stop this monopolistic attitude of ours in this country and that's the more reason why people keep leaving the SS/SE to base elsewhere and do business. We all know and can attest to the fact that over 25-40% of international business people are from those region and are only pushed to base in Lagos, abuja and Kano due to lack of this kinda development.

Tell me why an oil company that drills oil in the south south will be having its headquarters in lagos?? Is that a business strategy or monopoly by the host?? Why are the ports in those regions not functional?? Why must goods get to lagos first and then transported by heavy trucks down to that region where the Ship can easily stop there before proceeding to lagos??

Why has there not been an East-West railway system to transport the goods if need be that only lagos port should be operational??

Lets tell ourselves the truth and stop this sentimentality that we have.

In as much as the ministry is overreacting to me, they(Qatar airways) should consider sparing atleast 15 out of the 49 landing permit they need to these regions(Enugu and Port), ehile the ministry grants them 20 to kano and abuja and the the remaining 14 to lagos(Atleast lagos traffic will reduce from its current 19 or so to 14)

5 Likes

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by saintkash(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2013
king of pool: Since its dey centre of commerce cant govnt push development by wat dey did to oda regions dat re still strugglin to stand back on dia feet....

it's not a matter of government but qatar airline are here for business, like i said earlier, every business person will trade where he/she will make returns @ a maximal... Let's take dangote for instance, he is from kano state but most of his establishment r not in kano thats cos he made his feasibility studies very well n found out whre he would maximise profit(putin some many bisness factors into consideration).. Aviation minister should grant qatar airline d mandate to fly its choosen state, and probably force either enugu or port to it route rather than denying them thier choice of route n imposing on them route that will not be as profitable to them like thier prefered route.. My opinion

2 Likes

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by sweetgala(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2013
cherriex:
Just say it up and clear they resent christians cos the last I checked there are no jews in nigeria(talkin abt majority,incase there's any),but then why the sentiment?Orrrr u want them to bring more arms into the country? Yes kano its a bussiness center but the I doubt their motives,even if they will approve then they hv to be closely watched.

Are you serious ! Are we that insecure in Nigeria. Any arms dealer can bring weapons in through kano or Enugu all the same as corruption is rife equally in all parts of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by sweetgala(m): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2013
Slizbeat: Well, this is what I have to say....

It is a good move in the right direction. They can't keep operating in Kano and Lagos and Abuja only. Divert some to Benin(make it an international), Asaba, Owerri e.t.c.

We should stop this monopolistic attitude of ours in this country and that's the more reason why people keep leaving the SS/SE to base elsewhere and do business. We all know and can attest to the fact that over 25-40% of international business people are from those region and are only pushed to base in Lagos, abuja and Kano due to lack of this kinda development.

Tell me why an oil company that drills oil in the south south will be having its headquarters in lagos?? Is that a business strategy or monopoly by the host?? Why are the ports in those regions not functional?? Why must goods get to lagos first and then transported by heavy trucks down to that region where the Ship can easily stop there before proceeding to lagos??

Why has there not been an East-West railway system to transport the goods if need be that only lagos port should be operational??

Lets tell ourselves the truth and stop this sentimentality that we have.

In as much as the ministry is overreacting to me, they(Qatar airways) should consider sparing atleast 15 out of the 49 landing permit they need to these regions(Enugu and Port), ehile the ministry grants them 20 to kano and abuja and the the remaining 14 to lagos(Atleast lagos traffic will reduce from its current 19 or so to 14)

Reasonable assement. But also remember population density has an effect on trade and commerce. Those international business men and women understand the ideas of more people to sell their goods and services to in those choice location and that's why they base there.

Secondly insecurity in the SS is why the oil companies base their head office in Lagos. I'm sure they operate regional offices also.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by frankyychiji(f): 10:06am On Oct 21, 2013
Hamazz1: The vogue in this country is that people don't get fired for in competence negligence or corruption frank mba survived it Deizani Alison madueke survived it so am certain Ms Stella oduah will survive it to pls try not to miss the Ms prefix in her name.
now am a little lost here. What with Frank Mba? Is he not d police parrot?
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by danny301: 10:07am On Oct 21, 2013
king of pool: I dnt thread words wit buffon's, senseless idiot,born by mistake,reject after birth,i for siad y ur damn miserable mama always shout dat her god hates her so much by givin her an old corrogated fool like u.....idiota, abashed sperm dnt eva quote me again...

If i quote a mentally derailed and intellectually bankrupt fool like you, you should be thanking your god because you are are less than someone i should quote in the first place...Semi illiterate and 'worthless junk' like you... You better go and work on your very poor grammar instead of rushing out every other time to exhibit your idiosyncrasy ... Ethnic bigots like you will never see anything good in other parts of the country... You belittle people and talk them down with so much arrogance just because they are northerners but you refuse to talk about your terribly bad malfeasance home and abroad that has made Nigeria, as a nation a 'malignant' in the eyes of the whole world today... As a disclaimer; i am not from Kano neither am i a Muslim, but to say the least, i dislike people like you who talk as if every other person except your 'useless self' is worthless even when in the real sense of things, you are below average in all ramifications of life... If you are not a big fool, tell me, what has 'Confab' or whatever got to do with the topic...
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by kingofpool: 10:07am On Oct 21, 2013
saint kash:

it's not a matter of government but qatar airline are here for business, like i said earlier, every business person will trade where he/she will make returns @ a maximal... Let's take dangote for instance, he is from kano state but most of his establishment r not in kano thats cos he made his feasibility studies very well n found out whre he would maximise profit(putin some many bisness factors into consideration).. Aviation minister should grant qatar airline d mandate to fly its choosen state, and probably force either enugu or port to it route rather than denying them thier choice of route n imposing on them route that will not be as profitable to them like thier prefered route.. My opinion
My dear i get wia u re headin to
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by Novice1(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2013
This witch of a minister is a bull in china shop in the aviation industry. It will take years to undo the damage she made when Nigerians get rid of her.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by whitecat007: 10:10am On Oct 21, 2013
As we can all see now, no way Ethiopian airline went east on their own will, it was the same blackmail that is playing out here, it's just that an Arab company refused to take it lying down, reason we are hearing about it. No way they could have asked for that route, watch them stop plying there soon or reduce to a once a month flight to please madam aviator except Oduah is going to keep their bottom line afloat herself with some of her loot
king of pool: Lol ethiopian airline demanded for east route demsefx......nobody pushed dem....u said wen nijeria breakx up abi nd not now nijeria is still one......ask ur masters y dey did not let igbos go dia own way nd by nw we wud have knwn if dey igbos ll be complainin
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by Slizbeat(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2013
sweet_gala:

Reasonable assement. But also remember population density has an effect on trade and commerce. Those international business men and women understand the ideas of more people to sell their goods and services to in those choice location and that's why they base there.

Secondly insecurity in the SS is why the oil companies base their head office in Lagos. I'm sure they operate regional offices also.

As much as I agree with you, I want you to also know that the more they keep on operating in Kano, abuja and lagos due to the population density, the more the insecurity in those region(SE/SS) keeps increasing and the more people migrate due to neglect in the region. E.g, I cannot be working in a company where i am not even paid and still remain there or I cannot continue living in an apartment were the landlord doesn't care if I his tenant has water(Borehole to say the least) and I continue staying and paying. The government needs to reshape this country with their hands.

4 Likes

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by kingofpool: 10:19am On Oct 21, 2013
danny301:

If i quote a mentally derailed and intellectually bankrupt fool like you, you should be thanking your god because you are are less than someone i should quote in the first place...Semi illiterate and 'worthless junk' like you... You better go and work on your very poor grammar instead of rushing out every other time to exhibit your idiosyncrasy ... Ethnic bigots like you will never see anything good in other parts of the country... You belittle people and talk them down with so much arrogance just because they are northerners but you refuse to talk about your terribly bad malfeasance home and abroad that has made Nigeria, as a nation a 'malignant' in the eyes of the whole world today... As a disclaimer; i am not from Kano neither am i a Muslim, but to say the least, i dislike people like you who talk as if every other person except your 'useless self' is worthless even when in the real sense of things, you are below average in all ramifications of life... If you are not a big fool, tell me, what has 'Confab' or whatever got to do with the topic...
i refuse to ply more words wit u.....but if u want more i ll be everly ready........in ur senseless tinkin nd knw it all brain of a slow poke like u, that wanna do e-fightin wit me for givin my own opinion nd in ur tinkin dat ur useless tribe,oil soup eaters and cannibalist, backward ethnic region tink dey re better dan dey igbo....hahahahaha i laugh at ur stupidity.....and urge u to tink twice.....stop quotin me....am just sparin u cos i dnt want my father to reject me like ur did to u for exchangin words wit an ungr8ful idiot lik u........i knw ur father tried not to let dey sperm dat gave raise to u not to enter ur mama womb but his alcoholic brain made him to make a mistake dat brought u fool,rejected slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by whitecat007: 10:32am On Oct 21, 2013
He doesn't believe that, he's just serving some hot hogwash to see how many people take a sip
sweet_gala:

Are you serious ! Are we that insecure in Nigeria. Any arms dealer can bring weapons in through kano or Enugu all the same as corruption is rife equally in all parts of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by whitecat007: 10:33am On Oct 21, 2013
He doesn't believe that himself, he's just serving some hot hogwash to see how many people take a sip
sweet_gala:

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by AZeD1(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2013
The situation is dicey. Qatar airways are a business entity while the ministry is a government entity. The should find a middle ground.

In my Opinion, let them take either Kano or Abuja then they will get their request if they service PH or Enugu.
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by airmark(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2013
Its now obvious that oduah is a selfish tribalist. When this minister is relieved of her undeserved post, many skeletons will be revealed in her cupboard.
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by Freezeman: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2013
dridowu: so because most easterner are international business does dat mean dat dy shd direct them to enugu or are northerners not international business men also ?

Btw why is it that enugu airport is bringing so much uproar since there is port harcourt airport as alternative or isn't a form of discremination from pple of that region.

2 Likes

Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by KKImoh: 11:02am On Oct 21, 2013
king of pool: Lol ethiopian airline demanded for east route demsefx......nobody pushed dem....u said wen nijeria breakx up abi nd not now nijeria is still one......ask ur masters y dey did not let igbos go dia own way nd by nw we wud have knwn if dey igbos ll be complainin
dnt mynd d idiot, he dsnt knw that there are more airports in the north than in the south, kano airport isnt dat bubblin lyk dat of ph or enugu or abuja. we must admit dat all section of d country must hav a fair share of internation airport
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by Kairoseki77: 11:17am On Oct 21, 2013
So Stella Oduah is a tribalist as well as a thief.

Imagine telling a whole international airline that they cannot operate in Nigeria unless they fly to Enugu.
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by Thetruthsayer: 11:21am On Oct 21, 2013
I knw d reason for doing this. Nigerian govt want to make north local, so dat south will b developing while north will be dedeveloping......... ANYHOW SHA, GOD DAE grin cool
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by danny301: 11:34am On Oct 21, 2013
king of pool: i refuse to ply more words wit u.....but if u want more i ll be everly ready........in ur senseless tinkin nd knw it all brain of a slow poke like u, that wanna do e-fightin wit me for givin my own opinion nd in ur tinkin dat ur useless tribe,oil soup eaters and cannibalist, backward ethnic region tink dey re better dan dey igbo....hahahahaha i laugh at ur stupidity.....and urge u to tink twice.....stop quotin me....am just sparin u cos i dnt want my father to reject me like ur did to u for exchangin words wit an ungr8ful idiot lik u........i knw ur father tried not to let dey sperm dat gave raise to u not to enter ur mama womb but his alcoholic brain made him to make a mistake dat brought u fool,rejected slowpoke

Very childish, incoherent nonsensical, wanton and foolish in reasoning... I can see that your lascivious mind is only looking for an avenue to express the lust that has engulfed your dirty life...The fact that all you talk about is 'sperm' 'enter your mother' etc, in a place like this tells how unrefined and boorish you are... You better go and seek for help on how to come out of your wantonness before you eventually sleep with your mother (if you not done already), who together with your father failed to teach you morals... Talking about your father rejecting you; if your father has not rejected you by now, it means he (your father) himself is 'something' that needs to be rejected because no noble parent can put with a wanton, salacious and drug-addict like you... Perhaps, you haven't realize that we are not in the same class (because i can see that your IQ, is too low for any exercise that requires the use of brain). I decided to come down to your level and speak some senses into your preposterous skull, because i felt somebody has give attention to your over-bearing foolishness which your failed parents could not curb, and tell you without mincing words, that you are a FOOL, because the fool who knows that he is fool exercises some restrain but the fool who fails to know that he is a fool (as in your case) is a problem even to innocent persons.
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by sweetgala(m): 11:44am On Oct 21, 2013
K.K Imoh:

dnt mynd d idiot, he dsnt knw that there are more airports in the north than in the south, kano airport isnt dat bubblin lyk dat of ph or enugu or abuja. we must admit dat all section of d country must hav a fair share of internation airport

Yes a fair share of international airports, however remember that air travel is a business and if FG wants to extend a network country wide the demand need be provided to make it profitable for the airlines , they need to enable them through concessions.
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by kingofpool: 11:47am On Oct 21, 2013
danny301:

Very childish, incoherent nonsensical, wanton and foolish in reasoning... I can see that your lascivious mind is only looking for an avenue to express the lust that has engulfed your dirty life...The fact that all you talk about is 'sperm' 'enter your mother' etc, in a place like this tells how unrefined and boorish you are... You better go and seek for help on how to come out of your wantonness before you eventually sleep with your mother (if you not done already), who together with your father failed to teach you morals... Talking about your father rejecting you; if your father has not rejected you by now, it means he (your father) himself is 'something' that needs to be rejected because no noble parent can put with a wanton, salacious and drug-addict like you... Perhaps, you haven't realize that we are not in the same class (because i can see that your IQ, is too low for any exercise that requires the use of brain). I decided to come down to your level and speak some senses into your preposterous skull, because i felt somebody has give attention to your over-bearing foolishness which your failed parents could not curb, and tell you without mincing words, that you are a FOOL, because the fool who knows that he is fool exercises some restrain but the fool who fails to know that he is a fool (as in your case) is a problem even to innocent persons.
Respect ur old age
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by willyray(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2013
now that is messed up
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by eaglechild: 11:53am On Oct 21, 2013
sweet_gala:

You fail to get the gist, and I doubt you are a successful business man.
You have to evaluate you product placement, and the demand and movement of commerce.

Let's ask the question what is the destination of a Qatar flight that originates in any part of Nigeria? Multiple destinations is the answer with stop-overs possibly(increasing the number of destinations)

You can not force a commercial airline who are in business to make profit to fly a jumbo jet to a destination where they would not be able to fill up the seats. They'll suddenly have low demand and high capacity, and then reverse in the other destination of choice.

What the aviation ministry need to do is enable qatar airlines team up with a local airline who would ferry Enugu passengers to kano airport and back.

Or better still Kano passengers to Enugu and back.
Re: Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route by eaglechild: 11:56am On Oct 21, 2013
sweet_gala:

Yes a fair share of international airports, however remember that air travel is a business and if FG wants to extend a network country wide the demand need be provided to make it profitable for the airlines , they need to enable them through concessions.
Do you really believe, that with the spate of international terrorism going on, it is safe to allow regular direct flights by Qatar airlines to Kano?

I don't.
The earlier you realise it is a very genuine concern the better for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Commercialise Solar Powered Tricycles For Transportation In Nigeria / Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston / Two Persons Burnt To Death In Tanker Explosion In Niger State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.