Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,711 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Evergreen Nigerian Songs - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Evergreen Nigerian Songs (43744 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Songs For July 2013 / Your Top 20 Evergreen Love Songs / Nigerian Songs That Never Get Old ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by cmpunk: 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
who sang....odowuro ki a sun re ki angeli OLUWA so gbogbo wa....

also if I have a wing like a dove.......tosin jegede??
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by sainty2k3(m): 12:12am On Oct 27, 2013
I believe that by now ,after reading through this thread thus far, the OP should agrEe that the songs he first mention are not green enough to be evrgreen compares to the various evergreen songs that has been mentioned here.
Just to mention mine ; osondi owendu ; this song too ( mo kogbon ori mi bemi na o kawe o , mo kogbon ori mi be mi na o kawe o , iwe yato ogbon ori ma lo je baba..... cheesy ) I can't remember the title.
Fela songs- its just as if he's alive, cos his songs still match the present happenings, now that's what they call evergreen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Blazinraj01(f): 12:33am On Oct 27, 2013
zenopee:
Pls do you have the album nd other of his albums? Been trying to collect his songs.
I only have the 'Amoran' album. If you want it, I can mail it to you
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Blazinraj01(f): 12:35am On Oct 27, 2013
OCTAVO:
Hmmmmmmm, I love the album too. Can't find the audio cassette anymore.
*sad face*
Heya. I still have all the songs from the album though. Used to have the cassette too. smiley
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by mkoabiola: 12:40am On Oct 27, 2013
Ebenezer obey- the man,the horse and d child.
Oliver d coque.
Osita osadebe
Sikiru ayinde barrister
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by warrenweste(m): 2:39am On Oct 27, 2013
zenopee:
I sure will do that soonest. Let me have ϔ☺Ůȑ email addy, amma send them 2 U after conversion via email.
Fosimwills@gmail.com..will be expecting thanx a lot bro..
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by warrenweste(m): 2:45am On Oct 27, 2013
Rexxie: Dont know why but i used to n still like Funmi Adams' Omo'Laso and Stella Mwonye's Oko mi ye n Tim'ba dele...also like some classics by one lady regeant that goes like "bata...........ko ko kaunnn.....to'mba ka we re,bata.....ko ko kaann" and so classics by my brother n late Ozziddi King Sunny Okosun whos titles i dont know but chants flew like...."wake up from ur slumber dont be a drag,..." "wind of change," "...Edumare ga ju edumare lo"...love da 1st albums of Majek Fashek n Orits Williki...
Well,pretty sad we got no evergreen naija Rock songs....or do we got some?

So funmi adams sang omo lera aye? Ididnt knw o ..and the regent tht sang batami is princess olubunmi ajobu...she died of strange undisclosed ailment in 2008 how sad,her daughter has taken over now but nt as good as her mom cry nad do u av any vide cassete or audio or knw anytn abt funmi adams?

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by realnas(m): 4:04am On Oct 27, 2013
Sunny nneji still d one oh it brings memories of my grl
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by OCTAVO: 6:05am On Oct 27, 2013
mko abiola: Ebenezer obey- the man,the horse and d child.
Oliver d coque.
Osita osadebe
Sikiru ayinde barrister
You made me remember is album Barry @ 40 smiley
Evergreen I must tell you.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by OCTAVO: 6:07am On Oct 27, 2013
Blazinraj01:
I only have the 'Amoran' album. If you want it, I can mail it to you
Pls, I want it. You can as well mail it to me too.
Tolozie@yahoo.com
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by olede: 6:14am On Oct 27, 2013
At least someone has the level of IQ to flow in my frequency.[/quote]
And what is the meaning of IQ
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 27, 2013
Mi - anoti
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nimen(m): 6:41am On Oct 27, 2013
demelza: Dont really have much Naija tunes.
1. Onyeka Onwenu - Iyogogo (still makes me shake my waist) grin
2. Tunde & Wunmi - Will you still love me (Im still looking for where to download this song).
3. Paul Play - Forever (prefer this to Angel of my Life).
4. Victor Olaiya - Baby Jowo (the collabo with 2face was mwaah).

demelza: Dont really have much Naija tunes.
1. Onyeka Onwenu - Iyogogo (still makes me shake my waist) grin
2. Tunde & Wunmi - Will you still love me (Im still looking for where to download this song).
3. Paul Play - Forever (prefer this to Angel of my Life).
4. Victor Olaiya - Baby Jowo (the collabo with 2face was mwaah).

I remember when i was in sec school my english teacher was a young female corper. I was in ss1, she came in to ma class i started singing Baby Jowo for her, not knowing the meaning, na so i turn to her favourite student, oh i miss! Was too innocent to look that way then
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by valerie25(f): 7:13am On Oct 27, 2013
scholes23:
www.tubidy.mobi
k,tnx
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 27, 2013
warrenweste:

So funmi adams sang omo lera aye? Ididnt knw o ..and the regent tht sang batami is princess olubunmi ajobu...she died of strange undisclosed ailment in 2008 how sad,her daughter has taken over now but nt as good as her mom cry nad do u av any vide cassete or audio or knw anytn abt funmi adams?
thanks alot for d info,never knew about that..well i have tried to dig up something about Funmi Adams but got no luck yet however u can download "Nigeria My Beloved Country" @ www.mp3chief.com/n/nigeria-my-beloved-country
Really liked that regent Bunmi and may she RIP.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by BabaEto1: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2013
Blazinraj01: Late Dipo Sodipo's Album, Amoran

My dear God bless you for remembering Dipo Sodipo (Pope). Its a pity he died when he was really coming up. May his soul continue to rest in peace. By d way you are d first female that I kno who like his song. I hope to kno u better, pls.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by BabaEto1: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2013
zenopee:
Pls do you have the album nd other of his albums? Been trying to collect his songs.

If u re in Lagos u can easily get his CD , I recently bought "Amoran" in a record store @berger stop in a road leading to Ojodu. D store I close to "gbenga Adeboye office" I even bought 2 dt day because I hv been lookin 4dem. U can also download dem on "tubidymobi.com"
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by SANdos: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2013
Terra Kota-Tell me if you know the city of Sodom.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Blazinraj01(f): 8:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Baba Eto:

My dear God bless you for remembering Dipo Sodipo (Pope). Its a pity he died when he was really coming up. May his soul continue to rest in peace. By d way you are d first female that I kno who like his song. I hope to kno u better, pls.
Yes it is. Ameen. I kind of like songs that speak wisdom. Talk of Yussuf Olatunji, Barrister and a lot of other artists. If you wish to, you can send me a pm.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Blazinraj01(f): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2013
OCTAVO:
Pls, I want it. You can as well mail it to me too.
Tolozie@yahoo.com
I'll send them to you
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 8:29am On Oct 27, 2013
To be honest, I didn't like this song when it was released. I thought that it was too repetitive (tell me, if you know the city called Sodom), but it grew on me and became one of my favourite songs.

Terra Kota - "Lamentations For Sodom".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpCAzYiBO7U
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Tolexander: 8:30am On Oct 27, 2013
Blazinraj01:
Yes it is. Ameen. I kind of like songs that speak wisdom. Talk of Yussuf Olatunji, Barrister and a lot of other artists. If you wish to, you can send me a pm.
that's my may anytime any microsecond!

omo odo agba ni e o.
You were scarce for a while?
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 8:36am On Oct 27, 2013
warrenweste:

Bunmi Ajobu. You almost bent my mind. There was something familiar, yet something strange about that name. Now I know what it was. I remember her as Princess Bunmi Olajubu.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Extom:
I've been looking for a human that fits the description of a very big Ram with twisted horns, that missed being slaughtered in the just concluded sallah, and I can't believe you've eluded me all these while.
oh shut it and accept the reality of things.

Will definitely follow this thread until I download all those videos, didn't realise they were even on youtube. Kai, the feeling some of those songs will bring back to me.

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by OCTAVO: 8:40am On Oct 27, 2013
Blazinraj01:
I'll send them to you
Alright, thanks.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by lalaboi(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2013
blink182: it doesn't change the fact that op is a kid and really can't connect with ever green songs from the good old 70's and 80's. When people procreated without caution because times were good.

If he was not around in the 70's or 80's and he never listened or came across or enjoyed those songs from back then, why should he regard those tunes as evergreen for himself? You all sound like you wanto get stuck in the 80's and 70's. its fine by me. all i know is my generation or his generation grew up listening to the likes of those he mentioned, so the general consensus would be that those songs are evergreen to his generation. Call him kid or whatever, but they are evergreen. Shikena

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by naptu2: 8:57am On Oct 27, 2013
Definitions of evergreen.

Of or denoting a plant that retains green leaves throughout the year

Perenially fresh or interesting; enduring.

You could say that African Queen is a song that will be "perenially fresh or interesting" and that it could be played whenever people want to woo or praise female Africans or females of African descent.

3 Likes

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Ninilowo(m): 8:59am On Oct 27, 2013
janetDurling: Tot wat u will post...ar Sunny Ade songs....Ebenezer Obey songs.....Christy Igbokwe songs....and others. Dunno when 2face 'African queen' bcome olden days song
I wonder too
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by warrenweste(m): 9:24am On Oct 27, 2013
cheesy
naptu2:

Bunmi Ajobu. You almost bent my mind. There was something familiar, yet something strange about that name. Now I know what it was. I remember her as Princess Bunmi Olajubu.

Oh really lol,I just knw it was something jobu..do u have any of her songs? Especially..bata mi adun koko ka..tin ba kawe mi..bata mi adun ko ko ka...pls check that box u said u store all of your songs n look for her and funmi adams too and also..this song too..pepper soup wey mama cook can't remember who sang it
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by warrenweste(m): 9:34am On Oct 27, 2013
Rexxie:
thanks alot for d info,never knew about that..well i have tried to dig up something about Funmi Adams but got no luck yet however u can download "Nigeria My Beloved Country" @ www.mp3chief.com/n/nigeria-my-beloved-country
Really liked that regent Bunmi and may she RIP.

Yes bro its sad that she had to die,bata mi adun ko ko ka was such a hit..and her surname was olajubu nt ajubu..as I mentioned and I have 2 funmi adams songs b4 ..ahye yaro and nigeria my belovd country..the track mama was mistakenly deleted..thks for the link though..still. Hunting for where I will get her cassete or any info abt her

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2013
valerie25: pls do u knw any site where I can download these songs?
You can try www.360nobs.com, www.recordpool.nigeriandjs.com. U̶̲̥̅̊ will find a sizeable number of some nyc old skool tunes dere.
Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 27, 2013
Baba Eto:

If u re in Lagos u can easily get his CD , I recently bought "Amoran" in a record store @berger stop in a road leading to Ojodu. D store I close to "gbenga Adeboye office" I even bought 2 dt day because I hv been lookin 4dem. U can also download dem on "tubidymobi.com"
I stay in ibadan. Plz can U̶̲̥̅̊ be kind enof to send some of the tunes 2 M̶̲̥̅Ɣ email? Solufunminiyi@gmail.com. Will appreciate it g8tly. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

D’banj’s Manager To Olamide: 'Stop Stealing Our Songs' / "No Shishi For Bribe" - 2Baba, Falz, Pasuma, Simi, Mr. P, Timi, Slimcase etc / The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.