Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika (1936 Views)

Army Begins Investigation Into Killing Of Pro-biafra Agitators. / Jonathan Retains Ihejirika As Army Chief In Military Shake Up / Nigerian Army Begins Local Construction Of Assault Boats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by atlwireles: 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ibadan – The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, said the army had commenced massive recruitment to tackle the security challenge in the country.
Ihejirika said this while opening a five-day seminar organised by the army’s Department of Civil-Military Affairs at the 2 Div. Odogbo, Ibadan on Monday.
“I have commenced the recruitment of 9,000 persons in our various training institutions’’, Ihejirika said.
The COAS, represented by Maj. Gen. John Ewansiha, said the objective of the seminar was to foster better working relations with civil society organisations toward winning hearts and minds.
Ihejirika reiterated the intention of the army to train and retrain its officers in order to meet the security challenge of the country.
“Indeed, the Nigerian army is currently occupied with domestic challenges in several parts of the country, especially in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States’’, he said.
The Chief of Civil-Military Affairs, Maj. Gen. Bola Koleoso, said the seminar was part of the quests to resolve the crisis currently facing the nation.
“As we all know, the civil society organisations stand for the defence of human rights everywhere as well as in crisis situations.
“The military aims at defeating insurgents as well as protecting law-abiding citizens’’, he said.
Gov. Abiola Ajimobi, who was the guest of honour, stressed the need for constant engagement and discussion between the civil and military publics.
“The modus operandi of the military is force; obedience to order and immediacy of that obedience. The modus operandi of the civil public is persuasion and constant engagement, which takes time“, he said.
Ajimobi said the task of such relationship should thus be how to bring the two publics together to pursue same agenda for the democratic vision of the nation.
“The Nigerian civil public cannot afford to stand aloof from the military.
“Since independence, the military has fought wars toward the sustenance of Nigeria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
“It has lost thousands of its men who are martyrs of the peace and nationhood we enjoy today.
“We cannot but support the military in its quest to protect the nation and her territorial borders’’, the governor said.
The theme of the seminar is: “Consolidating Civil Society Organisations/Military Relations for Improved National Security.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/army-begins-massive-recruitment-ihejirika
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by RockMaxi: 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
Recruitment my foot. Who cares now?

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by oLAAbEfe(m): 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
Glad to hear....
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by taharqa: 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
9000 Persons at a go??
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by stevnwigw1: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
nigeria breaking things.
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by madamoringo(f): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
I hope it is not the usual pattern where Ihejerika populates the army with his ibos in a 95% lopsided ratio? You can't put anything past these people and the way Oduah is running the aviation sector to the ground with high corruption is exactly what we can expect from these people with the excuse that it is their share of the national cake! I hope Nigerians are smart to not let these people anywhere near the presidency!

3 Likes

Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by cashkidp3: 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
dis man has reali changed d army.
fresh air tinz cool cool
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by Tolexander: 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ibadan – The Chief of Army
Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Azubuike
Ihejirika, said the army had
commenced massive
recruitment to tackle the
security challenge in the
country.
we sabi who go full the recruitment!
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
boko also getting recruited. angry angry angry angry
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by Chiemekaorizu(m): 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
madam_oringo: I hope it is not the usual pattern where Ihejerika populates the army with his ibos in a 95% lopsided ratio? You can't put anything past these people and the way Oduah is running the aviation sector to the ground with high corruption is exactly what we can expect from these people with the excuse that it is their share of the national cake! I hope Nigerians are smart to not let these people anywhere near the presidency!
go and look bush! Coz you have got nuffin meaning to say.........why must you people always berate the igbo tribe?cry Don't be such a drip you berk!
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by AkinDavid2: 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
Good if those figures will be truly represented
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by heed101(m): 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
madam_oringo: I hope it is not the usual pattern where Ihejerika populates the army with his ibos in a 95% lopsided ratio? You can't put anything past these people and the way Oduah is running the aviation sector to the ground with high corruption is exactly what we can expect from these people with the excuse that it is their share of the national cake! I hope Nigerians are smart to not let these people anywhere near the presidency!
u r right, we know wat they are capable of doing! no room 4 yanmiiri
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2013

"these people" already have the presidency.
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by madamoringo(f): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

"these people" already have the presidency.

So ijaws are now ibos? LWKMD! You have lost your identity and even now Ijaws are the new majority well before the ibos in Nigeria. When the GEJ guys is done, you will get the return match of your few years of foolishness and making enemies! Just wait for it...

2 Likes

Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by JMOI: 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ride on my general. Shame on you tribalists. Ride on our General. Anyi kwugi na azu.

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by Trailii: 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ihejirika be careful! Ɣøû soon will follow d steps of barth nnaji and stella. We will frustrate Ɣøû die. In order to avoid dis, 80% of does appointment shuld b giving to the D yorubas.....

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by cutievik: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
Will someone pleeeeasse help me tell the ministry of defence what we truly need is mordern equipment,sophiticated travor Guns,MRAP aganist ambushes and RPG assualt,and Better training not more men,Nigerians please are you aware we have no protective,proactive NAF jets?,our brave Navy have no war ship worth protectin our EEZ and green zones.,we need change not More Men to be wasted,cos only in Nigeria equipments are of more value than lifes!!!

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by eye4eye: 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2013
atlwireles: Ibadan – The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, said the army had commenced massive recruitment to tackle the security challenge in the country.
Ihejirika said this while opening a five-day seminar organised by the army’s Department of Civil-Military Affairs at the 2 Div. Odogbo, Ibadan on Monday.
“I have commenced the recruitment of 9,000 persons IBOS in our various training institutions’’, Ihejirika said.
The COAS, represented by Maj. Gen. John Ewansiha, said the objective of the seminar was to foster better working relations with civil society organisations toward winning hearts and minds.
Ihejirika reiterated the intention of the army to train and retrain its officers in order to meet the security challenge of the country.
“Indeed, the Nigerian army is currently occupied with domestic challenges in several parts of the country, especially in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States’’, he said.
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/army-begins-massive-recruitment-ihejirika

The Eastern Army General started recruitment of 9000 IBOS into the Nigeria Army.
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
madam_oringo:

So ijaws are now ibos? LWKMD! You have lost your identity and even now Ijaws are the new majority well before the ibos in Nigeria. When the GEJ guys is done, you will get the return match of your few years of foolishness and making enemies! Just wait for it...

Who said anything about ijaws and "ibos", whoever they are.

Igbos are in power already. All sectors. That's why you lot are having sleepless nights.

Imagine! The "no vanquished" lording it over the "no victors". LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by LilBRightTMc(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
Are u not ashamed of yourself for making such comment...SmH, to hell with all IGBO haters
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by LilBRightTMc(m): 9:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
Trail ii: Ihejirika be careful! Ɣøû soon will follow d steps of barth nnaji and stella. We will frustrate Ɣøû die. In order to avoid dis, 80% of does appointment shuld b giving to the D yorubas.....
dream on, Ihejitika is military minded
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by LilBRightTMc(m): 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
JMOI: Ride on my general. Shame on you tribalist. Ride on our General. Anyi kwugi na azu.
GBAM!
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by donphilopus: 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
peleson:
U can't even spell curse correctly. Mass education by awo did not favour u .
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by Aedesmuskeeto: 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
cashkidp3: dis man has reali changed d army.
fresh air tinz cool cool
by what exactly? Mere recruiting??
Same old shait..
Our soldiers needs some g36,hk, and some good gears my friend...
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by nextdoor84(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
I wonder why igbo's will never learn...i advise you guys should go read Achebe 'there was a country' sometimes its better to keep quite than ranting at other tribe....,cheta nu na onye bi na etiti ndi ilo neze onwe ya!!...cheers
Re: Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika by lacasa: 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2013

You've said the truth.

It's bitter to some section to read I'm sure,bt its the bottomline

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poor Attendance Mars TAN's Rally In North Central / Chibok Girls To Be Released On Monday / Jacob Zuma The Greatest Thief In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.