Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,095 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:50 AM

How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. (743 Views)

Volunteer In A Financial Or Consulting Company Lagos / When Best Do We Invent? During Necessity Or When Economy Is Buoyant: / Best Paying Company In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. by wisepluto(m): 11:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
As a fresh graduate, i had the privilege of harnessing Mobile Apps Development skill during my service year. In a bit to jump the unemployment circle, i thought of launching an IT company with major focus on providing business solutions as regards mobile apps development to companies irrespective of their size.

Can i (through this platform) get step by step growth approaches that should be undertaken to get my newly registered company off the shelf.

Many thanks for your anticipated counsel....
Re: How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. by Mellorix: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2013
I am also thinking in the same direction, but my skills is on Virtualization.(Infrastructure design, vmware, hyper v etc)

What i have got to realize about starting up a business is that : never expect profit in the first 6 months , always have passion for what you are doing or intend doing - having said that,

You would need to do alot of advertising - the first step is to make a very, i mean very professional website for your company . Do you already have a designed mobile app as sample? if not then start designing one. Feed your website with loads of information about your business. Have a facebook page, twitter , even instagram account for your business.

I would advice you to go ahead and start anything - STOP thinking , just start - trust me in this because if you dont start you will keep procrastinating and procrastinating.
Re: How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. by Mellorix: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2013
by the way , what kinda app development are you good in , Andriod? iOS?
Re: How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. by wisepluto(m): 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mellorix: by the way , what kinda app development are you good in , Andriod? iOS?

Android sir!
Re: How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. by 1forall: 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
The commenter makes good points, you're going to have to build your business from the ground up so start from the basics.

Create a digital business presence (website, social media etc) so you have something to refer to when you talk about what you do.
Get business cards made for you to introduce yourself with.
Tell what you do to anyone who cares to listen.
Be on the look out for a partner(s) who share your vision, not just anybody.
Continue to develop and improve your product.

Mellorix: I would advice you to go ahead and start anything - STOP thinking , just start - trust me in this because if you dont start you will keep procrastinating and procrastinating.

Above is the best advice you could ever get. Start doing something about it today, you'll learn and improve as you move along.

Take that step!
Re: How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. by wisepluto(m): 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
Thanks bosses for the wise counsel.
I have some apps that i have done so far. Meanwhile, a friend designed a website which doesn't look professional as yet.
I am basically working on getting the following actualised before the year ends;

1. Get a website
2. Develop a vitally relevant android app
3. Build on my publicity strength
4. Network with other IT achievers. By attending end of the year conferences
Re: How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. by Mellorix: 1:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
You could check siteground.com they have good deals (Thats for website design and hosting) .
(I am not a marketer by the way)...
Re: How Best Do I Start An IT Consulting Company In Lagos. by Successguilders: 12:28am On Oct 26, 2013
Mellorix: I am also thinking in the same direction, but my skills is on Virtualization.(Infrastructure design, vmware, hyper v etc)

What i have got to realize about starting up a business is that : never expect profit in the first 6 months , always have passion for what you are doing or intend doing - having said that,

You would need to do alot of advertising - the first step is to make a very, i mean very professional website for your company . Do you already have a designed mobile app as sample? if not then start designing one. Feed your website with loads of information about your business. Have a facebook page, twitter , even instagram account for your business.

I would advice you to go ahead and start anything - STOP thinking , just start - trust me in this because if you dont start you will keep procrastinating and procrastinating.
Get a professional website with, search engine optimizing for a token, lets get your vision moving(i also ve that passion am a web programmer, IT solution personel)
emmanueltechnology15@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In The World / Salary Of A Graduate D.S.P / Ffs Batch B Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.