Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,547 members, 7,801,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? (13055 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? / Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by dilahel: 10:04am On Jul 08, 2008
hello nairalanders, My friend's ex-boyfriend wants to date me and the only reason
why am not dating him is because he is my friend's ex-boyfriend.
some of my friends think that is not a good enough reason not to date a man.
what do u nairalander think? can u date ur friend's ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2008
personally, I wouldn't lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by Templa(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2008
it'snot morally right if u were the one who caused them to break up. cheesy
anyways, no probs about that.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by spikedcylinder: 10:30am On Jul 08, 2008
First, how long ago did they break up?
Usually, it is a big no no in social norms to date the ex of a friend. sad
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by dilahel: 10:33am On Jul 08, 2008
They broke 3years ago because she was cheating on the guy.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by kokoye(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2008
Oh, so she cheated on him ??

Go for it if you want him , move to another city if you have to.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2008
ibkaye:

personally, I wouldn't lipsrsealed
definitely not a big no for me
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by demo47: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2008
na don't do it. there are too many options for you,

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by iice(f): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
Different strokes for different folks

Personally i can't date within my circle
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by TOH(f): 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2008
dilahel:

They broke 3years ago because she was cheating on the guy.

Did you find this out yourself or that's what he told you?
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by bicee(f): 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2008
don't do it girl.
it's not morally right and justifiable
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by tope2000(f): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2008
Personally i wouldnt do it
but sometimes we cant help who we fall in love with

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by nana(f): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2008
tope2000:

but sometimes we can't help who we fall in love with
True
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by onyinye2(f): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2008
to me that is the ultimate sign of betrayal. i mean he is an ex so i mean once you date any one of my friends, i cut off all strings with you. just because you take off a shoe doesn't mean you wont wear it again. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by Moyola(f): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2008
tope2000:

but sometimes we can't help who we fall in love with

true dat!

buh IMO,,,,,,,,,,,seemz wrung 2 me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kind of pass me ajeku, i wuldnt
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by ladybam(f): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ post

its okay to date your friends ex,
but boy!!! i will sooooooooo not do it. TRUELY
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by SENATORJD(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2008
it aint wrong girl as long as u didn't cause the break up and u love him.
someones Ex today would be anothers Present one day, so what the heck
if you love him and he does you. go ahead.but u have to be careful how u talk (love stuffs;we did this and that stuffs)about him when ur friend is there cos such affects friendship wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by Nautillus(m): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2008
This story of "cheated on the boyfriend" is just from you . . . .only God knws what TRUELY transpired.

This your act can't be justified ok . . . .WHAT IS WRONG IS WRONG.

Its as good as marrying your friends EX HUSBAND . . .afterall, she left him 3 years ago.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by SENATORJD(m): 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2008
Nautillus:

Its as good as marrying your friends EX HUSBAND . . .afterall, she left him 3 years ago.
dnt think so love, Ex-boyfriend (dating= break-up) and Ex-Husband (marriage= divorce) are two different terms.
how many people do u know that have many EX-husbands compared to Ex-boyfriends?
there is no correlation between the two terms. i stand to be corrected though
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by sistajay(f): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2008
Me no no right or wrong, just follow your heart.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by blackolove(m): 12:15am On Mar 21, 2012
is nt gud 2 date ur gf ex-bf,bt 4 a guy, u cn date ur frnd ex-girl.reason;as a girl,if u date ur frnd ex-bf n it wrk 2 marriage or so.one day he wl see his ex-girl n like 2 hv fun wt her.remembr ur frnd might gv in since u did nt thnk twice b/4 datin her ex,she'l nt thnk 2 hv it once wt her ex-boy.and angel it might lead 2 anoda thing all 2 gada.so think very well.love is not realy blind as we claim,bt those in d love.dnt take b/cos u luv him n make a mstake u'l cum 2 regrt.ur frnd might claim 2 be happy wt u but dear think abt d future
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by dunnio(f): 9:59am On Mar 21, 2012
its really pointless to date ur friend's EX-BOYFRIEND as it will only lead to destroying you and the reason u ever wanted to love,pls have a re-think and let him be.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by ifihearam: 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
There is nothing wrong in dating your friend's ex but your relationship with her would never go well as she might see it as a sign of betrayal.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by elmat: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
Wow am presently in a situation similar to this, but my own case is my when I was dating my ex bf one of his friends liked me but he did not make any move and one day i mistakenly sent him a msg on whatapp thinking he was someone else.And that same week he started asking me out @ first and now he is saying he wants me to be his bride. And he sounds like his sincere and he seems good like what I want in d man I choose to marry but I know that its wrong to date him cause hes my x friend and all my friends are like I cant date him it mite b a bet but he seems much older than my ex and very intelligent and also responsible. A part of me wants to try and a part of me is scared, like am making a mistake. And if i choose to agree how am i going to face my ex even though he was the one @ fault in our relationship. And right now am so confuse. I just wish i dint even send d msg that day.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by daisyella: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Its not wrong but its not right either
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by pri3stess(f): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
iice: Different strokes for different folks

Personally i can't date within my circle
Same here I just can't, it's morally wrong besides I would not want a friend to do that to me so, I will not do it to someone else.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by andyanders: 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
You will bear the brunt. whether good or bad, you must suffer the stigma as your friend or any reasonable person will see you as backbiter and a cheat. Don;t do it.Even to date him is still bad. Note, this guy will still dump you or you dump him.
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by cucumba(m): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
My dear, it happened to me.My frnd did it to me but guess what, tmy EX came back begin to come back bt I rejected her. I had in mind settling down with this girl and my frnd knew but when we had a little problem, the gul went to see the guy to help her talk to me strategically, the guy devised a deciet by telling the gul that I have a relationship so it started btwn them. Its a sign of coverteousness and its a big scar of betrayal. I suggest u flee from such an act if u have an integrity.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by smarttm: 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
onyinye2:
to me that is the ultimate sign of betrayal. i mean he is an ex so i mean once you date any one of my friends, i cut off all strings with you. just because you take off a shoe doesn't mean you wont wear it again. undecided

do u think he is truly in love with u?
Re: Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
if u ready to loose your friendship go ahead,but as for me ooooo,I won't try it coz it kinda looks lyk you've always wanted him to be yours while he was still dating ur friend :-Xif u ready to loose your friendship go ahead,but as for me ooooo,I won't try it coz it kinda looks lyk you've always wanted him to be yours while he was still dating ur friend

(1) (Reply)

Girls, If You Want To Know The Size Of A Man's "D", Check His Fingers / Man Caught Doing This At The Back Of A House (Photos) / Who Says Fulani Girls Are Not Woke? See Fulani Girls Grooving So Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.