Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,119 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) - Events (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) (48180 Views)

Photos From Baba Ijebu's 80th Birthday Bash / OJUDE-OBA 2015 : Pictures And Videos Of The Press Conference / Ojude Oba Festival 2014 In Ijebu Ode..who IS Attending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by MsNas(f): 1:12am On Oct 25, 2013
shymexx:

Doing that now. I need to tell you a children's story like Slick Rick.

And since you're Ms Nas - this "cherry wine" is for you. tongue grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FXRRIzMVw8
Ewo! Na your mouth sweet soo? Oya make we relate grin grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by satellitedaisy: 1:55am On Oct 25, 2013
Even there faces is asoebi too. The same colour. Yoruba! I hail thee
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by courage89(m): 5:34am On Oct 25, 2013
isale_gan2:

And there's a demand for Ijebu state too (on sign above). I can't oppose it. There are so many Ijebu towns, I can't keep up.

Let's try and list them:

1) Ijebu-Ode
2) Ijebu-Remo
3) Ijebu- Ikorodu
4) Sagamu?
5) Ikenne?
I can't remember embarassed
6)Ijebu Imushin
7)Ijebu Ife
8 )Itele
9)Owu Ikija
10)Iwaya
12) Ijebu Igbo
13) Oru
14) Ago Iwoye

There's gotta be a hundred of them. undecided

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by dayokanu(m): 6:16am On Oct 25, 2013
Everyone dey claim big batty

Show us pictures jare
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by ashdre: 6:35am On Oct 25, 2013
funkybaby: MEHNNNN. Oam4j, you deserve a KISS for this thread oh kisskisskiss

were KWAM 1 and KSA there to perform LIVE?
Exactly,what am for looking in the pictures.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Sike(m): 6:43am On Oct 25, 2013
funkybaby:

I have heard some people claim that sagamu is not part of ijebu land? Is this true or not?
So i heard but it's not authentic jare! Cuz my late father once told me Sagamu is part of US..
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 25, 2013
I'm proudly Ijebu meeeeeeehhnn!!

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by fairygeh(f): 7:21am On Oct 25, 2013
Wow.colourful event.I must confess,we yorubas like parties gannnnn ni grin I love my owanbe people.ewo gele

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 25, 2013
After reading the posts on this thread and seeing all the pictures, all I can say is that the Ijebus have a very nice and colourful culture and the Ijebus are very proud of who they are and they are beautiful people too.

Seems almost every Yoruba on Nairaland is an Ijebu.

[size=4pt]I kind of wish I was Ijebu. Maybe I will marry an Ijebu man.[/size] lipsrsealed

Ewéso o
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by kolajoo(m): 7:53am On Oct 25, 2013
hercules07:

My guy we were busy fighting the Ilorins, the Ekiti parapos and you and Egba people at the same time, we were actually defending an Ijebu town against the combined forces of Ijebu and Egba, of course, your warriors saw sense and rebelled against the awujale. I had cause to live with an Ijebu family for years, fantastic people, but, too many landladies for Shomolu o, dem don kill their husbands finish grin
Are you from Shomolu? lol grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 8:16am On Oct 25, 2013
stillwater:

Lol. Afam abeg no make me laugh.

@pataki
My pastor and wife are Ijebu. So I can testify to the idi nla nla in the wife, lol. Unfortunately the daughter took after the dad in the idi part. Nigerian men's genes are too strong Abeg. Same thing happened to me. Flat bumbum galore from my dad's side. angry angry grin
I have the perfect remedy to shooting that yansh out. Eat ikokore and ebiripo during the day. At night time, chop a real egba man's kondo.....your yansh will sing a new song! grin

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 8:20am On Oct 25, 2013
armyofone: what are you waiting for? send your pilot over, babu dongo turenchi grin
Nice. I'm sure you like agidi and ewa, ikokore, ila alasepo, gbegiri and hot amala.

Can you prepare those meals? I am ready to put a ring on it!!!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by rotecch77(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2013
@isale-gan2
The list continue...
Ijebu water side(abigi,ibi-ade,iwopin,...,)
Ilisah
Aiyepe
Iperu
Isiwo
Ilese
Ogbere
ishara
Ipara
Osoosa (pa ogunde town)
Erunwon
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 8:39am On Oct 25, 2013
Sike: So i heard but it's not authentic jare! Cuz my late father once told me Sagamu is part of US..

My exact thoughts. They are close neighbours to Remo land. Dunno why some of them keep denying their identity. They also speak the ijebu dialect.

Reminds me of a friend that never mentions she's from ijebu. Instead, she says she's from Remo grin grin

I had to ask my mom if remo wasn't a part of ijebu land and she laughed. She said they are the most feared of the ijebu tribes sef cool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 8:42am On Oct 25, 2013
babe_online: After reading the posts on this thread and seeing all the pictures, all I can say is that the Ijebus have a very nice and colourful culture and the Ijebus are very proud of who they are and they are beautiful people too.

[size=4pt]I kind of wish I was Ijebu. Maybe I will marry an Ijebu man.[/size] lipsrsealed

Ewéso o

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. smiley

Pataki, over to you. Show her the ijebu man's love wink
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 8:46am On Oct 25, 2013
hardeyincah: scared of Ijebu babes. na al ur life saving dem go use buy aso ojude oba... BEWARE

Shattap there grin grin

Our men are not complaining. cool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by rotecch77(m): 8:59am On Oct 25, 2013
@hardeyincha
That is not a big deal..., so far there is money...they always like there wife to looks good mostly when there is owanbe
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 9:04am On Oct 25, 2013
funkybaby:

My exact thoughts. They are close neighbours to Remo land. Dunno why some of them keep denying their identity. They also speak the ijebu dialect.

Reminds me of a friend that never mentions she's from ijebu. Instead, she says she's from Remo grin grin

I had to ask my mom if remo wasn't a part of ijebu land and she laughed. She said they are the most feared of the ijebu tribes sef cool

Don't you dare joke with we Remo people! We BADT gan!!!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 9:06am On Oct 25, 2013
funkybaby:

You know me na! The Amunijoba of Ijebuland. grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by oduaboy1: 9:07am On Oct 25, 2013
babe_online: After reading the posts on this thread and seeing all the pictures, all I can say is that the Ijebus have a very nice and colourful culture and the Ijebus are very proud of who they are and they are beautiful people too.

Ewéso o
Dont worry i will show you the ijebu love
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by oduaboy1: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2013
funkybaby:

Pataki is mixed she needs a full blooded ijebu man and i fall directly into that category:p:p:p:p
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by agrovick(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2013
Proudly Ijebu, Ijebu-Igbo to be precise. Omo Ojowo Olokinne
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 25, 2013
funkybaby:

grin grin

I like hard working men.

TBH I have seen quite a number of Ijebu men who know how to work.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2013
odua boy: Dont worry i will show you the ijebu love
kiss kiss
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by hairbraiding: 10:31am On Oct 25, 2013
this is simply beautifu. and the ladies n their braid styles just so amazing.

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by BlueRoyale: 11:47am On Oct 25, 2013
Hmmm... I am so so elated to see our younger generation celebrating our Ijebu cultural heritage. We IJEBU's are so unique people in all ramifications. We are never stingy like must people tagged us, we are only Smart and Prudent in our spendings... Though we are known to always paint the city red coz we are social butterflies with class (especially our ladies) and big time spenders but when it comes to working hard for money and biz we are Doyens and Captains of industries. Ask the likes of ODUTOLA's,KUKU's,ADESANYA's,ADENUGA's,SUBOMI's the list are just far far endless... JEBUSITE is the only 9ja tribe even mentioned in d holy bible lolz! We are lovely,classy,smart,hardworking people. I love my people repping allover the world from older to younger generation... The likes of our entertainment gurus are also appreciated... The world famous duo of Keke and D1, Kwam1, Adewale Ayuba(The juju act Adewale Ayuba is from IJEBU IKENNE Late Obafemi Awolowo and Late Dr Tai Solarin hometown) also other products of IJEBU includes; the first African Nobel Laureate Prof. Wole Soyinka, African No1 Multi Award Winning Cool DJ JIMMY JATT,Dbanj,OLAMIDE A.K.A BADOO,Vector V.E.C,Durella,Weird MC and lot lot more prominent movers and shakers of our great country are IJEBU's products... name it IJEBUS are everywhere both local and international... Infact, we are everywhere in every industries. We always take the center stage be it biz,entertainment,commerce,fashion,politics etc. We are always repping our people and the Yoruba cultural heritage very well to the fullest. And to all my kinsmen and women from IJEBU-ODE I doff my hat for all'yaa guys you made me proud of my lineage and heritage. And enuff R.E.S.P.E.C.T to all my BLUEBLOOD and ROYAL families represented here too Ewee soo! From The Gbelegbuwa Ruling House(my own family royal lineage),The Anikilaiya Ruling House(our present ruling Awujale), The Fusengbuwa Ruling House and the Fidipote Ruling House... Ewe soo once again to all the Royal families represented on this thread... Yours truly is also a prince from Gbelegbuwa Royal family... Long live our king the Awujale Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona "Ogbagba II" longlive the JEBUSITEs and all YORUBAs represented all over the world! Thanks 1love peace!

4 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
babe_online:
grin grin

I like hard working men.

TBH I have seen quite a number of Ijebu men who know how to work.
Ermmmmm.....what kind of hardwork are we talking about here? cheesy
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Pataki: 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
odua boy: Pataki is mixed she needs a full blooded ijebu man and i fall directly into that category:p:p:p:p
Which Pataki is mixed? Look at this omo ile ife boy claiming to be ijebu?!
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2013

Ewéso o

Baby babe, you need to e-twerk ya batty again for the Ijebu don. tongue

Don't worry, you're already an Ijebu by virtue of being one of my e-wives. grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
Ewo! Na your mouth sweet soo? Oya make we relate grin grin

Word.

Relate and protect everything God has blessed you with like an angel with the sword.

Don't worry we need to follow Brian McKnight's guidelines on this one and take it from step 1 - 5.

We need Nasty Nas and Oochie Wally for this one. wink
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
Can anyone explain what "Idu" means in Ijebu dialect?

Heard the word is Ijebu.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by isalegan2: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
shymexx: Isale_gan2

Stop being scared of me, we're cool now.

Just don't know if you're Igbo, Fulani or Hausa.

But you're pro-black and Isale gan is a place in Lagos Island, I guess. So you might have some Awori blood flowing in ya veins. undecided

Ain't nibberdy scared of you, son! cheesy tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Man Celebrates Birthday Party At A Cemetery (Photos, Video) / They Transformed Empty Space To An Amazing Outdoor Wedding(Pics/Video) / Ghanaian Bride Wears 20 Outfits In 2 Days For Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.