Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (70830 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 12:54am On Sep 14, 2008
A-40:

Has Camby left the Nuggets? because if he has then they are automatically not even guaranteed an 8th seed this season
The Nuggets is just one of those teams that have such great players with talent, that is just being wasted. Carmelo Anthony and Iverson need to be traded to a team that can compliment their talents. Preferably the Rockets.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:10am On Sep 14, 2008
@onyinye
See your long throat grin.Why not ask for Kareem Abdul Jabbar,Michael,Magic,Bird and the Harlem Globetorotters!! They can still be traded to your team lol please try and be content with the roster you have
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 2:12am On Sep 14, 2008
Hey, im very content with our starting line up and the rest. grin But doesn't mean i shouldn't suggest improvements.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 2:13am On Sep 14, 2008
Camby left and now I know nuggets are screwed.
I can't believe that Baron Davis left GSW too!
They just snatched all the main players away. . . .

After looking at the transfers, i went to check to see if my boy, CP3 was still on my team.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 2:16am On Sep 14, 2008
Barion Davis needed to leave Golden State, a LONG time ago. That team was just going down. This year's drafts and trades is going to make the NBA season very interesting. Esp, with the Rockets and Artest.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 2:43am On Sep 14, 2008
Enough of the rockets jare!
After seeing what Posey did, i can't wait to see my hornets back in bizniz
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 2:46am On Sep 14, 2008
Im a die hard Rockets-Lakers fan. grin As i should be. The Hornets just tend to disappoint me like pretty much every New Orleans team. I don't know why they even bother going into the playoffs. All they do is slack around and think that giving their best will cut it. When it won't. You have to give it your 100% All. Especially being in our division.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:52am On Sep 14, 2008
@J-girl
They are screwed i guess they got tired of being stagnant i mean being perennial first round play off drop outs and want to go one step backward by not making the playoffs at all.I wouldnt mind Camby at Dallas we could use a Center
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 2:58am On Sep 14, 2008
A-40:

@J-girl
They are screwed i guess they got tired of being stagnant i mean being perennial first round play off drop outs and want to go one step backward by not making the playoffs at all.I wouldnt mind Camby at Dallas we could use a Center
Exactly!
Oh please! Dallas needs more than Camby. You all need a better owner and a very good coach. cheesy cheesy cheesy
I still can't believe y'all fired Avery.
onyinye2:

I'm a die hard Rockets-Lakers fan. grin As i should be. The Hornets just tend to disappoint me like pretty much every New Orleans team. I don't know why they even bother going into the playoffs. All they do is slack around and think that giving their best will cut it. When it won't. You have to give it your 100% All. Especially being in our division.
The Hornets are fantastic when they need to be.
I love the fact that they go into the playoffs and give the city the boost of energy needed.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 3:04am On Sep 14, 2008
j-girl:

Exactly!
Oh please! Dallas needs more than Camby. You all need a better owner and a very good coach. cheesy cheesy cheesy
I still can't believe y'all fired Avery.
They need every all star there is to help this team.

j-girl:

The Hornets are fantastic when they need to be.
I love the fact that they go into the playoffs and give the city the boost of energy needed.
They should be fantastic in the playoffs. It is like they don't even care. Like they only care about getting into the playoffs and just expect to meet a team like the Lakers and the Celtics at the Championship game. Chris Paul is a STUPENDOUS player. I mean it is utterly crazy how good of a player he is and will be. But what he needs to do is get his team in the mindset of playing like it is their last game every time.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 3:10am On Sep 14, 2008
onyinye2:

They need every all star there is to help this team.
They should be fantastic in the playoffs. It is like they don't even care. Like they only care about getting into the playoffs and just expect to meet a team like the Lakers and the Celtics at the Championship game. Chris Paul is a STUPENDOUS player. I mean it is utterly crazy how good of a player he is and will be. But what he needs to do is get his team in the mindset of playing like it is their last game every time.
They need prayers to enforce their team.
That's the problem. . . . we are going to enjoy this and perform better in the play-offs.
Chris Paul needs time to adapt properly.
They will improve this time.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:49am On Sep 14, 2008
@onyinye
We could use a good Center Ericka Dampier has done a poor job of guarding the paint lately and is not even providing the offense he used to do.I also hope Josh Howard can get his shit together if we can do all that and Jason Kidd gets a full season we will rule the West again
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2008
A-40:

@onyinye
We could use a good Center Ericka Dampier has done a poor job of guarding the paint lately and is not even providing the offense he used to do.I also hope Josh Howard can get his shit together if we can do all that and Jason Kidd gets a full season we will rule the West again
I dunno about Erick. I mean he is a really good player but i think the fame has gotten in to his head. I think that know that he has made it big, he don't have to work as hard as before. In short, a lot of NBA players have let the fame got into their heads and it shows quite well in their performance.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ CowBoy 40,

I seriously would except the trade of Chuck Hayes to Lamar Odom. Like seriously. I still don't understand how Hayes got drafted. All he ever does is give the Rockets turn overs. He is only good when time it doesnt even matter. When we are like 15 points ahead of our opponent in the last few minutes. Seriously with a Foward like Lamar Odom, mayne what wonders will happen to the Rockets. Odom plays great defense and is quick on his feet. And not mention versatile.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 5:43am On Sep 18, 2008
A-40,
I was reading the news today. . . Lo and behold . . . I stumbled on this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-mavericks-howard&prov=ap&type=lgns

I reserve my comment on that lil' news for now. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2008
@onyinye
I hope that deal doesn't go through! the Lakers cannot be that stupid what offense does Chuck Hayes bring to the table tongue
Erick has been crap all this time that Mark Cuban sef when is he going to make a good trade since he is always getting over involved with our basketball

@j-girl
I am also mad that Avery was fired but i guess he had gotten to his peak in 06 when we where two games away from a ring and with back to back play off exits i guess the powers that be lost patience
As for Howard i always said that Mary-J he has been smoking has been giving him plenty drama i just hope he rediscovers himself in training camp
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2008
Arenas is injured again shocked it must be getting tiring for Wizards fans
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2008
A-40:

@j-girl
I am also mad that Avery was fired but i guess he had gotten to his peak in 06 when we where two games away from a ring and with back to back play off exits i guess the powers that be lost patience
As for Howard i always said that Mary-J he has been smoking has been giving him plenty drama i just hope he rediscovers himself in training camp
Avery got y'all to the playoffs. In my opinion, the Mavs were just unlucky. I still don't know what your boss is doing mingling in managerial business. Every team has a bad period.
Howard needs deliverance. I really hope the NBA does not decide to take disciplinary action for that. It will be too hilarious.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2008
Miami Heat will make the playoffs this season
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2008
millco88:

some dreams come true. . . Who knows?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2008
j-girl:

some dreams come true. . . Who knows?

That is far from a dream than you think. An healthy Wade would make the Heat at least a 6 seed. Quit drinking the haterade.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2008
@onyinye
Clearly the Jason Kidd trade didnt work for us i sincerely feel Cuban or Avery pressed the panic button when he saw the Lakers and Suns making trades and decided to give away Devin Harris for an aging Jason Kidd who is over the hill, the season before we met a Golden State that beat us 3-0 in the regular season our confidence was really low and Golden State just helped us crush it in the playoffs.Lets forget about Avery he is gone now and we have got to move on with Rick Carlisle

@millco
The Celtics where the worst in the East a season ago now they are World Champions it is ok to dream now that you have gotten rid of most of your senior citizens there is hope
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 1:32am On Sep 19, 2008
DA BULLS,  derrick rose, andre nocioni, larry hughes, kirk hinrich, sefalosa. that backcourt makes my head go kai kai  grin. hopefully the team doesn't resign ben gordon.  luol deng would stop up big time this season and joakim noah would be improved with some added bulk  cool. erick dampier was never a really good player, he had one good year during a contract season with the warriors. erick dampier = brendan haywood
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2008
bawomolo:

DA BULLS, derrick rose, andre nocioni, larry hughes, kirk hinrich, sefalosa. that backcourt makes my head go kai kai grin. hopefully the team doesn't resign ben gordon. luol deng would stop up big time this season and joakim noah would be improved with some added bulk cool. erick dampier was never a really good player, he had one good year during a contract season with the warriors. erick dampier = brendan haywood
Well they certainly have potential . . . same way they had potential last season and 2 seasons ago cool.

millco88:

Maybe. . . . but which one of these playoff teams are they going to bump off to get in?

Boston
Detroit
Orlando
Cleveland
Washington
Toronto
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by gabelogan(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2008
my team the NEW YORK KNICKS are definately goin make the playoffs dis season. though they shouldn't have traded renaldo balkman, they still have enough talent to make an impact dis season!!!

watch out for my boy EDDY "big ed, eddy picante" CURRY. that boy a monster, zach randolph, pocket dynamite nate robinson, stephon "starbury" marbury and jamaal crawford!! oh, quentin richardson, i aint forgotten bout you.

new york knicks all the way baby.

besides, does anyone in london know how to get tickets for the heat/nets game in london next month? checked the website and they said the tickets are sold out already
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2008
gabe_logan:

new york knicks all the way baby.
LMAO!!!! I couldn't resist in not posting. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! The New York Knicks are DEAD and BURIED!!!! Not even with Curry can revive it. The next time they make the Playoffs is when you see the London Olympics. The sad part of it all, is there division and NOTHING compared to the West. And yet the can't even make Top 5 in their division. Ain't no hope for them. Sorry.

bawomolo:

DA BULLS,  derrick rose, andre nocioni, larry hughes, kirk hinrich, sefalosa. that backcourt makes my head go kai kai  grin. hopefully the team doesn't resign ben gordon.  luol deng would stop up big time this season and joakim noah would be improved with some added bulk  cool. erick dampier was never a really good player, he had one good year during a contract season with the warriors. erick dampier = brendan haywood
The Bulls are something to watch for. Being that ever since their All Starz, i.e. Micheal Jordan, left. . . that team went DOWN HILL. Even with that Rose character, it is going to take alot more then him to bring back them the glory. There Legacy still stands but, not for long. They betta leave that old 90's mentality of "Well let me just deceive the world with our numerous wins and let us just get by" PATHETIC. Hip Hip Hooray for Senior Citizens.

A-40:

@onyinye
Clearly the Jason Kidd trade didnt work for us i sincerely feel Cuban or Avery pressed the panic button when he saw the Lakers and Suns making trades and decided to give away Devin Harris for an aging Jason Kidd who is over the hill, the season before we met a Golden State that beat us 3-0 in the regular season our confidence was really low and Golden State just helped us crush it in the playoffs.Lets forget about Avery he is gone now and we have got to move on with Rick Carlisle
Jason Kidd is the last hope yal got. The firing of Avery is not something easy to forget. I mean that man led yal two games into the Championship. For once, i was actually impressed by Dallas. Then the later years just took all the respect that i had gain, to the drain. Devin Harris for Jason Kidd, did seem like a good idea at first. But then when i saw the outcome. . . . . then i was little ished out. I don't know what yal bout to do this season.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2008
millco88:

The Miami Heat have a better chance of being RANKED then actually making the playoffs. Dwanye Wade, is just wasting his time there. Without Shaq, that team aint got no chance to even smell the playoffs. You would think such a player like Wade could carry his team but too bad so sad.

A-40:

@onyinye
I hope that deal doesn't go through! the Lakers cannot be that stupid what offense does Chuck Hayes bring to the table tongue
Erick has been crap all this time that Mark Cuban sef when is he going to make a good trade since he is always getting over involved with our basketball
I KNOW!!! Why is that no good playing, turn over spewing, lazy down the court getting, can't rebound Hayes doing in the NBA? Not even a team like Orlando would even except his transcript not to mention the Lakers.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2008
Miami Heats will make the playoff

D-wade is back - watch the olympics again if you need proof. ( his trey improved too)
they have Shaun Marion (Matrix) the most underated NBA player. Not only can he defend and play all positions. And he guarantees you Almost 16 ppg, 10rpg, 1.5 get out here tongue pg
Micheal beasley.(ko soro, he will shine)
Chris quinn (who showed he can play last season)
Haslem (Hustler)
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2008
Who gives a flippin care is Wade just came from the Olympics. So did Carmelo Anthony, and we know good and well the Nuggets aint going no where near the Playoffs this year.

Dwight Howard just came from the Olympics. But don't mean that his Orlando team will even consider the fact of even getting ranked in their division, not to mention the Playoffs.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2008
onyinye2:

Who gives a flippin care is Wade just came from the Olympics. So did Carmelo Anthony, and we know good and well the Nuggets aint going no where near the Playoffs this year.

Dwight Howard just came from the Olympics. But don't mean that his Orlando team will even consider the fact of even getting ranked in their division, not to mention the Playoffs.
    Why all of a sudden will Orlando not make the playoffs? they were in it last yr n years before if remember correctly.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2008
JeSoul:

Why all of a sudden will Orlando not make the playoffs? they were in it last yr n years before if remember correctly.
Only reason why is because Miami lost its mojo. So they were "lucky" to fill in that empty spot. But I must admit that Miami might try to redeem themselves so Bye Bye Orlando. See ya next Playoff miss up in their division.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2008
onyinye2:

Who gives a flippin care if Wade just came from the Olympics. So did Carmelo Anthony, and we know good and well the Nuggets aint going no where near the Playoffs this year.

Melo down,  relax.

I didnt just give you D.wade I listed other players (new and improved)
I don't see the hawks making the playoffs this year.
With Arena's knee problem ( even without) the Heat are better than them.
The heats are better than Sixers too ( I say that with a little bit of skepticism)

Orlando getting ranked. What are you talking about? undecided College basketball.
Orlando had the  3rd best record in the eastern division last year. Dwight Howard is the most dominant center coupled with Turkoglu, Rashard lewis, they will definitely make the playoff.

Note: Playoff = all post season games. I'm not talking about the Eastern or Western playoff final, or Nba championship final

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

A Great White Shark Is Named After Kobe Bryant / Cute Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo With His Children / Mourinho Looked Embarrassed On A TV Show With Bikini Clad Lady (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.