Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? (23558 Views)

The Good 80s: Just What Is Your Taste In MUSIC? / For Those That Appreciate Quality Videos This Is The Very Video For Your Taste. / The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by BabaAlabi: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
A good friend of mine loves listening to songs by Terry G while another is into rock. Guess which one is writing JAMB for the 4th time?
I found an article which said that students who loved listening to Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj performed lower in IQ tests. Does our musical preference correlate with intelligence?

13 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by lalaboi(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Its Plain Rubbish. grin

Jamb itself is a flawed means of trying to get students into university. Complete waste.

28 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by BabaAlabi: 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
lalaboi: Its Plain Rubbish. grin

Jamb itself is a flawed means of trying to get students into university. Complete waste.
Lol...But does the kind of music you listen to matter? For example many Nigerians don't care about meaningful lyrics in a song, na only dance dem wan dance. Does it have an effect on exams and reasoning?

10 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by lalaboi(m): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
BabaAlabi:
Lol...But does the kind of music you listen to matter? For example many Nigerians don't care about meaningful lyrics in a song, na only dance dem wan dance. Does it have an effect on exams and reasoning?

Its hard to explain. The type of music you listen to does not show how smart you are. well, what i think anyway

Smart and Dumb people can enjoy the same type of music at any time.

Just because one does not pass Jamb does not mean he is not intelligent. Different reasons can be the cause. Definitely not music

2 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Mynd44: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
This thread is somehow oo
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by lalaboi(m): 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mynd_44: This thread is somehow oo

Lol. . . in what way? Share your thoughts grin
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by BabaAlabi: 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
lalaboi:

Its hard to explain. The type of music you listen to does not show how smart you are. well, what i think anyway

Smart and Dumb people can enjoy the same type of music at any time.

Just because one does not pass Jamb does not mean he is not intelligent. Different reasons can be the cause. Definitely not music
I think it does. Maybe it's because I don't really like lil wayne but I think it matters. It's not as if people should avoid the music entirely but it should be a once in a while affair. Take a look at this
"According to a recent study, Lil Wayne fans
are as dumb as a rock. If you enjoy Beyonce
and T.I., you're not too far behind. If you
listen to Beethoven, you're practically a
genuis.
Data for the study was gathered from
Facebook. The study's author found kids
from different colleges across the US, and
compared their favorite music to the
average SAT scores from those schools.
According to the results, Lil Wayne fans had
the lowest SAT score at 876, giving his fans
the dreaded title of "dumbest fans," while
fans bands like Radiohead, Counting Crows
and singer Sufjan Stevens ranked in the
1200s. Fans of Beethoven ranked the highest
at 1376. A perfect SAT score is 1600."

15 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Mynd44: 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
lalaboi:

Lol. . . in what way? Share your thoughts grin
I am a rap fan but I can't consider myself as dumb na.

I have a cousin who loves whizkid, Burnaboy and Davido but he is very intelligent.

So this thread is somehow

3 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by lalaboi(m): 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mynd_44:

I have a cousin who loves whizkid, Burnaboy and Davido but he is very intelligent.

lol. Ur definition of somehow? You have just shared your thoughts which means NO "The type of music you listen to does not show how intelligent you are". .

If modenine fan club of back then was here now they would beg to differ grin
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by BabaAlabi: 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mynd_44:

True...but do you call the crap Lil Wayne sings 'Rap'? Generalization is dangerous but the facts are there. Majority of people who love listening to Lil Wayne or Terry G are not that bright.

5 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Mynd44: 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
BabaAlabi:
True...but do you call the crap Lil Wayne sings 'Rap'? Generalization is dangerous but the facts are there. Majority of people who love listening to Lil Wayne or Terry G are not that bright.

wrong!!!!!

So you would say those who like Kwam1 are unintelligent abi? You need to see beyond your glasses

3 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Mynd44: 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
lalaboi:

lol. Ur definition of somehow? You have just shared your thoughts which means NO "The type of music you listen to does not show how intelligent you are". .

If modenine fan club of back then was here now they would beg to differ grin
It is somehow cos it sounds right and intelligent but it is soooo wrong.

I remember that Mode 9 fan club, they say Ruggenman fans are unintelligent

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by kekakuz(m): 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
people who listen to soft rock are matured and emotional
i dont know about others

7 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by devigblegble: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
Not in the mood for these crap question

3 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
Dumbest reasoning and most silly question I've seen this year

Mukina, abeg dey screen threads for fp

2 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by amiskurie(m): 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
I knew I was a genius.I need to check my IQ.

these are my kinds: MIRANDA LAMBERT,JOHN MAYER,BONGOS IKWE,TAILOR SWIFT AND MANY MORE.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Willgates(m): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
just because someone is writing JAMB for the fourth time doesn't mean he's got an abysmal I.Q. And did you just say lil Wayne's songs? damn! the manner at which that guy plays with words is simply incredible! If u don't like his songs it's because u have a low I.Q already

43 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Codedrock(m): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO LIL WAYNE ft BURNO MARS- MIRROR.
AND JUST FINISHED LISTENING TO NICKI MINAJ- STARSHIPS WITH MY HEADPHONE.. So dont give a shit about any crappy law or quote all you have to do is study wella.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by bknight: 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
Rather its the IQ that determines what kind of music one listens to, I think.

A man's higher IQ may lead him to listen to Ebenezer Obey. A man with lower IQ might consider the lyrics/thoughts in the lyrics dull, so he opts for Obesere.

Well, intelligent or not we all have right to live and enjoy life through music, so to each his own. Intelligence doesn't guarantee u 100yrs on earth undecided

12 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Ikenna94: 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
wen i was a kid i likd songs by african china nd kimi ranking i.e dapada.bt i was fantastic in skul nt to mention dat i did nt read 4 exams den.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by vizboy(m): 5:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
wetin una want make I talk
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by amiskurie(m): 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
SEE DEM,THE OLODOS QIUCKLY FIGHTING BACK.

7 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
fuji, you're a thug grin

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by slap1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
Give me R and B. Give me rock, then leave me alone.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Indifferent(m): 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nonsense ! Music all depends on mood. Even the scholars know when to shake their bumm bumm

2 Likes

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by oladoya(m): 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
well well well music atimes affects our morale. As for me anytime i want to do mathematics, i like listening to a very fast and high tempo music. But normally slow musics affect some people's morale.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
I have heard this argument before. Some pals of mine were arguing about Jazz and Hip Hop and its possible effects on one's intelligence quotient. I beg to differ here simple because I don't really like generalizations and also because population samples taken for Studies such as these are most times, flawed. Nevertheless, the facts seem to show it but I still disagree. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Ikenna94: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
bt d trut is dat lil wayne nd nicki minaj's song lyrics re good english words smtimes rare english words dat re nt ordinarily used. I tink people dat like rock nd metal music re les inteligent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meaning Of The "Mirror" Music Video By Lil Wayne (feat. Bruno Mars). / Mon Jane Na (2019) Bangla Songs Download | Yash, Mimi / An Unbiased Review Of The 15th Headies Award By TrendyBeatz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.