Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:34 PM

"Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" (9332 Views)

Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Why Is Christianity So Hated And Persecuted Is It Because It's "conversion Theory" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Emusan(m): 11:23am On Nov 19, 2013
RoyPain:
Quran, the final guidance. If you miss its message an refuse to follow it, you will have yourself to blame when the soul is being called back to its Creator, leaving your body lifelss for others to assist you to the grave or the crematorium. The choice is yours and The Justice belong to God.

I saw this and it was like waoooo, Muhammad who doesn't know how to bail himself out was so confused about Jesus Christ and Christianity.
*He condemned Christian for associated Son with Allah
*He said Allah has prepared hell for those who says Allah has begotten.

Yet he went ahead and say Garden has been prepared for those who associate Son with Allah.

Sura 5:119-122 "119. And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst say unto men, 'Worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, Thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden."
120. "Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things."
121. "If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servants: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise."
[size=15pt]122. Allah will say: "This is a day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: Theirs are the Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath, --their eternal home": Allah well-pleased with them, and they with Allah: That is the great Salvation, (the fulfillment of all desires).[/size]

The last verse '122' even said THEIR TRUTHFUL will profit the truth.
These verses also proclaim Jesus an Advocate 1 John 2:1 wink and that followin Him is a great SALVATION thank God for the salvation through Jesus Christ...so it is left to you Muslims to chose either way you want....

I know you and your people will never pay attention to this but focus on other thing. cheesy

Jesus Christ is Lord to glory of the Father! Amen
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
When we read Acts 4-6 and especially (Acts 4:12) We will discover that man has created many gods and different religions, but God Himself has provided only one way to everlasting life.

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
@Emusan;
The last verse '122' even said THEIR TRUTHFUL will profit the truth.

and you concluded that the 'THEIR" in Quran 5 verse 122 is talking about Christians, to include you? How terrible you read and think you understand!

The their is talking first about prophets and those that truly follow them, excluding the pretenders that are not really followers because they are deviation.

Neither you as you are now now anyone with your faith is among the "THEIR".

Read again what God queried Jesus [AS] about {faulty beliefs of both protestants and catholic, etc].

Read the response of Jesus [AS] to his Lord {SWT} [in a simple and direct phrase; i do not know them in their new Pauline faith].
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Emusan(m): 7:19am On Nov 20, 2013
RoyPCain:
Neither you as you are now now anyone with your faith is among the "THEIR".

God forbid to be among the THEIRS I only want to show you the blunder of Muhammad.

Now you said Allah is talking to Prophets hmmm
Did Allah respond to Isa's statement or not?
That is why I my quote starts from where the coverasation begins. Typical fellow, you will misunderstood the Word of God and also misunderstood your own Holybook. SHM

Shalom!
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
@emusan: i hope you know the difference between taking about and talking to? Talking about prophets and their true followers who did not deviate to something else while they still claim from their lips that they are followers. this group [all muslims] is the "THEIR".

Jesus and his disciples are in the "THEIR". it is true that you are not in the "THEIR". this is because you are in the other column; in your specific case, Pauline doctrine of deviation to include elevating son of man to God it is a sinful thing to do. an abomination, indeed.

Allah quarried Jesus [AS] in the assembly of man, jinn, etc. Allah knows Jesus response as Allah put it there for us to read now, so that we may reflect now and change our way of deviation to guidance. The conversation is on the Day of Judgment and Allah has shown Mercy to give us a leg up on that Day.

Jesus [AS] will respond as stated. Allah will then say those who have been "truthful" on earth based on their assigned responsibilities; Prophet preaching and guiding community he is sent to for the obedience of God in worship. we that are not prophets, but got the message and follow the unadulterated message are gonna be with the prophets, InshaAllah.

those idolaters, statue worshipers, followers of adulterated message in spite of receiving warning from Muslims of his time are those who shall end up with the evil one [Shaytan] because of their desire to follow idolatry [different forms including making man God].

read again, emusan.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
@those of you living in the west but acting as if you are in age of ignorance [it must be that this is the state of your heart], emusan; watch this tape. i respond to you after you have watched it.

http://www.islamicity.com/ISLAMITV/?ref=13381
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Emusan(m): 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
@RoyPCain
No time to reply your epistle above just a simple question,

Did Allah respond to Jesus' statement or not?

When quoting from Bible you will twist it to suit your fallacious claim, now you're twisting your own book SHM

Thanks for your video even I didn't view it.
Yes! I'm not among your Theirs because I have had personal encounter with Jesus....so it left for you to find Him too. You can still do it by simply confess your sin and take Him as a personal Lord and Saviour. He will reveal Himself to you, to show you that He is truly the saviour of this world.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
^ Jesus has not been questioned, yet. The episode is a future [Day of Judgment event] matter told to the prophet [SA] over 1,400 years [time of wahi [revelation of the Quran]], ago. Your encounter with Jesus is not with Jesus son of Mary [AS]. Shaytan has deceived you. I am warning you to make a reverse, less you end up terrible without an end to the terrifying condition.

Jesus [AS] is going to answer, exactly as Allah said. Allah shall confirm as He has stated after the statement of Jesus that which he has been programmed.

If you don't get it, blame your language tutors; both english and edo.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
Fighting over imaginary friends!
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
^; Jesus was a man, a son of his mother, messenger and prophet [AS] of his Lord, Allah Who has no partner and nothing similar to Him. this is reality. Neither my prophet Jesus [AS] nor our Lord Allah [SWT] Who sent Jesus is 'imaginary' friend. I accept each in the position each occupies in my life, my religion, my way of success. Amin.

i see you are an atheist, believing only in your arrogance; knowledge.

Seyyidina Ali ibn Abi Talib [RA] said when he is unable to do everything, every time, it reinforces That Allah exist [The One Who is not deficient in anything, complete and unique in every respect. His Power is limitless. It is His, not given to Him. Its not compared and no one can rival Him]. if you are not getting old and seeing weakness in you, you are at least no longer the infant that used to get your strength from 'mommy's milk. You will soon see gray and then you will be growing older, declining and your arrogance will desert you.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
RoyPCain:

^; Jesus was a man, a son of his mother, messenger and prophet [AS] of his Lord, Allah Who has no partner and nothing similar to Him. this is reality. Neither my prophet Jesus [AS] nor our Lord Allah [SWT] Who sent Jesus is 'imaginary' friend. I accept each in the position each occupies in my life, my religion, my way of success. Amin.

i see you are an atheist, believing only in your arrogance; knowledge.

Seyyidina Ali ibn Abi Talib [RA] said when he is unable to do everything, every time, it reinforces That Allah exist [The One Who is not deficient in anything, complete and unique in every respect. His Power is limitless. It is His, not given to Him. Its not compared and no one can rival Him]. if you are not getting old and seeing weakness in you, you are at least no longer the infant that used to get your strength from 'mommy's milk. You will soon see gray and then you will be growing older, declining and your arrogance will desert you.

If you don't understand this testimony get someone to interprete:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUm7zFshaBE
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
Someone Said: "Are you scared to publicly say that Islam is of Satan, Muhammad is a false prophet, and Allah is not God--Islam is a false religion and it is your personal aim to wipe out Islam."

It's not the aim of Christians to wipe out Islam or any other religion. We want every Muslim to make it to Heaven, and we therefore lovingly share the gospel with them. They need not try and earn everlasting life by their own religious efforts. The one and only Creator offers it as a free gift. This is a universal offer to the entire human race, no matter what religion people belong to. If they repent and trust alone in Jesus, He will grant them salvation as a free gift. See www.needGod.com for further details.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
Suratul Naba is orikesan ese karun? this is the most blatant lies of all.

Surah Naba is Chapter 78 [The Tidings]. And verse 5 is
Then, no! They are going to know.

This is only one place in the Quran that people say amin, in or our of Salat; the end of Surah Fatiha
The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, not of those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray.
. Surah Fatiha is Chapter 1 [The Opener]. And verse 7 is what i already quoted, the very verse that ends the very Chapter. A chapter that is considered a prayer demand that God answered by the rest of the Quran [from chapters 2 through 114]; consisting of how to navigate life providing examples of good and bad; the one to engage in [good], the one avoid [evil], examples of doers of good [prophets and their true followers], examples of doers of evil [shaytan, and his followers among men; pharaoh, pagans, pretenders thinking they are following prophets, non muslim jinns, etc].

Can somebody with better hearing tells me what chapter and verse the new idolater is telling us on the youtube that muslims say amin to after it is recited apart from The end of Surah Fatiha? Some people to say amin to end of surah Baqarah [Chapter 2]. Naba is neither baqarah nor fatiha. There are many nairalanders who read the Quran in arabic. the information age has made things easy to research and know the truth. If you live in the village, you can harvest information that is just posted in London. If you live in London, you have killed the spirit of knowledge if you didn't verify the information that came to you on this weak video. Maybe it is deception of the heart that let people remain blind to truth; a consistent commodity. it is lie that you have to adjust.

Neither the liar on the youtube nor the one presenting the youtube will enter paradise if death reaches him in the state of belief that he is on, now.

1. Al-Fatihah
2. Al-Baqarah
3. 'Ali `Imran
4. An-Nisa'
5. Al-Ma'idah
6. Al-'An`am
7. Al-'A`raf
8. Al-'Anfal
9. At-Tawbah
10. Yunus
11. Hud
12. Yusuf
13. Ar-Ra`d
14. 'Ibrahim
15. Al-Hijr
16. An-Nahl
17. Al-'Isra'
18. Al-Kahf
19. Maryam
20. Taha
21. Al-'Anbya'
22. Al-Haj
23. Al-Mu'minun
24. An-Nur
25. Al-Furqan
26. Ash-Shu`ara'
27. An-Naml
28. Al-Qasas
29. Al-`Ankabut
30. Ar-Rum
31. Luqman
32. As-Sajdah
33. Al-'Ahzab
34. Saba'
35. Fatir
36. Ya-Sin
37. As-Saffat
38. Sad
39. Az-Zumar
40. Ghafir
41. Fussilat
42. Ash-Shuraa
43. Az-Zukhruf
44. Ad-Dukhan
45. Al-Jathiyah
46. Al-'Ahqaf
47. Muhammad
48. Al-Fath
49. Al-Hujurat
50. Qaf
51. Adh-Dhariyat
52. At-Tur
53. An-Najm
54. Al-Qamar
55. Ar-Rahman
56. Al-Waqi`ah
57. Al-Hadid
58. Al-Mujadila
59. Al-Hashr
60. Al-Mumtahanah
61. As-Saf
62. Al-Jumu`ah
63. Al-Munafiqun
64. At-Taghabun
65. At-Talaq
66. At-Tahrim
67. Al-Mulk
68. Al-Qalam
69. Al-Haqqah
70. Al-Ma`arij
71. Nuh
72. Al-Jinn
73. Al-Muzzammil
74. Al-Muddaththir
75. Al-Qiyamah
76. Al-'Insan
77. Al-Mursalat
78. An-Naba'
79. An-Nazi`at
80. `Abasa
81. At-Takwir
82. Al-'Infitar
83. Al-Mutaffifin
84. Al-'Inshiqaq
85. Al-Buruj
86. At-Tariq
87. Al-'A`la
88. Al-Ghashiyah
89. Al-Fajr
90. Al-Balad
91. Ash-Shams
92. Al-Layl
93. Ad-Duhaa
94. Ash-Sharh
95. At-Tin
96. Al-`Alaq
97. Al-Qadr
98. Al-Bayyinah
99. Az-Zalzalah
100. Al-`Adiyat
101. Al-Qari`ah
102. At-Takathur
103. Al-`Asr
104. Al-Humazah
105. Al-Fil
106. Quraysh
107. Al-Ma`un
108. Al-Kawthar
109. Al-Kafirun
110. An-Nasr
111. Al-Masad
112. Al-'Ikhlas
113. Al-Falaq
114. An-Nas
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Emusan(m): 9:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
RoyPCain: ^ Jesus has not been questioned, yet. The episode is a future [Day of Judgment event] matter told to the prophet [SA] over 1,400 years [time of wahi [revelation of the Quran]], ago.

You think I lack basic English niii? Simple question is hard for you to answer....
did Allah respond to Jesus statement or not?

Your encounter with Jesus is not with Jesus son of Mary [AS]

Another blunder from Muhammad...He said Allah gives Mary good tiding of a Son whose name will be Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary..
ignore that messiah for now...let's talk about Jesus, son of Mary; this name was used right from inception till Jesus was took up even in Heaven.....is it that other prophets don't have mother so that their mother's name can be attached to their name?

Shaytan has deceived you. I am warning you to make a reverse, less you end up terrible without an end to the terrifying condition.

Imagine I'm deceived lollll.....I pray the light will shine on you.

Jesus [AS] is going to answer, exactly as Allah said. Allah shall confirm as He has stated after the statement of Jesus that which he has been programmed.

If you don't get it, blame your language tutors; both english and edo.

Lol....for your information the conversation btw Allah and Jesus started from verse 109 so nowhere to hide for you.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
@Emusan: by Emusan(m): 9:17pm

You think I lack basic English niii? Simple question is hard for you to answer....
did Allah respond to Jesus statement or not?
Allah asked Jesus question. Jesus [AS] responded. So far this is the sequence. The Questioner [Allah] is the Lord of the ne questioned [Jesus [AS]] Allah responded by statement after Jesus answered the question. I said this in a more complex, yet direct matter, before.

Another blunder from Muhammad...He said Allah gives Mary good tiding of a Son whose name will be Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary..
ignore that messiah for now...let's talk about Jesus, son of Mary; this name was used right from inception till Jesus was took up even in Heaven.....is it that other prophets don't have mother so that their mother's name can be attached to their name?
so a son of his mother should be always son of God just because the miracle of God about his birth is that there is no male?

how is Eve who had no mother, at best a father if there is any; Adam or we can say Adam is the mother. But as she was the wife of Adam, what was she called, Eve the daughter of father Adam or mother Adam or parent Adam, or she should not have any because she didn't truly have any? How about Adam [AS], using your logic, if you are not satisfied with Jesus being called his mother's son? I want to know how you classify Adam [AS] or Eve and wasn't Jesus [AS] son of Adam [AS] since Jesus was son of those men in his genealogy where each of them was son of Adam, Eve as well?

Imagine I'm deceived lollll.....I pray the light will shine on you.
Amin. He has led me to Islam. I ask Him to lead you to it. Amin.

there is no yes or not here because your question is not the reality of the future event. If you have said "did Allah count Jesus [AS] as a person whose truth will benefit him?". i would have said Yes. Allah is the master. Jesus is the servant.

Lol....for your information the conversation btw Allah and Jesus started from verse 109 so nowhere to hide for you.
Allah made statements. Then questioned Jesus [AS]. Jesus answered. Allah made affirmation. Is this conversation or a Master talking and allowing a servant to clear his name?
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
i am so sad for the son of ajagbe mokeferi because of his lies; where in makka, whether in hajj or not do people 'lick' anything, teach anyone to antagonize christianity or ogun owo, etc? this man used to work with jinn which is the reason he performed all those evil things. he was never a muslim and jinns are liars. no wonder Allah made him leave islam. his evil led him out of goodness. i am wondering where he got 'ediye' in Quran. how is this foolish man saying 'eron ileya' is evil? its not islamic to 'mu' Quran.

well. Allah is in charge. he lied; surah Jibirilu?

Lanatullahi alalkafirin. these were the people that are 'teyepe'; all evil.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by BigDogKMc: 2:17am On Nov 22, 2013
With An open Mind, View this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9lIuUjPs0
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 22, 2013
Jay Smith is a dummy who Dr. Shabir Aly ran circle around and roped him like id animal.

its not the big voice. it is the substance.

And even though i didn't watch the ajagbe mokeferi's son video to the end, the theme of his conversion is definitely that he was worshiping Jinn [Shaytan] when people thought he was a muslim. I know that all that he dabbled in, Islam forbids each of them. I can certain say he was a hypocrite who is now a complete disbeliever.

Whoever wants to practice Islam will look to Muhammad [SA] foremost, less his companions [RA], lesser the followers of the companions {Ra], even less the followers of those that followed the companions [ra]. then the true scholarship and believers in past generations and your time. You dont follow hypocrites and those who say they worship Allah, yet commune with jinn and their evil ways.

if any want to practice Christianity, they dont follow Jesus who was not a christian. but they borrow his title for a religion and follow Paul, instead. Go with Paul and find out your end. it will be the same with those who follow jinn and the evil ways of jinn.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02am On Nov 23, 2013
Don't all religions lead to God?

Before answering this question, a word of warning is in order: Anyone who answers in the negative may well be ostracized for being narrow-minded and intolerant. That being said, my answer is, "No, not all religions lead to God, and it is incorrect and illogical to maintain that they do."

First, when you begin to examine world religions such as Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism, you will immediately recognize that they directly contradict one another. For example, Moses taught that there was only one God; Krishna believed in many gods; and Buddha was agnostic. Logically, they can all be wrong but they can't all be right.

Furthermore, the road of religion leads steeply uphill, while the road of Christianity descends downward. Put another way, Religion is fallen humanity's attempt to reach up and become acceptable to God through what we do; Christianity, on the other hand, is a divine gift based on what Christ has done. He lived the perfect life that we could never live and offers us his perfection as an absolutely free gift.

Finally, Jesus taught that there was only one way to God. "I am the way and the truth and the life," said Jesus, "No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6, emphasis added). Moreover, Jesus validated his claim through the immutable fact of his resurrection. The opinions of all other religious leaders are equally valid in that they are equally worthless. They died and are still dead. Only Jesus had the power to lay down his life and to take it up again. Thus, his opinion is infinitely more valid than theirs.

--Hank Hanegraaff | The Complete Bible Answer Book

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved" --Acts 4:12

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2013
only if cartoon is a reality. relish in your ignorance, you and the cartoon co-conspirators trying to sell a clearly damaged good. only an ignorant mind will express and therefore hope the Order of God can be illustrated with cartoon. if bug's bunny is not a reality, so is the cartoon, above.

one is forced to ask if Jesus is the only way why did he say another comforter is eminent after he leaves? shouldn't it be that the way of that 'another comforter' is the only way, now since the only way of Jesus is now plowed over to give rise to the way of the 'another comforter'? no wonder Jesus will say i do not know ye to those calling him Lord and performing miracles on the back drop of his name,

this is a snow job. there is always a doand the best shovel is the one started after the snow. the way that came after Jesus is the broad and clear and final way. the earlier ones are now a dead end in a maze.

i listed the chapters of the Quran and quoted verse 5 of Surah aN Naba the ajagbe mokeferi son cat who is now openly keferi instead of his being munafiq before. the response i got is 'silence' after the bravado of posting the video! is this the way to disproof Islam or just jaw smacking of nothingness? Supporting an argument with John where Mark, Matthew and Luke are saying no to John, proves John exaggerating or the others diminishes Jesus! The disciples that say Jesus was a prophet, a man approved by God with "miracles and wonders" also diminished Jesus. In this case John has to be the odd one out. John has exaggerated the reality and he will find Jesus saying i do not know ye. And God no pleasing with creating parting by John and those who created it with him and those who accepted it.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

No religion other than Christianity has a book like the Bible that tells us about the origin of everything and who we are, where we came from, what our problem is (sin) and what the solution to our sin problem is. No religion has a Saviour who is alive (He arose from the dead). All other religions require people to do something to work out their future - only Christianity has the solution that we can't save ourselves, only God can do it. So how can we know if other religions are not true?

If they don't agree with the Bible they are not true! There are two main tests. First, any religion that claims to be true must believe that Jesus is God! Jesus Himself told us that He and the Father are one. Many religions talk about God a lot, but if they don't believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and that He is God, and they don't believe that Jesus' death on the cross and His resurrection results in our sin being forgiven if we will receive it, then it is not the truth!

Second, is to find out if they believe that salvation is given to those who trust in Jesus. There is nothing you can do to save yourself. We could never do enough good works to get us to heaven, but Jesus did it when He died for us! Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

Paige Patterson says it as it is:

"It comes down to a question of truth. Every false religious expression is a religion of darkness. That doesn't mean there are no good things in that faith. But if Jesus is to be taken seriously when He says, 'No one comes to the Father but through Me,' every other proposal is one of darkness"
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
It is common knowledge that our origin is from the Originator. If you are an one that believes in God as the Originator, as a creation you say He is your Creator. The Bible does not have exclusivity of this truth. Even the atheist, etc believes that the "Originator" is the Source of our origin. Quran says "We created every living thing out of water".
Quran {21:30}-"and we created every living thing out of water"
Quran {24:45}-"and the God has created every animal from water"
Quran {25:54}-"it is He Who has created man from water"

Our problem is not sin, but disobedience. It is disobedience that is the father of sin. The solution to sin is obedience and submission with hope in God Who has promised Mercy and Forgiveness. The Savior is the Originator, Creator. He is the Law Giver and He sets the rules and the Only Judge. He sent Messengers and Prophets to man to guide as the rule Book Instructors, in fact as tutors because they have been Instructed what to do. They led by examples. If you follow the example of the Messenger or Prophet of your time, then you are heading to success. However, if you make up your own or follow the examples that were made up by those who didn't truly follow the Messenger or Prophet of their time, you and them are in manifest error.

Again, God does not die. Death is created by God to overcome humans so that man can begin to have his Judgment Day [Death brings mini Judgment Day. There is the man Judgment Day where all men will be gathered]. So a savior that dies is not truly a savior. You can make God out of him since death does not come to God. If anything looks that something you know, it is what it is; man looks like man. God doesn't look like man.

Faith that can't be proven is no faith. In Islam we can prove our faith in One God. He is no man or son of man. Death does not come to Him. The Everliving is not equal to once dead. The True Champion is never defeated. When you are once defeated, coming back up will not erase the blemish recorded for you as being defeated. Time does not erase time. There is work of righteousness if it is good work done for the sake of God. having a faith and no good work for the sake of God when the opportunity presents itself is having no faith in God at all.

The Quran is repletes with Faith in God and good work for His sake; Surah Asr [Chapter 103 verse 3];
Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.

The Bible consist of Jewish part and Christian part. What is ironic is that the jews see christians as being in misguidance. The christians see the jews as being in misguidance. This means both groups believing in the Bible are accusing each other is being in misguidance. The Jews take the same position as the christians. Jews say all revelations ended on Taurah, etc. So nothing of what Jesus brought matters. The christians say what the jews have is now null and void even though Jesus that they depend on says the details of laws and each of the prophets are still relevant. Jesus demonstrated this by observing them.

Christians cancelled what Jesus observed including dietary which really you are what you eat. God is not born and not circumcised. Only prophets can be circumcised. The Quran correct all of the arguments between the two groups by reminding them that way of Abraham is neither judaism nor christianity. Neither Taurah nor Injil was revealed until long after Abraham had passed. Neither Moses nor Jesus practiced any religion other than the religion practiced by the "father of faith", Abraham.

God is not a man or son of man. The bible itself if it were to be reliable in its indication of Who God is have eliminated Jesus from ever being God.

To be one in purpose is different from being one in reality. A husband and wife are one in purpose [marriage]. But they are different in reality because the official position of each is different [Husband is a banker and wife is a doctor; neither can fit the shoe of the other in their official position. Even in the family; dad is the one without mom has. mom is one that dont have what that has]. So Jesus cant be God Who sent him because Jesus can never send God. Thats the reality.

Curse is the soul that hangs on a cross/tree. What moral lesson is that for an innocent person to die and cursed for criminal jews? How can we possibly in good conscience extend this unbelievable concept to cover the whole world when Jesus said he was sent by God to only "the lost sheep of jews"? not even all the jews. but just the lost sheep [disobedient].

Moses was saved, forgiven by God. Jesus had no part in it. Moses was already forgiven before he was told that a prophet like him will be raised. To be like him is that Moses could not be saved by someone like him. A first class candidate is not academically inferior to another first class candidate. If you have faith in God and do good deeds for His pleasure in the time of Moses, you were saved. Evidence; Pharaoh who didnt have faith in God perished. If you have faith in Moses and rejected Jesus in the time of Jesus, you wouldn't have been saved because you rejected the prophet of your time. Evidence; The people who rejected Jesus, he called them disbelievers, even those who were lukewarm he called them people of little faith.

If today you have faith in Jesus and or Moses, etc but rejected Muhammad [SA], you are a disbeliever in both Moses and Jesus in addition.

John 14/6 is the antithesis of truth because the only way is relative with whichever prophet is present. The time of Jesus started when the time of Moses through John son of Zacharias ended. The time of Jesus as the only way ended when Muhammad [SA] the rasul al arabi wa al ajami came to the world [no other opinion is allowed], because it is from God Who commanded Muhammad [SA] as no previous Messenger or Prophet was commanded; "Say, 'Oh mankind, I am a prophet to all of you, from your Lord. . . .'" [Surah 7 verse 157
Say: 'O mankind, I am the Messenger of God to you all, of Him to whom belongs the kingdom of the heavens and of the earth. There is no god but He. He gives life, and makes to die. Believe then in God, and in His Messenger, the Prophet of the common folk, who believes in God and His words, and follow him; haply so you will be guided.'

making a himalayas mountain out of an ant hill will not make John 14/6 become the truth. And mr. Paige Patterson is absolutely wrong. so are those people to take his position, just as the people that conceptualized the idea from which he built his summation.

No soul will be punished for the evil committed by another soul. It is a warped concept that an innocent soul is forced or volunteered to get punished by criminals so that criminals can go free if they belief in the punishment! what kind of morality or fairness can be gotten from such an idea? God is not Unjust and He does not do unjust things. It is reasonable that the life of a good soul is preserved so that his good nature can affect evil people to change. It is reasonable just as well to eliminate the evil soul from community of believers so that they are preserved from his evil. Jesus was neither an evil soul that he be eliminated. It would have been reasonable that those evil souls in his time were eliminated so that the few good souls heard his message from God. there is no possible argument that can advance that prophet is punished for the evil of disbelievers, especially when he delivered a pure message.

no believer is ever punished for the evil of pagans he warned.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Soloter(m): 7:30am On Nov 24, 2013
nwuyag: a true open minded xtian will not support this thread. Do you think other religions dont have xplanations for what you say about them?. The same way you explain when somethings are said about the bible especially OT genocide. You just took bigotry to another new level
this forum isn't for people like you.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 24, 2013
Quran:
5;17 They have certainly disbelieved who say that Allah is Christ, the son of Mary. Say, "Then who could prevent Allah at all if He had intended to destroy Christ, the son of Mary, or his mother or everyone on the earth?" And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them. He creates what He wills, and Allah is over all things competent.

5:18 But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination.

5:19 O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger to make clear to you [the religion] after a period [of suspension] of messengers, lest you say, "There came not to us any bringer of good tidings or a warner." But there has come to you a bringer of good tidings and a warner. And Allah is over all things competent.

The last good news was brought by a warner against evil deeds. Muhammad [SA] is the bringer of that very last good news. Jesus son of Mary {AS} foretold his coming as the "Another Comforter". Harken to the statement of Jesus [AS] and obey Muhammad [SA] so that their Lord may have Mercy on you and forgive you your past sins, turning it to good deeds for your coming into Islam.

6;161 Say, "Indeed, my Lord has guided me to a straight path - a correct religion - the way of Abraham, inclining toward truth. And he was not among those who associated others with Allah ."

6:162 Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds.

6:163[b] No partner has He[/b]. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."

6:164 Say, "Is it other than Allah I should desire as a lord while He is the Lord of all things?[/b] And every soul earns not [blame] except against itself, and no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you concerning that over which you used to differ."

6:165 And it is He who has made you successors upon the earth and has raised some of you above others in degrees [of rank] that He may try you through what He has given you. [b]Indeed, your Lord is swift in penalty; but indeed, He is Forgiving and Merciful.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
Religion can't forgive sin. Jesus can. See www.needGod.com for details.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Your anti God secular humanism is just a religion that you used in replacing the belief in God. It remains a religion nonetheless. Read the conversation in the link below for more details.

http://noanswersingenesis.org.au/aig_ham_manifesto.htm

"Atheism isn't an ailment, it's the result of logical thinking and rationality." Barry Goldman

It's the exact opposite. An atheist believes the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything, or the insanity of believing that nothing is something. It's a crazy belief and the irony is that its believers believe that it's a "non-belief."

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
What distinguishes Christianity from other religions?

Christianity is unique among the religions of the world for several reasons. First, unlike other religions, Christianity is rooted in history and evidence. Jesus of Nazareth was born in Bethlehem in Judea during the reign of Caesar Augustus and was put to death by Pontius Pilate, a first-century Roman governor. The testimony of his life, death, and resurrection is validated both by credible eyewitness testimony and by credible extra-biblical evidence as well. No other religion can legitimately claim this kind of support from history and evidence.

Furthermore, of all the influential religious leaders of the world (Buddha, Moses, Zoroaster, Krishna, Lao Tzu, Muhammad, Baha’u’llah), only Jesus claimed to be God in human flesh (Mark 14:62). And this was not an empty boast. For through the historically verifiable fact of the resurrection, Christ vindicated his claim to deity (Romans 1:4; 1 Corinthians 15:3–8 ). Other religions, such as Buddhism and Islam, claim miracles in support of their faith; however, unlike Christianity, such miracles lack historical validation.

Finally, Christianity is unique in that it is a coherent belief structure. Some Christian doctrines may transcend comprehension; however, unlike the claims of other religions, they are never irrational or contradictory. Christianity is also unique in that it cogently accounts for the vast array of phenomena we encounter in everyday life: the human mind, laws of science, laws of logic, ethical norms, justice, love, meaning in life, the problem of evil and suffering, and truth. In other words, Christianity corresponds with the reality of our present condition.

"We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty" (2 Peter 1:16).
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24am On Dec 14, 2013
READ Romans 14-16 (Rom. 14:22): Man-made religion brings nothing but bondage to its adherents. In Jesus Christ, we have wonderful liberty.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jesus is my Saviour, not my religion.

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What distinguishes Christianity from other religions?

Christianity is unique among the religions of the world for several reasons. First, unlike other religions, Christianity is rooted in history and evidence. Jesus of Nazareth was born in Bethlehem in Judea during the reign of Caesar Augustus and was put to death by Pontius Pilate, a first-century Roman governor. The testimony of his life, death, and resurrection is validated both by credible eyewitness testimony and by credible extra-biblical evidence as well. No other religion can legitimately claim this kind of support from history and evidence.

Furthermore, of all the influential religious leaders of the world (Buddha, Moses, Zoroaster, Krishna, Lao Tzu, Muhammad, Baha’u’llah), only Jesus claimed to be God in human flesh (Mark 14:62). And this was not an empty boast. For through the historically verifiable fact of the resurrection, Christ vindicated his claim to deity (Romans 1:4; 1 Corinthians 15:3–8 ). Other religions, such as Buddhism and Islam, claim miracles in support of their faith; however, unlike Christianity, such miracles lack historical validation.

Finally, Christianity is unique in that it is a coherent belief structure. Some Christian doctrines may transcend comprehension; however, unlike the claims of other religions, they are never irrational or contradictory. Christianity is also unique in that it cogently accounts for the vast array of phenomena we encounter in everyday life: the human mind, laws of science, laws of logic, ethical norms, justice, love, meaning in life, the problem of evil and suffering, and truth. In other words, Christianity corresponds with the reality of our present condition.

"We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty" (2 Peter 1:16).

2 Peter 1:16
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

MOHAMMED VS CHRIST

Mohammed was the prophet of war; Christ is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6-7).

Mohammed's disciples killed for the faith; Christ's disciples were killed for their faith (Acts 12:2; 2 Tim. 4:7).

Mohammed promoted persecution against the "infidels"; Christ forgave and converted the chief persecutor (1 Tim. 1:13-15).

Mohammed was the taker of life; Christ is the giver of life (John 10:27-28).

Mohammed and his fellow warriors murdered thousands; Christ murdered none but saved many (John 12:48).

Mohammed’s method was COMPULSION; Christ’s aim was CONVERSION (Acts 3:19).

Mohammed practiced FORCE; Christ preached FAITH (John 6:29, 35).

Mohammed was a WARRIOR; Christ is a DELIVERER (Col. 1:13; 1 Thess. 1:10).

Mohammed said to the masses, "Convert or die!"; Christ said, "Believe and live!" (John 6:47; 11:25-26).

Mohammed was swift to shed blood (Rom. 3:15-17); Christ shed His own blood for the salvation of many (Eph. 1:7).

Mohammed preached "Death to the infidels!"; Christ prayed "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).
Mohammed declared a holy war (Jihad) against infidels; Christ achieved a holy victory on Calvary's cross (Col. 2:14-15) and His followers share in that victory (John 16:33).

Mohammed constrained people by conquest; Christ constrained people by love (2 Cor. 5:14).

Modern terrorists derive their inspiration from Mohammed and carry out their despicable atrocities in the name of his god; Christians derive their inspiration from the One who said, "Blessed are the peacemakers" (Matthew 5:9).

Modern day disciples of Mohammed respond to the terrorist attacks by cheering in the streets; modern day disciples of Christ are deeply grieved at past atrocities carried out by those who were "Christians" in name only (the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc.).

Many Muslims are peaceful and peace-loving because they do not strictly follow the teachings of their founder; many Christians are peaceful and peace-loving because they do strictly follow the teachings of their Founder (Rom. 12:17-21).

Mohammed called upon his servants to fight; Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world; if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight . . . but now is My kingdom not from here" (John 18:36)[/li]

Mohammed ordered death to the Jews (see A.Guillaume, The Life of Muhammad, Oxford University Press [1975], p. 369); Christ ordered that the Gospel be preached "to the Jew first" (Rom. 1:16).
The Qur'an says, "Fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them" (Qu'ran 9.5); Christ said, "Preach the Gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15).

Mohammed's mission was to conquer the world for Allah; Christ's mission was to conquer sin's penalty and power by substitutionary atonement (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 3:18).
Mohammed claimed that there was but one God, Allah; Christ claimed that He was God (John 10:30-31; John 8:58-59; John 5:18; John 14:9).

Mohammed's Tomb: OCCUPIED! Christ's tomb: EMPTY! ”
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 23, 2014
that is why we really need to face the devil.he knows after bringing up so many religions people e g athiests who are not led by the Spirit of God will find it hard to believe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Eternity? / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? / Seven Deadly Characteristics Of Sin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.