Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide (26060 Views)

PHOTO: Who Knows This Accident Victim From Anambra / 19 Year Old Ghanian Girl Commits Suicide After S*X Tape Leaks Online (photos) / 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang Rapecommits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Youngzedd(m): 6:54am On Oct 24, 2013
YENAGOA— An 18-year-old girl, allegedly gang-raped by three boys, has committed suicide at her Amarata residence. It is a suburb of Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital.
The deceased, simply identified as Janet, was a native of Oduali in Abua/Odua Local Government Area of Rivers State.

She was reportedly gang-raped at gunpoint by the boys, who forced her into an uncompleted building last week, while she was on an errand for her elder sister.
A source said: “The girl was sad and devastated after the incident. After she narrated her experience, her sister’s husband, who is a pastor, asked her to describe any of her attackers. She described one of them.

“The boy was traced to his house, but he had absconded. The pastor counselled her and promised to pursue the matter to a logical conclusion.”
It was gathered that, unknown to her guardian, the distraught girl had decided to take her own life.

The source said the rape victim left behind a suicide note, after which she took a poisonous substance known as Sniper.
She was discovered groaning in pain, and taken to GlorylandHospital, where she died.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Alex Akhigbe, confirmed the incident. He said the Police has launched investigation into the alleged rape charges filed by the girl’s family.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/18-yr-old-victim-of-gang-rape-commits-suicide/

1 Like

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by kelvin1191(m): 7:12am On Oct 24, 2013
RIP my dear! So if the girl hadnt commited sucide the police wount have launched investigation?

8 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Evyuc(m): 7:21am On Oct 24, 2013
So painful.

2 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Infomizer(m): 7:48am On Oct 24, 2013
What a pathetic story. But suicide was a wrong move! Who will testify even if the criminals are apprehended? Or the police will just dole out justice oppa 9ja style?
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by debbiebear(f): 7:56am On Oct 24, 2013
R.I.P ,dia shuld be a couselin centre 4 rape nd molestation victims in Nigeria.............evil people

4 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2013
debbiebear: R.I.P ,dia shuld be a couselin centre 4 rape nd molestation victims in Nigeria.............evil people

I would rather there is death penalty for rapists.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by laplace19(m): 8:34am On Oct 24, 2013
Man's inhumanity to man makes countless thousand mourn....

R.I.P ,dear Janet

6 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by yunglykmine(m): 8:38am On Oct 24, 2013
what a wicked world!
R I P dear.

1 Like

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Obinoscopy(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2013
kelvin1191: RIP my dear! So if the girl hadnt commited sucide the police wount have launched investigation?
Police are not Gods, if the case was not reported to the nearest police station, there's no way they would have known.

2 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 24, 2013
She dey MAD. Abeg make she no start that trend in Nigeria o. Molestation will forever occur in as much as this world is concerned but the law is there to handle it. Even in USA, they abduct, molest and kill....

I really dont see it in her killing herself... Why cant she just live her life as anew Fine the stigma will forever be there but with proper counselling and advice, I am sure she will scale through... Her parents should have started with an immediate relocation soshe will have fresh air in the midst of her immediate family...

Kai! another resource gone...

May her soul rest in peace. And by the way, OP please remove the name of the substance she took abeg.... Please I beg you... This will avoid others into thinking they can get it so cheap!

25 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 24, 2013
Guys make una dey go asawo nah,d price no high

8 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by dridowu: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2013
RIP
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:35am On Oct 24, 2013
ledafaze: And by the way, OP please remove the name of the substance she took abeg.... Please I beg you... This will avoid others into thinking they can get it so cheap!

Why don't you send a request to vanguard to remove it? Or even ask google to remove all links on how to commit suicide.
Self-appointed protector of whatever. Mtcheew.

7 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 24, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Why don't you send a request to vanguard to remove it? Or even ask google to remove all links on how to commit suicide.
Self-appointed protector of whatever. Mtcheew.

Believe me, I have been programmed to ignore you. Gbabe! No be you? Except you use a different ID.

11 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Ruq: 9:50am On Oct 24, 2013
ledafaze:

Believe me, I have been programmed to ignore you. Gbage! No be you? Except you use a different ID.

You failed ignoring.
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2013
Ruq:

You failed ignoring.

He knows what I meant....

I sha no kukuma give him the attention he needed. grin
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Livinusc(m): 9:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Rip dear...so sad but for her to take her was not d best.
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2013
Rip,Too bad
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Costa2000(m): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2013
RIP
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 24, 2013
Aww RIP. Poor gal!
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by chucky234(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2013
Another death by sniper, sniper has caused more harm and grief to people than rats ooo.
RIP sha.
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by jhydebaba(m): 10:03am On Oct 24, 2013
I share in ur pain young girl but it is not enough reason to take ur life.

Na wah for guys wey dey rape sha, now wey tohtoh don become 3 for 10naira with jare/fisi.
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by kingthreat(m): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2013
The best thing that could be done to appease her case is for justice to be done against the rapists. Unfortunately, there is no faith in the justice system and neither could she live with the pain. The family of the girl could have done more to talk to her. Sad story. May her blood be on the head of those lunatics

2 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by LMAyedun(m): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Eeyaa!!!
R I P.
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Richy4(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2013
I wish this happened where government is super concern about their citizens. those hoodlums would have felled the full weight of the law.

Gosh!!!! I just feel so powerless and angry right now. sad
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Oliveronline: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2013
Sad
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by iamswizz(m): 10:06am On Oct 24, 2013
cold world
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by tigonana: 10:06am On Oct 24, 2013
Cutting one head no be cure for headech y in go kill her self cos say dem rape am,no be so.R.I.p to d dead.
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 24, 2013
God punish those boys wherever they are...and May God forgive her for taking her own life..Amen

4 Likes

Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by 1shortblackboy: 10:07am On Oct 24, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by nerodenero: 10:08am On Oct 24, 2013
ledafaze:

Believe me, I have been programmed to ignore you. Gbage! No be you? Except you use a different ID.
Quoting and passing comments based on the quotation is safe to say he got your attention. Go deal with it
Ruq:

You failed ignoring.
ledafaze:

He knows what I meant....

I sha no kukuma give him the attention he needed. grin
Re: 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 24, 2013
ledafaze: She dey MAD. Abeg make she no start that trend in Nigeria o. I really dont see it in her killing herself... Why cant she just live her life as anew Kai! another resource gone...
[/b]
have u ever been molested before? Has any of your siblings ever been rayped before? If yes, how did u or ur sibling feel after the rape? If no, please SHUT THE FORK UP!!

32 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road / How Money Disappeared From My Pocket / Sexkillz, The Omo Mo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.