Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,424 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola (14433 Views)

Buhari’s VP List: Oshiomhole, Fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi / Buhari’s VP List: Oshiomhole,fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi / Kudos To Governors Oshiomhole, Fashola And Orji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Codedrock(m): 7:07am On Oct 23, 2013
Governors Adams Oshomhole and Babatunde Fashola of Edo and Lagos States respectively say it is time for Nigeria to have a female president as male presidency has clearly failed the nation.

The duo spoke at the opening ceremony of the 2013 National Women Conference organized by the Committee of Wives of Lagos State Officials, COWLSO, held at the Eko Hotels and Suits, Victoria Island, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria on Tuesday.

Speaking at the conference, with the theme: See Beyond Today: Enhance the Quality of Life, Oshiomhole, who declared the conference open, said the nation had decided to hold a national conference to deliberate on ethnicity and the geographical set up of the country, but wondered why the issue of female presidency was not brought into the front burner.

The Edo state governor stressed that it was time Nigeria deliberate to have a female president at the helms of affairs in the midst of absolute failure by the male counterpart who had been ruling the nation since 1960.

Oshiomhole said the feat achieved by the late former British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher had not be rivaled till this moment, saying that the woman was able to take Britain to an enviable height.

“There are evidences around the world where women have led. There is no question in my mind that we need to create a level playing field for the women,” he stated.

In his goodwill message, Fashola said there was the need for women to take over the leadership of this nation as they had shown that they could be better leaders more than the male folk.

“We are waiting for the women to take over. Our world will be better if women take over. The best emerging economy today in the world is being driven by women. The women have been there with me in my government,” he said.

The governor also spoke on the need to control the burgeoning population of the nation, in the midst of pervading and rising cases of hunger in the land.

Fashola stated that statistics had it that two-third of the world’s seven billion population lived in abject poverty and that Nigerian women had the power to control the rising population of the nation.

“Can we consciously start slowing down the way we grow our population? If two-third already live in poverty, what chance for those coming after us if we are already in poverty?” He asked.

According to Fashola, “people are shy discussing this issue; the earlier we talk about it, the better. In 1970, the population of London was 8.5 million while Lagos was then 1.4 million.

“Today, London has dropped about one million population while Lagos has gone up to reach about 20 million. We can march out of poverty if we plan well.”

Fashola added that the Lagos State Government was already undergoing registration of all Lagosians for adequate planning for the population, urging the women register and to mobilize others to do the same so that government could plan for the future of their children.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/10/we-need-female-president-in-nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by 6cence: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2013
What men can do, Women can also do better.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2013
grin grin A woman on her period who's set to fight corruption will end up exhuming even the dead corrupt officials and sentence them to hell imprisonment as well.

They go extreme in whatever they do e.g Patricia Èteh, Alison, Stella Odua etc.

We don't want em as presidents for now.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by PointB: 7:55am On Oct 23, 2013
Two women readily come to my mind:

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, and Dora Akunyili - these amazons will take Nigeria to greater height.

25 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Bigcake: 8:04am On Oct 23, 2013
I tink dat midget called Osho and his yoruba semi madman Fashola needs some brain calmness injection. APC, is dat all u can offer?

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Fashola talks like a parrot.

He likes throwing stones but he'll end up hiding his hands soon.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Pangea: 8:13am On Oct 23, 2013
Yeah! shocked
People like Stella Oduah, Okonjo Iwealah and Patricia Etteh comes to mind.
Una never see anything for this country!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by snoopy(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2013
No sir! What we need is a Leader! A true Leader!! Be it male or female. A leader who will galvanise every floating part of this entity called Nigeria together and reposition it in the path of success and greatness. A Leader who in battle will be at the very front to lead the charge not one who will sit in aso rock, eat an average of 1billion/year (3million/day) worth of food, and then increase the fuel price and tell the people to make painful sacrifices by enduring grinding poverty. A leader who is patriotic to a fault and will think of the interest of the country first before personal interests. That is what we need and it doesn't matter what gender of the human specie delivers such quality leadership

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by DankemzI(m): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2013
I DONT BELIEVE IN NIGERIA by Esan Teniola
I don't believe in Nigeria. I don't believe in its leaders, I don't believe in anything they have to say. I don't believe that someone somewhere has the solutions to this country. I don't believe in superman. I believe in myself. I believe in my 2 hands, not begging for someone somewhere to make things right, but with these 2 hands I will build the country want to live in. I believe in my friends. I believe in my family. I believe in everyone who not only tries to make the world a better place for themselves, but also for everyone around them. I don't believe in independence. I believe in inter-dependence, for no man is an island. I believe in the potential of everyone I see on the streets. I believe in the children in that public school that had no toilets, who asked me "uncle, why dont our leaders care about the masses? Why do we always hear about corruption everyday?" I don't believe in leaders who send their children abroad to school while the nations universities are on strike. I dont believe in leaders who fly abroad for medical treatment when the nations hospitals are in need of better facilities. I do not believe in a cook who does not taste his own food. I will believe in the Minister of Education when I see his children attending public schools. I will believe in the Minister of Health when he undergoes heart surgery in General Hospital. Ivwill believe in the Minister for Tourism when he goes to Yobe for vacation and not London or Dubai. Till then, I dont believe in Nigeria. I mean the Nigeria of today, I believe in the Nigeria of tomorrow. The Nigeria that we will build. When all these black skinned colonial masters are gone. ~ Esan Teniola

43 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Decapo: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2013
A woman president to do what?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2013
Chei

Politics sha
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by EsanEmmanuel(m): 8:32am On Oct 23, 2013
Na una know
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by adebayo201: 8:32am On Oct 23, 2013
PointB: Two women readily come to my mind:

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, and Dora Akunyili - these amazons will take Nigeria to greater height.
u must be joking! shocked
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by MrAboki: 8:32am On Oct 23, 2013
Woman what?! angry
Why?!

Ordinary 'Wife of President' wey no be constitutional office dey act like this, imagine say she come be Presido?! By now, Amaechi matter for don end since!!

The only relationship any woman should have with the Presidency is to F`uck him and feed him.. #Period!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 23, 2013
Its true, but I think they are just trying to score cheap political points
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 23, 2013
You think sey hausa/fulani go gree. Mtchew
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Ruq: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2013
How sensible

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Decryptor(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2013
Bigcake: I tink dat midget called Osho and his yoruba semi madman Fashola needs some brain calmness injection. APC, is dat all u can offer?
Don't mind them...trying to use this as a ploy to garner the votes of women! Now i know APC is totally clueless
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by hebex12(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2013
I wuld advice my mum 2contest den
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 23, 2013
Fashola and Oshiomole must be drunk on Cattle sperm. Change starts from you and me. Not a Goddamn leader. Can't believe that crap came from people who lead states.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 23, 2013
Aint bout d gender.. All bout d individual!!!is okonjo-iweala,dora akunyili,stella oduah nt females?? I think d diference is clear among these 3 females,is fashola,akpabio,amaechi nt males?d diff is also clear!!! We neeed a goood,upright individual dat wants to fight 4 we d citizens and not his/her personal interest,if dis person is a female or male,,,,I really dnt care!
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by edababa007(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2013
We already have a female president...GEJ

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by adebayo201: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2013
Pangea: Yeah! shocked
People like Stella Oduah, Okonjo Iwealah and Patricia Etteh comes to mind.
Una never see anything for this country!
hmmmm!
comment my reserve!
Loltongue
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2013
After the incumbent Oga gave ordinary 30% to them , you can now see that they are his problem now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by adebayo201: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2013
edababa007: We already have a female president...GEJ
Lol
ROTFLOL
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by totalbaby(f): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2013
Why not? We need a good leader whether male/female so i do not see why it should be such a problem if a woman was president

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2013
edababa007: We already have a female president...GEJ

Don't be ridiculous my friend angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by kstyle2(m): 8:39am On Oct 23, 2013
u can elect jesus christ of okrika 4 all i care.......
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by drajjay: 8:40am On Oct 23, 2013
ok i hear .wait till nigeria's 300th anniversary
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by likitaboka(f): 8:40am On Oct 23, 2013
Nigeria go jaga jaga b dat
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by airfinance(m): 8:40am On Oct 23, 2013
madam grammer would be the ideal woman(jona wife)she just receieved phd added to her previous degrees...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari: We’ll Position Universities To Produce Quality Graduates / WTO To Ratify The Appointment Of Okonjo-Iweala As Director-General Next Week / Arewa Group Lauds Geometric Power Plant In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.