Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,750 members, 7,802,295 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) (9654 Views)

Helping Children With Learning Disabilities / Special Education For Children With Special Needs Is The Fair Way To Go. / I Am Passionate About Helping Your Children With Difficulties In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) by JbravoAdodger(m): 7:25am On Oct 28, 2013
omniwater007: If swimming is a good exercise to
stay FIT, why are
whales FAT??
Why is the place in a stadium
where people SIT,
called a STAND?
Why is that everyone wants to go
to HEAVEN but
nobody wants to DIE?
Shall I say that there is racial
discrimination even in
chess as the WHITE piece is moved
FIRST?
In our country, we have FREEDOM
of SPEECH, then
why do we have TELEPHONE
BILLS?
If money doesn't grow on TREES
then why do banks
have BRANCHES?
Why doesn't GLUE stick to its
BOTTLE?
Why do you still call it a BUILDING
when its already
BUILT?
If its true that we are here to HELP
others, what
are others HERE for?
If you arent supposed to DRINK
and DRIVE why do
bars have PARKING lots?
If All The Nations In The World Are
In Debt, Where
Did All The Money Go..?
When Dog Food Is New With
Improved Taste, Who
Tests It..?
If The "Black Box" Flight Recorder
Is Never
Damaged During A Plane Crash,
Why Isn't The Whole
Airplane Made Out Of That Stuff..?
Who Copy wrote The Copyright
Symbol..?
Can You Cry Under Water..?
Why do Round Pizza come in a
Square Box..?
Why Do People Say "You've Been
Working Like A Dog"
When Dogs Just Sit Around All
Day..??
We all are Living in a seriously
funny world..!!!

These questions make sense die!!
Re: How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) by chineloSA(f): 7:43am On Oct 28, 2013
tensor777:
Truth be told if your son acts up in a class in Nigeria he will simply be severely and ruthlessly dealt with whether in a public or 'private' school. After all said and done this is much better than the internal or external exclusion of troublesome pupils from mainstream education that happens in American or English schools.

Her son seems like he has the ADHD which is the calm type. Very little or no trouble at all. Just attention issues. Those one normally daydream, confused, drowsy, lack attention, learning disorder and normally socially withdrawn ( hence possibility of comorbid depression ).

So he is not on the Hyperactive and Impulsive category which are always troublesome. The only problem is low academic achievement due to lack of attention and failure to carry out simple instructions.

When people think of an ADHD child what comes to mind is a rowdy, unruly, troublesome and hooligan like type of a child.

There is a difference. I get worried when people talk violence.

ADHD is different. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 29, 2013
tensor777:
Truth be told if your son acts up in a class in Nigeria he will simply be severely and ruthlessly dealt with whether in a public or 'private' school. After all said and done this is much better than the internal or external exclusion of troublesome pupils from mainstream education that happens in American and English schools.

Severely and Ruthlessly dealt with? In Our School System? Haba! Some of us need put sentiment aside and be mindful of the information we disseminate especially in an open forum as this. Yes, that highlighted part USED to happen some years back. But Not ANYMORE.

Any teacher who dares that risks his or per job. #FACT cool

Op. No one is going to do your child ANY harm in Nigerian School System, be it private or public. In actual fact you'd be amazed at how much support you'd get, especially in Private Schools. I have listened to families with such kids who relocated to Nigeria from the US. And, they are happy they took that decision. Please, pray about it, let God direct you on what decision to take.
Re: How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) by betaessays: 8:20am On Sep 18, 2017
Re: How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) by NairalandSARS: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2017
Originalsly:
I have no doubt that you want the best for your child. I guess I was too blunt in my previous comment ... hmmm...was riled up and should've popped a ritalin or two before hitting the keyboard. I would adbise that you do some research on the effects of Ritalin and not depend solely on what the "professionals" say. After all...most are salesmen for the pharmaceutical corporations.For a start ...read the Warning on the Ritalin package...I am sure you didn't. Why?...because the manufacturers of the drug tell you that they have no guarantee on the effectiveness of the drug, don't know (don't care) about long term effects and don't really know exactly how the drug affects the mentality of the child. If they don't know ...should you really believe what the professionals say? If nothing else I hope this thread make you think twice about Ritalin."It takes a village..."

Bros I greet you. Abeg you fit help me bring small Ritalin and/or Adderall as you dey come back? I go pay you.
Re: How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) by ilovekezi: 4:42am On Jan 29, 2020
Is your child not meeting the developmental milestone appropriate for his/her age? Is he/she aware of the environment or not functionally using multi-sensory input gotten from the environment? Is he/she sluggish, dull?Is his/her behaviour affecting their daily lifestyle.We are a a Special needs and Rehabilitation service provider and Our services include:
Assessments and Evaluation
Sensory Integration and Neuro-Developmental Approach [NDT]
One-on-one cognitive therapy services at home Prescription of assistive devices and setting up sensory rooms in home and at school
Massage Gross and Fine motor exercises For children with: Autism, Cerebral palsy ,Down syndrome Other learning disabilities .
We also have boarding facility.

Heartprintlimited@yahoo.com
19 ademola eletu street,
Osapa London,
Lekki.
Lagos
http://www.Heartprintspecialschool.com.ng
0805 991 49 74
Heartprint Special Needs and Rehabilitation School

Re: How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) by blank(f): 6:22am On Jan 29, 2020
@Lynn48, can you tell us how your experiences have been so far?

Funny that I used to think ADD was same as Autism. Glad I know different now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Has, Have And Had / Professional Exams In Public Relations / Neco Scratch Card Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.