Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? (18159 Views)

Graduates - What Is Your NUMBER 1 Pain With Regards To Your Job Search? / Over 100 Unemployed Youths Atthe National Assembly In Search Of Employment / What Unemployed Graduates Pass Through In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
God is able to assist you..

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Mickey7(m): 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
Eya but one thing that shock shocked me be say I open my indomie,I di nor see spice cry

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Thebrightest(m): 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
Toluwani2: Unemployed Graduates with DISABILITY: what is the way forward?

In our society, no organisation wants to employ people with disability, what is the way forward?
what is your disability and i may answer your question correctly.
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by vicadex07(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
BadBoy25: The way forward : Kill your self
how? Go Jump off a bridge .

You're mad...e no go better for you

4 Likes

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by blakky97(m): 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
babeonline: You can try Timeless vision foundation. They help people with disabilities.

Email: Info@timelessvision.org

Nigerian number:08068881260

Texas number:9726973272

Name of founder of the organization is Ayo Awe.

He has a disability too(one eye).
May God bless you for posting this here.
Same with the founder.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by vicadex07(m): 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Toluwani2:
i wonder o

What church do you attend? If you don't, start attending one now. Be close to your pastor and he might be able to connect you to people who can help. Pls don't loose hope. A lot of people in the outside world are wicked and have no compassion. Don't let them put you down

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by vicadex07(m): 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
BadBoy25: you deserve to be woken up from a peaceful sleep and punched on your face while stretching.

You deserve to be murdered in sleep...no one will miss you cos you're already dead to the world...soulless dog

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by ghostwritter(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2014

In our society, no organisation wants to employ people with disability, what is the way forward?
double-wahala for deadi body,
May God provide for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by vicadex07(m): 9:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mickey7: Eya but one thing that shock shocked me be say I open my indomie,I di nor see spice cry

See this one too...mental disability dey worry am. What a pity

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Bakado: There were opportunities in the 90's for the physically challenged people in the banking industry. It was the government policy that the physically challenged people being given a particular percentage in the recruitment exercise. I remmembered getting a job with UBA thru this policy then. You probably might want to exploit the opportunities. The policy was formulated by Babangida's Adminisration.

wats ur disability??
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Mickey7(m): 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07:

See this one too...mental disability dey worry am. What a pity
is your uncle get mental disability.or you works with indomie spices company? angry
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by okotv(m): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
i know of a disabled staff were i work (deaf and dumb), although he works in the technical department nevertheless he works although its a church organisation. Never give up cause there is hope.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by 1Book(m): 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2014

Even the abled graduates have been forgotten by the government and are not getting quality job offers from private organisation...Simple, the way foward is for them(Disabled) to be self employed!!!

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by room089: 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Going by the way things are in the country, this set of people will only get job in this country by special miracle from God.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by DjAndroid: 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
They are not DISABLE. They are only PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Fant(m): 11:04pm On Aug 20, 2014

The way forward is to believe in God who created you and also believe in yourself and your ability. You will also need to discover areas where you are good and make a name for yourself. God made all disabled persons with one or more special ability to do something that others have difficulty in doing.

I am writing from my personal experience. You see, I am partially blind but the irony is that those with their full sight do consult me for their computer software and Web Design troubles. Funny enough is I didn't attend any special school for coding and programing, it's not even related to what I'm studying in school.
So by the time I graduate I won't need to beg for employment, all I will do is to show myself to those who understand the value of what I carry and even if I don't get a job I don't mind because I have something in me that can have me stand on my own.

Bottom line is, getting a job is about substance not about physical disabilities or ability. And if you don't get a job then bring out the one in you.

Oh this reminds me of when I finished my secondary school and since admission was not forthcoming I decided to take a job as a teacher in a school.
I could recall the headmaster of the school asking how I intend to write on a chalkboard for students with my poor vision. I smiled and told him I can and thank God he believed it but only decided to try me out in the primary section. Within 2 months I was promoted to the secondary section. I ended spending 4 years in the school, and when I finally got admission and wanted to leave, the entire students weeped bitterly and I was awarding during the graduation ceremony as the best teacher that school has ever encountered.

I wrote at length here because I want to encourage somebody. Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by deavicky(m): 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2014

photoooo
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by deavicky(m): 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2014

disabled yet u went to school that some so called able ppl could not
attend and u see urself as disabled. Wake up u are able.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by deavicky(m): 11:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
deavicky: disabled, yet u went to school that some so called able ppl could not
attend and yet u still see urself as been disabled. Wake up u are able.
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Johnnoo(m): 11:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Enterpreneurship!!!
Else develop a skill and coys will come calling for you wink

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Etizz: 7:25am On Aug 21, 2014
OP@ TOLUWANI2: are u a physically challenge person? if Yes Den Dat does not make u a disabled person,I am a graduate of electrical engineering for sometimes now n yet no job,I do painting of building and Dats what keep me going,of Co's I can't sit down at home doing Nothing, what I understand in Nigeria's present condition is Dat u Bsc, HND,OND or NCE is just a certificate of attendance.. even while u go to skool u just have to get one or two hand work,..like seriously, when I started d painting job it required absolutely no capital just a brush and roller wish does not worth more Dan 1k,now my point is, "u alone know your condition, so sit down privately, think very well of something u can do as no condition on earth is permanent, and commit yourself to to it......but most of all,put God first.....thanks.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by delishpot: 10:10am On Aug 21, 2014
ogalanya: The greatest scam pulled on this earth is for some people to label some others disabled. My dear, disability is just a state of mind as everyone suffers from one form of disability or the other. If u want to live a
succesful life, u must emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Nobody can define you without your permission. You only need God and your skill to make it, unless you are going to the olympics.

Abeg, we know that but disability is disability, no mater how you train your mind a disability is disability. That requres extra effort to cope with what your "normal" collegues even find tiring or exhausting to their bodies so just forget about that mental slavery talk.
For an environment to be friendly to disabled people they need special facilities installed it doesnt have to be expensive but has to meet expectation and help them function. From special parking spaces to ramps for wheel chairs to special writtings and numberings to adaptable stairs or lifts etc etc, he has left the mental slavery state that was why he got his arse to school that is why he is not begging in the streets and that is why he is looking for a job.

At OP, most organisations dont employ cos they worry about how effective you will be to them, what if you must travel, get transfered, need to work overtime, need to manage an office etc etc.
To them its better to take able bodied people who they can call upon for any duty at any given time without special preparation for their arrival or movement.
The best bet for you is to work in a business where the owner will employ you for a given role and task and will not need you to do another job outside of the company or your office. Another option is to start your own small business if you can raise fund for it.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by iamtoby: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
Unemployed physically challenged graduates should endeavour to send me an email: tobyfamutimi@yahoo.com, tfamutimi@punchng.com or send a text message to 08116759798 stating clearly their discipline. Best regards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-power And Its Modern Slavery - How True? / Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Job Opening / 4 Things From Your Social Media Account Employers Dig Into

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.