Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) (12378 Views)

2015 Investment Opportunity ( Insight Secrets ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by gabacino78: 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
The cultivation and processing of cassava in Nigeria holds much potential for successful investment,the crop is increasingly attracting attention and processing businesses are slowly starting to spring up all over the country.
The greater demand for cassava tubers by local industries and the government policy that 40% of high quality cassava flour be addes to 60% wwheat flour for bread production is responsible for the price increase,fresh tubers was sold for N5,000/ton in 2011,in 2012 it was N10,000/ton,presently it is N20,000 and still. Has a strong potential to increase due to demand.
In addition the raging economic growth of china has made it the largest buyer of african cassava,which it uses to feed livestock(cattle,pigs etc) and production of ethanol. China is currently responsible for more than 60% of global cassava consumption,and is still buying more from africa especially nigeria,the minister of Agriculture Dr Akinwumi Adesina recently signed MoU to supply 3m tonnes to china annually,which will be supplied by local cassava growers combine the growing profile and demand for. Cassava as a source of biofuels is a pointer to the fact that the future demand and prices for cassava is headed for the skies.

CHALLENGES OF TRADITIONAL FARMERS
The greatest challenge to ordinary farmers in nigeria is the development of a technique devoid of the usual drudgery and fatigue associated with producing the crop,they lack mechanization of appropriate production and processing tools.

OUR APPROACH
We are partnering with an agricultural NGO,African Agricultural Technology Foundation(AATF),an NGO that provides technology support to. Smallholders farmers in africa,they are already in partnership with kwara and osun state government.
We are establishing a mechanised cassava farm in ilaro,ogun state devoid of the drudgery associated with cassava production in the traditional way,we intend to achieve minimum of 25 tons/hectare as against 10 tons/hectare yield by traditional method.
We are seeking joint investment by discerning entreprenuer to cultivate about 20 hectares in the coming planting season beginning march/april 2014,the cost of cultivating 1 hectare is N200,000 therefore it will cost N4m to cultivate 20 hectares,I will provide 50% of the capital through a loan from a relative and I'm seeking 10 investors to invest 200k each for the remaining capital@ 50% ROI(return on investment)in 12 months,the breakdown is as follows:

Land lease & Preparation. 20,000
1st & 2nd plough. 20,000
Cassava stem & transport. 36,000
Planting. 10,000
Pre emergence herbicide
& application. 16,000
1st weeding. 10,000
Fertilizer & application. 52,000
2nd. Weeding. 10,000
Insecticide & application. 6,000
Miscellaneous. 8,000
Harvesting. 12,000
Total. 200,000

There is no doubt cassava cultivation is one of the best investment in nigeria at the moment has it promises a very high ROI,we are seeking investment of 200k from 10 investors to make up the remaining capital@ 50% ROI in 12 months.
If interested pls call 08081845904 or 08054144370 or email: gbenga _ag@yahoo.com, gbenga.agaba78@gmail.com.

We look forward to partnering with you and make this a reality.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by olushowunm(m): 1:36am On Oct 22, 2013
@Op... If you are really serious about this farming, with 200,000/ha expense, you are already in the hole except the figures you doled out here are from somewhere else.

My first observation is the land lease/ha... You are already overpaying @ 20,000/ha.
The Cost of first and second plough should be around 13k if you go through Ogun Agroservices.

The cost of pre-emergence herbicide per hectare is a bit on the high side, If you are spraying Glyphosphate @3l/ha, with Labour/water costs put at 5k, you should come up at 8,000/ha at most and if you will be doing two weeding, i advise you don't bother with pre-emergence, you can consider the first weeding by 1-2months and then spray with post-emergence herbicide that controls grasses and other perenial but selecting Cassava(This i will not mention here).
Then that should take the cassava to 2-3months, then do the last weeding to then harvest.

To save costs, if the land is virgin field forget the fertilizer part else consider poultry manure before...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by gabacino78: 7:34am On Oct 22, 2013
Thanks for your observation,the 20,000 is not for only land lease it includes preparation too,for the plough I'm using a private company that doesn't delay like the government services jence the high price,we are talking about 200k/ha here to yield minimum of 25 tons to make 500k that's like 150% profit/ha which is not bad,any interested person should contact for details.

1 Like

Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by olushowunm(m): 8:01am On Oct 22, 2013
@OP... In farming or any other business money is made before you invest, its call margin of safety. Because you can't predict the output so you must control input costs. If you considering land preparation(i.e stumping right?), the budget cannot take care of it.
And in continuation of earlier comment... The manure can be applied before ploughing if its a land that have been used before, so it can be incorporated into the land.
So you will have save about N45,000 on fertilizer and application as all you need is free manure from nearby poultry, transport for the manure and the two-men job.
For Harvesting, how do you think 12,000 will cater for this, did you consider selling price of cassava, transportation to the market/processor?
On a more serious note the transporatation of 30tons to Lusada/Agbara will not cost less than 70k as of today and next 2years might be different. So, Cassava price remains as it is today, then you will be making N375,000 @ N15,000/Ton if only you have 25tons!!!

1 Like

Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by olushowunm(m): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2013
From your estimation, you want to sell Cassava @ 20k/ton and you envisage 25 tons/ha, thats too rosy considering that in Agriculture, you budget for worst case scenarios so the best case scenarios can take care of itself. First, a lot of Cassava have been planted and definitely there will be glut next year so that price is not feasible. Also, you should budget with 20 tons/ha yield and leave the 25tons/ha yield you propose.

Then a question to you have you been involved in cassava or any other crop farming before?

I'm a farmer and i do work with a company that buys cassava and most of the things mentioned was what i learnt on my first operations. For the processor to be profitable and compete with starch imported from other countries, Cassava must not pass 8,000/ton and now lets say they can still accomodate 12,000/ton. Any other thing will not make them profitable on the long run, provided that power and transportation will take a larger portion of their revenues.

I wish you goodluck anyway!!!
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by gabacino78: 11:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
Thanks so much for your observation,are you based in lagos?can we get to meet and talk?kindly provide a phone number to reach you on.cheers
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
i'm not here to spoil ur biz but biliv u, i shld say u dnt knw wot u are doing.

Even if u buy the new variety of cassava from the state govt, u will see up to 30 to 35tons.
i assure u a 200% increase with ur capital before a year. We are also farmers, but we lease land from the state govt. Machineries and chemicals too.

With just N200,000 for an hectare, we will go into cultivation of a breed of cassava that will be matured between 7 and 10 months. i am guaranteeing u a tonnage between 35 and 40 tons.

U are the owner of your farm. We will manage it for u. Lands are available. We will be leasing from the Ogun state govt.

Buyers are available. We have a company that buys.

So, for N200,000 per hectare, u will gain 400,000. Plus capital, it is N600,000.

Its a full mechanized farming so, no wahala!

For more datails pls send me a mail: slidewaxie@gmail.com. i will give u my contacts and u can ask any questions abt MoU and all others.

Thank u

1 Like

Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by olushowunm(m): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
@SLIDE waxie.... You are the one that don't know what you are doing. First most of your claims are theoretical, even Obasanjo can never come out to say i guarantee you 30-35tons per hectare.

A lot of factors goes into farming, time, soil, water, temperature and wind.
So, we only propose and God do the rest.
For your claim on Ogun government land allocation, it seems you have been watching too much of OGTV, even their farm settlement at Awowo(near my farm) is not ready and its already a failure before starting, i have been there a couple of times and i felt sorry for us. It only upheld my resolve that No Government can solve our problem, they are here to just win the next election & nothing else bothered them.
So, even the land you are talking about is just not good for any serious farmer except you have all the time in the world, because paperwork and bureaucracy will kill you before you get any allocation.
So, Mr. Waxie, i will like to know your source of information on the land matters.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by gabacino78: 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
I'm very sure you have not tried what you are saying,they are all theories,there must be a margin in any business we do,u can't just say ur produce will yield 35 tons/ha,some pple will even propose 50tons/ha haba! Are you God?,I know what I'm doing and I'm totally committed to it,we'll not promise what we can't deliver,I wonder how you manage to get the land and machineries fron Govt,all our land and machineries are leased from individuals and private company,we call on all that believe in our course to hurry up and join us,we promise 50% ROI which isn't a bad return,we aren't promising 200%.Thank You.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:04am On Oct 26, 2013
olushowunm: @SLIDE waxie.... You are the one that don't know what you are doing. First most of your claims are theoretical, even Obasanjo can never come out to say i guarantee you 30-35tons per hectare.

A lot of factors goes into farming, time, soil, water, temperature and wind.
So, we only propose and God do the rest.
For your claim on Ogun government land allocation, it seems you have been watching too much of OGTV, even their farm settlement at Awowo(near my farm) is not ready and its already a failure before starting, i have been there a couple of times and i felt sorry for us. It only upheld my resolve that No Government can solve our problem, they are here to just win the next election & nothing else bothered them.
So, even the land you are talking about is just not good for any serious farmer except you have all the time in the world, because paperwork and bureaucracy will kill you before you get any allocation.
So, Mr. Waxie, i will like to know your source of information on the land matters.
sorry for ur ignorance Sir,

grin grin

First, for the cassava, check IITA, okay?
Second with the land...u will be amazed grin grin
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by olushowunm(m): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Slide WAXIE... Definitely, you don't know what you are saying!!!
is it that IITA that cannot guarantee the availability of even 100 bundles of stems for just well above 1.5 ha cultivation? Or the Ogun state Government land through Agroservices except you are talking about those farm settlement land that are already going barren!!!

See, i'm in the system and i have opportunity to meet several of the key players in the agricultural sector, from the commissioner, the former commisioner who is a personal friend, the P.S, The Agroservices Director and staffs, The cassava revolution programme Director and staffs and the Engineering department people.

CRP(Cassava Revolution Programme) is a sub-set of IITA in Ogun state and its even asking me for stems for their multiplication scheme to feed people like you.

And for the record, you don't know about farming just spewing some theories you have been told!!!
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by Xenyth(m): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2013
We done all.
Have read all the contributions but I have a challenge.
Am just starting a new Garri processing plant close to Ibadan along Iwo in Osun state but I need contact of supplier that can supply at cheaper price without delays and I dont know if anybody have contact of garri buyers in large quantity. thanks so much.
E-Mail. zen4prof@yahoo.com
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by gabacino78: 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Like how much are you looking to buy per ton?
Xenyth: We done all.
Have read all the contributions but I have a challenge.
Am just starting a new Garri processing plant close to Ibadan along Iwo in Osun state but I need contact of supplier that can supply at cheaper price without delays and I dont know if anybody have contact of garri buyers in large quantity. thanks so much.
E-Mail. zen4prof@yahoo.com
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by Xenyth(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
gabacino78: Like how much are you looking to buy per ton?
Am not buying but selling.
A ton depends on the type u need, quantity. just mail me so we could talk or add me on whatsapp. 08060989106
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by Itydee(m): 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
I love this thread and i'm grossly intrrested. Can the contenders here send me their details and sketchy proposals to 08079408472. We can chat on Whatsapp. Looking forward to a prompt response from u guys. I have some cash. Ì can invest.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by hotmas911(m): 8:19am On Nov 13, 2013
We have thousands of acres of good fertile land for sale, lease or rent in Ogbomoso, Oyo state. Selling from N50,000 per acre and u can rent at 5k per year. Our lands are suitable for most crops. Good roads, peaceful and friendly people. 08060318769
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by pipsbanker: 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
hotmas911: We have thousands of acres of good fertile land for sale, lease or rent in Ogbomoso, Oyo state. Selling from N50,000 per acre and u can rent at 5k per year. Our lands are suitable for most crops. Good roads, peaceful and friendly people.
actually am a final year level student of lautech and i wish to go into cassava farming.where do u stay in ogbomosho,contact details or your office address because i will need land.tanks
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by hotmas911(m): 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
pipsbanker: actually am a final year level student of lautech and i wish to go into cassava farming.where do u stay in ogbomosho,contact details or your office address because i will need land.tanks
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by Iamzuna(m): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
olushowunm: @OP... In farming or any other business money is made before you invest, its call margin of safety. Because you can't predict the output so you must control input costs. If you considering land preparation(i.e stumping right?), the budget cannot take care of it.
And in continuation of earlier comment... The manure can be applied before ploughing if its a land that have been used before, so it can be incorporated into the land.
So you will have save about N45,000 on fertilizer and application as all you need is free manure from nearby poultry, transport for the manure and the two-men job.
For Harvesting, how do you think 12,000 will cater for this, did you consider selling price of cassava, transportation to the market/processor?
On a more serious note the transporatation of 30tons to Lusada/Agbara will not cost less than 70k as of today and next 2years might be different. So, Cassava price remains as it is today, then you will be making N375,000 @ N15,000/Ton if only you have 25tons!!!

Please Olushowum, I would like to meet with you to discuss some projects my group have on hand and i believe your ideas are much needed as we are looking at developing agriculture and please i would like you to let me have your contact so i can meet with you.
Thanks a lot
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by olushowunm(m): 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Iamzuna:

Please Olushowum, I would like to meet with you to discuss some projects my group have on hand and i believe your ideas are much needed as we are looking at developing agriculture and please i would like you to let me have your contact so i can meet with you. iamzuna@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot

CHECK MY SIGNATURE...
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by hotmas911(m): 8:25am On Nov 18, 2013
We have thousands of acres
of good fertile land for sale,
lease or rent in Ogbomoso,
Oyo state. Selling from
N50,000 per acre and u can
rent at 5k per year. Our lands
are suitable for most crops.
Good roads, peaceful and
friendly people. 08060318769
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by gabacino78: 9:27am On Nov 18, 2013
Is ur leasing price is per acre or hectare?

hotmas911: We have thousands of acres
Oyo state. Selling from
Good roads, peaceful and
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by hotmas911(m): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2013
gabacino78: Is ur leasing price is per acre or hectare?

per acre
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by gabacino78: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2013
Dear investors,pls note that the above investment opportunity in cassava has been modified,we discovered that investors on this forum are very sceptical to finance projects by entreprenuers owing to the fact that majority promise what they can't deliver,due to this reason we have decided to minimise the funding by investors to 200k @ 50% ROI(Return on Investment)we are looking for just 10 investors to invest 200k each then after our first harvest we can go higher,we are now cultivating 20 hectares as against 100 we initially published this is aimed at restoring confidence in the investing public that we are genuine and committed to making this a reality,2 slots is already gone,so we have just 8 slots left,hurry up and be part of it before it's too late

gabacino78: The cultivation and processing of cassava in Nigeria holds much potential for successful investment,the crop is increasingly attracting attention and processing businesses are slowly starting to spring up all over the country.
The greater demand for cassava tubers by local industries and the government policy that 40% of high quality cassava flour be addes to 60% wwheat flour for bread production is responsible for the price increase,fresh tubers was sold for N5,000/ton in 2011,in 2012 it was N10,000/ton,presently it is N20,000 and still. Has a strong potential to increase due to demand.
In addition the raging economic growth of china has made it the largest buyer of african cassava,which it uses to feed livestock(cattle,pigs etc) and production of ethanol. China is currently responsible for more than 60% of global cassava consumption,and is still buying more from africa especially nigeria,the minister of Agriculture Dr Akinwumi Adesina recently signed MoU to supply 3m tonnes to china annually,which will be supplied by local cassava growers combine the growing profile and demand for. Cassava as a source of biofuels is a pointer to the fact that the future demand and prices for cassava is headed for the skies.

CHALLENGES OF TRADITIONAL FARMERS
The greatest challenge to ordinary farmers in nigeria is the development of a technique devoid of the usual drudgery and fatigue associated with producing the crop,they lack mechanization of appropriate production and processing tools.

OUR APPROACH
We are partnering with an agricultural NGO,African Agricultural Technology Foundation(AATF),an NGO that provides technology support to. Smallholders farmers in africa,they are already in partnership with kwara and osun state government.
We are establishing a mechanised cassava farm in ilaro,ogun state devoid of the drudgery associated with cassava production in the traditional way,we intend to achieve minimum of 25 tons/hectare as against 10 tons/hectare yield by traditional method.
We are seeking joint investment by discerning entreprenuer to cultivate about 20 hectares in the coming planting season beginning march/april 2014,the cost of cultivating 1 hectare is N200,000 therefore it will cost N4m to cultivate 20 hectares,I will provide 50% of the capital through a loan from a relative and I'm seeking 10 investors to invest 200k each for the remaining capital@ 50% ROI(return on investment)in 12 months,the breakdown is as follows:

Land lease & Preparation. 20,000
1st & 2nd plough. 20,000
Cassava stem & transport. 36,000
Planting. 10,000
Pre emergence herbicide
& application. 16,000
1st weeding. 10,000
Fertilizer & application. 52,000
2nd. Weeding. 10,000
Insecticide & application. 6,000
Miscellaneous. 8,000
Harvesting. 12,000
Total. 200,000

There is no doubt cassava cultivation is one of the best investment in nigeria at the moment has it promises a very high ROI,we are seeking investment of 200k from 10 investors to make up the remaining capital@ 50% ROI in 12 months.
If interested pls call 08081845904 or 08054144370 or email: gbenga _ag@yahoo.com, gbenga.agaba78@gmail.com.

We look forward to partnering with you and make this a reality.

Thank you.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by debeey87(m): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hmm, as much as I have interest in Agriculture, still seems confused about all this your formulations here. Thinking about it anyway
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by hotmas911(m): 6:12am On Nov 20, 2013
We have thousands of acres
Oyo state. Selling from
Good roads, peaceful and
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by boluwajokosegun: 7:31am On Nov 21, 2013
THE GREEN OIL WELL- Jatropha (Biofuel Biz)
This is new in Nigeria but not new in other countries , u can make a lot of money every year for 40 to 50 years with one time investment by being a biofuel farmer. We at eesteeresources have Jatroha plantation, as i speak we set up farm for investors & buy back the seeds after 6 months of planting the 2 months old seedlings , we sell hybrid seedling @ N40 per stand,As a member of our farmers club, we write feasibility study on agric biz, send news letter, we help to rent private/ govt land@ less than N2,500 per acre we have 300 acres of arable land in the west for lease & some for sale to interested investors who are member of our farmer’s club-registration fee is N3,500 . Presently MTN uses biofuel to run their base stations all over the country, In this business there is no waste because both oil & shaft is marketable besides there are people who plant & use the biofuel to run their generator in Oyo state more so we have foreigners waiting to buy the cake. Jatropha plant seeds for up to 50 years & seed is ready for harvest when the plant is 8 months old , Jatropha seed cake can be mixed with energy sources such as maize to compound livestock feeds, and it is relatively cheap. The juice from the leaves can be used in the treatment and prevention of many ailments. The stem can be cut and used as a chewing stick to cure bleeding gums, smelling mouth and so on. Toothpaste can be produced from it. Presently in Nigeria ceiling board is produced from Jatropha, better than asbestos, they are environmentally friendly, very cheap and affordable
“Charcoal for bleaching palm oil for the production of oil used in the making of soaps and insecticides has been produced from Jatropha. The oil is not yet used for human consumption, but it can be used in the production of pesticides.
“Jatropha is a solution provider to the problem of climate change. One plant of Jatropha absorbs about 20 kilograms of carbon dioxide per year.If you want to know more buy our comprehensive jatropha proposal- 25k
1. As I speak the house has done the first reading of a bill to include Jatropha biofuel into our petrol (10-20)%. interested persons should please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday) for more details- We are also into plantain, pineapple, palm tree, rubber ,moringa ,maize, cassava, vegetable ,melon ,watermelon ,cabbage plantation farm , you can also buy all kinds of seedlings from us. We also have quail, glasscutter, rabbit ,snail, ostrich ,Flightless-guinea fowl , imported turkey
2. Nigeria has no business importing food at all. We have everything; God has blessed this country. We have land, cheap labour, we have great sunshine and we have population to eat what we produce. Nigeria should not be importing food; Nigeria should be self-sufficient and should be a net exporting country for food

3. We also build incubators that use Jatrophat as fuel , infact we convert room to incubator. If you are a serious investor please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to 11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday)– Eesteeresources-agriculture-based entrepreneur.
agric4wealth8020..com, eesteeresources@gmail.com
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by gabacino78: 7:44am On Nov 21, 2013
debeey87: Hmm, as much as I have interest in Agriculture, still seems confused about all this your formulations here. Thinking about it anyway
what are you confused about?
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by bfmconcepts: 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
12k/Tonne of cassava? Abi I no hear well?
That seems so cheap and discouraging to starter
1 Tonne is not a joke oooooooooo. To harvest 1tonne sef na big work
Pls shed more light if am getting it wrong.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by bfmconcepts: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
hotmas911: We have thousands of acres
Oyo state. Selling from
Good roads, peaceful and

5k/Acre seems to be on a high side, send me your best price: bfmconcepts@yahoo.com
I may doing up to 5hectares
Re: Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified) by hotmas911(m): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
bfmconcepts:

5k/Acre seems to be on a high side, send me your best price: bfmconcepts@yahoo.com
I may doing up to 5hectares
give me a call 08060318769

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Here Uses Binance? / To Build Or Invest N500,000 / Nigeria MMM Is At The Verge Of Packing Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.