Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey (21981 Views)

Sweden Opened Its Doors To Migrants Today Its The Rape Capital Of The West... / SE Is Crime Capital Of Nigeria - Survey / Thamesmead (aka "Little Lagos"): The Fraud Capital Of The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by ayando(m): 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
I can never believe this report. Enugu has always be so quiet when it comes to media reports except recently when its airport was converted to international status. Anyway,this is Nigeria.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by ojimbo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
nero2face: Enugu was rated de most peaceful state in 9ja, were tranquillity is assured, how come it became de state with highest crime again?, ...abeg make dem go survey again, am sure de result will change...long live 9ja
i lived in enugu for four years, i dont doubt if they it was recorded as the crime capital of nigeria, their youths are full of robbery and molestation, the only thing that will make you a big boy in enugu is to be a notourious cultist not even you pocket. Shame to them and the worst aspect is that they are all lazy,,,,

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by fursh(m): 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Erotex:
i pity a person who call Yorubas a Friend.

Everybody knows Enugu is a small London!!

Enugu, small london? Oh! Come off it. Stop flattering Enugu tongue

Got some yoruba friends and I could tell you that they're wonderful people. For the record, I'm not a westernner

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by blaqoracle: 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
joeluv: Abeg wetin South East d this people. Ever since enugu international airprt started functioning some people have not slept well. Enugu that is very peaceful has turned to crime capital. Nawa o..i can never take premuim times seriously again.. ever..
sharraap! is it not in enugu that a boy set a man ablaze for cocking his mother.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by ProfGday(m): 12:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
1.Igbo and crime
2.Yoruba and rituals
3.Hausa and blood shedding
4.Tiv,Indoma and warfare/tribal clash.

No where is safe in this country especially when arm robbers and dangerous being occupied the govts house. God na ur hand I dey o.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Freedani(m): 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
I dont know why we the easterners bother ourself with this kind of news. A group of Young Ogogoro Representatives of Unimportant Basic Agberos came up with a report conducted in mars,we are here wasting our time replying them
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Okeikpu(m): 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
nku5: According to this report Yobe is safer than Enugu grin

U dey mind dem... after dem don suck kai-kai finish...dem go dey write rubbish
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
nku5: According to this report Yobe is safer than Enugu grin

Then this report is fake or biased.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Onyejiuwaokoh: 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
joeluv: Abeg wetin South East d this people. Ever since enugu international airprt started functioning some people have not slept well. Enugu that is very peaceful has turned to crime capital. Nawa o..i can never take premuim times seriously again.. ever..
leave those demons alone they have not seen anything ,Enugu has started prospering and the entire east also.Let the yo-robbers go hang themselves.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by biafranqueen: 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
passion007: This is quite an 'interesting' study.
I encourage everyone to take a look at the original results of the report, not the summary given by Premium Times (You'll find the PDF at the Source link), if for nothing else, to disprove the notion that if you wanna hide something from a black man, put it in a book.
The original, unadulterated results are revealing, and I must say kudos to the researchers.
Let me post the findings here:

To begin with, Crime is a spectrum, from phone theft, to physical assault, to kidnapping, to murder.

Fear of Crime(National Average: 72%, ENUGU: 83%)
OGUN (94%) ONDO (94%) GOMBE (93%) YOBE (91%) ANAMBRA (90%)

Actual Experience of Crime:
Robbery (National Average:18%, ENUGU: 19%)
Kaduna: 43%, Akwa Ibom 42%, Cross River 39%, Anambra 32%, Niger 31%

R.ape/Attempted R.ape ( National:5%, SE:1%)
SS-10%, NE-6%, SW 4%, NW-4%, Lagos-3%, NC-3%

Kidnapping/Attempted Kidnapping (National:3%, SE:4%)
SW-5%, Lagos-4%, SE-4%, SS-4%, NW-3%, NE-3%, NC-2%

Physical Assault (National: 33%)
Enugu (84%), Ebonyi (77%), Rivers (58%), Anambra (50%), Ogun (38%)

Domestic Violence (National: 30%)
SE:43%, SW:35%, NE:35%, SS:26%, NC:19%, NW: 19%

Attempted Murder (National:5%, SE:2%)
NE:8%, SS:7%, NW:7%, SW:6%, NC:3%, SE:2%

Theft of Mobile Phone (|National Average: 45%, ENUGU: 45%)
Taraba-64%, Kwara _59%, Abia-57%, Lagos-55%, Kaduna-54%

Car Theft (National: 4%, SE:2%)
NW-6%, SS-5%, Lagos_5%, NE-4%, SW-3%, SE-2%, NC-1%

Armed Violence other than Robbery (National: 4%, SE:1%)
NE:11%, SS-9%, NC-3%, NW-3%, Lagos-2%, SW-1%, SE-1%

My Conclusion:
I have taken the stress of posting these findings as they appear in the original study.
If I have learnt anything from this thread, it's that the campaign of calumny against SouthEasterners is far from imagined. I dont know the guys at Premium Times, and don"t want to speculate what their intents are, but they should certainly be taken seriously.
Igbos need to find out the guys at Premium Times ASAP, those guys are out to destroy you by peddling lies, and distorting research findings to align with their lies .
After all, based on the research findings:

SW is the Kidnap Capital of Nigeria

Besides, a few months ago, we had this report:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/22/ig-of-police-declares-enugu-safest-state-in-nigeria/
I challenge all NL to visit the actual findings and see that this is a pure smear campaign, Enugu where we visit and vacation with small children crime capital? the only finding against Enugu and the SE is that Igbos have tempers that can lead to physical fight, and domestic violence but armed robbery, kidnapping,rape, attempt be murder is higher in SS check the real report out, before you start vomiting nonsense about people. Instead of fighting other tribes you should channel that energy to the corrupt leaders, that have 90% on average failed to make you feel safe in our own country. This tribalism is very dangerous and counterproductive to progress. Divide and conquer is the way the elite is keeping us powerless. Shame on the online blog that distorted the facts and shame on the mods for posting this to the front page without first reading the genuine report!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by sheniqua: 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
yunglykmine: Where would you likely be a victim of crime in Nigeria? See the safest and most dangerous states in Nigeria.

Enugu State, in the south east, is the official crime capital of Nigeria, a crime perception survey released on Monday in Abuja has said.

At least 70 per cent of respondents to the survey in Enugu admitted they were victims of crime in the past year, the 2013 National Crime Victimization and Safety Survey conducted by CLEEN Foundation showed.

The national average was 25 per cent – one in every four Nigerian. The survey showed a progressive decrease in the number of victims of crime in Nigeria.

“There has been a six per cent decrease
in actual experience of crime from the 31 per cent recorded in 2012 to the current 25 percent,” the report said.

The report surveyed for crimes like robbery, kidnapping, physical assault, phone and car theft, rape and attempted rape, domestic violence, attempted murder and other crimes.

The Crime Victimization Survey used data collected across Nigeria between June and July 2013.

Closely following Enugu State is its neighbour, Ebonyi, where at least 65 per cent – at least three in every five residents – were victims of crime.

Ekiti state, in southwest Nigeria, shares the same crime records with Ebonyi State. More than three in every five respondents admitted they were victims of crime last year.

Ogun State, a neighbour to Lagos is the safest state in Nigeria with only about one in every 20 citizens admitting they were victims of crimes last year.

Katsina State in Northwest Nigeria is the next safest. Only about one in every 10 residents was a victim of crime last year.

Lagos State recorded 18 percent.

Borno and Yobe, despite being the hotbed for Boko Haram attacks recorded seemingly low crime rates, according to the report. Only about one in every four resident admitted being victims of crime last year. Boko Haram militants have murdered over 1,500 people in the states since launching a vicious attack against government establishments, security agencies, religious places and the residents.

At a geopolitical level, the South East recorded the highest number of crimes with 44 per cent of respondents complaining they were victims. The North West recorded the lowest score of 18 per cent crime rate.

On a gender scale, more men than women fell victims of crimes in Nigeria last year.

“Further (segregation) by gender indicates that more men (27%) had actual experience than women (23%),” the report said.

Irony of feeling

Although Ogun State recorded the lowest actual experience of crime, almost everyone in the state fear they would become victims of crime.

The findings of the 2013 survey indicated that 94 per cent of Ogun residents fear they are likely victims of crime. In actual sense, only one in 20 was a victim of crime.

On a national scale, more than 7 out of 10 Nigerians had the fear of becoming victims of crime last year.

The people who feel safest are those in
Benue and Taraba States. Only 38 per cent of residents in those state had fears of becoming victims of crime. One in four residents of Benue state were victims of crime last year, and not more than one in every six in Taraba.

“Analysing by gender, 73 percent of
females feared becoming victims of crime compared to 71 percent of males,” the report said.

“Overall, these findings are meant to assist the government, police and the entire criminal justice administration system to better understand emerging trends in crime and safety in Nigeria and consequently, to refine and deploy improved strategies to resolve the country’s current challenges of security and safety,” the authors, CLEEN Foundation, said.

The survey was conducted with support from the Macarthur Foundation.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/147014-enugu-crime-capital-nigeria-survey.html

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/22/ig-of-police-declares-enugu-safest-state-in-nigeria/

Nigeria’s Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Abubakar has declared Enugu State as having the lowest crime rate in the country.

Abubakar, who was speaking on Wednesday while taking delivery of one hundred brand new vehicles donated to the police by the Enugu State Government, stated that the fact was buttressed by statistics and empirical evidence.

He noted that this was largely as a result of the tremendous support that the administration of Governor Sullivan Chime had been giving to the police and other security agencies.

[size=18pt]He said: “Today, I can confirm, as the Inspector-General of Police, that Enugu State has the lowest crime rate in Nigeria. I also confirm that Enugu is one the safest places in Nigeria.
[/size]
“This is the result of the wonderful partnership between the Enugu State Government, the Police and other security agencies”.

He commended Governor Sullivan Chime for the gesture, saying it was an example that his colleagues should emulate.

“I commend you (Chime) for this gesture. This is a shining example for your colleagues to emulate. This a practical demonstration that you love and care for your people and that you understand what it takes to provide security of lives and property”, he added.

The Inspector General said the latest donation of vehicles by the government was unprecedented in the sense that it included both patrol vans and sedans (saloon cars) adding that it fell in line with the new policy objective of his administration to move away from vans as is the practice in advanced countries.

He also praised Governor Chime for the massive road development programme in the state, noting that the provision of streetlights on the major roads of Enugu metropolis was of great assistance to the police in their war against crime in the state.

Alhaji Abubakar promised that with the vehicles “a new brand of policing would commence in Enugu State because police officers would be adequately trained in the use of the vehicles.”

Stressing that the gesture was a challenge to the police. He charged officers and men of the Enugu State Police command to use the vehicles only for their stated purposes to rid the state of criminals,warning that any abuse or misuse of the vehicles by the officers would be sanctioned.

Earlier, while presenting the vehicles consisting of fifty patrol vans and fifty cars, Governor Chime remarked that it had been the policy of his administration since inception to partner with the police in order to maintain peace and security in the state.

He disclosed that the vehicles were provided in partnership with local government councils and were fully equipped with modern communication gadgets.

The Governor added that the saloon cars would be used for patrols within the metropolis, while the vans were to cover inter-government routes and the borders.
Chime said that his government was determined to ensure that the people would feel the presence of the police wherever they were, adding that in the event of any incidence of crime, the police would appear within five minutes of receiving any alarm or emergency notice.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Chamackh(m): 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
sanniemoe:

u blood is so full, U must be a BLOODY FOOL.... hehehe
back to sender!!!
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by sheniqua: 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
Chi Anyi ka nke unu

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tbken: nwanne tinye imi na otele okuko...ighotaa?
Tinye nke gi na ike m.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Okeikpu(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
Na who wrote dis nonsense sef...
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by mrperfect(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
People should be careful of kind of thing they post in internet.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by sheniqua: 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
passion007: This is quite an 'interesting' study.
I encourage everyone to take a look at the original results of the report, not the summary given by Premium Times (You'll find the PDF at the Source link), if for nothing else, to disprove the notion that if you wanna hide something from a black man, put it in a book.
The original, unadulterated results are revealing, and I must say kudos to the researchers.
Let me post the findings here:

To begin with, Crime is a spectrum, from phone theft, to physical assault, to kidnapping, to murder.

Fear of Crime(National Average: 72%, ENUGU: 83%)
OGUN (94%) ONDO (94%) GOMBE (93%) YOBE (91%) ANAMBRA (90%)

Actual Experience of Crime:
Robbery (National Average:18%, ENUGU: 19%)
Kaduna: 43%, Akwa Ibom 42%, Cross River 39%, Anambra 32%, Niger 31%

R.ape/Attempted R.ape ( National:5%, SE:1%)
SS-10%, NE-6%, SW 4%, NW-4%, Lagos-3%, NC-3%

Kidnapping/Attempted Kidnapping (National:3%, SE:4%)
SW-5%, Lagos-4%, SE-4%, SS-4%, NW-3%, NE-3%, NC-2%

Physical Assault (National: 33%)
Enugu (84%), Ebonyi (77%), Rivers (58%), Anambra (50%), Ogun (38%)

Domestic Violence (National: 30%)
SE:43%, SW:35%, NE:35%, SS:26%, NC:19%, NW: 19%

Attempted Murder (National:5%, SE:2%)
NE:8%, SS:7%, NW:7%, SW:6%, NC:3%, SE:2%

Theft of Mobile Phone (|National Average: 45%, ENUGU: 45%)
Taraba-64%, Kwara _59%, Abia-57%, Lagos-55%, Kaduna-54%

Car Theft (National: 4%, SE:2%)
NW-6%, SS-5%, Lagos_5%, NE-4%, SW-3%, SE-2%, NC-1%

Armed Violence other than Robbery (National: 4%, SE:1%)
NE:11%, SS-9%, NC-3%, NW-3%, Lagos-2%, SW-1%, SE-1%

My Conclusion:
I have taken the stress of posting these findings as they appear in the original study.
If I have learnt anything from this thread, it's that the campaign of calumny against SouthEasterners is far from imagined. I dont know the guys at Premium Times, and don"t want to speculate what their intents are, but they should certainly be taken seriously.
Igbos need to find out the guys at Premium Times ASAP, those guys are out to destroy you by peddling lies, and distorting research findings to align with their lies .

After all, based on the research findings:

SW is the Kidnap Capital of Nigeria

Besides, a few months ago, we had this report:

Thanks for the above
The continued smear campaign by Mukinatu and nairaland on Igbos will continue to fall flat on their faces
The truth stands out in the midst of falsehood
Shame on them all
Now anyone interested can read the actual figures if they really care about the truth.
And please do not delete this post or thread
Any Igbo child reading this thread ought to see befitting responses to all the trash campaign you eediots have peddled for so long .
Kitikpa rachaa kwa unu anya

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by klax(m): 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
Doff_Man:

All one has to do is read your historic posts to see why some people have problems with Yorubas like you.

You are one of the most biaised and bigoted people on nairaland. I really have to hand it to you, because it takes a lot of "something" to be consistently negative about Igbos; day after day, week after week, year after year. Whenever there's any news relating to Igbos, you ate sure to be there. No letting up, no slipping. It makes we wonder what the end game is? What do you guys (both Igbo and Yoruba) hope to achieve? Score brownie points? An ego thing? Remember there are millions of impressionable youths in Nigeria who now have access to internet and are following these threads. They probably have never had any problems with the other tribe in real life but are now being forced to take sides and believe the other tribe hates them. Its beginig to affect their music (afrobeat) because they believe they all have to take sides (see recent negative comments about psquare, wizkid etc). The once dominant Naija afrobeat is bring polarised along ethnic lines (to the advantage of Ghana) so much that fellow Africans now know that davido is yoruba and flavour is Igbo, when they were previously just Nigerians. Can the same be said of the Ghanaian musicians? Do you know what tribes they belong to? After the music industry, then what next as these millions of youths grow older?

Do you guys actually realise what the results of your crude oil inflated egos are leading to? Is Nigeria ertanally cursed?

Bros may almighty God Bless you i'm really moved by what you have just said. I had talked here on so many occasion about this sort of hate that has brewed up within our younger generation for us to put an end to all these sort of barbaric attitude but instead for some folks here on NL to join hands together and lets stop this cancer tribalism eating our flesh daily they rather even attackfd me and began to call me names this is very unfortunate that in 21st century we the younger generation all our brain could be this branded up in fierce tribal rants and hate its a big shame.

I don't care either Enugu is Crime State or Crime Haven the people that compiled the research either they are bias or not does not mean this thread should ends up going the way of tribal war. Cant some double concrete brain living human use their quality time on something sensible than just come to NL like a loose rabbis Dog ranting hate and tribalism Is it everything that concern any part of the country should always goes down tribal war?? This is so annoying, embarrassing, disgusting and too disgraceful upon all education we claimed to have its a show of shame.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Freedani(m): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
God bless u! They are just that way
Edoboy1: Now take a look at the report. They claim Ogun is the safest state and yet her people has the highest anticipation for fear. Imagine some body running when no one is pursuing? That's exactly who the yorubas are, you come here insulting other tribes like Edo. You claim to have lots of charms and yet can defend it, charms defend the brave and the strong,that's what makes the Edos Thick. I am tired of the forums because of what the yorubas come here to do. Always mouthy and when they are at a distance. Run that mouth when you see an Edo person face-2-face.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by sheniqua: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
Onyejiuwa okoh: leave those demons alone they have not seen anything ,Enugu has started prospering and the entire east also.Let the yo-robbers go hang themselves.

Gbam!
Na their funeral
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by shehuAO: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
One thing with this country, we hardly accept simple facts, everywhere is politicised, ethnic tribalism, sectionalism, all what not. We cannot accept simple facts.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
waternogetenemy: FAKE SURVEY. OFEM MANU PRESS. ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS RISING AS WE SPEAK. HATERS GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER

The IG said Enugu State was the most peaceful yet a colleague of his, the Commissioner of Police of Kwara State, was killed in Enugu. What do you make of this? I dey laugh.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Afam4eva(m): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
This report is preposterous. If people want to lie, they should lie with caution. Enugu state is the wrongest state to call the most unsafe, so i don't know how these people arrived at this conclusion. I've noticed some bad reportage of Enugu since international flights started landing and taking of from Enugu and i'm forced to believe that some people are out to tarnish the image of Enugu whichever way they can. First it was Enugu being dirty despite the fact that Enugu is one of the cleanest states in Nigeria and now this. This is the reason why i keep telling more South-Easterners to open more media houses else Igbos will be annihilated with media propaganda.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
The IG said Enugu State was the most peaceful yet a colleague of his, the Commissioner of Police of Kwara State, was killed in Enugu. What do you make of this? I dey laugh.
Is there any state where people don't get killed. Are you saying Enugu deserves the spot as the most crime ridden state because of the fact that the commissioner was killed there? Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
yim:
go back to your village. EWU.

Tell that to ur entire kindred.....akwuna muo!
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by mascot87(m): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
[size=25pt]I pray the sovereign national conference leads to the division of this forceful marriage caller Nigeria.What is the purpose of conducting a survey on which state is the most peaceful or not? A crime plague in one part of the country should be a pain to all other parts if we are truly one and we should collectively try and stop it.If this tribalistic comments should continue every time a negative news about a state/region is made,then why are we calling ourselves one Nigeria?The earlier we accept the fact that we can't be together, the better for us before the hatred elastic limit is exceeded.[/size]
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by chalxdon(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Abeg, which Enugu is the report talking about? The Enugu i know or another one? Enugu remains a very peaceful state with very minimal incidences of crime. I never saw or heard any body involved in the survey, and if the survey was actually carried out, Enugu won't even get near the top. Survey reports in Nigeria are always baseless and unfounded reports. They just print a survey template, fill in random figures, manipulate figures at the comforts of their offices/homes and call it whatever they like. #Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by sundyke107: 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Chamackh: Just because of what Stella Oduah did wjth AIIA Enugu that these bitter soul are not happy with, NDi Igbo mepee nu anya, they don't want the Enugu airport to be viable, they want us to remain in servitude so the their region could keep prospering and developing. That is the main reason why they championing for Oduah's sack. I pity those so called Igbos that they deceive easily. Wether they like it or not Igbo land must prosper in Jesus Name Amen

God bless you! This by chance is one of the prudent post I have read from a South Easterner....Spaciba!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by biafranqueen: 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Afam4eva: This report is preposterous. If people want to lie, they should lie with caution. Enugu state is the wrongest state to call the most unsafe, so i don't know how these people arrived at this conclusion. I've noticed some bad reportage of Enugu since international flights started landing and taking of from Enugu and i'm forced to believe that some people are out to tarnish the image of Enugu whichever way they can. First it was Enugu being dirty despite the fact that Enugu is one of the cleanest states in Nigeria and now this. This is the reason why i keep telling more South-Easterners to open more media houses else Igbos will be annihilated with media propaganda.
number 8 in NL rules is clearly broken here how did this reach front page without the mod checking the actual report

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by sheniqua: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
You see how all the enemies are unable to speak
Shame on whoever put up this thread on FP
People have answered you well
Now go look through the sewers for another crime news from the SE to put up here and bring you traffic
Eediots

If you are not comfortable with the progress in the SE and Enugu
Go and hang
No apologies
Your smear campaign will not work

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by CIMTHOG: 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
@gidson12 and @chima12: Why do you choose to take a tribalistic view of this report. In what way does this report point to being done by a Yoruba person? How does it benefit Yorubas?? Please let us stop fighting amongst ourselves or pointing accusing fingers at our tribes/religions while the thieves/criminals/offenders (our leaders) are smiling and getting away with the loot.

@Chamackh: I'm sorry but you have missed the point, in as much as i think the report might not be as close to accurate as we would have expected but the fact that you have attributed a silly misguided extract of the report by Premium Times to mean some people "want us (Igbos) to remain in servitude so that their region could keep prospering and developing" is reason we (Nigeria) are not moving forward. we see ourselves as different people from another "country", this is one Nigeria and we must be one if we are to move this country of ours forward. Our leaders know we are not united and that is why when s/he commits an offence and is exposed the first thing s/he says is "I am being witch-hunted because i am from XYZ state", sadly too some of us from his/her state jump on the bandwagon of such frivolous camouflages thereby evading the crux of the matter which is simply that s/he has committed an offence and must face the law irrespective of where s/he is from.
We need to go beyond tribalism, religion, politicking, and segmentation if we are to get our leaders to do the right thing.

A common saying terribly holds sway in this country "Divided we fall, United we stand."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Declare Amina Mukta Missing In Minna (Photo) / Prophet Threatens To Kill Widow After Defrauding Her Of N18m / PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.