Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA (2942 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by sheniqua: 2:43am On Oct 24, 2013
The cities were ranked according to crime data released by the FBI and the three indicators taken into account were: murders per 100,000 people, forcible ra.pes per 100,000 people, and robberies per 100,000 people, as these are considered the most violent types of offenses.
Read more at http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/most-dangerous-cities-215292/?singlepage=1#d8zyAM3qFflSOkGb.99

12 Philadelphia Pennsylvania

11. Birmingham Alabama

10.Newark New Jersey

9.Baltimore Maryland. Afam take note

8.Jackson Mississippi

7.St Louis Missourri

6.Cleveland Ohio

5.New Orleans Louisiana

4. Bridgeport Connecticut

3. Oakland California

2.Detroit Michigan

1. Flint Michigan

1 Like

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by sheniqua: 2:44am On Oct 24, 2013
Afam you can see Baltimore is not a place for you to settle with our wife
I will not have you raise junior and his siblings in that war zone
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by eduson33(m): 4:56am On Oct 24, 2013
Thanks bruv..buh I will like to know what made em dangerous.
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by Allohrandy(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2013
I live in East Oakland, CA. Its a major city with a big sea port in northern CA and very close to San Francisco. Its a predominantly black American city with a relatively large Nigerian community. its the home of hip pop in California and great rappers like Tupac, MC Hammer, Keyshia Cole and other East Coast rappers were born and raise in Oakland, CA. The crime rate is high in West Oakland but its relatively safe in East Oakland and surrounding counties or towns. A Nigerian lady was fatally shot to death 2 years ago in Oakland. however, I think the crime rate in Oakland has reduced because a new police chief was employed by the City Mayor this year. Oakland, CA is not a bad place to live tho because it has a very high nice and friendly black population. I have never really experience act of violence personally but last year a man and his wife was shot to death closed to my house and my EX- girlfriend's cousin was also shot to death last year. The problem in America is that it is very easy to get a gun.

1 Like

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by Afam4eva(m): 7:50am On Oct 24, 2013
Allohrandy: I live in East Oakland, CA. Its a major city with a big sea port in northern CA and very close to SF. Its a predominantly black American city with a relatively large Nigerian community. its the home of hip pop in California and great rappers like Tupac, MC Hammer, Keyshia Cole and other East Coast rappers were born and raise in Oakland, CA. The crime rate is high in West Oakland but its relatively safe in East Oakland and surrounding counties or towns. A Nigerian lady was fatally shot to death last year in Oakland. however, I think the crime rate in Oakland has reduced because a new police chief was employed by the City Mayor this year. Oakland, CA is not a bad place to live tho because it has a very high black population.
Are most of the blacks in East Oakland like their folk in Atlanta(Rich) or like Blacks in Baltimore(not soo rich)?
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by Blackvampire(m): 7:56am On Oct 24, 2013
Who wants to go to america mtcheeew... canada all the way..my dream country cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by gunuvi(m): 7:58am On Oct 24, 2013
eduson33: Thanks bruv..buh I will like to know what made em dangerous.
U no see the indicators?
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by Allohrandy(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are most of the blacks in East Oakland like their folk in Atlanta(Rich) or like Blacks in Baltimore(not soo rich)?
No. most blacks in East Oakland are not that rich and are more like medium income blacks. Atlanta and DC is the 'Mecca' of rich and successful blacks. In CA, most rich blacks are located in southern CA ( Greater Los Angeles Area) in cities like Carson and Torrance. while cities like Oakland, Compton and Watts have a high number of low income blacks

2 Likes

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by Afam4eva(m): 8:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Allohrandy: No. most blacks in East Oakland are not that rich and are more like medium income blacks. Atlanta and DC is the 'Mecca' of rich and successful blacks. In CA, most rich blacks are located in southern CA ( Greater Los Angeles Area) in cities like Carson and Torrance. while cities like Oakland, Compton and Watts have a high number of low income blacks
The truth is, one cannot seperate low or medium income black neighborhood with crime. Same with low income white neighborhoods. Pooor people have more propensity to become criminals. That's why cities like Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland and New Orleans always make the list of the most dangerous cities in America.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by Afam4eva(m): 8:04am On Oct 24, 2013
@OP
Thanks for the list. Are you who i think you're?
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by Allohrandy(m): 8:11am On Oct 24, 2013
sheniqua: Afam you can see Baltimore is not a place for you to settle with our wife
I will not have you raise junior and his siblings in that war zone
I think Baltimore is not really bad. But I will never advice anyone to move to Michigan State. Detroit has the highest unemployment rate in America; the unemployment rate is like 40% and the city of Detroit is currently bankrupt and cant pay its bills. Plus the crime rate in Michigan State is really high.

2 Likes

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by Afam4eva(m): 8:13am On Oct 24, 2013
Allohrandy: I think Baltimore is not really bad. But I will never advice anyone to move to Michigan State. Detroit has the highest unemployment rate in America; the unemployment rate is like 40% and the city of Detroit is currently bankrupt and cant pay its bills. Plus the crime rate in Michigan State is really high.
I have a friend who's schooling in Detroit. He says he can't wait to live that place cos his life is threatened by the crime and unemployment. Things can only get worse for Detroit except something is done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by sheniqua: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva: @OP
Thanks for the list. Are you who i think you're?
Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by armyofone(m): 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
I heard houses are cheap in Flint and Detroit (Mich). Imagine buying your dream home cheap lipsrsealed.
I once visited a college friend who lived in one of the Kodak city while in school shocked. See huge mansion between 35-90k. Nice colonial mansion shocked At some point in history, the Kodak guys lived there, built the homes with Kodak money grin Past glory.
I envied my friend till I sat down to her stories of gunshot at night and PTSDs.
I met a Somali family who bought a home for 1 dollar. A married guy with 9 children and wifey does not work. He is planning to upgrade. The area is bad but i'm sure to him it is better than Somali.
You must have strong head to live in bad neighborhood. May God help HIS children.
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by sheniqua: 12:08am On Oct 25, 2013
armyofone: I heard houses are cheap in Flint and Detroit (Mich). Imagine buying your dream home cheap lipsrsealed.
I once visited a college friend who lived in one of the Kodak city while in school shocked. See huge mansion between 35-90k. Nice colonial mansion shocked At some point in history, the Kodak guys lived there, built the homes with Kodak money grin Past glory.
I envied my friend till I sat down to her stories of gunshot at night and PTSDs.
I met a Somali family who bought a home for 1 dollar. A married guy with 9 children and wifey does not work. He is planning to upgrade. The area is bad but i'm sure to him it is better than Somali.
You must have strong head to live in bad neighborhood. May God help HIS children.

They had $1 homes in Roxbury Massachusetts sometime ago too
I guess you buy the home and use the rest to invest in a few semi automatic hand guns and rifles

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 26, 2013
Sheniqua's last post got me rolling with laughter.... may I suggest you add an RPG armoury to the list....lol

2 Likes

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by dominique(f): 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
sheniqua:

I guess you buy the home and use the rest to invest in a few semi automatic hand guns and rifles

And bullet-proof jackets too grin
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by tpia5: 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
fast turnaround from "who wants to come to america, dont listen to the naysayers".

is the op now singing another tune?
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by AlphaTaikun: 9:55pm On May 25, 2022
sheniqua:

The cities were ranked according to crime data released by the FBI and the three indicators taken into account were: murders per 100,000 people, forcible ra.pes per 100,000 people, and robberies per 100,000 people, as these are considered the most violent types of offenses.
Read more at http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/most-dangerous-cities-215292/?singlepage=1#d8zyAM3qFflSOkGb.99

12 Philadelphia Pennsylvania

11. Birmingham Alabama

10.Newark New Jersey

9.Baltimore Maryland. Afam take note

8.Jackson Mississippi

7.St Louis Missourri

6.Cleveland Ohio

5.New Orleans Louisiana

4. Bridgeport Connecticut

3. Oakland California

2.Detroit Michigan

1. Flint Michigan
Cc: Lagusboyyy
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by AlphaTaikun: 9:59pm On May 25, 2022
sheniqua:

grin grin
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by lagusboyyy(m): 10:08pm On May 25, 2022
AlphaTaikun:
Cc: Lagusboyyy
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by AlphaTaikun: 10:12pm On May 25, 2022
lagusboyyy:
Thanks bro.
You're welcome @Lagusboyyy.
All the best.
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by AlphaTaikun: 10:16pm On May 25, 2022
Allohrandy:
I live in East Oakland, CA. Its a major city with a big sea port in northern CA and very close to San Francisco. Its a predominantly black American city with a relatively large Nigerian community. its the home of hip pop in California and great rappers like Tupac, MC Hammer, Keyshia Cole and other East Coast rappers were born and raise in Oakland, CA. The crime rate is high in West Oakland but its relatively safe in East Oakland and surrounding counties or towns. A Nigerian lady was fatally shot to death 2 years ago in Oakland. however, I think the crime rate in Oakland has reduced because a new police chief was employed by the City Mayor this year. Oakland, CA is not a bad place to live tho because it has a very high nice and friendly black population. I have never really experience act of violence personally but last year a man and his wife was shot to death closed to my house and my EX- girlfriend's cousin was also shot to death last year. The problem in America is that it is very easy to get a gun.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by BunmiBie: 10:19pm On May 25, 2022
Allohrandy:

That last statement is the problem. If they can amend that law, crime rate will be low.
Re: For the intending immigrants,the 12 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA by AlphaTaikun: 10:33pm On May 25, 2022
Allohrandy:
No. most blacks in East Oakland are not that rich and are more like medium income blacks. Atlanta and DC is the 'Mecca' of rich and successful blacks. In CA, most rich blacks are located in southern CA ( Greater Los Angeles Area) in cities like Carson and Torrance. while cities like Oakland, Compton and Watts have a high number of low income blacks
True that... But then drug-fueled violent crimes in Atlanta is location-based.

Areas towards the South-Side of Atlanta are more prone to violent crimes, and areas to the North are where the more successful folks live and these are more secure.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Working In South Korea / I Need Iberia Office Address In Lagos / The Largest State In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.