Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,073 members, 7,807,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN (39166 Views)

Change: World Now Listens When Nigeria Speaks (Photo) / Caption This Photo, World Now Listen When Nigeria Speaks (CHANGE) ??? / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
adconline: Wage war against Naija like MEND, u get rewarded in $$ ££.
Become a terrorist like Boko Haram and you will get presidential pardon.
Steal pension funds in excess of $200m and will be asked to pay back $4000.00
Let's blame the gay for everything

Where are you seeing people blaming homosexuals for everything?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by seanet02: 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
Say no to homosexualism
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by sultanemerald(m): 11:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
Miss EZ:

Lol. Sagamite, abeg no kill me with laugh. I think he sees Sodom and Gomorrah as two different countries (They arent even a country sef, talkless of two).

In any case, i am not advocating for an acceptance of homosexuality. I however think that criminalizing it makes people who subscribe to this lifestyle easy targets and that is where the violation comes in. They have a right to association and affiliation and that include religious, sexual, traditional etc. I still maintain that who a person sleeps with is a private matter and has no bearing on the economic development of the country.

Nigeria should definitely state their view on the issue, but i really think that making it a criminal offence was very unnecessary and the law is a silly at best.

Speaking of which, I have to commend you and the way you state your points. Nigerians can be silly sometimes during an argument. I have been reading the response and it is annoying to see people calling others gay because they dont think the law makes sense. There is something called respect for another persons belief and lifestyle. I dont have to agree with it. Respect doesnt equal support. You seem to understand this and it shows in the way you respond to differing point of view.

did you say freedom of religious association? Someone called the bible a book of fairytales. I forgive him/her. Now, in Christianity there is a stipulated way for unions. And its where a man leaves his parent's home and joins with a woman. That's the stand from a religious point of view. If they want to be homosexuals, they shouldn't make noise about it. Peeps who commit adultery don't come making noise about it or pestering anyone to accept it as a new fad. My stand is if you want to be gay, be gay in your closet. Don't bug anyone about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Miles78(f): 11:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
If u r fucking ur woman from anus and enjoys it, 100% chances are u r gay! 14years be that oooo!!
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
sultanemerald:

did you say freedom of religious association? Someone called the bible a book of fairytales. I forgive him/her. Now, in Christianity there is a stipulated way for unions. And its where a man leaves his parent's home and joins with a woman. That's the stand from a religious point of view. If they want to be homosexuals, they shouldn't make noise about it. Peeps who commit adultery don't come making noise about it or pestering anyone to accept it as a new fad. My stand is if you want to be gay, be gay in your closet. Don't bug anyone about it.

Well, that speaks to my point of freedom of association including religion or lack thereof. We live in a multi-religious and multi-cultural society. That means that we do not all subscribe to the same belief.

Back to your point. If a christian came out to justify homosexuality, that is a totally different matter and my response will be very different. I have met homosexuals who say they are practicing Christians. Hmmm, my question is which bible are you reading? God is very clear about this issue. Anyway let s not derail the thread.

You are echoing my sentiment which is one's sexual orientation is a private issue and i think that it is honestly nobodies business who a law abiding citizen sleeps with as long as it is not sexual abuse, rape, pedophilia etc.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Miss EZ:

Lol. Sagamite, abeg no kill me with laugh. I think he sees Sodom and Gomorrah as two different countries (They arent even a country sef, talkless of two).

In any case, i am not advocating for an acceptance of homosexuality. I however think that criminalizing it makes people who subscribe to this lifestyle easy targets and that is where the violation comes in. They have a right to association and affiliation and that include religious, sexual, traditional etc. I still maintain that who a person sleeps with is a private matter and has no bearing on the economic development of the country.

Nigeria should definitely state their view on the issue, but i really think that making it a criminal offence was very unnecessary and the law is a silly at best.

Speaking of which, I have to commend you and the way you state your points. Nigerians can be silly sometimes during an argument. I have been reading the response and it is annoying to see people calling others gay because they dont think the law makes sense. There is something called respect for another persons belief and lifestyle. I dont have to agree with it. Respect doesnt equal support. You seem to understand this and it shows in the way you respond to differing point of view.

I take it you got the "right to association and affiliation" thingy from the UN Declaration of Human Rights.

I am afraid in every country that right is subject to the interpretation adopted.

Actions are always subject to legislation in every country.

Even in the UK and some other EU countries, religious rights has faced suppression for the benefits of other values they deem superior like homosexual rights.

And as I have said before on NL, economic development is not the only factor governments have to take into consideration when formulating policy. Social issues and values are equally as important.

It is like saying your daughter can prostitute herself because she would make more money than if she had an unskilled career.

About your commending me for respecting other people's opinion, I am sorry babes but it is clear you don't know me well on NL. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I suggest you go through my post history.

By the time you get to page 5 it would be quickly be pretty obvious to you what I am known for on NL. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am the rudest and most intolerant NLer ever.

The positive of this is that everyone knows I am immensely intelligent, I always back up my points with faultless intellectual logic and whoever I attack deserves it for being completely dimwitted. cool

I don't want to say anymore because I am sticking to being a humble person today. wink

I respect differing views only if the author appears to have utilised the brain just a little bit, otherwise I get my intellectual scythe out and cut off their head.

I don't need to call anyone an homosexual for arguing in favour of homosexuals. I can easily cut down any of their arguments without even having to resort to any religious jargon. Just pure logic!
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 11:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
vire: Well i am not a supporter of same sex marriage but how long they can hold on is the problem..Nigerians may not support it now but how long can this opposition hold.A lot of the younger generation is accepting homosexuality and soon the tides will change..The western Nations have the money and Media to propagate same sex ideologies and trust me Nigeria will be the new heaven for all these propaganda...every movie, song, news and sitcoms will feature a scene to help show that homosexuality should be accepted.. There is a way of science whereby if you keep reading or seeing a particular thing for a long time it becomes the norm....we were a nation where going nude was a taboo but now its the new way to define sexy

Spartacus
was designed to achieved this.

It failed woefully.

The youth are even more resentful of homosexuality in Nigeria.

Conduct your own survey.

Nigeria's government should be commended for making it a legal issue otherwise, Indian r a p e issue would be a child's play.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 11:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
ifebosco: the same way does slave masters in america in the 18 and 19centuries used the bible to perpetuate their art of barbaric slave trade,Ephesians 6:4-6: Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. you and many of you are using the bible to sell hatred.im not a gay and will never hate anybody because of his sexual orientation

What's your view on i n c e s t?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 12:00am On Oct 24, 2013
vire: Well i am not a supporter of same sex marriage but how long they can hold on is the problem..Nigerians may not support it now but how long can this opposition hold.A lot of the younger generation is accepting homosexuality and soon the tides will change..The western Nations have the money and Media to propagate same sex ideologies and trust me Nigeria will be the new heaven for all these propaganda...every movie, song, news and sitcoms will feature a scene to help show that homosexuality should be accepted.. There is a way of science whereby if you keep reading or seeing a particular thing for a long time it becomes the norm....we were a nation where going nude was a taboo but now its the new way to define sexy

This is so true!

The minute Frank Ocean declared he was an homosexual, I knew many awards and invites to major events were coming his way.

The previously unknown Jason Collins the basketballer, all of a sudden, started presenting awards on MTV this year.

The gay argument has been successful not my logical arguments, but by pure propaganda that attacks the senses of simpletons.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:03am On Oct 24, 2013
pazienza: Gay issue is one that time will sort out, it's only normal that people resist what they perceive as evil change, Christianity and it's doctrines were once resisted, it took years and time for people to accept such a change. The ancestors that fought Christianity are dead, their descendants have come to accept Christianity foreign doctrines, so will the homophobic parents die off, and be replaced by homo friendly descendants. Give it a generation or two, and this will no longer be an issue.

Christianity is equal to homosexuality?

Or what?

Can we also infer that Americans and Europeans oppose to Islamic Jihad currently will die off and their descendants will accept it in a generation or two?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:06am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

This is so true!

The minute Frank Ocean declared he was an homosexual, I knew many awards and invites to major events were coming his way.

The previously unknown Jason Collins the basketballer, all of a sudden, started presenting awards on MTV this year.

The gay argument has been successful not my logical arguments, but by pure propaganda that attacks the senses of simpletons.

Hollywood has been promoting the culture of extreme gun violence for eons too meanwhile.

And we've continued to criminalize the same gun violence culture.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:07am On Oct 24, 2013
vire:

time is already telling....they are wining the war....more people are getting inclined to homosexuality....like i said....guys would love to see two girls have sex than two guys...so a few of us are being won over grin grin grin

More people will spend time behind bars.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:09am On Oct 24, 2013
emmalexabl: ..[b]92% of nigerians opposed it.,that shows we still get conscience.
This homosexual act is unnatural and dirty in every aspect.[/b]

A Pew report actually says 98%
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:12am On Oct 24, 2013
iyeyemi: a nation with ridiculously high levels of corruption and all round shamelessness, suddenly remembers it has values and traditions.

Yes, we have high level corruption already.

We don't want to add to it.

Homosexuality is the highest level of corruption known to man.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:15am On Oct 24, 2013
Gwekzy: Wat about Under age marriage

It is being tackled.

What about bestiality in other countries?

It is legal in some part of Europe except there's a proof of cruelty to the beast involved.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by UyiIredia(m): 12:21am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

Christianity is equal to homosexuality?

Or what?

Can we also infer that Americans and Europeans oppose to Islamic Jihad currently will die off and their descendants will accept it in a generation or two?

He he ! Nice counter-point.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:21am On Oct 24, 2013
wman: Funny how so many would love watching lesbians perform in por.n films & enjoy threes.omes with 2 girls involved yet they say they are anti-gay.
So many have watched Pirates & have other por.n movies with girl to girl acts on their phones & computers yet dem dey claim anti-gay.

Yes same sex marriage should be prohibited but anyone should feel free to sleep with whom he likes in his private room.

I'm not gay not do I support it but I feel what two consenting adults do with their d.ick & asse.s in their private room is no ones business but theirs.

But I'm against accepting it publicly & joining them under the holy matrimony called marriage.

The 15 years jail term is wrong. 2 guys/girls wishes to do it & its no ones business.

I think everyone should have a right to a private life regardless of what others think so far his/her private life affects no other person negatively & he/she is willing to bear the consequence of such.

#nohomo.

No, you are not free to sleep with anyone you like.

You are not free to sleep with your father for instance, even though you are both adults.

If you are caught, you will go to jail and possibly ostracize by the community.

It is not our culture, get used to it.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:24am On Oct 24, 2013
Lilimax: Good!
They should also speak-out about corruption

We are doing that all the time.

Read the news more often.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:28am On Oct 24, 2013
mickyarams: Nigerians with their funny mentality. Universities have been on strike for almost 6 months now, Corruption has made us the laughing stock of the world. Just mention the word Nigeria abroad and people will start laughing, and the government are getting their knickers in a twist over gay people. Brainless tw*ts!

You are free to renounce your nationality to save you from your deep complex.

They laughed at the Chinese for decades until they started borrowing money from them to feed.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:34am On Oct 24, 2013
chineloSA:
"WHAT YOU RESIST PERSISTS"

No matter what the FG can do, there will always be gays in our society. In the closet or out of the closet.

You will be shocked at the number of Nigerian man in foreign lands, who are gays. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Sleeping and experimenting with Oyibo man.

I do not support a nannystatism undecided undecided undecided. Some sort of discretion should be left for individuals/ society to decide for themselves and some should be left for the government to exercise their power.

Is it the gays that cause poverty, disease, illiteracy etc?? How about focusing on such issues and leave HOMOSEXUALITY to individuals.

SEXUAL PREFERENCES AND CHOICES SHOULD BE LEFT FOR INDIVIDUALS.

undecided undecided I am ready to be attacked by a school of pirhanas ( Anti-gays ) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes, there are also armed robbers and pedophiles and terrorists and fraudsters and hard drug barons amongst us.

No, it is not the a r m e d robbers and pedophiles and terrorists and fraudsters and hard drug barons that caused poverty, disease, illiteracy etc, but they are criminals under our laws.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 12:35am On Oct 24, 2013
At Sagamite,

Guess i met you on a good day. I can only judge from my discussion with you today. Me i no be nairaland ninja so i guess i miss a lot of the action.

In terms of interpretation of the law, i agree that certain stipulations are subject to the country's understanding or interpretation of that law. I still however think that there is no reason why homosexuality should be a criminal offence.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:41am On Oct 24, 2013
NotoriousB.ig:
In time,this act will be accepted in Nigeria. These white countries especially america, are doing everything possible to make the world gay. they use the media to propagate their perverted plans. you now see in movies and cartoons they make being gay cool. It's just a matter of time before the whole world is gay. i just hope it's not in my generation though, cuz i can't afford to be shagging a guy from behind.

Slavery ended long long time ago meanwhile.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Miss EZ: At Sagamite,

Guess i met you on a good day. I can only judge from my discussion with you today. Me i no be nairaland ninja so i guess i miss a lot of the action.

In terms of interpretation of the law, i agree that certain stipulations are subject to the country's understanding or interpretation of that law. I still however think that there is no reason why homosexuality should be a criminal offence.

What is the reason why i n c e s t is a criminal offense?

Cause your white gods say so perhaps.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ludot(m): 12:46am On Oct 24, 2013
People are so quick to shout 'death to homosexuals'

How does homosexuality differ from fornication and adultery? The last time I checked, they are all sins according to the two major religions in Nigeria.

If you have never committed fornication or adultery before then you are free to cast the first stone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by wman(m): 12:46am On Oct 24, 2013
Any one thinking homosexualism won't be eventually legalised in Nigeria is just fooling his/her self. These are the last days.

Years ago it was a taboo to have sex before marriage according to both tradition and religion. Now it is the norm.

Lets follow censorship of movies and T.V series.

In the early 20th century who would have thought that nudity would be shown on live T.V and still be rated 16. Now we have:
Spartacus
True Blood
Game of Thrones
Board Walk Empire
Rome e.t.c

Main stream movies rated PG 14 now show the naked boo.bs and asses of girls without their pussy showing e.g
Titanic
American Pie
Bad Teacher
Snow White and the huntsman e.t.c (I rarely watch movies so I can't name more but I'm sure u can fill in more yourself)
These movies are shown on channels and other local T.V stations by 10 p.m upwards. Even 8 year olds watch them. The unacceptable has thus become the norm.

Lets move to Nollywood. Showing side boo.bs was wrong b4 but now its okay. Showing the actor your frontal view while backing the camera was wrong b4 but now its cool.

So many music videos that would be banned in the 90's are now allowed.

Even in the manner of dressing. B4 the term mini-skirt was used but its no longer used as such skirts & dresses are even worn to religious institutions.

Songs with profane lyrics are on the rise. The censorship board relax their rules every year.

Our forefathers wouldn't have believed it if they were told that pre marital sex would be the norm.

In the 1960s if they had told our parents that T.V series with nude scenes would be the norm, they would argue with u that its impossible.

Anyone with half a brain would study the trend worldwide.

As long as there are immoral people to support an act & as long as that act doesn' t affect other people's lifes, it would come to stay.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:47am On Oct 24, 2013
bionicdude: i've got nothing against gays,they can experiment any way they want as long as they don't do dat Poo near me.I still luk forward to getting sum punnani rather than sticking my dong into sum dude's anus

It's got nothing to do with what you have against homosexuals.

It is against Nigerian law.

Some people don't have anything against fraudsters as long as they are not the victims.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 12:47am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

What is the reason why i n c e s t is a criminal offense?

Cause your white gods say so perhaps.

Porka, if you have a point to make, please do so with respect.

My response to your question would be, why would you want to sleep with a member of your family? I hope you have gone through my previous post to see my stance on homosexuality. I am not in support of the lifestyle, but i do not think it should be criminalized.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:51am On Oct 24, 2013
ludot: People are so quick to shout 'death to homosexuals'

How does homosexuality differ from fornication and adultery?

If you have never committed fornication or adultery before then you are free to cast the first stone.

Homosexuality is man sleeping with or having sexual affection towards a man or woman sleeping with or having sexual affection towards a woman.

Fornication and Adultery are betrayal of trust either as a single or married person.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 12:54am On Oct 24, 2013
Miss EZ:

Porka, if you have a point to make, please do so with respect.

My response to your question would be, why would you want to sleep with a member of your family? I hope you have gone through my previous post to see my stance on homosexuality. I am not in support of the lifestyle, but i do not think it should be criminalized.

I will borrow your question.

Why would you, a woman, want to sleep with another woman?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 1:01am On Oct 24, 2013
dahfweshdude69: jeez...dis world is in shambles...d present generation can say no but Wat about d upcoming generations...am 17 and I have dis friend who thinks homosexuality should b allowed... he has so many homo pals...now imagine if. Dat pal finds himself in power...we dey battle boko... ASUU never call of strike...now homo peeps are bringing dere own trouble... only GOD can save us....

We've had 419 kingpins in power before.

We've had (still do have) corrupt people in power; in the executive, legislature and judiciary.

They are consistently exposed and shamed.

We wait for your friends and his pals.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 1:04am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

I will borrow your question.

Why would you, a woman, want to sleep with another woman?

I honestly don't know. As a woman, i strongly appreciate my male counterparts and have no desire to be with a woman. At the end of the day, it is none of my business. My thing is, keep it out of my face, do not approach me with it and most importantly don't try to force me to accept it. As long as people respect themselves, i will respect them also. Finish!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

Osuofia Ndigbo Visits VP Osinbajo In Aso Rock Today / Is A Federal Minister Superior To A State Governor Constitutionally? / Profile Of Osagie Ize-Iyamu PDP Governorship Candidate In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.