Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions (44749 Views)

ENCHANTING! HEAVENLY! Mansions For "Dash" In Lekki Penninsula! Exclusive Gallery / Beautiful Homes & Mansions, Great For Those Who Love Taste, Class And Elegance / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by IYANGBALI: 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
horlah005: And u xpect me to read all dis ......smh!
abeg na wetin the guy talk say happen for abuja?
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by darlingnuel(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fresia01: for d 1st tumor in. ma life i couldn't read a post and still i scrolled dwn to see if i can understand d post tru people's comments buh i couldn't!!! what's d man saying self??
OK. Lemme finish seeing this Chelsea match, I'll explain to you

3 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Amya(f): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kelly32:

Bother your words are the truth. The soullessness of Abuja has a direct relationship with the activities of the individual resident in it. "Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is bad" its the individuals that make it so.
Greed in an individual looks pretty harmless, but in a lot of people living in one place at a particular time, it becomes a monster. Tell me the Sense in this, you buy a house, you will not live in the house, you will not rent the house out, No one will live in the house, you die without your family knowing of the property, you sell the property for peanuts yet people are slaving to pay for just one room. May God show mercy on humanity.

You're wise! The rot is in individuals. The government is not a person, rather it's made of individuals.

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 17, 2014

Lazy dude, you must be a politician.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by wo1F(m): 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
uzolexis: My friend and I met this guy in Abj,he's a minister's son (i won't say which minister). One day we went with him to see his dogs,the dogs stay in one of his father's houses in Prince and Princess estate (houses in that estate are pretty expensive). The house was a 5 bedroom duplex and guess who lives in the house 3 of their dogs and 2 men in the boys quarters who take care of the dogs,we were dazed shocked shocked A very big well furnished house just for dogs?
we finally went to their family house in maitama, Christ , I cant even remember how many cars i saw in that compound,the boy has 2 cars of his own,his sister also. the house was so big every room had an intercom to call each other. Infact lemme stop here,Nigerian politicians are very greedy....

Nice one Uzo. You've validated this excellent post from the OP. Not that I needed your account for validation, No as I have about 4 or 5 folks who already fit the profile expressed by the OP. Your submission has however brought to life the picture the OP was trying to paint. Its disheartening and awfully pathetic.

For some of us we've always known Abuja to be a city of very superficial foundation and misleading economic indices. But reading this expose from an insider is heartbreaking to say the least. Sadly I have to admit that as a nation we have a long way to go.

Lastly I couldn't help but notice this piece was written in 2013. Mods like WTF? Please help Nairaland grow intellectual content by bringing sound piece like this to the homepage and not all this one one naira threads that litter the FP.

And then to those folks who skipped this marvellous piece only to return with a plea of summary, I say to you; My Condolences. You might just be the next victim of a con within a con ploy of Abuja mortgage brokers wink

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by moshoodn(m): 9:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
NaLaugh: Real estate pricing in Naija is a joke.

Banana island is the worst.

over-valuation!

3 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by darlingnuel(m): 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
IYANGBALI: abeg na wetin the guy talk say happen for abuja?
grin
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Rehn(m): 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
While reading this post, my eyes suddenly became watery.... So people have the mind to spend such amount on houses when me and my people are struggling to survive here. Chai!!! Nigeria!!!! Nigeria!!! YOU MUST PAY FOR ALL U'VE COST ME.

7 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Neldrizzy(m): 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Even in kubwa, houses here are very costly!!!! #reping Kubwa phase 4

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by moyin2009: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is the truth about property market in Nigeria. No criteria measure the high price. OP nice work done.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by chronique(m): 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
Now,I understand why that dude asked me to move my auto sales biz to Abuja. My aunt used to live at wuse zone 2 before but had to move to airport road(arco junction or so),cos of the increase in her rent. I was shocked when someone asked me to pay around 3m for a spot that could take barely 6 cars. Didn't get to see the place physically cos we were communicating via bbm. Well,in all of these,I see some serious opportunities. Such a shame to know money is being wasted seriously in Nigeria.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Emphasis(m): 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
I have read Articles on nairaland. Not one, not two. But this Article stands out. I was so captivated by the article that I felt bad it had to end. BRAVO @Op

Spent Just 1 month in Abuja (Maitama) and I can relate to many things the poster highlighted.
People don't talk in millions in Abj, Billions do the talking.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by valinda(m): 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen: If u go to Independence Layout, Enugu, u see a lot of those houses- magnificent ones at that.
Yet, nobody has opened the gate to such houses in the past 15 yrs and u can bet nobody will do so in the next 15 yrs.
I stay at citipark...my neighbor travld since I was 11 n till now dey r not back

...even dia jeep is still lockd insyd d cmpnd...

3 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by peleson: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
I too want the national cake n I must get it soon
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by UniqueGem(m): 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
valinda: I stay at citipark...my neighbor travld since I was 11 n till now dey r not back

...even dia jeep is still lockd insyd d cmpnd...
LOL!! They must have forgotten that they own a house there.

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by chlowi(f): 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
sauceny: i wanted to make reference to the above topic by the OP,but as soon as i read the first paragraph i thought the main bone of contention would get started at the second paragraph,i got to the second and third paragraph, but mr OP was still talking about the story of his life,so i got fed up and decided to quit reading....grin

Me too angry
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
NaLaugh: Real estate pricing in Naija is a joke.

My brother I though I was the only one thinking this. I wonder how they come up with pricing.

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Neldrizzy(m): 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
mrjojo: Really, this article is purely epic... kudos to the writer... Just spent 6 month plus here in abuja and all the writers explained is so true... Asokoro where i work is the worse of all...You see mighty, beautiful buildings with just the aboki living in... God is watching... I was at GARKI AREA 11 last week Wednesday and what i saw almost made me lose my faith... I saw a boy of not up to 18yrs cruising his Range Rover 2013, he almost hit me..Range Rover is like "taxi" here, common as Bleep... Well , Welcome to Abuja!!!the city i still yet don't understand
@enboldened, i know the boy, his name is Daniel, but his nickname is naijaboiy, he is ma friend, most of the time we do cruise 2geda cool
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Truetalk(m): 10:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
freeradical: Its a shame that a pretty young lady like yourself cannot take the pain to read.

How u take pass exams for school?
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Greenified(m): 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
If i spend the whole time on this your "novel", what time will be left to read other people's own.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by aadoiza: 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
You're telling a hackneyed story. We go still buy all of una mansions for small money in no time.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Fresia01(f): 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bismarck10: Why would you understand?It's not meant for blockheads.
most people just find pleasure in dissing people!!! simple thing i typed plus i knw i made a mistake while typing 'time ' , u ve started making it look like am i dunce when i knw that normally in academics u can't match me,, in writing u can't beat me even in reading!!! i wouldn't be surprised to knw that you didn't even read the post.. foool!!!

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by okych16(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2014

they put gun 4 ur head to read it...must u comment...

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
Guyman02: Abuja is a city where many young people live very fake lives.
U are very wrong,! If abj is fake den wat is lag?
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by san316(m): 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
You can only know these if you are close to those at the corridors of power. There are many of these houses and more are still coming up. Because of these, they've sent almost all the poor people out of abj to nassarawa and Nigeria. Imagine people in abj saying there is no accommodation whereas there are more empty houses than those inhabited.

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by okych16(m): 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
Keneking: Jonathan ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Aboki, wetin jonathan do nw...evry tin na jonathan...ur goat get belle u call him,...u sure say u understand wetin the op talk sef...by d way nice one @op

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by 4ormidable(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Wow! Did I just read all that? I guess reading the whole of an encyclopedia would now be a work over.. Nice piece though:-D
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
this house near mine in maitama which had nothing spectacular in it went for nothing less than 400 million and was bought by a high cheif judge. Nothing's special with our house too sha but.....i just think abuja's overated undecided
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by jaxxy(m): 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
Profound anology of dept of d decay and corruption is abuja as a state and d naija govt system. Hw can we truely progress as a nation/system like this

3 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by wilyparker(m): 11:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nigeria is rich sha.... smh
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
After a year, this thread makes front page. Who says musiwa's threads won't make front page one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Many Trapped / "Face Me I Face You" Experience / How Many Block To Fence 2 Plot Of Land (120 X 100)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.