Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,433 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:18 PM

"Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions (6161 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / The Cowardice Of Atheism / Deleted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 23, 2013
honeychild:

May not contain his name. ....but I am finding that a great number of views I have heard you express are his.

like what?

What Dawkinsian ideas have I been parading here?
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by Enigma(m): 8:02am On Oct 23, 2013
ajayikayod:

Well, they mit be thinking it, i m not thinking it, i know it is. So if anyone think otherwise d person can give me a simple definition/meaning of ATHEISM.

I've just noticed that I forgot to include tye link in my first post. Here it is: https://www.nairaland.com/765094/heard-there-different-kinds-atheism/2#9227593

I have also edited the first post. smiley
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 8:07am On Oct 23, 2013
Enigma:

I've just noticed that I forgot to include tye link in my first post. Here it is: https://www.nairaland.com/765094/heard-there-different-kinds-atheism/2#9227593

I have also edited the first post. smiley

Link not necessary, i answered u earlier.
Well, they mit be thinking it, i m not thinking it, i know it is. So if anyone think otherwise d person can give me a simple definition/meaning of ATHEISM.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 8:08am On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

like what?

What Dawkinsian ideas have I been parading here?

U both preach d same message. I guess u ar a Darwinist
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 23, 2013
ajayikayod:

U both preach d same message. I guess u ar a Darwinist

smh.... undecided
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 9:20am On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

smh.... undecided

good for u.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by truthislight: 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

My profile page is there...247 threads.....how many even contain the mention of Dawkins?

honeychild:

May not contain his name. ....but I am finding that a great number of views I have heard you express are his.

Ask logic boy which of his profile ?

Logicboy 1, logicboy 2, logicboy 3, macdady 1, macdady 2 macdady 3 ? Etc etc. Which of his profilesssssss ?

When all of his profiles has been confirm as not mentioning Dowwwwwkkkkkkiiiiinnnnnnssss, we will belief him on his claims cool
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by plaetton: 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
honeychild:

Two or more people who reject the idea of an omni omni skydaddy would naturally use the same lines of argument to refute all ridiculous notions of god.
I mean, in how different ways can a person say no to bullshyt?

2 Likes

Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
plaetton:
Two or more people who reject the idea of an omni omni skydaddy would naturally use the same lines of argument to refute all ridiculous notions of god.
I mean, in how different ways can a person say no to bullshyt?

Evangelist, ar u still denying ur Prophet?
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by plaetton: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
ajayikayod:

Evangelist, ar u still denying ur Prophet?
Stop being silly.
Let me prophesy that your children, no matter how much you brainwash them now, will throw away al your religious bullshyt into the garbage bin as soon they free,and so will your grandchildren.
Bottom line?
Your religious bullshyt ends with you and your generation.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
truthislight:

Ask logic boy which of his profile ?

Logicboy 1, logicboy 2, logicboy 3, macdady 1, macdady 2 macdady 3 ? Etc etc. Which of his profilesssssss ?

When all of his profiles has been confirm as not mentioning Dowwwwwkkkkkkiiiiinnnnnnssss, we will belief him on his claims cool

Its been a long day......pass me the ganja
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
plaetton:
Stop being silly.
Let me prophesy that your children, no matter how much you brainwash them now, will throw away al your religious bullshyt into the garbage bin as soon they free,and so will your grandchildren.
Bottom line?
Your religious bullshyt ends with you and your generation.

Seems u ar practicing ur aspiration of becoming one of ur prophets, why not ask ur Prophet Hawkings or High Priest Darwin to show u way.

NL still alive, Prophet plaetton, i will call/post u when they grow up serving d Lord, doing great for Christ, putting to shame d ignorance of ur belief, then u will hav to Prophesy again.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ooman(m): 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
ajayikayod:

Atheist Evangelist ooman,
I m surprise u agreed wit d Op in ur 1st statement and then made a blunder again in ur last statement. i tot d Op made it clear that in ur holybook ur Prophet said God is "not technically disprovable but is very improbable". (inherent confusion in statement sha). Hmmm, truly logical.

Sorry this took a long time, but its better late than never, and besides, i have something to clear

Assuming I believe that there is an invisible Flying Pig holding the earth in place, and i offered no proof of my Flying Pig except for my faith, then you can as well claim my Flying Pig does not exist by reason of not believing in my Flying Pig, its as simple as that..
As Hitchens already said, that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence too...

There is no evidence for any god, but because gods exist in people's head, the best position of an atheist is to say Yahweh doesnt probably exist, just as we can say the Flying Pig does not probably exist, but cannot really prove both as non existent
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 8:17am On Oct 24, 2013
ooman:

Sorry this took a long time, but its better late than never, and besides, i have something to clear

Assuming I believe that there is an invisible Flying Pig holding the earth in place, and i offered no proof of my Flying Pig except for my faith, then you can as well claim my Flying Pig does not exist by reason of not believing in my Flying Pig, its as simple as that..
As Hitchens already said, that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence too...

There is no evidence for any god, but because gods exist in people's head, the best position of an atheist is to say Yahweh doesnt probably exist, just as we can say the Flying Pig does not probably exist, but cannot really prove both as non existent

Actually, u r d one who carries god in ur head who is yet to reveal itself to u but working in u. U r just contradicting urself in all ur claims. Did u missed any of ur foundation classes. I ve told u ur Prophet Hawkins knows better.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ooman(m): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2013
ajayikayod:

Actually, u r d one who carries god in ur head who is yet to reveal itself to u but working in u. U r just contradicting urself in all ur claims. Did u missed any of ur foundation classes. I ve told u ur Prophet Hawkins knows better.

ok
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by davidhume1: 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
ajayikayod:

Why are y'all trying to foist the notion of an atheist prophet on us?
We have no dogma, no leaders, and no "holy" books.

The absurdity of religion is clear for anyone bold enough to question the status-quo!!!
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
david_hume:

Why are y'all trying to foist the notion of an atheist prophet on us?
We have no dogma, no leaders, and no "holy" books.

The absurdity of religion is clear for anyone bold enough to question the status-quo!!!

Darwinist, pls can u define wat a religion is? Just give me a simple definition. Then we will kno whr u belong.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by jayriginal: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2013
honeychild: So I finally bit the bullet and bought what seems to be the "Holy Book" of nairaland atheists: Richard Dawkins' "The God delusion".
Wondering what made you buy the book. That aside, I see no reason why you should get the impression that that book is the "Holy Book" of nairaland atheists. People dont quote it, people hardly quote Dawkins and Dawkins has written several similar books before and after it.

You are generalizing and projecting.

I have only read up to the 4th chapter so far, but I must say reading it is a pleasant surprise. Judging by the obnoxious and gratuitous insults spewed on this board by his more prominent disciples- I was expecting to be assaulted on each page with insults to God and of course me for being so unintelligent as to have faith.

Ok (Uyi Iredia style)

On the contrary, what I find is that the eminent scientist is wise enough to know that he doesn't know everything. Logicboy and Ooman please take note: the default atheist position is not "There is no God". But "God, though not technically disprovable, is very very improbable indeed. "

LogicBoy has never said "there is no God" at least to the best of my knowledge. Stop generalizing. Ooman, I cant really say though I think he declares positively that God doesnt exist.

I am also highly impressed with his willingness to concede when he has made a mistake. For instance, I had earlier watched a debate he had with John Lennox in which he was taken to tax for stating in an earlier edition that there is controversy amongst historians about whether or not Jesus really lived. He was quick to acknowledge that he was wrong, and I noticed that in this edition he makes the statement "although Jesus probably existed....."

Ok. (Uyi come collect your royalties)

So, my question to nairaland atheists is: Why do you think it is a necessary part of being atheist to insult every one who is not and to be gratuitously crude, vulgar and obnoxious?

You are generalizing again.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by jayriginal: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2013
ajayikayod:

Link not necessary, i answered u earlier.

Burn!
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by davidhume1: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2013
ajayikayod:

Darwinist, pls can u define wat a religion is? Just give me a simple definition. Then we will kno whr u belong.

Lmao
Darwinist?! Are u for real? Y'all crack me up big time cheesy cheesy

I think the dictionary defines it better than i ever could:
RELIGION;
noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow.
-Idiom
9. get religion, Informal.
(a) to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
(b) to resolve to mend one's errant ways: The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
jayriginal:

Burn!

Sorry, I dont understand dt
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
david_hume:

Lmao
Darwinist?! Are u for real? Y'all crack me up big time cheesy cheesy

I think the dictionary defines it better than i ever could:
RELIGION;
noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow.
-Idiom
9. get religion, Informal.
(a) to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
(b) to resolve to mend one's errant ways: The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.

I highlighted whr ur religion fits in and if u disagree on dt u can hav ds.

I belief u kno dt ATHIESM IS ABOUT DISBELIEF. Every disbelief comes from a stand of believin in somethings or knowledge.
So far dt u hav a set of disbelief (belief) concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of superpower, u r a religion sect.

Actually some of ur sect ar called Darwinist. Its a matter of time, u guys will b bold enough to start meeting together.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by davidhume1: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
ajayikayod:

I belief u kno dt ATHIESM IS ABOUT DISBELIEF. Every disbelief comes from a stand of believin in somethings or knowledge.
So far dt u hav a set of disbelief (belief) concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of superpower, u r a religion sect.

Actually some of ur sect ar called Darwinist. Its a matter of time, u guys will b bold enough to start meeting together.

By your narrow analogy, every doctor belongs to the religion of medicine. Since they all have a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons?

I tire for you o!
undecided undecided
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
david_hume:

By your narrow analogy, every doctor belongs to the religion of medicine. Since they all have a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons?

I tire for you o!
undecided undecided

Evangelist david_hume, in dt my narrow analogy i discovered dt bein a doctor is a profession, Is atheism a profession too. Doctors as medical professionals may hav religion, beliefs, disbelief outside d profession as we hav scientists who ar Christians, atheist etc. But atheism is clearly not a profession its a religion of disbelief as Christianity is about belief in God thru Christ.

See, u hav been lured into a religion of denial unknowingly. Its not glaring now to u followers but will come clear later.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by davidhume1: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
ajayikayod:

Evangelist david_hume, in dt my narrow analogy i discovered dt bein a doctor is a profession, Is atheism a profession too. Doctors as medical professionals may hav religion, beliefs, disbelief outside d profession as we hav scientists who ar Christians, atheist etc. But atheism is clearly not a profession its a religion of disbelief as Christianity is about belief in God thru Christ.

See, u hav been lured into a religion of denial unknowingly. Its not glaring now to u followers but will come clear later.

So, enlighten me. What are the "SPECIFIC FUNDAMENTAL set of beliefs and PRACTICES generally agreed upon" by all atheists?
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
david_hume:

So, enlighten me. What are the "SPECIFIC FUNDAMENTAL set of beliefs and PRACTICES generally agreed upon" by all atheists?

I m not in position to enlighten u, u r already in fellowship wit them so u will get total enlightenment soon but i hop u ll b able to stand such then.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
ajayikayod:

Going by the definition you highlighted, what exactly do atheists practice?
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
rationalmind:

Going by the definition you highlighted, what exactly do atheists practice?

Its a pity u learnt so much about wat Christians practice and kno little about ur own religion. I dont jump around religion neither am i ur member, so i m not in a position to tell u wat u practice, if u dont kno it then try attend to ur classes and fellowshps well then u will kno. Some of ur evangelists can help u out.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
ajayikayod:

Its a pity u learnt so much about wat Christians practice and kno little about ur own religion. I dont jump around religion neither am i ur member, so i m not in a position to tell u wat u practice, if u dont kno it then try attend to ur classes and fellowshps well then u will kno. Some of ur evangelists can help u out.

This will be my last reply to you. I don't have time for people like you.

You chose a definition that suits you. Now I'm the one to explain the definition you chose for you.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by ajayikayod: 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
rationalmind:

This will be my last reply to you. I don't have time for people like you.

You chose a definition that suits you. Now I'm the one to explain the definition you chose for you.

Take it, leave it, run or hide, dt definition stand sure for ur disbelief. U ll kno soon, its just a matter of time. It doesnt matter if u dont hav my time atleast do find time for ur cause and practice.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by jayriginal: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2013
ajayikayod:

Sorry, I dont understand dt

It wasnt meant for you bro. Im sure the person it was meant for got it.
Re: "Daddy GO" of Atheism: My First Impressions by wirinet(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2013
I am surprised that theist do not have the ability to learn anything outside their religious biases and dogmas. Other atheist have explained these issues a gazillion times and the same questions come up again with alarming regularity. Even if they decide not to read Nairaland's atheists response to these questions, Google is there to out.

These are the facts of atheism once again ; for the last time.
1. Atheism is a disbelief of all gods out of all the thousands of gods that had existed throughout human history. Monotheism is a belief in 1 god out of the thousands of other gods, while polytheism is a belief in multiple gods. The only common denominator of atheist is a lack of belief in all gods. Atheists holds wide and varied beliefs, someone like Tai Solarin does not accept or care about science - big bang or darwin evolutionary theories while carl sagan and dawkins believes in science.

2. Darwin was not an atheist, in fact he obtained a degree in Divination(theology) along with his degree in biology.

Most atheists have never heard of Richard Dawkins and have never read any of his books. in fact atheism preceed Dawkins by thousands of years. So how can Richard Dawkins be the GO of atheism.
I hope the question of what atheism is , about Darwinism or Dawkins being the creator of atheism does not come up again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheists More Likely To Self-destruct And Commit Suicide! / Pastor John Hagee Apologizes For Referring To Catholic Church As ‘Great LovePeddler’ / Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.