Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? (3467 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Genevieve Nnaji: A True Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2008
I heard that Gene has been kicked out from starring in the movie, Tulips starring Robin Givens, Thelma Nwosu, Kimberly Elise, Akofa Asiedu, Laurence Fishbourne etc. i heard she refused the $110K fee offered her. Now, i know she's the highest paid Nigerian actress but she should've gone through with the project for career purposes. I also heard she requested the producers to also fly and cater for her aides to the US. I was dissapointed to hear that because she's ma girl and lots of her fans especially in Ghana are mad at her. She just wasted the Nigerian spot because I heard they preferred Chioma Chuksuwka for some reason but because she was preggy, they turned to Genny.

www.tulipsfilm.com

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Raymond88(m): 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2008
What a dumb bitch! if this is true, when will people learn money isn't everything!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2008
What a dumb bitch! if this is true, when will people learn money isn't everything!
Although she's made it clear over and over again that she's very comfortable with nollywood. People have their own choices and the media may not be helping matters too because she hasn't made any public comment on the issue besides the ones issued by the producers.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Mustay(m): 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2008
Me I no like I hear I hear I hear reports o!

It's a personal decision and if she feels she's worth more than that - way to go girl

Afterall, some footballers receive that as a weekly wage sad
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . .how true is this? undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2008
Ziggy_mama:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . .how true is this? undecided
I hope it is not even true
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by iice(f): 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2008
rofl ahahahahahaha
In hollywood your star power determines the extent of diva-ness you can get away with.
Mega stars get all their demands taken care of (albeit sometimes not without grumbling)
But someone who is middle of the ladder don't always get what they want not to talk about someone starting in hollywood.
Wetin kwonsain me sef undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Mustay(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2008
I don't understand what red means by wasted undecided

What has she wasted there?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
Afterall, some footballers receive that as a weekly wage
She was truly kicked out from Tulips but she kept mum about the real reason why they did so. How many african footballers receive that kind of money as weekly wage? Even etoo samuel don't get paid that much a week.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2008
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Mustay(m): 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2008
why do u use KICKED OUT?

Was she kicked or she backed out?

Eto'o receives £128,000 a week after tax - got it wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2008
Was she kicked or she backed out?
Whatever!!! The glass is either half full or half empty.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Quesera: 10:05pm On Jul 08, 2008
I WAS PISSED AT FIRST.

I THOUGHT SHE SHOULD HAVE ACCEPTED IT; AT LEAST START FROM SOMEWHERE

BUT I HAD A RETHINK.

MAYBE THE AMOUNT PAID TO THE REST OF THE CREW WAS TWICE HERS.

BESIDES, IF SHE ACCEPTED A FEE THAT LESS, SHE MAY BE PLACED IN THE MIDDLE CLASS OR LOW CLASS IN HOLLYWOOD.

SHE HAS DREAMS AND I BELIEVE SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 11:19pm On Jul 08, 2008
BUT I HAD A RETHINK.

MAYBE THE AMOUNT PAID TO THE REST OF THE CREW WAS TWICE HERS.

BESIDES, IF SHE ACCEPTED A FEE THAT LESS, SHE MAY BE PLACED IN THE MIDDLE CLASS OR LOW CLASS IN HOLLYWOOD.

SHE HAS DREAMS AND I BELIEVE SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING.
Hollywood actors and actresses are not all paid equal. Will smith gets paid more than Denzel Washington, Samuel jackson gets paid more than Cuba Gooding, Halle berry gets paid more than Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie gets paid more than Kimberly Elise etc but since she's kept mum about it, it appears the movie producers were the ones that got dumped and are seriously pissed about it. All this speculations about money and so on are mere rumors and can only be substantiated if we hear from her. The media can make or mar you.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by iice(f): 3:42am On Jul 09, 2008
rofl, if you are new to hollywood, you at the bottom period!
You need a break to make it up the ladder. So coming into hollywood expecting to start at the top is delusional.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 5:32am On Jul 09, 2008
rofl, if you are new to hollywood, you at the bottom period!
You need a break to make it up the ladder. So coming into hollywood expecting to start at the top is delusional.
First of all, you mustn't start from the bottom in hollywood if you started new. Derek Luke's first movie was Antoine fisher and he was the lead cast. Others like Penelope Cruise did her thing at the Spanish pictures before heading to hollywood as a big star. Genny coming to hollywood to do "waka pass" role is like somebody who has a good job in Nigeria moving to America to work in McDonalds.

Besides, there is no reason to call her delusional because she never said she wants to star alongside Angelina Jolie. I think she has a right to choose what is good for her and what she wants to do. Common, it's not her fault that she's the face of Nigerian motion pictures, good for her and she should enjoy it now she's on top but expecting her to kiss some ass because that ass is from Hollywood is gross. She's even said it time without number that she's not interested in the damn hollywood so why can't people let her be?

Lots of European soccer stars decided to ply their trade in their local home club even when bigger clubs were looking for their signature with a big pay check. Lebron james decided to hang on around home with Ohio cavaliers even when bigger clubs were gunning for him. It's a personal decision and to be frank, she is the biggest African star in the Tulip crew and I know how these people here behave, they'll probably want to downplay her ability and worth because she's African even though they surely need her face to sell the movies to the African audience and she doesn't come as someone that can take that kind of BS. I've let better paying jobs slip through my fingers here because of that African factor plaguing us here and it's either you take their shit and remain a 3rd class citizen or tell them outright that nobody should toy with you. I single handedly bought more respect for me and some Africans in my work place(some stayed dormant there for years because they want to become chief that is not even guaranteed).

Genevieve Nnaji is a human being with mind and soul and it'll be unfair to judge her just from the words of some people she dumped or will you like us to take the words of some boyfriend you dumped and judge your personality based on his testimony alone?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by iice(f): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2008
Incase you missed it - You need a break. Derek Luke got that break.
And as to the ladder thing - i am talking about the 'divaness' one gets - The bigger you are, the more power you have.
You can have all the white candles, evian, white sheets, white flowers, constant spritz and what not - that is the divaness i am talking about. Your selling power determines what you can have or not.

As to the rest of your post - have no idea what you are talking about. I was solely referring the status one has in relation to what one can demand. And that goes for majority of the people in hollywood and not - only Genny. All the more better if she wants to stay in Nollywood especially if her status is at the top. Who is disturbing her to go to Hollywood? I don't really care. However Nollywood is not Hollywood. People be tripping.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Mustay(m): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2008
WHy did they think of using her 1st of all?

What did they think of her?

A novice or what?

There are many Nigerian actors they can pick - if they saw something 'outstanding' in her and they chose to use her, what's hard in meeting her demands?

It vexes me when I see it being called missed opportunity angry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2008
Why do I find it so difficult to believe she backed out 'cos her demands were not met? Why do I have this strong feeling she was kicked out??
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by FMarshal2(m): 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2008
candy:

Why do I find it so difficult to believe she backed out 'because her demands were not met? Why do I have this strong feeling she was kicked out??
You sabi de reason why them kick am out? kiss wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by CARUSO(m): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2008
If she deem her worth way more than what was offered then she can carry on waiting!

But my own be say, she may wait a lifetime before another opportunity comes knocking and i wont be surprised if she doesnt get any!!!

Stupid little twit!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2008
If she deem her worth way more than what was offered then she can carry on waiting!

But my own be say, she may wait a lifetime before another opportunity comes knocking and i wont be surprised if she doesnt get any!!!

Stupid little twit!!
Y'all tend to forget that she musn't work in Hollywood to be somebody or must you play in the English premiership(The Hollywood of soccer) to be a successful footballer.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2008
Why do I find it so difficult to believe she backed out 'because her demands were not met? Why do I have this strong feeling she was kicked out?
What a mixed feeling borne out of spite for her. How will you feel if someone says the same because you turned down a job offer whether your demands were met or not? Onyeka Onwenu collects nothing less than N1M per movie even if it's waka pass role and it's up to you to hire her or not. You cannot call her and offer her N500K and when she refuses, you start abusing her, same goes for Kenneth okonwko.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2008
WHy did they think of using her 1st of all?

What did they think of her?

A novice or what?

There are many Nigerian actors they can pick - if they saw something 'outstanding' in her and they chose to use her, what's hard in meeting her demands?

It vexes me when I see it being called missed opportunity
Their initial choice was chioma Akpota but they had to pass on her because she was preggy. Who knows, they must have figured that she may likely be cheaper than Gene.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by live4Him: 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2008
all is not lost, there's still thelma nwosu. so we still represented
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by mosunade(f): 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2008
how can she - i saw her in London recently on an Heathrow Express train with a zone 1 - 6 card - and when she was asked for her ticket - she produced the zone 1 - 6 ticket - on a Heathrow Bound train! and worse still she was arguing with the steward that she has a valid ticket - and worse still - she gat no money on her to buy correct ticket - well - yours truely sat looking until a fellow Nigerian guy came to her help -
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2008
all is not lost, there's still thelma nwosu. so we still represented
I don't even know who she is. Is she in Nollywood? They are also using her in Redsoil http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1018773/

Is she that popular or she just has a good manager?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by RedHotChic(f): 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2008
how can she - i saw her in London recently on an Heathrow Express train with a zone 1 - 6 card - and when she was asked for her ticket - she produced the zone 1 - 6 ticket - on a Heathrow Bound train! and worse still she was arguing with the steward that she has a valid ticket - and worse still - she gat no money on her to buy correct ticket - well - yours truely sat looking until a fellow Nigerian guy came to her h
That does not mean she's broke. She prolly left home thinking the ticket is valid for her trip. What's the big deal in that anyway?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by CH3COO(m): 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2008
mosun_ade:

how can she - i saw her in London recently on an Heathrow Express train with a zone 1 - 6 card - and when she was asked for her ticket - she produced the zone 1 - 6 ticket - on a Heathrow Bound train! and worse still she was arguing with the steward that she has a valid ticket - and worse still - she gat no money on her to buy correct ticket - well - yours truely sat looking until a fellow Nigerian guy came to her help -
haha
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by live4Him: 3:35am On Jul 10, 2008
RedHotChic:

I don't even know who she is. Is she in Nollywood? They are also using her in Redsoil http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1018773/

Is she that popular or she just has a good manager?

checked up the link. seems thelma has played coupla of movies in Nollywood. Good for her
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 10, 2008
F_Marshal:

You sabi de reason why them kick am out? kiss wink

grin grin grin I no sabi o, just a hunch! ! !

RedHotChic:

What a mixed feeling borne out of spite for her

I wonder how you arrived at that conclussion. I guess you are the sort of person who would deflate someone's tyres  out of spite  cheesy, but i'm not! I just said what I said because I read an interview where Genny said acting in hollywood is her goal! Now, why would she watch her dream crash-land because of money or some demands? Some of the biggest stars in hollywood today did not smile to the bank when they got their first pay packet! They became what they are today because they took the sh*t they were offered back then.

What beats me is why this almighty movie is not listed on IMDB, even though some nollywood films are there! Every attempt to get any useful information about the movie on internet proved futile, even the poster's link is a blank website that looks more like wall paper. Could it be that Genny discovered the whole tulip thang is a hoax? The whole thing sounds like a rumour started by a bunch of jobless bloggers.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Kicked Out Of Hollywood Production? by kosovo(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2008
huh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Occultic Video (with Pics) / Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO 2008) Official Thread / I Can't' Watch Video From Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.