Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria (3288 Views)

Chilling Confessions Of High-Profile Edo Kidnap Suspects (Pictured) / South West Is Nigeria’s Kidnap Capital- Report / Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Interesting revelations emerged from a crime study by the National Crime and Victimization Survey, 2013:

1. You're Four (4) times more likely to be r.aped in the SW than in the SE

2. You're Three (3) times more likely to be robbed in Ondo, than in Ebonyi

3. You're more likely to be kidnapped in the SW than anywhere else in Southern Nigeria.

4. You're Three (3) times more likely to be murdered in the SW than in the SE

5.Your phone is twice (2) at risk of being stolen in Ekiti than in Ebonyi

6. Your car is 2.5 times more at risk of being stolen in Lagos than in the SE.

7. You're twice at risk of being the victim of armed violence (other than robbery) in Lagos than in the SE

8. If you reside in Ogun or Ondo, you're much more likely to live in fear of crime than if you reside in Enugu or Ebonyi

The South East is certainly one of the safest place in Nigeria. The figures are verifiable, numbers don't lie.

Spread the word! Broadcast on BBM, and share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.

Here's the link to the study:

http://www.cleen.org/Text%20Report%20of%202013%20NCVS%20Findings.pdf

8 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
And, in the spirit of the season, I expect this to make front-page.

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Femolacaster(m): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
Another thread from a "Dundee-United". I don't blame you, i blame ASUU.
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by grafikii: 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
I heard there is nothing worthy of kidnapping in the SE hence they are moving to other states. Edo state is their new host

4 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by grafikii: 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
3. You're Four (4) times more likely to be kidnapped in the SW than in the SE

THIS GOT ME LAUGHING

1 Like

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
I only believe the op cos the lens am reading with translates the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Sadly, I wasn't able to be on the first page of the other thread.

Let me ask you something. Was the report that came out today the fault of Yorubas?

Did Yorubas create the report? No, the MacArthur Foundation did.

Did Yorubas commit the crimes in the SE? No, People living in the SE did.

What on earth do Yorubas have to do with that report?

You are only mad because they said Ogun has the lowest rate of crime in Nigeria. You really need to take a step back and SEE YOUR LIFE!

This thread is childish. By the way, who is doing the kidnapping, robbing, and raping in the SW? Don't you loudmouths claim to be 40000% of the population? That means you must AT LEAST be committing 40000% of the crimes. Didn't we recently see so many Igbo Area Boys attacking businessmen in Lagos? Don't start changing your story now!

The North has low crime rate, Middle Belt has low crime rate, SW has low crime rate, but Enugu is the crime capital. So of all the migrants coming to Sw, we can be sure that the criminal ones are coming from SE.

8 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
Femolacaster: Another thread from a "Dundee-United". I don't blame you, i blame ASUU.

Dude, could you debate the figures without resorting to that primal instinct to throw abuses on me.

FYI, the Head of the Research Team is Kemi Okenyodo.
I'm sure that information helps.

3 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
Kairoseki77: Sadly, I wasn't able to be on the first page of the other thread.

Let me ask you something. Was the report that came out today the fault of Yorubas?

Did Yorubas create the report? No, the MacArthur Foundation did.

Did Yorubas commit the crimes in the SE? No, People living in the SE did.

What on earth do Yorubas have to do with that report?

You are only mad because they said Ogun has the lowest rate of crime in Nigeria. You really need to take a step back and shine your eyes.

You are basically crying that crime in the SE is Fashola's fault.

Kairoseki my man!

I'm not antagonizing Yorubas.

I just thought to compare the SW and SE based on the figures and facts from the above survey.

You should check it out.

7 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
passion007:

Dude, could you debate the figures without resorting to that primal instinct to throw abuses on me.

FYI, the Head of the Research Team is Kemi Okenyodo.
I'm sure that information helps.

Dude, do you even know what the MacArthur Foundation is?

It is an international organization, run by oyibos, that is HIGHLY respected. They are almost equal to the Nobel Comittee in prestige.

Every year they give out MacArthur "Genius Grants" to incredible individuals in various fields like biomedical science, writing, etc.

They are not a Nigerian organization, or a tribal organization. CLEEN is also not a tribal organization. It is a civil society group that focuses on improving the Nigerian Police force. On their website you will see that they are based in Abuja, and that they have many Igbos in their executive list.

You are chasing ghosts.
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Dude, do you even know what the MacArthur Foundation is?

It is an international organization, run by oyibos, that is HIGHLY respected. They are almost equal to the Nobel Comittee in prestige.

Every year they give out MacArthur "Genius Grants" to incredible individuals in various fields like biomedical science, writing, etc.

They are not a Nigerian organization, or a tribal organization. CLEEN is also not a tribal organization. It is a civil society group that focuses on improving the Nigerian Police force. On their website you will see that they are based in Abuja, and that they have many Igbos in their executive list.

You are chasing ghosts.

I'm aware of these facts, but what does it have to do with anything.

My inferences are based on the research in question.

It's not like I snapped my fingers and created the findings above.

4 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
passion007:

I'm aware of these facts, but what does it have to do with anything.

My inferences are based on the research in question.

It's not like I snapped my fingers and created the findings above.

Then please explain why on the thread about Enugu being the crime capital, every comment is hurling abuses at Yorubas.

Why did you feel the need to create this thread in response to the one on FP?
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Then please explain why on the thread about Enugu being the crime capital, every comment is hurling abuses at Yorubas.

Why did you feel the need to create this thread in response to the one on FP?

Notice the snide comments about Enugu on that same thread such as those by ilugunboy and the numerous likes it garnered.

Besides, if Seun Osewa let a report like that on his FP, then he's certainly sending a message.

And the message is received. wink
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
passion007:

Notice the snide comments about Enugu on that same thread such as those by ilugunboy and the numerous likes it garnered.

Besides, if Seun Osewa let a report like that on his FP, then he's certainly sending a message.

And the message is received. wink

The thread is about Enugu being the crime capital of Nigeria...OF COURSE people are going to yab Enugu.

Still trying to figure out how that is Yoruba's fault.

1 Like

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
@Moderators
What is this thread doing in the JOKES section?

What is funny about charts and facts and figures and comparative reasoning

I demand this thread is returned to the politics section where it belongs.

Or, I might have to go over your head.

Seun Osewa, are you there?
Your moderators can't tell jokes from surveys.

If I hadn't taken a vow of civility, I would have typed unprintable names.
(Although if I typed them, then they would no longer be unprintable smiley )

Regardless, this thread should be returned where it belongs.

5 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
passion007: @Moderators
What is this thread doing in the JOKES section?

What is funny about charts and facts and figures and comparative reasoning

I demand this thread is returned to the politics section where it belongs.

Or, I might have to go over your head.

Seun Osewa, are you there?
Your moderators can't tell jokes from surveys.

If I hadn't taken a vow of civility, I would have typed unprintable names.
(Although if I typed them, then they would no longer be unprintable smiley )

Regardless, this thread should be returned where it belongs.

Lol, Sexkillz moved it here. I saw him reading this thread earlier.
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by xrisdon(m): 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
pikin way say e mama no go sleep, e no go sleep as well.
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
are nairaland admin mad or what angry ...you moved a twisted information to front page and real facts to joke section...
seun am seriously disappointed if you're involved in this...i guess, there's definitely a bigger plan here. but I assure all these bigoted journalists that they will be frustrated in life with the lies they keep dishing out, esp againts igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Lol, Sexkillz moved it here. I saw him reading this thread earlier.

Sexkillz, that albino moderator with visual difficulties?

Sex-killz, Mtcheww.

4 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Okay, this thread is open to the political analysts once again.
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Arysexy(m): 10:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
MOVE THIS THREAD TO FRONT PAGE!

1 Like

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by passion007: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
Arysexy: MOVE THIS THREAD TO FRONT PAGE!
Bros help me tell them oh.
These are hard, verifiable facts.
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by saintneo(m): 11:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
If this thread no make frontpage ..... Walahi....... I will personally send JAZZ to nairaland grin
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Arysexy(m): 11:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
@ mods, afam, sexkillz,OAMJ, mukina! This thread has to be on the front page bc this is the real report not the adulterated report that claimed Enugu as crime capital> A doctored report which negates this factual report is on frontpage, pls do d needful
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by 0key: 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
To whom it may concern, kindly move this to d front page.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Arysexy(m): 11:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
Just saw watched about this report on AIT now, the head of the Research Team Kemi Okenyodo read out the statistics.

I wonder wot some journalist gain by twisting an international report which will surely be in d public domain by reporting wot was not in d report as news and NL quickly took it to the front page. An unverifiable adulterated report for that matter.

please who ever is in charge should close that fake thread naming Enugu as crime capital of Nigeria. This is d original fresh report which u can verify

1 Like

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 12:01am On Oct 23, 2013
Arysexy: Just saw watched about this report on AIT now, the head of the Research Team Kemi Okenyodo read out the statistics.

I wonder wot some journalist gain by twisting an international report which will surely be in d public domain by reporting wot was not in d report as news and NL quickly took it to the front page. An unverifiable adulterated report for that matter.

please who ever is in charge should close that fake thread naming Enugu as crime capital of Nigeria. This is d original fresh report which u can verify

The report was 100% factual, as was the thread on the front page.

Stop trying to shift blame and make excuses.
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 23, 2013
grafikii: THIS GOT ME LAUGHING

For what? Isn't it common sense that wherever there is more population and/or more unemployment, there's bound to be more crime?

1 Like

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by eye4eye: 1:17am On Oct 23, 2013
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by DuduNegro: 1:19am On Oct 23, 2013
Passion 007,

Read following and point out one SW state in this bulletin.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria and recommends that U.S. citizens avoid all travel to Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states because of the proclamation on May 14, 2013, by the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of States of Emergency in those three states. The ability of the Mission to provide assistance to U.S. citizens in those states remains severely limited. The Department also continues to recommend against all but essential travel to the following states due to the risk of kidnappings, robberies, and other armed attacks: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, and Zamfara. The Department also warns against travel to the Gulf of Guinea because of the threat of piracy. Based on safety and security risk assessments, the Embassy maintains restrictions for travel by U.S. officials to all northern Nigerian states (in addition to those listed above); officials must receive advance clearance by the U.S. Mission for any travel deemed as mission-essential. U.S. citizens should be aware that extremists could expand their operations beyond northern Nigeria to the country's middle and southern states. This Travel Warning replaces the Travel Warning for Nigeria dated December 21, 2012.

1 Like

Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21am On Oct 23, 2013
eye4eye: This report is ficticious and the source does not support the information the op provided.

Moderator, this poster needs to be banned for life for providing wrong information and ficticious source for this information.

This is shameful way of spreading information.

Try this.

http://www.cleen.org/Text%20Report%20of%202013%20NCVS%20Findings.pdf
Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 23, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Passion 007,

Read following and point out one SW state in this bulletin.

Do you have to hear "there is crime in SW" from the US government before you believe it? The truth is there's crime everywhere. My Anambra isn't on their list either. Doesn't mean I'll roam the place at night or speak for everyone to hear my accent.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boy Says God Doesn't Exist, Gives His Life To Satan (photos) / Fsars Didn’t Harass Me, They Tried Killing Me... / Trinity Has Been Sent To Prison Because Of Extreme Pranks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.