Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,787 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? (24980 Views)

The Cry Of A Heartbroken Nigerian Husband In Houston whose wife cheated / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
§£xY•—•W¡†cH™:
3 million naira a month

Did you notice this WITCH who just joined nairaland today? grin
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by helpee(m): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
When I was earning like a 150K, I was wondering what on earth it would feel like to make 500K monthly. When I started earning more than 500K per month, I didn't even realise it early cos dubiously, my responsibility and expenses climbed up too. Now I always earn more than a million naira monthly even when market appear sluggish....guess what? I even contemplated getting a loan. Of course I am not a party type, don't womanise and I only got introduced to alcohol recently which is baileys and I take one bottle once in 3months. So where is the money going to? I don't mean to say my life is not better than b4. Of course it is. I can't remember the last I called a friend or a family that they should borrow me 50k. If I need loan, it is a bank loan and must be in millions to service my business. How does this affect my marriage? Same. We are still living exactly the way we used to live when our salary was around 150K monthly. The only difference is that e are rarely broke now but our taste has not significantly increased. Bottomline; increase in money is not what will make your marriage works...I imbibed in my wife from day one strict financial discipline so she can cook a good food with 500naira only

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Gloriagee(f): 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
@helpee - u def need financial discipline. You have to come up with a concrete plan/ budget and stick to it. This works for me. When I have to spend any money not budgeted for, I try to track it so I can tell what I'm doing with my funds. Also, you can try investing in a capital project so that ur money is def going into an asset, instead of on 'enjoyment'.

Yu can also invest in treasury bills in Nig, ensure that accts that have the bulk of yr funds are not linked to atms and this shd curb yr POS purchases.

I've been known to print my statement to audit/ track my withdrawals and usually end up with a sad face embarassed
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
uche okpara 100: my broda u realy speak my mind, as 4 me i dnt hv money and i dnt wnt 2 marry, if my mother like make she kill herself.

Lmao! Bros abeg try hustle harder so u go fit gather more money to marry. Marriage is a beautiful thing and children are blessings from God.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
back2sender: I don cawa!(waka) the lady parents they beg me for reconciliation but I no dey go near that lady again

Is that why ur moniker says 'back2sender'? They really sent that girl to come and destroy you. Thank God u've returned it to the sender grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
Policewoman: At least N1m month or its USD equivalent tongue

You see ur life? Meanwhyl, a bloody 'policewoman' like u earns just N35k/month and u're here advising someone to earn a millon b4 marriage. Smh!
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by NEROSKY(m): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
Why are you asking such questions Do you want to marry from these people " women– Susan ( Teri Hatcher ), Lynette
( Felicity Huffman ), Bree ( Marcia Cross )
and Gabrielle ( Eva Longoria )"
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Jcob(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
show me a wife who smiles, dresses well, drives sophisticated rides, travels for summer yearly . . . . . . and I would show you a rich husband. Money in this generation is the more the merrier! Everylady believes she can manage with a man who gives her kulikuli and garri . . . but the truth is that she doesnt mind fried rice and turkey. No amount is enough, your instinct shd tell u when u get there.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
steffans: If ur wife is very undastanding...
U don't need Much!!!!

Its jst LOVE and Understanding dat matters

Who is this??
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by BankuTilapia: 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
A potential nigerian husband? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Datz y i luv NL not a day pass witout one unemployed bone idle idiottttttt posting sumtin stupidddddd. grin
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Lafatty: 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
atleast not less dan 1m as annual basic salary,with dis ai can help wth mine too nd we shall av a forever api family,lobatan
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by BankuTilapia: 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
RedBenson:

You see ur life? Meanwhyl, a bloody 'policewoman' like u earns just N35k/month and u're here advising someone to earn a millon b4 marriage. Smh!

U got it all wrong, maybe datz wot she earns as a Zombie woman but da money she earns from other dubious activities are unaccounted for. grin
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
tpacalipse: Whatever you earn can never be enough for a Nigerian woman. Trust me. Just let her understand what u are capable of before the marriage, so that she won't become a problem for you after due to money issues. Keep what you earn to yourself if u could and make sure all official documents are kept away from where she can have access to them. Never let her know the lawyer who will execute ur will, u might regret if you violate this. And lastly, once you are married, never engage in extramarital affairs, they won't pay you, because grasses have never been found to be greener at the other side. Same ni gbogbo won. But if u ever divorced in the end, do not ever remarry, ain't worth it. Ignore these at ur own peril.
this sound like two different individuals co-habiting. Thought marriage connote one flesh, one mind, one body, one soul - two becoming one? Then y d secrets? Y hide ur documents frm ur wife? Dts certainly nt two becoming one. Hiding ur documents frm ur wife, in d light of two become one, amounts, inferrably, to hiding ur documents frm ursef? And thats insanity..i dnt knw except u meant to say mistress not wife. If however, u meant wife, as i read in ur post, then i mus say ur post is devilish as it totally negate and vitiate d very sacred principle on which marriage is founded. Y marry a woman u cant trust, sb u ar to spend d rest of ur lyf with? If most boys could disclose their salaries to their gf on account of lust n infatuation, how much more a wife? Therefore shall a man leave his father's house n cleave unto his wife n both twain shall become one. He dt findeth a wife finds a good thing...see dt a good thing..Good is Good.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by rawsh247(m): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
tpacalipse: Whatever you earn can never be enough for a Nigerian woman. Trust me. Just let her understand what u are capable of before the marriage, so that she won't become a problem for you after due to money issues. Keep what you earn to yourself if u could and make sure all official documents are kept away from where she can have access to them. Never let her know the lawyer who will execute ur will, u might regret if you violate this. And lastly, once you are married, never engage in extramarital affairs, they won't pay you, because grasses have never been found to be greener at the other side. Same ni gbogbo won. But if u ever divorced in the end, do not ever remarry, ain't worth it. Ignore these at ur own peril.

gbam !!!
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
I expected ladies wid sense to come out protestn d sexist nature of dz thread!!!! It should be 'how much should a potential partner earn'
Are ladies in naija not capable of thinkn independetly or did y'aLl spend 4,5, 10years in d university to end up as housewives
Leeches
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
otodeluxe: Well I'm a guy so I don't know. But my advice for you is to marry someone that is not too exposed else she will always bite off more than one can chew
you be guy you don't know and not even married and you want to advice someone about marriage. Its only in Nigeria a civil servant will want to advice a business man on how to maximize profit.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
A potential nigerian husband? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Datz y i luv NL not a day pass witout one unemployed bone idle idiottttttt posting sumtin stupidddddd. grin
and a day can not pass without a foollllishh person like you commenting on a syupiddd thread.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
Konnektions146:
My dear i just wonder,
i have worked in a bank and other companies, i know how much people take home
and when people come to Nairaland to spew all this, i just wonder if they are in Nigeria or in heaven.

let us be realistic, over 70% on Nigerian workforce dont earn over 200k naira/month.

Just live your life as yur income reach
chairman dis your comment just dey give me hope, sey with dis my N25,000 a month fit be enough to go marry oo. So all dis people. Wey dey wear suit dey intimidate my life no dey earn that much sef. God is watching you if you are wearing suit everyday without money in your pocket.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by MacLovington(m): 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
bukatyne: On a serious note...

With the replies on this thread, I wonder if we are all in this same 'Nigeria!'

How many people's take home pay is above N150,000 or N100,000 monthly?

How many people work in Chevron, Mobil and other high paying organizations?

Some people earn N100,000 monthly with 3 kids and they still buy cars, build houses and train all their kids through school. Fine, they might not achieve all at once but they do.

Let us be realistic please.

Let people dey yarn anyhow. Everybody na millionaire for NL. Even the job applicants in real life. I know of many professionals in Europe. Many cannot boast of N1million take home equivalent per month.

They still pay their bills, sponsor relatives to school at home, look after elderly relatives and still put up a building or two in Naija.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by tucee31: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
What kind of question is dis now?
So if we tell u what to earn here and its more than ur present income, will u switch jobs or go and steal?
Abegi, go and marry if u want to ojare
angry
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Rejoice5000(f): 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
U don't need Much!!!!

love will buy u food, pay bills while understanding will pay for children's school fees. love my foot guys try ad have some money b4 getting married.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by godman01(m): 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
I think the average cost of living in each state of the country is different, simply ask someone you think is okay to your own taste in your state how much he spends...ok
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by veave(f): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
its not about w@ he earns o... its all bawt w@ he spends on me, the family and w@ he saves.
we've seen billionares who dont take care of their wife and kids.
we've also seen mai barrow with well fed wife and happy kids.
thank you!
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Slykenny(f): 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
U don't need Much!!!!

Are u kidding?
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

U got it all wrong, maybe datz wot she earns as a Zombie woman but da
money she earns from other dubious activities are unaccounted for. grin

Yea bro! The money made on road blocks and others are not accounted for. I only made referral to official pay home package.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Flygeriansteve: 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
helpee: When I was earning like a 150K, I was wondering what on earth it would feel like to make 500K monthly. When I started earning more than 500K per month, I didn't even realise it early cos dubiously, my responsibility and expenses climbed up too. Now I always earn more than a million naira monthly even when market appear sluggish....guess what? I even contemplated getting a loan. Of course I am not a party type, don't womanise and I only got introduced to alcohol recently which is baileys and I take one bottle once in 3months. So where is the money going to? I don't mean to say my life is not better than b4. Of course it is. I can't remember the last I called a friend or a family that they should borrow me 50k. If I need loan, it is a bank loan and must be in millions to service my business. How does this affect my marriage? Same. We are still living exactly the way we used to live when our salary was around 150K monthly. The only difference is that e are rarely broke now but our taste has not significantly increased. Bottomline; increase in money is not what will make your marriage works...I imbibed in my wife from day one strict financial discipline so she can cook a good food with 500naira only
There's sth around your mouth. Use your left hand to clean it... Ehn ehn. Good. Now you've wiped all these lies you lied grin
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
Lafatty: atleast not less dan 1m as annual basic salary,with dis ai can help wth mine too nd we shall av a forever api family,lobatan
a million for only a wife nd 2 kids? abeg i wil keep 4 wives nd 20 kids with such amount
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by helpee(m): 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
Flygeriansteve: There's sth around your mouth. Use your left hand to clean it... Ehn ehn. Good. Now you've wiped all these lies you lied grin
which of them is too much for you to believe? For your information, I underestimated most of the figures so that people like you will find it easy to believe yet u still failed despite the fact that I came down to ur level. In terms of my earnings, the figures I actually quoted are far less than what I make. And as per the prudence I used in bringing my family up, I am not exaggerating.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by gal10(f): 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
uche okpara 100: my broda u realy speak my mind, as 4 me i dnt hv money and i dnt wnt 2 marry, if my mother like make she kill herself.
haba bros e neva reach like dis tongue
haba bros e neva reach like dis
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
Flygeriansteve: There's sth around your mouth. Use your left hand to clean it... Ehn ehn. Good. Now you've wiped all these lies you lied grin

grin grin Nairaland, never disapnted! grin Dont mind dat broke azz nigga. Let him go ahead ranting lies. I bet he had 50k job befor. grin
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
helpee: which of them is too much for you to believe? For your information, I underestimated most of the figures so that people like you will find it easy to believe yet u still failed despite the fact that I came down to ur level. In terms of my earnings, the figures I actually quoted are far less than what I make. And as per the prudence I
used in bringing my family up, I am not exaggerating.

Story story ...story!!! Na because we get time dey read am. grin
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by helpee(m): 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Sent Husband To Prison After Selling His House / Boy Drowns In Water Drum In Lagos, Police Arrest Grandma, Father (pic) / Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.