Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi (18975 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / NFF Did Not Pay Me N20Million, Oliseh Releases Bank Statement [DOCUMENTS] / NFF Must Share The Blame With Oliseh In CHAN Fall Out – Onigbinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 24, 2013
Super Eagles’ Coach Stephen Keshi on Wednesday described the seven-month salaries being owed him by the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) as “the lowest point” of his coaching career.

Keshi said this in Abuja at the Home-based Super Eagles’ interactive session with the media ahead of the team’s upcoming international friendly with Jordan in Amman.

He spoke in reaction to a statement credited to the NFA that the allowances and bonuses the team’s coaches earn were enough to sustain them.

Keshi is being owed about N35million in salary arrears.

Keshi however said the NFA had not done him any favour with the Super Eagles’ coaching job, because he had done the job with all he had.

Owing me up to seven months makes me feel I am not being appreciated. It is like they (my employers) think I am being favoured in what I am doing.

I am not being favoured. Whatever I am doing here, I am doing it with everything I have and I need to be respected and be paid

“The lowest point of my career is working and not being paid for seven to eight months. I have never had this kind of experience before,” he said.

The former Super Eagles captain recalled that he was never owed his salaries when he worked with the Malian and Togolese football federations as coach of their senior national teams.

“In Mali, they will never owe you. Your salary will hit your account before the end of every month. It was the same thing in Togo.

“Owing me up to seven months makes me feel I am not being appreciated. It is like they (my employers) think I am being favoured in what I am doing.

“I am not being favoured. Whatever I am doing here, I am doing it with everything I have and I need to be respected to be given my pay,” Keshi said.

He said it was unbelievable that he and his colleagues had worked without pay for about eight months out of the 24 months they have worked with the Super Eagles.

“I don’t like discussing about money issues and if there is any NFA member who said we can work for free, then I will want to speak with him face to face.

“If they say we can work for free and that they are not going to pay, so be it.

“I can’t have my family abroad and I will be in debt because I have not been paid for seven months and somebody is saying we should not complain,” the coach said.

He regretted that the NFA appears not to be concerned about their plight “in spite of training under rain and sun to make Nigerians happy”.

NAN recalls that Aminu Maigari, the NFA chairman, had recently confirmed the debt owed Keshi and his colleagues.

He had however said the Nigerian football governing body could not help it as it was cash-strapped.

Maigari claimed that the situation had led to the slashing of the Eagles’ winning bonus from $10,000 to $5,000.

He also pointed out that some NFA members of staff were being owed for over a year.

Maigari had mentioned those being owed to include Musa Amadu, the Secretary-General, Mohammed Sanusi, the Director of Competitions, and Emmanuel Ikpeme, the Director of Technical

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/nfa-must-respect-me-pay-me-keshi/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#sthash.lVUzXfOd.dpuf

3 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Tolexander: 5:12am On Oct 24, 2013
Why don't we respect anything that is indigenous to us?

Lars Largaback wey no sabi anything and won nothing for the nation, dem still pay him more regular than the way they are paying Keshi.

Little wonder we are bleaching to resemble oyinbo.

29 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 24, 2013
2nd to comment..
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by joeyungg: 5:19am On Oct 24, 2013
This is bad. Hw can such a careless statement be made dat he can survive on earned bonuses. Seems some guys in d NFA are gettin envious of d luv shown to Keshi by Nigerians.

7 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by laplace19(m): 6:08am On Oct 24, 2013
.....Very malevolent by NFA... A family man that has worked so hard for the progress of our team,had patience for 7 consecutive months without any pay,yet you guys have the guts to tell him that his allowances and bonuses are enough to sustain him?

Wickedness at its climax..............

I am really perturbed and aggravated with this.....

Nevertheless,Man's inhumanity to man makes countless thousand mourn......

Keshi deserves to be paid with immediate effect,seriously

8 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by sCun: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2013
These fools are trying to frustrate Keshi's effort. We need to make a lot of noise about this, Keshi must be paid!

9 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Oct 24, 2013
7 months? he should join ASUU strike with immediate effect!

18 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Forzap: 12:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
7 watshocked sum heads nid 2 roll ASAP angry
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Ajibel(m): 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is unfair. When everything (results) nau seems to go against him, they'd be the ones craving for a sack.

Unpythonic Fucktards angry we have on our nff board

2 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by AKNAPOLEON: 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
And you guys will be looking me one kain when you are singing the National Anthem and I don't stand up.Make una wait ,I dey come. Useless Jungle!!!

4 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Igbanibo: 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
That is why it is next to impossible to respect the NFF.
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by sleekier(m): 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
Eyha
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Rossikk(m): 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
Why doesn't Keshi pick up the phone and call the president? GEJ has repeatedly pledged his full support for the team, even visiting the team in camp etc. This makes no sense. If I was Keshi I'd be on the phone to the president every blessed day till I get paid! It's Keshi that is doing small boy for Maigari, afraid to upset him. Rubbish. Keshi needs to MAN UP and demand his PAY.

17 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by honeric01(m): 7:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
Rossikk: Why doesn't Keshi pick up the phone and call the president.. GEJ has repeatedly pledged his full support for the team.

Why should he call the president when it wasn't the president that employed him? NFF should pay him and he doesn't need to talk to the president before he's paid!

2 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Rossikk(m): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
honeric01:

Why should he call the president when it wasn't the president that employed him? NFF should pay him and he doesn't need to talk to the president before he's paid!

Bollocks. When Westerhof and Bonfrere were coaches they hardly communicated with NFA at all. Everything was through the presidency. That contributed a lot to their success.

5 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Gondar: 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
You guys can't even pay your coach but you still claim that Ethiopia is poor and can't beat you because it's poor. grin We even paid that nigerian coach of ours 10k USD for a whole year before he was fired for poor performance. How is it that the most petrol rich country in Africa can not pay the first black coach to take a team to the world cup ? I pity keshi, he is going hungry after all the hard work shocked

8 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by honeric01(m): 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
Rossikk:

Bollocks. When Westerhof and Bonfrere were coaches they hardly communicated with NFA at all. Everything was through the presidency. That contributed a lot to their success.

Junk, because that was in the military era where things didn't go through normal process, show me where in a sane country a coach of a sport team goes to the president to ask for his salary when there is a ministry of sports. we never had a president during these people's era, so compare apple for apple oga.

6 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Rossikk(m): 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
honeric01:

Junk, because that was in the military era where things didn't go through normal process, show me where in a sane country a coach of a sport team goes to the president to ask for his salary when there is a ministry of sports. we never had a president during these people's era, so compare apple for apple oga.

Are you saying that because we are in a civilian regime that everything now ''goes through the normal process''? If so, why hasn't Keshi been paid for 7 months?

7 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by honeric01(m): 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
Rossikk:

Are you saying that because we are in a civilian regime that everything now ''goes through the normal process''? If so, why hasn't Keshi been paid for 7 months?

Yes, everything should go through normal due process. if he hasn't been paid, then the sport ministry should call the NFF to order, they have a budget (Yearly) so they should work with that.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Shalex(f): 4:06am On Oct 25, 2013
Mr keshi go and join ASUU strike now or never

Status
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by amabia: 4:13am On Oct 25, 2013
Thieves!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by hercules07: 4:19am On Oct 25, 2013
honeric01:

Yes, everything should go through normal due process. if he hasn't been paid, then the sport ministry should call the NFF to order, they have a budget (Yearly) so they should work with that.

I am amazed at how we can not do the right thing, if everybody calls the President for everything, will the guy be able to do anything?

1 Like

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 4:19am On Oct 25, 2013
They are owing someone that is actually working..YET the bia*tch u call aviation minister can waste money to buy armored BMW vehicles!

9 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Swiftboy(m): 4:21am On Oct 25, 2013
Why wont the FA be cashless when na soo soo looting them sabi. Smh thieves! grin

1 Like

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by kabaka1: 4:21am On Oct 25, 2013
Tolexander: Why don't we respect anything that is indigenous to us?

Lars Largaback wey no sabi anything and won nothing for the nation, dem still pay him more regular that the way they are paying Keshi.

Little wonder we are bleaching to resemble oyinbo.

I totally agree with u. Na inferiority complex wet still hold our people make we no dey value our own people's effort
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by InvertedHammer: 4:27am On Oct 25, 2013
/

And someone had the nerve to come here and blame the West for our problems.

//

1 Like

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 4:30am On Oct 25, 2013
If SuperEagles Coaches should strike .... Na GEJ I go blame !!!

NFF said, they are cash strapped, Na ihm be say Okonjo Iweala(mama Harvard) no dey pump them money, Na ihm be say Jonathan no direct am to do so !!!

What a stingy man !!!....

If U crucify ma post, na thunder go fire ya Nyansh grin

1 Like

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by chucky234(m): 4:32am On Oct 25, 2013
Rossikk: Why doesn't Keshi pick up the phone and call the president? GEJ has repeatedly pledged his full support for the team, even visiting the team in camp etc. This makes no sense. If I was Keshi I'd be on the phone to the president every blessed day till I get paid! It's Keshi that is doing small boy for Maigari, afraid to upset him. Rubbish. Keshi needs to MAN UP and demand his PAY.
And you think GEJ is not aware of the 7 months salaries owed Keshi by NFF?

1 Like

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by naijamerican: 4:37am On Oct 25, 2013
The NFF needs to hang for the way they are treating Keshi. And Nigeria wonders why it continues to be the laughing stock of the world. Stupidity is endemic to Nigerian leaders and administrators it seems

1 Like

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by chucky234(m): 4:41am On Oct 25, 2013
Gondar: You guys can't even pay your coach but you still claim that Ethiopia is poor and can't beat you because it's poor. grin We even paid that nigerian coach of ours 10k USD for a whole year before he was fired for poor performance. How is it that the most petrol rich country in Africa can not pay the first black coach to take a team to the world cup ? I pity keshi, he is going hungry after all the hard work shocked
And where is this deluded discombobulated Ethiopian malamute coming from, you paid $10k to a coach for a whole calendar year yet got the gut to show your void brain here.
Keshi earns $40k on a monthly basis and not the preposterous $10k your wretched govt paid to that poor coach, hope that stick into your head, birdbrain.

5 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Truckpusher(m): 4:55am On Oct 25, 2013
AK-NAPOLEON:
And you guys will be looking me one kain when you are singing the National Anthem and I don't stand up.Make una wait ,I dey come. Useless Jungle!!!
grin grin
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Truckpusher(m): 5:06am On Oct 25, 2013
chucky234: And where is this deluded discombobulated Ethiopian malamute coming from, you paid $10k to a coach for a whole calendar yet got the gut to show your void brain here.
Keshi earns $40k on a monthly basis and not the preposterous $10k your wretched govt paid to that poor coach, hope that stick into your head, birdbrain.
I keep wondering which of the caves these orangutans keep crawling out from to join issues with Nigerians...smh

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rohr: I would Have Won AFCON With Super Eagles In Cameroon / Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams / 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.