Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,367 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:17 PM

Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers (38060 Views)

Warning!! Etisalat Monthly 1gb For 1000 Naira Is A Scam! / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Oyiboman69: 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
2 Before Warned,is 2 Before Harmed.
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by dival247(m): 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Let me take a break , theirs many loop hole , when u are buying a used device tell the person to sign out ,
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Idrismusty97(m): 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lolz.Just because you have icloud doesn't mean if your phone gets stolen you will get it back.Infact,You are just suffering the poor theft for nothing o. smiley

1 Like

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by MyJwell: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
write2obi: Lemmie have your Email or Pin, i prefer that

binaryteck@gmail.com
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by jairusben(m): 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fishout: It is no concern me.
omehn u dey fight wit d language
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by brownlord: 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
tumababa:

Only ios7. Contact me wen ready

Boss pls i need ur help and to all who can be of help too.

Pls how do i update my ios to 7.0.3, i can see the update on my software update, and where it says "download and instal" is not clickable, its telling me i need a wifi network to be able to update. Pls can you advice me how i wld be able to update my device i do not have a wifi network i used glo for my subscription. My device is ipad 3

Pls am waiting for ur response thanks.
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by buddyboi(m): 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
Nigerians r flippn ignorant*smh,dis guy actually 2k tym 2 post dis ish 2 shed lyt or even skul u guys so u dnt make d mistake n loose a lot of moni n u r here postn daft comments n u say nigeria aint moving 4ward...chk urselves first,ur ignorance alone is enuf 2 set d nation a decade behind

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Etumgbe: I always buy new phones. So OP dis ur topic is not meant for me.

Next topic pls

did you really need to post this lump of turd? smh - i-must-comment-to-prove-my-stupiidiity-syndrome

1 Like

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
princyunlimited: hw can diz thread make it 2 d frontpage?diz nt helpng us in ani way

then sharrap and exit the thread. this is very useful info if you must know. Besides, who is 'us'? ogbeni youre 'O.Y.O.'
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Policewoman(f): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
tumababa: please note that used iPhones have become scarce in the market now (and in some cases, more expensive) due to the activation lock feature on ios 7

if u go to the market or u want to buy iphone already running ios7 from anyone , it is not enough to check with your sim if its locked or unlocked, or if u can see d apps.

YOU MUST GO TO ICLOUD SETTINGS AND BE SURE THAT FIND MY IPHONE IS OFF BEFORE BUYING. If it is ON, tell the seller to switch it off, if he cant switch if off for whatever reason, DO NOT BUY!!!!!!

This is a must because once u buy and start using the fone to browse without switching off "find my iphone", d real owner (if it was stolen or lost) will get a mail that the phone has been found. he will now have control over the iphone and can lock it with his own chosen passcode which means u wont be able to use d iphone.he can even wipe the fone. At this point, it will be difficult to return the iphone to the seller.

you wont be able to restore/upgrade from itunes EXCEPT you turn off find my iphone. if you force d restore using DFU mode, then it becomes worse.before you can activate the fone, u MUST enter the apple id and password that enabled find my iphone before the restore (that's d activation lock feature). there is no way to bypass that for now and your iphone will be sooooo useless except u sell as parts.

So be careful.

this warning applies to mainly stolen iphones, but u never know if d fone u wanna buy here was stolen abroad.

i know some sellers will be mad at me now but the truth must be told
Too much techy grammar. In summary, DO NOT BUY A USED I PHONE grin
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by linearity: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
brownlord:

Boss pls i need ur help and to all who can be of help too.

Pls how do i update my ios to 7.0.3, i can see the update on my software update, and where it says "download and instal" is not clickable, its telling me i need a wifi network to be able to update. Pls can you advice me how i wld be able to update my device i do not have a wifi network i used glo for my subscription. My device is ipad 3

Pls am waiting for ur response thanks.

You either need WiFi connection or access to a PC that have internet connection plus itune to update the software.
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Adey09(m): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Noted
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
tumababa: please note that used iPhones have become scarce in the market now (and in some cases, more expensive) due to the activation lock feature on ios 7

if u go to the market or u want to buy iphone already running ios7 from anyone , it is not enough to check with your sim if its locked or unlocked, or if u can see d apps.

YOU MUST GO TO ICLOUD SETTINGS AND BE SURE THAT FIND MY IPHONE IS OFF BEFORE BUYING. If it is ON, tell the seller to switch it off, if he cant switch if off for whatever reason, DO NOT BUY!!!!!!

This is a must because once u buy and start using the fone to browse without switching off "find my iphone", d real owner (if it was stolen or lost) will get a mail that the phone has been found. he will now have control over the iphone and can lock it with his own chosen passcode which means u wont be able to use d iphone.he can even wipe the fone. At this point, it will be difficult to return the iphone to the seller.

you wont be able to restore/upgrade from itunes EXCEPT you turn off find my iphone. if you force d restore using DFU mode, then it becomes worse.before you can activate the fone, u MUST enter the apple id and password that enabled find my iphone before the restore (that's d activation lock feature). there is no way to bypass that for now and your iphone will be sooooo useless except u sell as parts.

So be careful.

this warning applies to mainly stolen iphones, but u never know if d fone u wanna buy here was stolen abroad.

I cant be mad at you since you didnt mention TECNO...
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by White007(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Good info op, I updated my iPhone5 to iOS 7 about 1 week ago, but I never knew of this info. I 'll get it done right away, just in case...
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by busybrain001(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
[b]Plz iPhone gurus in d house should help me.......since I upgraded to iOS 7.0.3, hv not been able to delete apps from my phone. D little x that is supposed to appear at d top of d icon when u press nd hold it is not appearing.......plz I need to delete some apps to free up space in my phone. Thanks [/b]
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
busybrain001: [b]Plz iPhone gurus in d house should help me.......since I upgraded to iOS 7.0.3, hv not been able to delete apps from my phone. D little x that is supposed to appear at d top of d icon when u press nd hold it is not appearing.......plz I need to delete some apps to free up space in my phone. Thanks [/b]

Can u let us know d iphone model and also if u can launch those apps u want to delete
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by proudly233: 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
......its not only for iphone, but also for android and any smartphone.....the feature can pin-point an exact location....I lost my Android Galaxy tab, all i did was get on my computer, activated an alarm on the phone to know if it was somewhere in my house, before i wiped the data and permanently locked my device, rendering it useless....Bad market

1 Like

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by brownlord: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
linearity:

You either need WiFi connection or access to a PC that have internet connection plus itune to update the software.

Thanks bro, u hv any idea on hw to download bbm on my device? Waitin ya respopnse
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by brownlord: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
linearity:

While updating, am i to connect my device 2 my pc using my cable charger or i stil hv to put on wifi netowork on my pc. Also do i need to sign in apple id in itune on my pc? Pls enlighten
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
brownlord:

While updating, am i to connect my device 2 my pc using my cable charger or i stil hv to put on wifi netowork on my pc. Also do i need to sign in apple id in itune on my pc? Pls enlighten

Wither u connect to wifi and upgrade without pc or connect to ur pc that is internet enabled and upgrade(u dont need to b connected to wifi on d fone if using pc.
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by sweetguy10(m): 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
tumababa:

Wither u connect to wifi and upgrade without pc or connect to ur pc that is internet enabled and upgrade(u dont need to b connected to wifi on d fone if using pc.

Thanks for the info man , I need a uk used white Iphone 5 . where are you located ?
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
sweetguy10:

Thanks for the info man , I need a uk used white Iphone 5 . where are you located ?

I don't av for now. But u can check my signature for my contacts
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by brownlord: 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
tumababa:

Thnks id gv it a try as soon as i subscribe my modem
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by CzarChris(m): 11:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
Rejoice5000: Why the info@ post are u a iphone snatcher
Too many kids on NL. SMH
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 26, 2013
Just a tracking feature! Every smartphone has it! Best advice is Buy new phones!

Because if you come steal my phone. Better not switch it on...orelse, I will be knocking on your door with the police next morning tongue

1 Like

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by tope3x(m): 2:46am On Oct 26, 2013
It also works on Samsung via www.findmymobile.samsung.com where u can put a security on it,and even put a text on it online while the phone is stolen and much more..I think its more secure on samsung than iPhone
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by shawn5ng(m): 4:41am On Oct 26, 2013
write2obi: Thanks @Op for this info, i want to buy an iphone4 or 4s, real soon, pls where and how much can I get a uk used once? Am in lagos?

Secondly how do i know if the phone is running ios5, ios6 or ios7

Finally those the above info also apply to ios5 and ios6?
a

I can sell one for u. Call me 07043721418
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Stanley08(m): 4:48am On Oct 26, 2013
Good thread OP! But this is the 21st century, who cares about iPhones?
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Vincent41(m): 5:45am On Oct 26, 2013

So be careful.

nonsese...nokia for me is the best fone ever
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by emmabest2000(m): 6:07am On Oct 26, 2013
Lilimax: Good information though smiley
Good info indeed grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone / Nigerian Twitter Users Blasts MTN / 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.