Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? (10179 Views)

What Do People Mean When They Say They Are "In An Open Relationship"? / This Is What Happens Sometimes When You Stop A Girl And Ask For Her Number / What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by desiree(f): 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2006
Okay, here goes---you have been dating this guy/girl for one year plus, you have talked about marriage and he/she has met your parent, he/she even slightly suggested that you moved in together but you refused the offer due to personal reasons, everything seem to be going well with the relationship. He/she suddenly asks for an open relationship. embarassed

What does this imply??
Is he/she seeing somebody else??
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by pascal(m): 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2006
This issue of two dimensions to be honest, I am quick to say he /she is seeing another person and it look as this other person is treating he / she very well.

But again I think he/she is working on your emotion and endurance so you have to be careful in handling is case.

You may be in another relationship order than this but watch your back when you move.

Guys and Ladies will surely react differently in this particular situation so the ball is your court
undecided
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by eveseh(f): 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2006
that's not bad
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by uche1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2006
depends on you, as for me is not bad as a guy
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by BigShishi(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2006
only playaz wanna do dat, any gurl tell me dat, i'll nnuck her teeth out!
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by BigShishi(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2006
only playaz wanna do dat, any gurl tell me dat, i'll nnuck her teeth out!
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by 2cantango(f): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2006
If my man told me he wanted an open relationship - I'd kick his a$$ outt@ my life angry
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by BigShishi(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2006
2can, our responses are very similar grin grin
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by 2cantango(f): 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2006
Shishikins - that's because we are mature peeps who know what is right and wrong in the game of lurve wink cool
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by Hotstepper(f): 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2006
that means shez not interested in the relaionship and might be seeing some1 else
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by BigShishi(m): 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2006
true dat 2can
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by folkzy(f): 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2006
Oh my days. Open relationship is when u can be datin n u are lalowed to date sumone else while ur dating ur girl/guy. However, d other person will not be ur boo, d person will just b for fun.

Hope u didnt say yes. cos dat is wrong. A guy asked me dat as well. n when i told my friends; they explained it to me. So do not take dat at all.
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by desiree(f): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2006
funketobi:

Oh my days. Open relationship is when u can be datin n u are lalowed to date sumone else while your dating your girl/guy. However, d other person will not be your boo, d person will just b for fun.

Hope u didnt say yes. because that is wrong. A guy asked me that as well. n when i told my friends; they explained it to me. So do not take that at all.

Why did you assume it was me in this situation?? Okay, I was just wondering what would make a guy ask for an open relationship and why a girl would agree to be in this type of scenario?
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by eveseh(f): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2006
hehehe
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by folkzy(f): 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2006
Sorry, my bad. ok?, i fink if d person ask for an open relationship. he/she still wanna fool around. that's my opinion.
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by Shagari2(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2006
'close' the relationship
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by Coco29(f): 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2006
i would welcome it grin grin with open arms
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by desiree(f): 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2006
COCO29:

i would welcome it grin grin with open arms

Seriously, would you really accept it bearing in mind that he might be sleeping with other girls and there is the risk of passing on something dodgy to you? undecided

I would like to hear your point of view, if you don't mind smiley
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by Coco29(f): 10:31pm On Jun 12, 2006
desiree:

Seriously, would you really accept it bearing in mind that he might be sleeping with other girls and there is the risk of passing on something dodgy to you? undecided

I would like to hear your point of view, if you don't mind smiley

sweetie , condoms and i am a bit of a wild child so i see nothing wrong with as long as we use protection and i am serious
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by desiree(f): 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2006
Okay, i get you gurl grin i thought you wouldn't be going out to play and only the guy can be open. Okay thats cool, a very different opinion there.
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by Coco29(f): 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2006
although 4play has calm me down a bit, well hell a lot
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by desiree(f): 10:45pm On Jun 12, 2006
hahhahhhhhah

Good on ya!!! grin grin
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by zarah(f): 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2006
In my opinion , an open r/ship does not necessarily mean he/she will be sleeping around, it just could mean lets leave our options open till we figure out wat we really want.
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2006
Just Quit the relationship!! no One should tell U this!
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by desiree(f): 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2006
@zarah

Nope, An open relationship means no comittment and freedom to date/engage in sexual activities with another person.

Polyamory is the practice of having more than one loving relationship at the same time, with the full knowledge and consent of all partners involved. The relationships are long-term, intimate, and usually (but not necessarily) sexual. Persons who consider themselves emotionally suited to such relationships may define themselves as polyamorous, often abbreviated to poly.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_relationship
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by kisha: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2006
desiree:

@zarah

Nope, An open relationship means no comittment and freedom to date/engage in sexual activities with another person.

Polyamory is the practice of having more than one loving relationship at the same time, with the full knowledge and consent of all partners involved. The relationships are long-term, intimate, and usually (but not necessarily) sexual. Persons who consider themselves emotionally suited to such relationships may define themselves as polyamorous, often abbreviated to poly.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_relationship

lol, it all DEPENDS on a lot of factors,
I can tell you it has its benefits too trust me, cos ive experienced it, though its HELLA HARD, wow talk about emotions being turned off and on, its not easy but the good thing about this is, u 2 are gonna be TOTALLY HONEST with each other and in some cases this usually is a good thing cos then u relate as good true friends, cos even at the end of the long run, if btoh of you end up together, you will both appreciate each other for your honesty, and well if u dont end up together at the long run, you would still make the best of friends cos there would have been an understanding as to why the other party is going his/her way,

well thats the good side to open relationships,

the bad side? heheheh , you gon have to be strong to deal with a LOT of things, but take it, what dont break you will make you stronger, so its all up to you,
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by JoyceAgim(f): 1:16am On May 20, 2008
nah,no open rltnship.bt close one.infact no hole sef to peep,where the main thing can happen if u kw wat i mean grin grin
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by arianne(f): 1:23am On May 20, 2008
its like having havin ur cake and eatin it,on one hand, u have the love of someone and on the other, the liberty to screw someone else! its a bad game becos one party always gets hurt. hell no!
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by chika98: 1:25am On May 20, 2008
He just wants to introduce the side chic to you. That's all
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by arianne(f): 1:31am On May 20, 2008
chika98:

He just wants to introduce the side chic to you. That's all

u go girl, exactly my point.
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by Trendiest(f): 7:10am On May 20, 2008
huh, i like dis topic
cos my BF was talkin marriage b4 bt since we had dis big fight n made up again,its bein diff, even tho he was d one dat came back, he dosent talk abt marriage anymore and says he's still tryna figure out wt he wants from d relationship, ASSWIPE

technically,readin btw d lines, he's prolly indirectly askin 4 a open relationship, maybe
Re: If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 9:47am On May 20, 2008
End It

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbese!: Caught Red Handed By Her Mum. (screenshots) / Rate My Abs (PICS) / No Guy Can Stand This On A Female! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.