Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

General U.S Visa Enquiries - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S Visa Enquiries (1143 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General U.S Visa Enquiries by ajibey(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2008
I applied for US visa sometime in 2002 but was rejected and my passport stamped; at that time i used an agent because i was a little young; though i was just over 22yrs then and the agent filled in the form that i was married because he made me understand that is the only condition with which US grants visaa then while i was not but all other information was correct.
I got another passport when that one expired and have since gone to UK after that. Now i'm married and want to apply for a US visa with my wife during our vacation; i'm confused on whether to maintain i've applied for the US visa before or to just simply say i'm appliying for the first time because i currently work with a multinational company and i'm sure i would have recieved the visa easily if i had not applied before.
Anybody in the house with such related situation or anyone with any clue on how they keep records concerning the US embassy bucause i know that of UK is much more accurate.
Advice needed
Re: General U.S Visa Enquiries by redeve17: 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2008
my dear twice married man
dont bother lying at the US embassy because you will be caught and never allowed to go in there again
they have been doing fingerprint for a long time now so if when you applied for your first visa you fingerprinted then your details are in their system and dont bother lying but if not,is the name you used previously d same now,if it is then you cant change ur story
maintain 1 story to embassies for credibility
Re: General U.S Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2008
If am not mistaken you didn't finger print.
Then you can re-apply.
But if you gave all your details and it remains unchanged , then they have your every details.
So you gotta come out straight and face them.
Re: General U.S Visa Enquiries by ajibey(m): 10:16am On Jul 09, 2008
The thing tire me oooooo!!!! I'll just come out straight with the same data i used then but the names of the women are different which makes it more difficult. I think i'll just say i was once married if they ask any question about the marriage issue or what do you think?
Re: General U.S Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 12:58am On Jul 10, 2008
ajibey:

The thing tire me oooooo!!!! [b]I'll just come out straight with the same data i used then but the names of the women are different which makes it more difficult. [/b]I think i'll just say i was once married if they ask any question about the marriage issue or what do you think?

Nahhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin!You are an african mana dn meee ni Olorun wi abi na lie I talk!Just be consistent,put the name of ur current wife there now,the other one is dead or you have divorced her,the point is she is no more the current wife!Just be truthful in your application every other thing na small at least I think they still do the interview thingy now so you get to talk your way through if you are asked abt the other unreal wife!
Re: General U.S Visa Enquiries by cutey23: 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2008
can anyone confirm if medical examination is compulsory at the US embassy- i have some friends say that not everyone is askjed to go and do one while some people say its evryone that is asked to go and do a medical exam, pls who knows?/

(1) (Reply)

Affidavit Of Support Needed By Every Dv Winner? / Can Anyone Provide An Australia Visa / Birth Certifcate Re-issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.