Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. (10551 Views)

Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 / Residents Chase David Mark's Contractor Handling Road Projects Away / Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2013
The Anambra Executive Council has approved N10.6 billion for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of some roads in the state.
The Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Chief Joe-Martins Uzodike, announced this at the end of the council’s meeting in Awka on Wednesday.
He said the construction of access roads at Green Wood City, Awka, was awarded at the cost of N3.6 billion, while the Umueje- Aguleri Road would cost five billion naira.
Uzodike said Onitsha-Obosi and Nkpor roads would cost of two billion naira, adding that other roads include 1.5 km road from MINAJ Nkpor-Obosi Road, Army Barracks gate-Onitsha-Asaba dual carriage way.
The others are Azubuike Street to Limca Road, Onitsha, Ezeabor, Nanka, Isionye and Enugu Ozalla streets to Nkpor Junction.
The commissioner said the roads would be
completed within 18 months.
He said N350 million was approved for the
completion of a tourist centre at Agulu Lake
and N750 million for the 50 room Onitsha Hotel expected to be completed in nine months time.

http://sundiatapost.com/index.php/main-news/latest-news/11-latest-news/anambra-approves-n10-6bn-for-road-projects

1 Like

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
is it not funny Peter Obi has awarded more contracts in his last few months than in his 8 years? Just yesterday he awarded 2.4 billion for building of schools. Trying to save face. I guess the criticism is getting to him. it will be worse when he leaves to a performing governor

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by Cuche: 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
N10.6b for road project? It is for election project.
I am glad Anambrarians are beginning to see the thief for who he is.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by Cuche: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
N10.6b for road project? It is for election project.
I am glad Anambrarians are beginning to see the thief for who he is.
Which road is Onitsha -Asaba road? Is it a bridge across river Niger?
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by ChimaAdeoye: 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
FreeGlobe: is it not funny Peter Obi has awarded more contracts in his last few months than in his 8 years? Just yesterday he awarded 2.4 billion for building of schools. Trying to save face. I guess the criticism is getting to him. it will be worse when he leaves to a performing governor

Would it be better if he took the money and ran or invested it into Anambra infrastructure.

May i remind you again that Obi has done so many roads that it would be a ridiculous waste of time to begin itemizing them, especially for someone so rabidly anti-obi. Anyhow, you are still my beloved brother even if our opinions differ completely on the person of Gov. Obi. We agree on Stella and the need to put oily people's hypocrisy where it belongs- pit toilet.

Personally, i am glad he isn't leaving uncompleted projects for his successor. Let him complete those Hotels, the Onitsha Mall and other pet projects of his. If he ever leaves any, it shall remain like that forever. Look at all Chimaroke's abandoned projects an edifices in Enugu.They aren't Chime's priority as Chime has his own pet projects to pursue. So all those Chimaroke's edifices have become a shameful waste of the people's money in projects that have become abandoned after he left Govt. House.

I expect Gov. Peter Obi to continue his final push to actualize all his projects until the eve of May 29th,2014.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by Cuche: 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

Would it be better if he took the money and ran or invested

Personally, i am glad he isn't leaving uncompleted projects for his successor. Let after he left Govt. House.

I expect Gov. Peter Obi to continue his final push to actualize all his projects until the eve of May 29th,2014.
He is already in the business of emptying all the state treasure and will dry it before he leaves especially losing grip of the state with the impending defeat of his hope of continued rule of the State.
Let me remind you that for the exaggerated road contracts he is taking 10% up-front and then the extras, depending on the negotiations with the contractors. Why is he paying so much as mobilization to the contractors as against the due process/norms for Government contracts. Is it not to make more money available for the election?

His tenure ends in March not May 2014.
The road contracts will definitely spill over to another administration.
Please Ma, look again at the story, there is 18 months for some of the roads

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by mekaboy(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ngige was right about the amount of money obi has spent and what is left. all this money he is spending now has been sitting in obi's bank generating interest .

Imagine billions of state funds, saved in fidelity for 8years, the interest is unimaginable. But I am glad he is giving it back to the state and leaving office with the interest.

Some people will take both the money and the interest and leave.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by Abagworo(m): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
If he can redeem himself this last minute, then its commendable. At least he tried like a football team that scored 90th minute equalizer. All that is needed at the moment is to make sure his stooge does not succeed him. Theodore Orji should borrow a leaf from Obi and know that no time is late to redeem your image.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
where was peter obi all these years bikonu?
this thing is more than meets the eyes

1 Like

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:42am On Oct 24, 2013
Abagworo: If he can redeem himself this last minute, then its commendable. At least he tried like a football team that scored 90th minute equalizer. All that is needed at the moment is to make sure his stooge does not succeed him. Theodore Orji should borrow a leaf from Obi and know that no time is late to redeem your image.

Hahaha...You don't always have to comment,especially when you know you have nothing to say. You are a hater and you are hating Anambra people because you can't be like us,sadly! You can never be an Omanbala boy ! Propagate all the lies you want about Obi but you will never change the intimidating and groundbreaking Obi's achievement,fo 8yrs. I don't even come to your Imo thread but you are always here obsessing about Umu-Omanbala. Have some pride,for Godsake...danm!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by youthmustwork: 2:43am On Oct 24, 2013
mekaboy: Ngige was right about the amount of money obi has spent and what is left. all this money he is spending now has been sitting in obi's bank generating interest .

Imagine billions of state funds, saved in fidelity for 8years, the interest is unimaginable. But I am glad he is giving it back to the state and leaving office with the interest.

Some people will take both the money and the interest and leave.
just look at level of ur mentality. Z too low bro!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by Brimmie(m): 2:51am On Oct 24, 2013
Nna, na una know where una dey always pull out these sites o!! undecided
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by holyvirgin: 5:49am On Oct 24, 2013
Obi is a slowpoke, I will always say it because he was a curse to Anambra ppl not a blessing. How comes he didn't think about all those projects before why now?
You guys can't even boast of a good road from onitsha to awka, no good public schools, infact anambra is a mess under Obi. Say it like it is..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 6:56am On Oct 24, 2013
Obi is not focusing on one area alone. He is not only focusing only on the state capital painting and plant grass. He is touching all the sectors of the state. Here is picture of news commissioned mission hospital block. It was one of the hospitals that where given money in the past to do a direct job. Obi is a model for good and wide governance approach.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 7:01am On Oct 24, 2013
This is another hospital in rural Ihiala. Obi gave out money directly to the management of the hospital. Here is the pictures of the hospital, it is nearing completion.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 7:12am On Oct 24, 2013
Peter Obi just gave out another 2.5 billion to public secondary school for rehabilitation:

Gov. Obi Commences Distribution of Cheques of N2.54B to Public Secondary Schools

Gov. Peter Obi yesterday at the Women Development Centre, Awka, flagged off the distribution of N10 Million Naira each to all the public secondary schools in the State for the rebuilding of infrastructure. He had earlier given N20M to Churches for their own schools returned to them. 100 schools received their own money yesterday, while the remaining schools will get their before the end of the month.

This was coming on the heels of the presentation of 1.5 Billion to the Churches for the rehabilitation of primary schools returned to them as well as 2 Billion Naira for Government owned primary schools. The Governor explained that the efforts are part of activities lined up to give the final push to the realization of the Millennium Development goals.

Governor Obi restated that his administration has not borrowed a kobo since inception but the State has remained financially stable with huge tempo of development because of goodwill and collaboration with donor agencies and development partners.

He recalled that in spite the fact that the State did not participate in the MDGs programme in the first eight years the State has recorded commendable successes by fast tracking the implementation of the programme and become one of the first six best rated states.

The Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget and Chairman State MDGs Implementation Committee, Professor Stella Okunna noted that Governor Obi administration has maintained high tempo of work in all sectors to deliver more democracy dividends in line with its drive to achieve the MDGs and disclosed that a UN delegation would soon visit the State to inspect the MDGs projects. She expressed satisfaction that government huge investment on the Education Sector has transformed Schools and students and pave way for excellencies.

The Chairman, House of Assembly Committee Chairman on Education, Mrs. Rita Mmaduabu urged school managements to justify the confidence repose in them as the committee would come on oversight functions to inspect the projects.

Earlier the Commissioner for Education, Dr. Mrs. Uju Okeke enjoined the benefiting schools to adhere strictly to the implementation guidelines and maintain records of site meeting and other transactions in line with public service expenditure conditionalities. She urged all interested qualified candidates to participate on the going recruitment exercise of five thousand teachers as every community would benefit.

Caption for the Pic
Gov. Peter Obi (middle), flanked by Deputy Speaker of Anambra House of Assembly, Chukwudi Orizu (2nd left), the State Commissioner for Education, Dr. Uju Okeke (2nd right) and students representing the benefitting schools during the presentation of Cheques fo 1Biilion Naira, representing the first phase of the distribution of N2.54 Billion for the rehabilitation of public secondary schools in the State at the Women Development Centre, Awka, yesterday

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 7:17am On Oct 24, 2013
Bishop Owen of Onitsha speaking in one of the public schools in Onitsha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zV2sHXUSoI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by luvinhubby(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2013
@op,
Are you saying governance should stop because election is around the corner, sorry to disappoint you, Peter Obi is the best governor that has ever ruled Anambra state by my reckoning. I hail from a town in Nnewi south L.G.A and the only motor-able access road into my home town was tarred by Obi`s administration, the two secondary schools in my home town has a well equipped, functional computer laboratory with a brand new school bus each courtesy of Peter Obi.
The Anglican church-owned hospital in my home town has been upgraded with modern facilities and a brand new doctors and staff quarters recently completed and my elder brother who stays in the village permanently does not have to go to Nnewi teaching hospital anymore for his medical attention but does that in that now in the hospital in my town. My niece who schooled in a private school in Shomolu area of Lagos is now a student in one of the well-equipped schools by Peter Obi in my hometown.
So please you and Ngige should look for another story, Obi is a debt-free performer.
Okwa si no nke onye ya riri ka oma.!!!
MOHPHETH: how many of the people that comment on this tread lives in Anambra state?
That is where i stay in Onitsha and can tell that peter obi has done very well in
on sectors. Rubishing the man because of ones prefered candidate is wrong.If you want Ngige
or Uba and maybe PDP go ahead with your votes but pls give the man credit for his works.
THESE ARE SOME LIST OF ROADS HE DID IN MY AREA
1.UGA STREET FEGGE
2.NIGER STREET
3.SOKOTO ROAD
4.SILAS WORKS ROAD(flooded and abandoned for nearly 20years)
5.OGBATULU ENYI ROAD(fedral housing 33 onitsha)
6.AKUNNAYA NJOTE WOLIWO(nobody could believe that this road could be motorable)
7.ANAMBRA ROAD housing estate fegge.
8.ALL THE 4 LINK ROADS AT HABOUR INDUSTRIAL LAY OUT\ATANI ROAD
9.OBODOUKWU ROAD OKPOKO
10.EDE ROAD OKPOKO
11.CREEK ROAD FEGGE
12.ARONDIZUOGU STREET FEGGE
13.FEGGE NEW STADIUM
14.INLAND TOWN STADIUM
15.NEW ONITSHA SOUTH LG HQTRS(and the roads that links it both from upper Iweka and Portharcourt road fegge.)
16.ORAIFITE STREET AWADA
17.PREMIER BREWREY BYPASS ROAD.
@op , Disprove this list please cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 24, 2013
Which kin horrible looking hospitals be this?
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 7:39am On Oct 24, 2013
kingoflag: Which kin horrible looking hospitals be this?

These are hospitals in the rural areas. Even the ones in your rural state capital of ibadan cannot compete with what we have here in the rural areas. Fact! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 7:50am On Oct 24, 2013
The monies Obi is dishing out to public school and public hospital is working. Projects are at various degrees of completion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYEAjQNovLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNqe2W_MGUY
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 7:52am On Oct 24, 2013
Dude had made sure that all the sectors of the state economy are being moved forward at the same time. He is not only into painting and planting mere flowers in the state capital. Here is the Onitsha ICT Business Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6sXi2lDW24

This is the 1st Business Park. Obi has created more employment than all the governors around put together. He has not focused only on the state capital, he had made sure that all sectors and areas are carried along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG_W9Rh1B1k
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by asha80(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2013
luvinhubby: @op,
Are you saying governance should stop because election is around the corner, sorry to disappoint you, Peter Obi is the best governor that has ever ruled Anambra state by my reckoning. I hail from a town in Nnewi south L.G.A and the only motor-able access road into my home town was tarred by Obi`s administration, the two secondary schools in my home town has a well equipped, functional computer laboratory with a brand new school bus each courtesy of Peter Obi.
The Anglican church-owned hospital in my home town has been upgraded with modern facilities and a brand new doctors and staff quarters recently completed and my elder brother who stays in the village permanently does not have to go to Nnewi teaching hospital anymore for his medical attention but does that in that now in the hospital in my town. My niece who schooled in a private school in Shomolu area of Lagos is now a student in one of the well-equipped schools by Peter Obi in my hometown.
So please you and Ngige should look for another story, Obi is a debt-free performer.
onye amichi

1 Like

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 8:09am On Oct 24, 2013
Obi is touching all areas of human endeavor.

This is the Christ the King College- Onitsha (CKC). Pat Utomi, Peter Obi, Peter Odili, Chukwudifu Oputa, Obaze, Willy Obiano and so many other notable Nigerians all passed through this revered and fore most Unity school East of the Niger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8vbqOLM9Ao
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by osymerga(m): 8:14am On Oct 24, 2013
I was in my town NRI yesterday,when the commissioner for education who hail from the same town came in yesterday to meet with her ppl for an apga meeting.Oh'boy the whole town people were in that meeting(the who is who,students,hard guys,market women etc)that i begin to wonder how Apc is going to win this election.Since i came into town,nobody talks about Apc,they only know about Apga.I now realised that Apc is only known in the urban areas and the newspapers.Apc need a lot of work ooo cos there is no presence of them in the rural areas...My observation...and reporting for nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 8:14am On Oct 24, 2013
luvinhubby: @op,

Tell them oo.. cheesy
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 8:16am On Oct 24, 2013
osymerga: I was in my town NRI yesterday,when the commissioner for education who hail from the same town came in yesterday to meet with her ppl for an apga meeting.Oh'boy the whole town people were in that meeting(the who is who,students,hard guys,market women etc)that i begin to wonder how Apc is going to win this election.Since i came into town,nobody talks about Apc,they only know about Apga.I know realised that Apc is only known in the urban areas and the newspapers.Apc need a lot of work ooo cos there is no presence of them in the rural areas...My observation...and reporting for nairaland.

Gwaba fa biko.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2013
Are these hospitals? smh. where is the room for ventilation? I bet people who go there for treatment will return with new infections. These are the poor structures Peter Obi is dumping in the state, nowhere like his Abuja mall. I'm curious as to why he doesn't award projects to competent contractors but heck its late and they will zoom with the money. what a petty and visionless governor.
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by bestviewer: 8:36am On Oct 24, 2013
^

Your sense of reasoning is damn poor. Do you realise that no state can boast of the type massive healthcare in the rural areas like in the case of Anambra?
Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:36am On Oct 24, 2013
osymerga: I was in my town NRI yesterday,when the commissioner for education who hail from the same town came in yesterday to meet with her ppl for an apga meeting.Oh'boy the whole town people were in that meeting(the who is who,students,hard guys,market women etc)that i begin to wonder how Apc is going to win this election.Since i came into town,nobody talks about Apc,they only know about Apga.I now realised that Apc is only known in the urban areas and the newspapers.Apc need a lot of work ooo cos there is no presence of them in the rural areas...My observation...and reporting for nairaland.
this sounds like a beer parlor gist. try again. how do you expect to hear APC in an APGA function.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:38am On Oct 24, 2013
........ says the man who has never stepped out of Awka all his life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Loses Bid To Stop N3.2 Billion Corruption Trial / President Buhari Hosts Scholars And Organizers Led By Pantami (Photos) / Peter Obi: We Have Not Formally Released Our Manifesto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.