Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:51 PM

NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah (22814 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Ibrahim Abdulsalam, NAMA MD And Directors For N2.8b ‘theft’ / Why NAMA Diverted Wamakko’s Aircraft / NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by bappahman: 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2013
A new SaharaReporters investigation reveals that the National Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), another agency under the Ministry of Aviation, also purchased four Toyota Tundra vehicles for the Minister, Mrs. Stella Oduah.

Nigerians are currently up in arms about two armored cars purchased for her by
another agency, the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, at the scandalous rate of N225million, and many are calling for her to be fired.

The Tundras are in addition to four stretch limousine cars that were allegedly purchased for the movement of VIPs.

Saharareporters obtained the photos of the Limousines, which were parked at the headquarters of the Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria (TRACON)
grounds in Abuja today.

Efforts to get the NAMA spokesperson, Supo Atobatele, to comment on the fresh allegations proved abortive as he claimed he was driving and could not speak on the wheel. When later confronted with the facts, Mr. Atobatele denied the existence of the stretch limos claiming that NAMA is a “professional agency” that provides navigational aid to aircrafts flying within Nigeria’s airspace. He hung up and switched off his phone when further told that Saharareporters had the photos.

NAMA’s CEO, Nnamdi Udo, reportedly made the purchase and ‘donation’ of the Tundras to the Minister in June 2013. The four Limousines were received in the third week of June but have never been put to use.

Last week after SaharaReporters revealed the purchase of two BMW armored cars for the Minister, her aides and later the Managing Director of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, Fola Akinkuotu, claimed the vehicles were meant for VIP movement, but a former lawmaker and leader of Anti-Corruption Network, Dino Melaye, told SaharaReporters today that it is the duty of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to transport international VIPs in Nigeria.

He also revealed that the most important Aviation inspectors are teams from the ICAO who already have a Nigerian office which handles all their transactions.

SaharaReporters could not confirm if the NAMA limos are armored. It is also unclear why NAMA, an agency believed to be cash-strapped, would need stretch limos that are normally used by celebrities, to ferry international VIPS.

Meanwhile, a high-level source has confirmed to SaharaReporters that the Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria, which Mrs. Oduah brags about as one of
her achievements in office, provides epileptic service. Because it often breaks down, the objective of establishing a safer national airspace is said to have been compromised. Foreign airlines are said to rely on their built in navigational equipment for air safety within the Nigerian airspace
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/another-aviation-agency-bought-4-toyota-tundras-minister-oduah-alongside-four-limousines-v

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by bappahman: 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
Madam minister and cars...:..:.hmmmm
Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by dapachez: 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
This is getting out of hand. The stories are now ridiculous and sincerely am shocked. Is this really possible or true? Time will tell

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by bappahman: 11:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
dapachez: I thought toyota tundra was a truck? So its now a limo?
Read the article

15 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by bloggernaija: 11:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
This is a waste of money.
After 2 yrs , you will have the change the cars all over again
Who are these VIPS.
CAN THESE PEOPLE NOT HAVE PITY ON THE COMMON MAN ON THE STREET.

27 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
Not again!! shocked

1 Like

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by redsun(m): 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
Is she running a limo hire company for traditional marriages and christenings?Nigerians with oyinbos made machines.They tend to totally misunderstand the whole concept of vehicle and its uses.

12 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by bappahman: 11:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
bloggernaija: This is a waste of money.
After 2 yrs , you will have the change the cars all over again
Who are these VIPS.
CAN THESE PEOPLE NOT HAVE PITY ON THE COMMON MAN ON THE STREET.
They are so blind with selfishness nd greed

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by idupaul: 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
Stella Stella STella ... How many times have I called your name .. Madam its time to do the honorable thing. RES**N .. Sorry I censored it before career tribalists and pay as you go loyalist attack me

10 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by Tolexander: 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
When
Atobatele
denied the existence of the
stretch
limos
claiming that NAMA is a
“professional agency” that
undertakes
navigational aids to aircrafts
flying
within Nigeria’s airspace
the boldened is a very reason to believe the story cos the story of the 2 bmws bought was first denied!

This woman just dey acquire cars like a garage!

5 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by Pukkah: 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
Where are the people that have shamelessly turned 'Stella Stays' into their anthem? What do they have to say to this?

5 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by Demdem(m): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
Oduah is surely wrecking this ministry. What a useless woman.

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by njideoby(f): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
I personally don't believe all these stories any more. How am I sure they are not made up in order to give "Harry" a bad name.

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by Demdem(m): 11:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
njideoby: I personally don't believe all these stories any more. How am I sure they are not made up in order to give "Harry" a bad name.

Just like BMW stories were made up right?

23 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by idupaul: 11:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
njideoby: I personally don't believe all these stories any more. How am I sure they are not made up in order to give "Harry" a bad name.

You are not the custodian of the word believe .. Whether you believe or not the truth is the truth Stella Oduah is not fit to oversee children's party balloon industry talk less of a nations aviation industry

6 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by funnyx(m): 11:31pm On Oct 21, 2013

Unfortunately you choosed a wrong signature cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by njideoby(f): 11:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
Demdem:

I just don't know,anything is possible in this country Of ours.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by bappahman: 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
Madam is crazy about cars, she is trying to own the most expensive garage money can buy before 2015

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by Demdem(m): 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
njideoby:
I just don't know,anything is possible in this country Of ours.

U still don't know after the minister confirmed that she bought it for her security. Stop living in denial.

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
You people have forgotten something.she also bought 36 mercedez limousines which she gave as gift to the 36 state governors as sallah gift as well as 53 limousines which she gave out as gift to 53 african heads of states to celebrate nigerias 53 independence anniversery.
Desperate people.

16 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by redsun(m): 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
bappahman: Madam is crazy about cars, she is trying to own the most expensive garage money can buy before 2015

Same thing the 19 crews do when they catch oyinbo real mugu.Fred Ajudau use to have over forty high exotic powered cars,including rolls royce and bentley. Of course stretch is petty when it comes to aristocratics machines like rolls royces,bentleys and ferraris.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by specco(m): 11:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
Mrs Odua made bold to plug some loopholes in the aviation sector, loopholes some smart alecks in the industry have been feeding fat on for many years. Now they are up in arms chasing her. Their goal is to make enough noise for Oga Jonathan to sack her so that their looting would continue as before. What a country!

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by redsun(m): 11:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
She is just a new kid on the block that seems a little over zealous.It is the same bullllshit all over again in a system where those in authority steals authoritatively.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by FreeGlobe(f): 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
chima12: You people have forgotten something.she also bought 36 mercedez limousines which she gave as gift to the 36 state governors as sallah gift as well as 53 limousines which she gave out as gift to 53 african heads of states to celebrate nigerias 53 independence anniversery.
Desperate people.
I heard she also bought maybachs and buggati to be used when she steps into any airport in Nigeria according to a Sahara reporter source. ignore these desperate fools

7 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by bappahman: 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
specco: Mrs Odua made bold to plug some loopholes in the aviation sector, loopholes some smart alecks in the industry have been feeding fat on for many years. Now they are up in arms chasing her. Their goal is to make enough noise for Oga Jonathan to sack her so that their looting would continue as before. What a country!
Any proof to what ur saying

1 Like

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by IGBOSON1: 12:02am On Oct 22, 2013
Demdem:

^^^To the extent of saying her actions were corrupt, then i'd say 'YES'....the stories were made up!

You lot felt that accusing her of being 'wasteful' wasn't enough grounds for calling for her head, so you decided to describe the act as 'corruption' hoping that if it's repeated a good number of times that it'll stick!

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by donphilopus: 12:33am On Oct 22, 2013
If we say something, some Nitwits would say it's because we hate her..

I rest my case

1 Like

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 22, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I heard she also bought maybachs and buggati to be used when she steps into any airport in Nigeria according to a Sahara reporter source. ignore these desperate fools
how much is she paying you? I'll double it.

14 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 22, 2013
Mods pls, I'm in on 1st page yet? angry
Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:05am On Oct 22, 2013
Thumb up to saharareporters.......

The media outlet deserve international award.....

17 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by s3nn2x(m): 2:07am On Oct 22, 2013
We need more of investigative journalism in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Bought Toyota Tundras For Oduah by nduchucks: 2:24am On Oct 22, 2013
This cannot be true. Enemies of progress are trying to implicate this fine woman by associating those limos with her. Those Limos belong to Dangote! My tongue is likely in my cheeks at this moment. Nonesense and Ingredients. embarassed

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father Kukah Must Be Allowed To Practise His Faith And Politics - Garba Shehu / Dr Mary Iji Dies In Cross River / Investigate The Source Of Cash Used For PDP Convention - APC Tells EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.