Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal (6821 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 22, 2013
Despite the attempt by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to divert attention away from the N255 million spent procuring two armoured cars for the Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, her troubles refuse to go away as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may have decided to probe the deal.

Sources informed THISDAY that the commission has started making preliminary investigations into the contract and could start probing the exorbitant purchase of the cars that was believed to have bypassed due process.

Since the story broke that the NCAA bought two BMW 760 LI armoured cars for the use of the minister, there has been a growing clamour for President Goodluck Jonathan to sack her if she fails to resign.

However, the NCAA Director-General, Dr. Fola Akinkuotu, denied that the cars were for the minister, saying that the agency bought them for operational purposes.

“The cars are operational vehicles used in the various operations of the NCAA transporting the minister and aviation related foreign dignitaries as part of its operations,” he had said at a news conference at the weekend in Abuja.

Besides the EFCC, which has launched a preliminary probe into the purchase of the two bulletproof cars for the minister, the House of Representatives has indicated its readiness to investigate the transaction as soon as it returns from Sallah break.

However, the Senate has not taken any decision yet on the controversial transaction.
Vice Chairman of Senate Committee on Aviation, Senator Babayo Gamawa, told THISDAY yesterday that the issues needed to be put in proper perspectives before a decision could be taken on it.

According to him, the first step to take was to visit the Bureau for Public Procurement (BPP) as well as the audit department to find out if the purchase of the car actually followed due process and whether a proper audit was done before the delivery of the cars.
Gamawa, who represents Bauchi North Senatorial District in the Senate, noted that it was necessary to check if due process was really observed before the purchase.

He made the remarks bearing in mind that attention had not been concentrated on whether due process was observed at all for the purchase or not.

The senator, who declined to give an official reaction to the controversial deal, said it would not be right for him to comment on the issue when the upper chamber had not adopted a resolution on the matter.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/efcc-moves-to-probe-oduah-s-n255m-armoured-car-deal/162309/
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 22, 2013
The EFCC probe should be a fair process, there should be no undue pressure on the agency.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Keffebabe(f): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2013
Uhmmmmmm.Nigeria
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by TreasuredGlory: 9:16am On Oct 22, 2013
Oya, let's go there.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 22, 2013
Stupid set of people! One thing about Nigeria is that when you're caught,the same people you wine and dined with will use you as a scape goat! From the air-crash to being Jonathan's mistress to Falana the Pervert...and now its an armoured car! Nigerians derive pleasure in piling up pressure upon pressure on people until they give up...Give her some air,please! Its a known fact that most people buckle under pressure and say things they dont wanna say...Its perfectly normal! We're all human beings...By the way,I'm neutral when it comes to politics and shiit in Nigeria...but I guess I've made my point! No insults,por favor...
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Big4wig(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2013
Ride on efcc

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by safarigirl(f): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2013
To fulfill all righteousness and shut the noisemakers up. They should stop wasting tax payers' money on eediotic investigations abeg.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Lahute: 9:20am On Oct 22, 2013
She should just resign honorably, she has done enough harm already. smh

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by kommiejewel(f): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2013
The senator, who declined to give an official reaction to the
controversial deal, said it would not be right for him to comment on the
issue when the upper chamber had not adopted a resolution on the
matter.
i.e He cannot categorically tell u one thin while his Oga @ d top will say another. .cheesy

7 Likes

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by kizzyboi: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2013
Oduh stella plz resign oooooo

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by sauceEEP(m): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2013
EFCC is just a toothless bulldog, after probing and the accused gets indicted what next? This is another case that will be swept under the carpet just like the subsidy brouhaha.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2013
kommiejewel:
matter.
i.e He cannot categorically tell u one thin while his Oga @ d top will say another. .cheesy
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by hairbraiding: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2013
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by saintneo(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2013
Only people without dreams and checks will go against this probe. I pray Stella fly like an eagle in this terrible storm generated by amplified hatred, corruption, ethnic bias.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by DrWhizy(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2013
But y the probe na ?

It was only an act of God. grin cheesy
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Donnest4u(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2013
She's been wasteful. I think she should resign. We don't need Wasteful ministers.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Lucaskid(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2013
efcc do ur job,we no need person wey dey go dey talk say plane crash na "act of god" #resign oo no think say dat ur bullet proof car go stop efcc work.Lmao
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Lilimax(f): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2013
Let EFCC do their job...
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by naptu2: 9:28am On Oct 22, 2013
CFCfan: The EFCC probe should be a fair process, there should be no undue pressure on the agency.

I agree with you.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 22, 2013
I think this news is aimed at pacifying the minds aggrieved Nigerians for the mean time... Like that of the pension thieves.

They re just trying to buy time for themselves.

Mtcheeewwww...
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by naptu2: 9:29am On Oct 22, 2013
kommiejewel:
matter.

grin grin grin
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Tafee(m): 9:29am On Oct 22, 2013
which country be this self?
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by prodam(m): 9:32am On Oct 22, 2013
The same EFCC we have lost confidence in?..
BTW, is it beyond the jurisdiction of the legislative arm to check-mate the executive?
Is this how the transformation agenda of this current administration works?
Youths are at home due to the ineptitude on the part of this same government with false claims that the Nation doesn't have enough money to revitalise its universities-the place where tomorrow leaders will be trained, the same place they all passed through, yet a huge sum of amount was approved and used to satisfy the superfluous needs of an individual, a public servant for that matter.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by takedat(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2013
CFCfan: Despite the attempt by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to divert attention away from the N255 million spent procuring two armoured cars for the Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, her troubles refuse to go away as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may have decided to probe the deal.
chamber had not adopted a resolution on the matter.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/efcc-moves-to-probe-oduah-s-n255m-armoured-car-deal/162309/

I am glad that This Day Newspaper, which cannot be regarded as a SW-owned newspaper, is aware that desperate attempts are being made to distract and divert away attention from this scandal.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by paranorman(m): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2013
Oduah got it all wrong. Her timing is wrong. Despite the many air travel mishap that happened recently, this is the last thing that should be 'credited' to the minister/jonathan's administration. Some people will come here and start formin ethnic-biaz. Ogbeni! Corrruption is corruption. Jonathan's administration has suffered so much from the corruption libel. I don't think he would want this added to that list( would he?!). The most honourable thing is for her to resign. The fact tht she couldnt keep calm durin the interview to the extent of using the offensive and blamin it all up on tribal issues is very not professional, haba. Even artists knows what to say when asked 'anonying' questions let alone someone in position of authority of this great nation (Imagin jonathan blarin up on CNN). God bless Jonathan, God bless Nigeria, God bless me!
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by pembisco(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2013
Mtcheew! Afta a year, d new chieft justice of FCT wil withdraw d case againt her! GEJ is a f.ool aswear.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Myque1(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2013
Isn't this Nigeria?
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by shangpearlz(f): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2013
Tafee: which country be this self?

BIAFRA
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2013
Shouldn't it be EFCC "probes" Stella Odua?
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Cubeet: 9:42am On Oct 22, 2013
She should be probed with fairness. What is she still even doing in that ministerial seat sef? She should hve been sacked.
Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by Pretyangel25(f): 9:44am On Oct 22, 2013
No be Nigeria we dey again, let's jst wait and see

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal by LemonBoy1: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2013
B4 I pass a verdict to nail ds woman ( I feel for dt her fine daughter sha) abeg let's consider this

1.Did d procurement process follow due process?
2. Though we know that BMW cars r actually expensive how many units were purchased?
3. From where were they purchased and was the vendor d best or most affordable choice (financially)?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senators Seek Life Imprisonment For Rapists / Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument / Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.