Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness (725 Views)

Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? / Hair Growth & Baldness Treatment For Black Men.stop Your Hair Loss Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness by infonubia(m): 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Don't be shy to read this...no one is looking. Whether you're bald or not, this research is educational and helpful.

Researchers have discovered the cure to baldness - a new hair transplantation method. How does it work? researchers created new hair follicles by using a human skin cell called dermal papilla cells. Thus, rather than shifting hair from one part of the body to another or chugging hair treatment pills, this method simply regenerates the structures underneath the skin's surface that sprout hair to make new hair follicles.

Unfortunately, this technique probably won't work effectively in patients "who already have a limited number of hair follicles, such as women with hair loss, or patients with burns," the researchers said.

The dermal papilla cells were obtain from seven people with pattern baldness. Pattern baldness in males is influenced by genetics ( possibly related to more than one gene, and not necessarily from the maternal side) and hormonal changes in adulthood. Male baldness has been linked to the male hormone Dihydrotestosterone, which causes old hairs on the scalp to be replaced by progressively shorter and thinner hairs in a predictable pattern: it begin at the temples and crown of the head.

These cells were cultured and grown in a three-dimensional space, unlike a lab Petri dish. Once they grew into spherical droplets, they were transplanted onto the backs of mice where human skin had been grafted. "In five of the seven samples, the transplanted dermal papilla cells induced new hair follicles to grow in the skin graft. A DNA test confirmed that these hair follicles were, indeed, a genetic match with the donors' follicles," the researchers noted.

This remarkable study is the first technique to discover a method of creating new hair follicles in the lab. However, it still needs improvement because the hair follicles did not sprout hair that grows all the way to the skin's surface.

In contrast, the new method requires very few existing hairs in order to work, and could make hair transplantation available to more patients, said study researcher Angela M. Christiano, a professor of dermatology at Columbia University Medical Center.

Leave your comments below.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/10/new-hair-transplatation-method-cure-to.html
Re: New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness by albacete(m): 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
wink wink wink cheesy
Re: New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness by infonubia(m): 2:19am On Oct 23, 2013
albacete: wink wink wink cheesy

Good news for the young and bald
Re: New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness by tnature: 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
I can count at least 5 people who would be delighted at this grin grin grin
Re: New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness by infonubia(m): 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
tnature: I can count at least 5 people who would be delighted at this grin grin grin

I can count 10 smiley
Re: New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness by mikael76(m): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
I am bald and need this badly! I got bald at the age of 20.
Re: New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness by infonubia(m): 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
mikael76: I am bald and need this badly! I got bald at the age of 20.
#thankmelater wink
Re: New Hair Transplantation Method, A Cure To Baldness by surgerydubai: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2014
Hair fall is very frightful problem....
So I recommend a Hair transplantation
smiley wink

(1) (Reply)

Gynaecologist Help Needed / Study: Staring At Breasts Increases Heart Health / 17 Key Moments Of Ebola Virus In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.