Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) (9821 Views)

PMAN Governor, Collins Adeyemi Celebrated At Rotary Event In Abuja (PHOTOS) / FG Partners Dbanj, PMAN On Fascinating Nigeria Project / Mustapha Oniru Weds Kristy Crooks (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by airedales: 7:41am On Oct 24, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-bL1AcACLxPw/UmhtyMBjdCI/AAAAAAAAOFc/HryIZYtGgZc/s280/Amego-2.jpg[/img]
When Doctors sent him home to spend time with his family,they gave him three weeks to live,his body had been rravaged by colon cancer.......He didnt last up to one week at home.he diied a few hours ago.

see his last telephone conversation with Azuka Jebose, ace journalist and former Entertainment Editor of The Punch.

During a telephone conversation yesterday night with Mustapha, his voice waning, weak and frail, barely audible, he expressed appreciations for the support, empathy that blanketed his life since his family went public with his health challenges.

“ Zuky,I just wished God would give me more time to thank every Nigerian. I am grateful to have been born Nigerian. I hope someday we would resolve our various differences and live as one Nigeria, be as great as the United States. We are a resilient people, regardless of our diversity.

Where else can you find a unique ethnic peoples under one nation, with beautiful and diversified cultures, peoples, traditions and customs?.Nigeria is such a glorious nation and I pray the powers that be would someday allow our children to tell the stories of our resilience and our great people. Zuky, I thank you, Joel, Jude, Alex Zitto, and everybody. I am at peace and have accepted my circumstance. I don’t have much time left. But I am fulfilled... I want to be remembered as a son, a father who did his best to reach out, remember me as somebody who, despite disagreements, always found ways to put myself in people’s shoes. Zuky, it’s in God’s hands now. And I am happy, man, because I started this life’s journey with half full cup and filled it , it was difficult, but I filled it. I am fulfilled”.

*Mustapha Amego is Nigerian musician who relocated to the US almost two decades ago when his music was not bear hugged by Nigerians..He had a monstrous fan base who were sad to hear he had relocated and nothing had been heard of him for many many years until his illness was announced by his family.

Visit Nigeria's Finest Celebrity News Source. Breaking News/gists @ http:///C2jqI
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by laplace19(m): 7:48am On Oct 24, 2013
R.I.P Mustapha
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by taiwokehin(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2013
This is painful knowing that ur time is up on earth. R I P. Ina lilahi

1 Like

Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by angelTI(f): 8:10am On Oct 24, 2013
Never heard his name or story before. RIP sir
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by GODWINGODSON(m): 8:19am On Oct 24, 2013
Rip
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Dreal1247: 8:22am On Oct 24, 2013
I register my condolence.
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Dreal1247: 8:22am On Oct 24, 2013
Rip
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by hammedkola(m): 8:25am On Oct 24, 2013
R.I.P sad
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Airforce1(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2013
R.I.p sir sad
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Brimmie(m): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2013
Arr High Pee... undecided
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Afam4eva(m): 11:02am On Oct 24, 2013
RIP...i wonder how he felt knowing that he was gonna die anything soon.
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by extremelygolden: 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
Rest in Peace.
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by 4chi: 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
Remembered this jolly fellow. Always reffered to as the "funky mallam" R.I.P it is well with you.
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by naptu2: 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ishilove! Come here quickly!

Mustapha Amego is dead!
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by oluwaju1lo(m): 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
R.I.P. D rate at which cancer dey kill pple nw is high!
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Dantedasz(m): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
This guy used to host the Kessington hit show back in the early 80s.
It was a kind of dance show modelled after Soul train.
RIP.
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by skyscraperTM(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
I don't know him. . .

RIP anyways
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by naptu2: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by omiobo: 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
R I P
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Fadelex(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
it's a painful thing to know ur time is definitely up but it's better cuz he woulda been able to make amend b4 departure.... I never knew you Mustapha Amego but I pray that your soul found peace with your creator.. I'm impressed by d message of love he preached to Nigerians to live together as one despite our diversity, I just hope all these kids of these days will open this thread and learn from it but I doubt because there's no Stella oduah, tinubu, fashola, buhari and Gej on d topic... may God have mercy on us... rest in peace Mustapha
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Donsammi(m): 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
BREAKING NEWS !! ASUU STRIKE HAS AFFECTED SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL AND PRIMARY ... REPORTING FRM ABJ,KUBWA

1 Like

Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by IamSylva(m): 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva: RIP...i wonder how he felt knowing that he was gonna die anything soon.
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Odukes(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
angel TI: Never heard his name or story before. RIP sir

Guess you are under 20yrs but if you were versatile you would have reasoned he was somebody who paid his dues to his fatherland, considering he was PMAN President at a point. Learn not to display ignorance on public forum. RIP Amego.
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by omonla555: 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
RIP, M.A
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Skipfr(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
R.I.P. Cancer is ravaging d world n killing d old n d young. E nr fit near where I dy sha because I don anoint mysef wit anointing water from Prophet TBJ.
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Ishilove: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
naptu2: Ishilove! Come here quickly!

Mustapha Amego is dead!
Eyah. I thought he had died since. It is quite shocking sad
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by mikidoo1(m): 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
Donsammi: BREAKING NEWS !! ASUU STRIKE HAS AFFECTED SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL AND PRIMARY ... REPORTING FRM ABJ,KUBWA
Any sense in your comment?
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
Odukes:

Guess you are under 20yrs but if you were versatile you would have reasoned he was somebody who paid his dues to his fatherland, considering he was PMAN President at a point. Learn not to display ignorance on public forum. RIP Amego.

wtf?

1. It is not everybody who is above 20 that has heard of Mustapha Amego.
2. Even if you were "versatile", how the hell can you "reason" that a person you have never heard of, did all these things?
3. And how can admitting you have never heard of said musician (from the 80s and who relocated to the US decades ago) be seen as displaying ignorance?

Talk about displaying *ignorance on public forum*!!

That aside, rest in peace Mustapha. May your friends and loved ones have the courage to bear your loss.

1 Like

Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
Too sad. Rip man. May God be with his family
Re: Mustapha Amego Is Dead (Ex-PMAN Boss) by cloud7: 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
MAY THE SOUL OF THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED REST IN PEACE,FUNKY MALLAM AS MEDIA-MEN USED TO CALL HIM WAY BACK WAS THE BRAIN BEHIND THE SUCCESSFUL HOSTING OF THE FIRST NIGERIAN MUSIC AWARD,DURING HIS TIME AS PMAN PRESIDENT,HE RAISED THE BAR OF THE ASSOCIATION. R.I.P

(1) (2) (Reply)

Basketmouth Vs Julius Agwu Daughter....who Is Cuter?(photos) / 10 Ex-big Bbnaija Housemates That Are Broke Despite The Fame From The Show / Beyonce Is Pregnant - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.