Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola (14438 Views)

Buhari’s VP List: Oshiomhole, Fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi / Buhari’s VP List: Oshiomhole,fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi / Kudos To Governors Oshiomhole, Fashola And Orji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Reference(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2013
The only thing that makes sense to me is the call for cross board population reduction and that's where the education of the girl child and the empowerment of women is critical to national development.

However the 'appointment' of women to one or two posts here and there even if it is the presidency won't do anything to change a 'system'', build an institution or change the national psyche. Madam Iweala is the head of the Economy, the former Minister of Education is a woman, so was the former anti-corruption czar and the present Judge of Judges. The current lightning rod in this present government Ms Oduah is a woman. The results past and present are as mixed and as mean as the men folk.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:08am On Oct 23, 2013
6cence: What men can do, Women can also do better.

lie

man can urinate in a bottle without spilling on ground while woman cant do such
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Oildichotomy(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2013
If you critically analyse their respective statements.
I smell sycophancy and rhetorics.

More like saying something pleasing and massaging the ego of the women.

They don't mean it jaree.... How many of them want women to lord over them?

A society has to possess a certain level of gender equality for women to aspire to such an exalted position,
Even the US haven't broken their barrier talk more of Nigeria where Men are demi-gods of some sort.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Sermwell(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Y
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by AlphaMaximus(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2013
Dannyxy: What?" do they want this country to scatter?, no woman has the strong heart to handle this country... Shey na boko haram, abi na ASUU, abi na corruption she wan start with, na faint she faint, abegoo... Btw wetin dem go call the husband? First gentleman or what?
Ans: inbecile. Naija pple's body dey catch fire b4,and day wan pour petrol put? Woman ko.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Michaeljude212: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2013
No he must be mad
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by VEE2010(m): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2013
Nigeria politicians can say any lie just to thrill their audience in every occasion. Neither Fashola nor Oshomole will waste cast their vote for a female counterpart vying for the number 1 seat in Aso Rock. I can imagine how the women applauded them for talking opposite their thought. I know, women could be better rated when given an opportunity but, Nigeria women will prefer canvassing for their husbands. The case of Sarah Jubril still very fresh in my mind. If I may ask, were there no women in PDP when the only vote recorded in her favour was the one casted by her? The same set of hypocrites (women) after the exercise came out ranting against marginalization and for gender equality, etc.
My problem with our country men/women is the habit of saying things opposite their present thought. My opinion, though.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by MrAboki: 9:21am On Oct 23, 2013
Can you imagine this;

Introducing the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Her excellency MA!! Mrs. ........................ Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.. angry

President wey dey wear ALWAYS!!! angry

Make Fashola and Adam respect theirself o!! angry

Crime Stoppers alert.. Beware of this fake doctor..

https://www.nairaland.com/1482565/police-nab-fake-luth-doctor#19026778
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Jman06(m): 9:25am On Oct 23, 2013
Another political statement to buy the support of women by APC.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Tosintall(f): 9:25am On Oct 23, 2013
Then na to use all naija moni buy armoured vehicles...
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Abagworo(m): 9:25am On Oct 23, 2013
PointB: Two women readily come to my mind:

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, and Dora Akunyili - these amazons will take Nigeria to greater height.

Remove Akunyili from there. She messed up after collecting information minister. Okonjo is on a level of her own.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by switdil(f): 9:28am On Oct 23, 2013
This is not the issue of what a man can do a woman can do better
Nigeria need to produce effecient leader in the next election
Most of those women in high places too are lyk the men
They do all sort cos of money
Nigeria need a selfless president
Somebody that is ready to practice real democracy
Somebody that ll be president through vote n not through em godfadas
Somebody that is ready to serve
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2013
PEJ, d right woman..
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by saintNinoBran(m): 9:28am On Oct 23, 2013
Honestly speaking, i'm highly disappointed with the comment of the two Governors, they are indirectly telling us that them too are not fit and capable to be paraded as leaders because they are among the male leaders that have failed Nigeria. but let me simply clarify and put them to order that Nigeria is much more bigger than women to govern cos even the little task that was given to them is not yielding any positive response so i'm standing firmly to object and oppose their opinion. i believe that they were only saying such just to entice the women who made them chairmen of their occasion in order for them to still feel superior and important in the society.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by MCKULQ(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2013
edababa007: We already have a female president...GEJ

my man u must be high on something. undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by MrAboki: 9:36am On Oct 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Remove Akunyili from there. She messed up after collecting information minister. Okonjo is on a level of her own.

[b]Apart from the 're-branding' mess, she did what was expected of her as Minister of Information.. That role is not a free role like that of NAFDAC.. It would be hard to get an acceptable Minister of Information because that Ministry is one of those key Ministries that is highly influenced by the F.G.

The only women we can consider for President are;

1. Dora Akunyili
2. Okonjo Iweala
3. Bianca Onoh
4. Stella Oduah
5. Allisonn Madueke
6. Oteh Arumah

Crime Stoppers alert.. Beware of this fake doctor..

https://www.nairaland.com/1482565/police-nab-fake-luth-doctor#19026778
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by lumeneng22: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2013
Why is this surgestion coming at a time when that opc woman stella oduduwa (oduah) has messed up NCCA, NAMA etc.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Ukutsgp(m): 9:41am On Oct 23, 2013
As for me, a woman can be a president in this country but it should be 200yrs time. I think i would hv been in the grave by then?
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2013
edababa007: We already have a female president...GEJ
hahahahahahagrin

Mrs Goodluck Ebele Chukwuemeka Retardeen Jonadafthan
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by KELVINXY: 9:46am On Oct 23, 2013
Manipulators

Becus they know that men has the mindset of their own,so they are searching for an easy prey.. undecided

By the way....
Please does anyone have an idea of wat the Husband to the female president should be called.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Chudi99(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2013
If fashola and osho baba realy meant what there said i think there can show good example by handing over to women in their respective state after the expiration of their tenure by so doing we know ther are very seriouse
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by jimjones: 9:56am On Oct 23, 2013
nonsense. nigeria needs leaders that are selfless, have the best interest of the suffering masses/majority at heart, and know what the fuсk they're doing. not clueless alpha-numbskulls like jonathan. gender is irrelevant.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Klinee: 9:58am On Oct 23, 2013
They are governors and they are male. Why can't they surrender their position to women let start with their state. RUBBISH!!! We need neither male nor female. What we need is a good leader be it male or female
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Ikenna94: 9:58am On Oct 23, 2013
yes we nid a woman like her majesty patricia etteh
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by MOSSADII(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2013
Anyone stopped them from doing?
6cence: What men can do, Women can also do better.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Olaone1: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
shymexx: Fashola talks like a parrot.

He likes throwing stones but he'll end up hiding his hands soon.
You are right
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Ikenna94: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
KELVIN-XY:
Manipulators

Becus they know that men has the mindset of their own,so they are searching for an easy prey.. undecided

By the way....
Please does anyone have an idea of wat the Husband to the female president should be called.
in america first gentleman
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by ayobase(m): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2013
Codedrock:
The governor also spoke on the need to control the burgeoning population of the nation, in the midst of pervading and rising cases of hunger in the land.

Fashola stated that statistics had it that two-third of the world’s seven billion population lived in abject poverty and that Nigerian women had the power to control the rising population of the nation.

“Can we consciously start slowing down the way we grow our population? If two-third already live in poverty, what chance for those coming after us if we are already in poverty?” He asked.

According to Fashola, “people are shy discussing this issue; the earlier we talk about it, the better. In 1970, the population of London was 8.5 million while Lagos was then 1.4 million.

“Today, London has dropped about one million population while Lagos has gone up to reach about 20 million. We can march out of poverty if we plan well.”

Fashola added that the Lagos State Government was already undergoing registration of all Lagosians for adequate planning for the population, urging the women register and to mobilize others to do the same so that government could plan for the future of their children.

I believe we should start working on that just as China.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Olaone1: 10:05am On Oct 23, 2013
I think we can kick-start this from Lagos State. We need a female governor in Lagos. undecided

Talk is truly cheap undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by KELVINXY: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2013
Ikenna94: in america first gentleman
Hmmm
Thats ok

But honestly this whole idea sounds weird thou
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by PointB: 10:21am On Oct 23, 2013
Abagworo:

What do you mean messed up?

She did her job as information minister of the Fed Rep to the best of her ability. She was employed as Govt Spokeperson, and when she found she couldn't do it any longer, she resigned with her honour intact. Something you couldn't say for other ministers in same cabinet with her at that time.
Besides, her records at NAFDAC is still there for all. Personally I rate Akunyili as high as Okonjo Iweala, they are both outstanding technocrats, a single (debatable) blip in not enough to take that away from them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate To Confirm Amaechi, 17 Other Remaining Ministerial Nominees Today / Stop Use Of Gutter Language, PDP Replies Tinubu / Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.