Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria (55079 Views)

Trailer Falls On Family Car In Anambra, Claims Four Lives Instantly..photos / Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 / Advice Needed: Most Durable Yet Feminine Suv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by physise(m): 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
nissan quest
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
chibabe3: From analysis of all the posts, it's quite obvious that your best bet considering your burget is a manual gear toyota picnic. Though I have not seen one with automatic gear. You can't get a sienna at that price but it's cost of maintenance may be high for you unless you can afford to add 200k to the money. Personally, I am hoping to get a toyota verso avensis for my big family.
They aint in Auto,they are frm the EU,
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by safedriveng: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
Toyota picnic is your car 1.8/2.0L engine. Save urslf al this wahala
Its mostly converted and the direct left hand drive MIGHT cost over a 1M. Just make sure u buy if from a credible source.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by ukandi1(m): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
chucky234: Dodge Cavaran and Ford Windster are both durable and affordable.
but very expensive to maintain . Infact, spare parts are not available and with few qualified mechanics
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adex2000ng(m): 4:54am On Nov 01, 2013
adejide2: Highly grateful to all your contributions. We are six in my family. Mention the name of the car and price. Does anybody knows the car that look like toyota sienna with wind down window?

The vehicle you are talking about that look like sienna is Toyota previa (i think 2000 model) the dashboard interior is superb. it is a very good car

I use the Toyota Sienna 2000 model i pre-ordered from inspired autos in this forum april 2013. Meeehn, Sienna is a wonderful car full of power and good for family but it is fuel thirsty since it is a v6 engine. in any case u will enjoy it

1 Like

Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by ukandi1(m): 4:58am On Nov 01, 2013
Volkwagen Sharan is a better option to me. Its very durable, mostly manual transsmission, easy to fix and fuel economical... Preference for toyota versions as suggested by many here is psychological.. Sharan wil serve ur purpose better though not as beautifully designed as others.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 8:00am On Nov 01, 2013
adex2000ng:

The vehicle you are talking about that look like sienna is Toyota previa (i think 2000 model) the dashboard interior is superb. it is a very good car

I use the Toyota Sienna 2000 model i pre-ordered from inspired autos in this forum april 2013. Meeehn, Sienna is a wonderful car full of power and good for family but it is fuel thirsty since it is a v6 engine. in any case u will enjoy it
. You mean toyota previa has passenger wind down window? Is it fuel economy, easy to maintain, strong as sienna and come in auto because I prefer auto car?
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2013
ukandi1: Volkwagen Sharan is a better option to me. Its very durable, mostly manual transsmission, easy to fix and fuel economical... Preference for toyota versions as suggested by many here is psychological.. Sharan wil serve ur purpose better though not as beautifully designed as others.
. I had vw. Come with some problems like transmission and engine and electrical? Does this free from such because I know some are auto.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by kingschild123(m): 8:54am On Nov 01, 2013
Since its a family car I suggest you go for Toyota Sienna

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by ukandi1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
adejide2: . I had vw. Come with some problems like transmission and engine and electrical? Does this free from such because I know some are auto.
talking about vehicles with auto transmission failure, Honda is top on the log followed by toyota... Its true toyota disappointments are always overlooked and excused cos of the psychological acceptance of toyota by nigerians..
Talking about electrical problems, its true vw top d log but that can be handled by rewiring where need be.
Believe me, it d fact

1 Like

Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
ukandi1:
talking about vehicles with auto transmission failure, Honda is top on the log followed by toyota... Its true toyota disappointments are always overlooked and excused cos of the psychological acceptance of toyota by nigerians..
Talking about electrical problems, its true vw top d log but that can be handled by rewiring where need be.
Believe me, it d fact
. This is interesting and informative. Do you mean vw is more better than toyota and honda in terms of transmission? Is it all model of vw? What about mazda and nissan, are still better than th two?
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
ukandi1:
Believe me, it d fact
. This is interesting and informative. Do you mean vw is more better than toyota and honda in terms of transmission? Is it all model of vw? What about mazda and nissan, are still better than th two? What brand of car can you recommend as a nigerian that will be durable and reliable and easy to maintained?
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Oga go and buy a car and stop this useless and unnecessary whining and if PERFECT durability and reliability are ur concerns then I will advice you people stick to your LEGS! AT LEAST IN THAT CASE YOU WILL BE ASSURED OF PERFECT DURABILITY AND RELIABILITY! undecided

adejide2: . This is interesting and informative. Do you mean vw is more better than toyota and honda in terms of transmission? Is it all model of vw? What about mazda and nissan, are still better than th two? What brand of car can you recommend as a nigerian that will be durable and reliable and easy to maintained?

1 Like

Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 5:40am On Nov 02, 2013
Get me right I am looking for perfect car but relatively perfect one which I know is possible. Experience is the best teacher. I just need the experience of people to get good and not perfect car. However I appreciate your comment.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 02, 2013
now am very sure the experience you ve been gathering has been enlightening or you'd rather I said CONFUSING?

adejide2: Get me right I am looking for perfect car but relatively perfect one which I know is possible. Experience is the best teacher. I just need the experience of people to get good and not perfect car. However I appreciate your comment.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 8:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nothing like confusion when I am not daft
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
If that's true then you should know that a car's reliability and dependability are subject 2 a lot of variables which are not universal! Hence your quest can be likened to a man chasing SHADOWS!

adejide2: Nothing like confusion when I am not daft
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
eaglechild:
Why are Nigerians in a Toyota zombie state?
Who says a Honda or Nissan is a bad family car?

Because they've been brainwashed. It'll take longer than Nigeria's independence to change the perception, that any car without a Toyota badge isn't worth owning.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by ziccoit: 5:06am On Nov 03, 2013
^^^^^ lol. Toyota zombies.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
smartchoice: If that's true then you should know that a car's reliability and dependability are subject 2 a lot of variables which are not universal! Hence your quest can be likened to a man chasing SHADOWS!

. Far from it, I am an open-minded fellow. Surely the contributions of people are being noted, but let's make them objectively and constructively.

1 Like

Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
ziccoit: ^^^^^ lol. Toyota zombies.
. That is why I am open to every counseling. Just give your own and leave the rest for those who will hear.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by olumide4christ: 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Siena - I notice that people did not say much on the Mazda MPV. I'm interested in purchasing the MPV 2001, I've seen a lot of positive comments on the car in nairaland and elsewhere, BUT, what's your HONEST OPINION about the Mazda MPV 2001 in terms of reliability, availability of parts/mechanics in Lagos, fuel consumption, etc? Expect your response soonest.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by ping2ping: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mazda MPV is.....oh, sorry. You only requested for comment from @Sienna.

1 Like

Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
ping2ping: Mazda MPV is.....oh, sorry. You only requested for comment from @Sienna.
. Your own contribution on mpv and why nigeria are afraid of buy mazda product is also welcome.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 13, 2013
Mazda MPV 2001 is the type of family car that . . .Oops sorry your question was directed @ Mr. Siena, apologies for my attempt to intrude with my "live experience" undecided

olumide4christ: @Siena - I notice that people did not say much on the Mazda MPV. I'm interested in purchasing the MPV 2001, I've seen a lot of positive comments on the car in nairaland and elsewhere, BUT, what's your HONEST OPINION about the Mazda MPV 2001 in terms of reliability, availability of parts/mechanics in Lagos, fuel consumption, etc? Expect your response soonest.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by olumide4christ: 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ping2ping, smartchoice, your contributions are also welcome. Perhaps it was a mistake on my part to direct the question to him in particular, this isnt a personal forum, anyone and everyone is free to contribute, whether questions are directed to them or not OR whether their opinions are sought or not. Expecting your contributions.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
Tooooo tooo la8

olumide4christ: Ping2ping, smartchoice, your contributions are also welcome. Perhaps it was a mistake on my part to direct the question to him in particular, this isnt a personal forum, anyone and everyone is free to contribute, whether questions are directed to them or not OR whether their opinions are sought or not. Expecting your contributions.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by olumide4christ: 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
@smartchoice - no problems.
Re: The Most Durable And Reliable Family Car To Buy In Nigeria by adejide2: 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
Research says mercury villager 2000 model is very rugged but I need nija owners and expert mechanic who have worked on it to comment about their fuel consumption and reliability.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired / Nigerian Man Transforms Toyota Venza To Rolls Royce Sweptail (photos) / See Photos Of The World’s Craziest Limousines – Which Would You Pick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.