Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions (44744 Views)

ENCHANTING! HEAVENLY! Mansions For "Dash" In Lekki Penninsula! Exclusive Gallery / Beautiful Homes & Mansions, Great For Those Who Love Taste, Class And Elegance / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by abdulkayus(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Abuja the ghost city. A city wit many beautiful unoccupied houses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Bismarck10(m): 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
[quote
author=Fresia01]for d 1st tumor in. ma life i couldn't read a post and
still i scrolled dwn to see if i can understand d post tru people's
comments buh i couldn't!!! what's d man saying self?? [/quote]Why would you understand?It's not meant for blockheads.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by nzeBiddle(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
Great article. Perfectly captures the city. Housing/property in Abuja portrays a direct opposite of ECON101 a la demand and supply. Unfortunately the situation will remain as bad or even worsen for many years to come irrespective of whatever attempt made by the govt (ie the executive specifically) to salvage the situation. Why? Because and as the article highlighted, it is the same legislators who are saddled with the responsibility of making laws/policies which ordinarily should put these 'cut-throat' prices on check that ironically are the landlords.
Omo abj is not for the faint-hearted. The streets are definitely military ...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by zonax(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
The OP just said it like it is. I was mad the day I heard people pricing 3billion Naira for a land around central district, but to the glory of God, that info made someone 300miilion Naira richer (his 10%).
It's all about knowing the right people and been in the right place at the right time.

10 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by ibdeals1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nah.wa o..no wonder we get high sales and many clients in abuja than any other state cheesy
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by victorazy(m): 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
segzyj: Wetin Apen?.... Na thesis?..... too voluminous.

Maybe empirical thesis of Mr. Bala
No for those uses them they store moni!
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by mrjojo: 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Really, this article is purely epic... kudos to the writer... Just spent 6 month plus here in abuja and all the writers explained is so true... Asokoro where i work is the worse of all...You see mighty, beautiful buildings with just the aboki living in... God is watching... I was at GARKI AREA 11 last week Wednesday and what i saw almost made me lose my faith... I saw a boy of not up to 18yrs cruising his Range Rover 2013, he almost hit me..Range Rover is like "taxi" here, common as Bleep... Well , Welcome to Abuja!!!the city i still yet don't understand

5 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by piagetskinner(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Na so them go take collapse...those houses are just freaking expensive...only big time thieves and entrepreneurs can buy/rent suchundecided
Btw,this has been one of the most sensible/eye opening threads iv come Across in recent times

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by uzolexis(f): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Eyop:
I know the minister but lets just leave it like that wink cheesy

Let's just keep it btw us wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Chinom(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
That's why the whole property market is a bubble. The prices of houses in Abuja and Lagos as well as other major cities like Enugu are so bloated and inflated. It has no relation whatsover to the cost of actually building the house. The thieving politicians have ruined the property market for most Nigerians.

Personally, i do not have any business with Abuja. I remain a Lagos boy. I like to live where there are lots of water.

8 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Wow. I read that all the way through, and in this internet information overload world, that doesn't happen often Especially not on nairaland. Fascinating.

Why do people comment to say "too long" "I didn't get it" etc? Must you comment?

10 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by tivta(m): 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Beautiful indepth article. I salute the writer. Now I know why houses cost so much in abuja. I have always been hateful of most girls who live in abuja cause I have always known that majority are tramps. For those complaining that the article is too long, its obvious you lack wisdom. If it was a romantic article you would read from page 1 -100. I pity this generation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
yungchop: If I tell you that ma sister bought her 4bedroom duplex in asokoro for 116milla, you will know that's wassup wassup! angry well her husband na oil magnate sha!! As form me the only house I'll buy in Abuja that will worth that amount is the house that Jesus christ will lodge into when he returns to earth!! cheesy
For real? That's very cheap, the owner dashed her the house. The least you can get a 4bedroom or 5bedroom duplex around Maitama, Wuse2,Asokoro and likes is 300million,it can get to 800million depending on the space and facilities.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by donsteady(m): 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
MissMeiya: Wow. I read that all the way through, and in this internet information overload world, that doesn't happen often Especially not on nairaland. Fascinating.

Why do people comment to say "too long" "I didn't get it" etc? Must you comment?
Give her now!!!
Some girls ll use 20mins giving bj yet they can't spend 20 mins to read

4 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by TheTownPlanner(m): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Its a pity our Land Information System is bastardized. IMO every building above a certain worth, maybe 500M should be taxed 10% annually. And I think structures that are not used over a certain period, maybe two years should be leased and the revenue accrued to the government...its just a pity the money still ends up with them or people like them.

On the other hand, its really pathetic this people don't know what money can do o. Well, the land speculators and realtors keep making their money which is good.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Abel202: 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
I want to express my appreciation to the OP.
This is one of the best write up I have read here on Nairaland.
Very Well written, quite educative, instructive, and succintly put.
More kudos to your elbow OP as I wish you goodluck while you continue living in your beloved Abuja with all its epic characteristics.

13 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by UnknownT: 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
freeradical: Its a shame that a pretty young lady like yourself cannot take the pain to read.
and u didn't see were she said that she has tumor?gringrin . U never can tell, maybe its the tumor's fault she couldn't read! gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
donsteady:
Give her now!!!
Some girls ll use 20mins giving bj yet they can't spend 20 mins to read

That long? They must be terrible at it.

7 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
I don't read long posts BUT when I sense an informative thread by reading the first paragraph I will eventually read it to the last full stop.
This thread has opened my eyes indeed. What a great post.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Kelly32: 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Guyman02: The reality is that most people in Abuja actually live a fake life. Since I got posted to this town, I realised that my salary only pays my rent and put food on my table. No savings anymore, in Portharcourt I stayed in a 3 bedroom spacious apartment with less than the amount I am paying in Abuja for a one bedroom flat. Sometimes I feel stuck, I cant just quit my job without an alternative. Contracts are only for the really connected people.

All the schools in town are so expensive that I wish that Government should use the Ebola excuse and close all the schools till January 2015 so that I can accumulate more monthly salary to pay for my kids.

While you are struggling to pay your rent in Abuja, you find several unoccupied mansions around you with so high rent that they remain unrented for years, the owners dont care because only few of them struggled to make the money to build those mansions in Abuja, majority are from govt coffers and inflated contracts.

Abuja can be frustrating, my friend wants to relocate to Abuja by asking for transfer from his office, I have been advising him not to be deceived by the lack of heavy traffic and beautiful street lights at night and since he is gainfully employed in Lagos, with all the hassles in Eko, he should just be visiting to seek for opportunities or to have fun but not outright relocation with his family.

Abuja doesnt seem to have a soul of its own. The only alternative is to relocate to outskirts like Maraba/Nyanya where the traffic snarl to the city center every morning and evening will make you feel like your lifespan is been cut short, now it has been worsened by Soldiers doing stop and search against Boko Haram.

Bother your words are the truth. The soullessness of Abuja has a direct relationship with the activities of the individual resident in it. "Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is bad" its the individuals that make it so.
Greed in an individual looks pretty harmless, but in a lot of people living in one place at a particular time, it becomes a monster. Tell me the Sense in this, you buy a house, you will not live in the house, you will not rent the house out, No one will live in the house, you die without your family knowing of the property, you sell the property for peanuts yet people are slaving to pay for just one room. May God show mercy on humanity.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by 100Cents: 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
Crime by Abuja civil servants is monumental.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Ahmeduana(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
segzyj: Wetin Apen?.... Na thesis?..... too voluminous.
LAZY SKULL!

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
I wanted to see the pics undecided
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by piagetskinner(m): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
flinton: I dnt blame them, Abuja is a mean plc, itz either u get rich or u die trying!
I was once there tho I left but I am cumin bk. This tym fully prepared
Lol...bros u talk am like say u wan come fight war!
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by ooshinibos: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
wow , black people are desperately wicked

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by flinton(m): 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
piagetskinner:
Lol...bros u talk am like say u wan come fight war!
My guy Na so I see am nd na so e go be oo
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Oba234: 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
so you are telling me some sane people out there are buying houses for billions of Naira in Nigeria? What are the houses made of? Gold?

4 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by VirginFinder: 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Abuja!
hmmmmmmn!!
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by piagetskinner(m): 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fresia01: for d 1st tumor in. ma life i couldn't read a post and still i scrolled dwn to see if i can understand d post tru people's comments buh i couldn't!!! what's d man saying self??
Ur case is beyond remedy.....#hope u'd take the pain to read these few wordsundecided

5 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by freeradical(m): 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
UnknownT: and u didn't see were she said that she has tumor?gringrin . U never can tell, maybe its the tumor's fault she couldn't read! gringrin
Whatever her reasons be bro its still a shame....

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Eyop: 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Oba234: so you are telling me some sane people out there are buying houses for billions of Naira in Nigeria? What are the houses made of? Gold?

Yes brother. Not only houses but Land for Billions and that's why they can do anything to ensure that they are in power to enable them Loot more funds as they like.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Amya(f): 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
I've been meaning to write an article like this for a while. Everything on this article is spot on!

The most ridiculous to me are those who have shops in mega plaza's like silverbird which cost millions of Naira and they now stock it with goods worth a fraction of the shop rate. Funny they sell their stuffs the normal market rate or slightly higher. It's so glaring that these businesses are operating at so much loss that you can't but think it's just a hobby.

I know couple of people who live fine in these abandoned mansions for years without paying a dime. Some even sublet the rooms. All is part of the national cake choppings sha. lol.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Many Block To Fence 2 Plot Of Land (120 X 100) / "Face Me I Face You" Experience / Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Many Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.