Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine (21116 Views)

Engine Rattling Sound / P1349 Code On 2002 2azfe Toyota Camry / Rattling Sound In 2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3l V6 Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
9icetoo: Lomomike, it is not. The 2az fe engine was so successful, toyota used it for more than 6 years and the variants are what you see in newer camrys. The issue of stripped head bolt was restricted to bad batch made in 2003. It is one of the most durable engines around. It doesnt have any issues with sludge as well. The rattle is not a problem unless your camshaft actuator is being starved of oil in which case you just change the actuator and you are good to go. The 2azfe engines have some of the highest recorded miles in cars in the US without a rebuild.

pls is d actuator also called d sprocket?
Re: Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine by speed001: 10:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
Spot on. @ 9ice sent d email addy oo.
Re: Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine by DECOtech(m): 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ngutor:
Good day. Please how to you get to buy these oils. Would appreciate if you could share the info
Go to Total filling stations for Total oil and go to Mobil filling stations for Mobil oil. There you can be sure of the originality of the oil you are buying.
Re: Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine by 9icetoo(m): 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
tumababa:

pls is d actuator also called d sprocket?
Yeah. Speed, i haven't seen the email oo. Please send me a mail. My email address is on my profile. Cheers
Re: Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine by mex2bad: 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
hello house,
how do i get a sound toyota mechanic with scanners etc in lagos, if possible in surulere and akoka area .
my toyota camry, 2003 with 2az engine shows codes p0037, p0793 and p0136.
Re: Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine by speed001: 2:29pm On May 10, 2015
Pls 9icetoo ur input is needed. Pls reply ASAP. Waiting to hear from u. Thank u sire.

1 Like

Re: Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine by dhemmyhardy(m): 10:43pm On May 11, 2015
@mex2bad: do you still need the mechanic you can
Visit our garage @ Aje street Sabo Yaba Lagos very close to you
At akoka. We have a good scanner to diagnose any challenge
Check my signature for my contact

And for those that needs the manufacturer recommended Engine
Oil....5w 20 , 5w 30 ( 5 liters Northsea ) full synthetic oil you can
also contact me .We can supply to any Part in Nigeria.

Regards
Dhemmyhardy
Re: Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine by dukeo(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
9icetoo:
Speed, please send me your email so i can send u a pdf manual on how to troubleshoot the two codes. U can use it as a guide along with ur mech to pinpoint the cause. cheers

I know this is an old thread but can I get this pdf too?

Email is

epoxide7@gmail.com
Re: Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine by 9icetoo(m): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
dukeo:

I know this is an old thread but can I get this pdf too?

Email is

epoxide7@gmail.com

Will search and see if I still have it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. / What Can I Do In This Situation With A FRSC Officer? / Letters On Windscreen Of Auction Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.