Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,924 members, 7,803,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter (5579 Views)

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ehixking(m): 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
The punch newspaper on the 27th of september 2013 featured a write up titled "Nigerian Jobless graduates inaugurates online association" which started on www.niraland.com with 250 posts & 24207 views. The first meeting took place at the university of Lagos sport centre. The second meeting ogun state chapter took place at the National Labour congress secretariat ,leme, Abeokuta the Ogun state capital.
The agenda of the meeting focused on getting trustees for the registration who Are not politician or clergymen but technocrats that have come to the limelight through hard work and are very respectable in the society. Some members raised the issue of some politicians like Pat Utomi and Wole shoyinka who are politicians yet true Nationalist and due to this we tried amending our constitution to restrict the trustees to the constitution and make them realise it is a privilege and not a right and the association mustn't be used for any personal,political,ethnic or clerical ambition. One of the members from ogun state Ambrose also suggested the association work on news worthy personalities. After much debate and deliberation the house finally agreed to set up guidelines for the enforcement of the constitution on all members and trustees and it goes thus
"The association is not bound to dictatorship or authoritarian rule of any trustee or executives except as stated in the constitution".
"The association shall not be lord by political, religious or ethnic gains"
Ogun State chapter executives were appointed and they are as follows below.
State coordinator -- Ayoola babalola 07031310646.
State secretary-- Awosanya Paul. 08106348808. Asst state secretary-- Ambrose Ohonmele. 08033626637. P.R.O-- Alani Maroof 08027202531. P.R.O. Aina olusegun. 08066214884.
Head of media, Idowu adekunle. 08053023004.
Also, in moving the house forward, it was suggested to go to tertiary institutions and NYSC CDS groups to sensitize upcoming graduates. The meeting was adjourned at 3.50pm by Ehis Abuya thanking all present and wishing them a safe trip to their various destinations.
Ehis Abuya
National coordinator
Association of Nigeria graduates Against Unemployment
NB... Visit our facebook page for daily info
www.facebook.com/naugnigeria
And on twitter. @naijagraduates

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Yusphull(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
This is a gigantic step towards success.... May almighty God make this dream of ours be realistic..
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Johnsonpac(m): 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
9ce job done... More grace,with God on our side we are heading to the top
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by nickalams: 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nice move we re moving ahead l luv d ideas of trustee from MENTOR WOLE soyinka and Prof Pat Utomi Na politician anyway lf u Adjust d Constitution it wil be gud,nice Move ^^
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ajuayacom: 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
This is great.Now that the Nigerian graduates and youths have been pushed to the wall,it is high time we voice out in non-violence;effectively stating our cause,our virtues,objectives and goals.
It is high time we declare that the Nigerian graduates be given a fair chance at purposeful living,having jobs that pertain to their career,excellent education so as been of relevance in the soceital and economical growth in Nigeria.
A fair chance for us to dream and fulfill does dreams. For a long time we av nt had a fair and just chance to excel and be productive as we ought to.
All we ask,fight for is the right conditions and enabling policies for the Nigerian youths to productively add to this Nation. We stand against unemployment,underemployment,terrible education system,lack of industrial and productive capabilities in Nigeria and any factor aiding the above said heinous living conditions.thxs @Ehixking n all Naija youths and graduates.It is the said time to walk the walk and make the actions because to us the future beacons. [color=#000099][/color]

4 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by wexcko(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nice one pals, I see U̶̲̥̅̊ all,we are getting there cos we gat God by our sides,tell me who can be against us ?we are unstopable.@ coord pls get back on asap cos am missing U̶̲̥̅̊,U̶̲̥̅̊ knw what I ṁ̭̥̈̅̄e̶̲̥̅̊ǎ̜̣̍Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by wexcko(m): 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nice one pals, I see U̶̲̥̅̊ all,we are getting there cos we gat God by our sides,tell me who can be against us ?we are unstopable.@ coord pls get back on asap cos am missing U̶̲̥̅̊,U̶̲̥̅̊ knw what I ṁ̭̥̈̅̄e̶̲̥̅̊ǎ̜̣̍Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊
. VickyT
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ehixking(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2013
wexcko: Nice one pals, I see U̶̲̥̅̊ all,we are getting there cos we gat God by our sides,tell me who can be against us ?we are unstopable.@ coord pls get back on asap cos am missing U̶̲̥̅̊,U̶̲̥̅̊ knw what I ṁ̭̥̈̅̄e̶̲̥̅̊ǎ̜̣̍Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊

Thanks so much, I will God helping me...
Very very soon!!@wexcko
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by wealthkehinde(m): 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
We have not started.God is our strength.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by murphyonline(m): 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
great move nd wit God on our syd we shld prevail over our greedy oga at d love dt divert national wealth to private pocket nd elese kan kiyolo lai jiya. more greese to ur elbow nd tru ANGAU all nigerian graduate shall be heard.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by medalz(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2013
There are different set of people, some make things happen while some watch it happens. If u refuse to join this struggle just because u are employed, remember some pple in ur family that do not av ur kind of oppurtunity. This struggle will surely succeed and cub unemployment
crisis in this country.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
It was a nice move,but is that all excos u mentioned above?

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ehixking(m): 3:00am On Oct 22, 2013
Saklekplus: It was a nice move,but is that all excos u mentioned above?
Yeah sure...just a handfull cos
" too many cooks they say spoils the brutt"
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2013
People are surgesting that the name should change to NANG so that it can be recognise by the Govt and throughout the nation and it wil give room for more graduates both fresh and old can join....more people that want to join are complaining abt the name,,please,this issue has to be sort out as soon as possible......even the name NANG can match NANS

4 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by 1forall: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Saklekplus: People are surgesting that the name should change to NANG so that it can be recognise by the Govt and throughout the nation and it wil give room for more graduates both fresh and old can join....more people that want to join are complaining abt the name,,please,this issue has to be sort out as soon as possible......even the name NANG can match NANS

I completely agree the group needs a name change but I don't think it's the name change that will lead to recognition by government or whoever. I believe it's what the group stands for and does that will get it recognized by the government, private sector, youth, and whoever's recognition the group needs.

Why compare this with NANS? This group should be laying down a completely new benchmark that others will want to copy, not towing the same old lines that have led to nowhere.

If you ask me, that NA-prefix (National/Nigerian Association of ....) is banal - boring, worn out and uninspiring, everyone is used to it. Something fresh and striking would do better justice to the cause this group stands for.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
I totally support the idea of changing the name to NANG.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by bankyblue(m): 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
Na wa Oº°˚ ˚°º , nothing we no go see sha,

This is GEJ fault.
Pls create enough work and let all this association that is not
Contribution shi*t to my pocket go there own way.......just thinking load sha.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by 25omega(m): 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is the purpose of this organization? Are they supposed to be a unified voice against the govt? or are they planning to create jobs for the graduates? would there be member dues paid? Again not talking trash just asking because i really don't know.

By the way would you the graduate who is looking for work do work, that has nothing to do with your degree? or are you hell bent on getting into your profession immediately after graduation.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Good job guys! Solidly into/behind it.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by babino22: 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Immortality! Take it, it's yours!!!!! I see looming revolution coming.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Muhaymin(m): 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
They remind me of black panther in d united state.......if this thing really works out they wud he a national hero lipsrsealed
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by baslone: 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
ajuaya.com:
This is great.Now that the Nigerian graduates and youths have been pushed to the wall,it is high time we voice out in non-violence;effectively stating our cause,our virtues,objectives and goals.
[color=#000099][/color]

If you neither shut down the economy nor come out blazing like Militants/Boko Haram. Nah speech from the top go end am.

FG only listens when things get out of hands.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Decryptor(m): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
They really need to start from there...the SW region so that all those jobless chest beating e-warriors here on NL like Bluetooth, geez, Demdem, Iya Ngbali, Texas.Cowbell etc can be helped!

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by coolestboy(m): 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by orobopasiosio(m): 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
pls what of the members in niger state, have they started meeting?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Ademat7(m): 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
This is a nice move! But I think d associatn begin to track d establishment of industries in ogun state and beyond and let Governors begin to recomend d associtn to foreign investors as a place to c human resources.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ehixking(m): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
25omega: Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is the purpose of this organization? Are they supposed to be a unified voice against the govt? or are they planning to create jobs for the graduates? would there be member dues paid? Again not talking trash just asking because i really don't know.

By the way would you the graduate who is looking for work do work, that has nothing to do with your degree? or are you hell bent on getting into your profession immediately after graduation.
Contact some of the excos for the constitution
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by tankwa: 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
I don't believe we have unemployed graduates rather we are self employed graduates. Kindly change the name to Association of Self Employed Graduates. Regards

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: / How To Invest Your First N100,000 / Rich Dad Poor Dad - An Impractical Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.