Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project (25728 Views)

Demolition: Aged Landlords Protest Non Payment Of N2bn Compensation / Demolition Of Structures Ongoing At Opobo-Junction, Aba (Photos) / HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
Yesterday news filtered round Lagos and Ogun states that a massive demolition of properties by the Ogun state government along Ojodu/Alagbole road at Yakoyo and the Sango/Ijoko road all the way down to Ogba-Ayo is going on presently and you can read more about it on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1487783/over-100-building-demolish-ogun.

For those not familiar with this area, its within the Ojodu berger/ alagbole axis sharing boundary between Lagos and Ogun state. The reasons for the demolition is because the road is so tiny and its the cause of the daily traffic gridlock experienced by users of the road connecting Ojodu, alagbole, akute. The Ogun state Government intends to expand the road so that it would alleviate the sufferings of commuters who patronize this nightmarish road but it has been done at a cost that the victims of this demolition will forever count their losses and curse the omoniles who sold these lands to them.

I am quite conversant with this area and i have done some searches for some people before and i warned them about about doing a proper land verification before they buy lands in this area but most of them did not heed my advice and listened to the omoniles because the land was cheap. Now look at it! A proper land verification will show the following concerning this area:

1. The set back of the road is too close to build a house on a major highway and it has already been in Ogun State Land bureau master plan for years to expand this road and anyone that tried to apply for building plan approval in the last decade in this area would be bluntly refused.

2. All of them don't have a valid Certificate of Occupancy showing ownership and possession for the government to compensate them properly. Upon investigation the title documents most of them were parading where receipts from the Omoniles and fraudulent back dated survey plans.

3. I asked some people who were victims of this demolition whether they can trace the people who sold it to them and they said the omoniles and baales of that community have disappeared since they heard the demolition was coming. I asked them what about all the fees they paid to them such as the foundation fees, community fees, community development etc fees that these omoniles collected from them to claim ownership, they told me the Omoniles did not even pick their calls talkless of discussing issues of refund and they are seriously looking for them now to refund their money.

4. They said the Omoniles even promised, swore and convinced them that their forefathers owned the land and they had sent representatives to see the Governor who in turn re-assured them that no demolition would take place and upon a further late hour search from the Land bureau officials from Abeokuta, they discovered it was a lie.

So many beautiful and expensive properties are going down as i type this article. Massive Shopping complexes, Mansions, Petrol stations, family homes. Shops etc and its very sad but it could have been avoided through a simple land verification. Now Millions of Naira have been turned into rubbles. Owners of these properties to be demolished refused to engage professional land verification experts but chose to listen to all these fraudulent agents misrepresenting facts and criminally minded Omonile Land Scammers who have in turn ruined these people's lives. I know alot of people will abuse the Ogun state government for being insensitive to these people by demolishing their homes but then again, is the government wrong for having the master plan to expand the road and for Omoniles to encroach upon it by selling it fraudulently to unsuspecting buyers who refused to do a proper land check? Its a big lesson for all of us not to fall victim of land scams and for us to verify a property before we purchase it.

Below are some of the pictures of the on going demolition currently activities currently happening in that axis.

Also check out my new website www.omonilelawyer.com to get alot of free resources to avoid being a victim of land scams and check this article in particular to teach you how to avoid getting your home demolished by adhering to the proper rules and procedure to acquire land in Lagos and Ogun state http://omonilelawyer.com/how-to-regularize-or-ratify-your-land-so-that-it-wont-be-demolished/ to view more pictures and learn how to avoid it coming your way. May demolishing your home never be your portion. Amen

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 10:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
more pictures of the demolition

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
more pics

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by vallycan: 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
wow....so wre wud d deserted ones be, hope government hav settle dem or provide shelter for dem...

all d same thumb up to d new face of development in Nigeria as a whole... now.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
more houses being demolished

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
Can You see the Handi work of Fraudulent Omoniles, Dodgy Agents and Community Baales that push people to buy bad lands that have been committed by the government? Where are they now? Probably living in Lekki and spending the money of these people they have conned lavishly.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
More people looking at their homes being demolished

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
Houses already ripped apart and no where to go

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
more houses being marked for demolition and the meters of the set back that has to be demolished

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Make sure you verify that land that you intend to buy before you throw away your money. A word is enough for the wise. You have seen it happen live. The Government will not pity you. Don't let Omoniles or dodgy land scammers deceive you that the land they intend to sell to you has no problem. Call the professionals and save your money, your home and give your family peace of mind. Checkout www.omonilelawyer.com to safeguard your money and solve your landed property wahalas.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by mascot87(m): 12:18am On Oct 24, 2013
More from me undecided cool angry cheesy grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by mascot87(m): 12:22am On Oct 24, 2013
Finally undecided undecided embarassed embarassed cool cool sad sad angry angry grin grin grin

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by lawyer(m): 1:00am On Oct 24, 2013
This is really sad o! What will all these poor people do now? God will punish all these Omoniles and Wicked Estate Agents that deceived these people to buy these bad lands without telling them the repercussions of the sale of these Lands. I really feel for them!

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by tobbyrobson(m): 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
May GOD provide shelter for those affected...
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by omonla555: 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nice shots
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Pelummy(f): 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Brymo: 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
tor,gud job,n compensate o.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Youceemeri: 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Beaf1: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hmmm I can see you are informing the public and advertising your company at the same time.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
OP isn't it "Ojodu"?
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by strangest(m): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
Na wa o... Really sad development.... lipsrsealed
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by yinkzzboy: 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
So bad
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by ifyalways(f): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
Quite sad . I did some housing job for someone around that place early this year. He spent so much,just collected his "first" rent and now the complex is going down.

Landlords,tenants are all affected. City life na waya!
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by damola1: 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
Heart Attack embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by theoctopus: 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
@op, you are an iddiott and government scycophant trying to profit from other people's woes. Almost everyone whose house is being demolished got clearance from the state government agencies. The same agencies that give these approvals are the ones who turn back and call it fake. And the gov is turning a blind eye because he doesn't want to pay compensation. It is ridiculous for you to claim that people who spent millions to buy land and build houses didn't go to government for approval. If it was fg now, you would have been shouting and talking nonsense that they should settle everyone. You people are just evil people but the people will respond in 2015. Stay tuned

13 Likes

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by AZeD1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Its sad but until Nigerians start doing things properly, we would still experience more of this.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by ProfessorPP(m): 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
Kudos to the state government I wish it extend to my area in Odogbolu LGA too ooo! Up Ogun Up 9ja. wink cheesy
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
Beaf!:
Hmmm I can see you are informing the public and advertising your company at the same time.
I like @Lawyer for one thing, he's informative and at the same time advertises himself. That is marketing strategy. The public needs him and he needs the public too, he's a smart business man cheesy
@lawyer, thanks for the info, I dey always gbadun your write-ups

3 Likes

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Jessdarl(f): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
Eeyaa! Its a pity.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Ralphlauren(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
lawyer: This is really sad o! What will all these poor people do now? God will punish all these Omoniles and Wicked Estate Agents that deceived these people to buy these bad lands without telling them the repercussions of the sale of these Lands. I really feel for them!

dont be so quick to blame just omoniles and estate agents. unscrupulous LAWYERS are also a big part of the problem facing nigeria's property market. i will not be surprised if some of the people that have been affected by the demoltion had the property transaction handled by lawyers

so many people have had their hands burnt by lawyers. a lawyer's job is basically preparing a lease, any required legal paperwork and resolving any legal disputes. however, these days, you find a lot of lawyers selling and letting property. is that part of the curriculum iat nigeria's law school lawyers want to pocket legal fee and at the same time pocket agency fee, management fee and fee from the sale of a property.

i personally will never buy or rent any property from any third party except he or she is A REGISTERED ESTATE SURVEYOR AND VALUER.

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by cashkidvsboko(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
so sad for them bt i wonder whether their compensation wil be enough for then to start all ova again

1 Like

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by jeddyMay(f): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
Beaf!:

UN-paid for advert!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja / How Well Do You Know Some Land Documents And Titles? / The Story Of Woman Losing 5 Kids In A Collapsed Building Is False - AutoReportNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.