Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) (48201 Views)

Photos From Baba Ijebu's 80th Birthday Bash / OJUDE-OBA 2015 : Pictures And Videos Of The Press Conference / Ojude Oba Festival 2014 In Ijebu Ode..who IS Attending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Idowuogbo(f): 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Erelu_Y: Eweso dede ewen omo Ijebu, n'ile, n'oko, n'idalw. wen ma ku, wen ma run, wen ma t'ajo gbe r'ajo. Ase. S'i ken f'ikokore mi ranse simi ni London ooo.

You can't beat the Ijebu's when it comes to partying. Mind you, Ijebu's would organise elaborate dos and cash-in from it very heavily. Their business acumen is simply second to none.
Erelu de o! How much u pay Awujale?
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

You must marry an ijebu man

Aseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by bdemix(m): 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

interesting ! cheesy

UP JOGS grin

UP JOGS...UP SCHOOL...2006 SET grin

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by courage89(m): 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

Of course...ijebu and proud cool
The Awujale is my uncle.
Are you from the anikilaya's ruling house?
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:
this was the photo album of the event last year.....
http://www.oloriolawale.com/?p=1635

chief bayo kuku, chief subomi balogun, sunny kuku(chairman eko hospital)......those are the big players. i dunno what obtains now though but the kukus always murder the others in their presentation & the horses they bring out....it's like watching lords of the ring. grin

Old money things. The Kuku's are gangster, though. I saw a picture of one Kuku chief one time and the guy had beads on, with a big gold chain, that's about 40inches long - with a crown pendant. All in Yoruba native attire. grin I was like, "Darn, this OG is about that life!!" Some of my pops' brothers are like that as well. Old men in tracksuits, new era hats and airmax 95s during winter. grin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Idowuogbo(f): 4:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

You must marry an ijebu man
Lmao! Will shall c... tongue
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
Lilimax: May be undecided

Don't let Chino and all his remix handles see that. lipsrsealed
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Idowuogbo(f): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

Aseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin
grin grin grin grin

Yeye gal
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by chamotex(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

Correct grin

Are you sure we are not related cool

Hmmm that might be a possibility o
You just might be my long lost sister. cheesy
Atikori representing wink
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

Aseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Shymexx is the man for me!! grin grin

Fixed! cool

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by chamotex(m): 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
courage89:
Are you from the anikilaya's ruling house?

Yep that's my oriki "omo Anikilaya"
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by courage89(m): 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
Im also from the ruling house..."awa omo anikilaya so ogun"
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by cashkid042(m): 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
cashkid vs boko: yea,i saw hw beautiful they ar lukin gringrin
gringrin
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by pharmow: 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx: Darn!! I wish someone can just write everything in this oriki down and break-down the complex Yoruba they used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMSkD_yAmk

@Shymexx U have given me a serious work to do.............By hearing this made my head swollen, I just have to translate part of it to the best of my ability for people that don't understand to see. I could only do translation for the first 1 min 30 secs now. I will get back to it later.

Ijebu Oriki from the youtube video

the opening song: We are going out to celebrate with the celebrant, we are going out to celebrate with the celebrant, good celebration.

The Oriki proper

Let's all go to Ijebu
Let's great them gently, let's great them well
Obanta's children how is the weather?
Ijebu the children of Alare (nickname derived from how we greet ourselves), children of Alagemo (Ijebu's deity) that bless abundantly
Ijebu has stepped beyond just a community, it has become a big region
They have expanded beyond boundary amassing wealth from both inside and outside
Children of Abulesowo (literally mean one's that makes money from cutting land)
Ijebu children are kind and generous
Ijebu ode is Ijebu
Ijebu igbo is Ijebu
Ijebu Iperu, Ishara, Sagamu all belong to Ijebu
Ikorodu at the edge of lagos, Ibefun is there that accept people
Ewesooooooooooooooooooooo (form of greeting)
I great you Ijebu children
Children of Abulesowo, Children of Alare take it gently
The Children of 16 Alagemos
The rich people of shillings (old money of pre-colonial era)
The small Ijebu is money
The big ijebu is money
Ijebu male is money
Ijebu female is money
You are the children of knowledge that intelligently and calmly engage in battle
Ijebu the children of Alare, the children of Awujale (the king)
The Children of Obanta (literally the king is outside)
The children of blessing dieties I greet U
The child that see big container to carry money
The child that spray money like spraying water
Ijebu the children that use unity to quench enemity
The one that use unity to quench enemity when talking about Ijebu where the children of the enemies start shivering
The children of blessing dieties, the owner of this house I greet you
The child that use wisdom to cover his head
The children of ijebu are good people.......

to be continued

7 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by HAVIJ: 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
Omo Ijebu ni mi o... swaggar.

Eweso

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by yetseyi(f): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
Its nice 2 know fellow Ijebunarians on NL
shymex,chamotex, eluquenson and funky. Although I really cant remember d name of the agboile I come from in Ijebu-ode. Proud 2 be an Ijebu.

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by tintingz(m): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
See our mama's idi nla nla cheesy

Owambe tinz...she's grooving!! oya komole cheesy

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
The women are a side attraction on their own.

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
heheheheheh.....see Owambe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

I love the hairdos kiss

1 Like

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:
Old money things. The Kuku's are gangster, though. I saw a picture of one Kuku chief one time and the guy had beads on, with a big gold chain, that's about 40inches long - with a crown pendant. All in Yoruba native attire. grin I was like, "Darn, this OG is about that life!!" Some of my pops' brothers are like that as well. Old men in tracksuits, new era hats and airmax 95s during winter. grin

they are OGs....
they made good use of the fact that they were the first to get in contact with the white men. they levied taxes on the others taking wares & slaves to the lagos ports so they made stacks of money.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by yetseyi(f): 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
@pharmow
I like ur interpretation, U tried ooo
Thumbs up

3 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
pharmow:

@Shymexx U have given me a serious work to do.............My hearing this my head was swelling, I just have to translate part of it for people that don't understand to see to the best of my ability. I could only do translation for the first 1 min 30 secs now. I will get back to it later.

Ijebu Oriki from the youtube video

the opening song: We are going out to celebrate with the celebrate, we are going out to celebrate with the celebrant, good celebration.

The Oriki proper

Let's all go to Ijebu
Let's great them gently, let's great them well
Obanta's children how is the weather?
Ijebu the children of Alare (nickname derived from how we greet ourselves), children of Alagemo (Ijebu's deity) that bless abundantly
Ijebu has stepped beyond just a community, it has become a big region
They have expanded beyond boundary amassing wealth from both inside and outside
Children of Abulesowo (literally mean one's that makes money from cutting land)
Ijebu children are kind and generous
Ijebu ode is Ijebu
Ijebu igbo is Ijebu
Ijebu Iperu, Ishara, Sagamu all belong to Ijebu
Ikorodu at the edge of lagos, Ibefun is there that accept people
Ewesooooooooooooooooooooo (form of greeting)
I great you Ijebu children
Children of Abulesowo, Children of Alare take it gently
The Children of 16 Alagemos
The rich people of shillings (old money of pre-colonial era)
The small Ijebu is money
The big ijebu is money
Ijebu male is money
Ijebu female is money
You are the children of knowledge that intelligently and calmly engage in battle
Ijebu the children of Alare, the children of Awujale (the king)
The Children of Obanta (literally the king is outside)
The children of blessing dieties I greet U
The child that see big container to carry money
The child that spray money like spraying water

Ijebu the children that use unity to quench enemity
The one that use unity to quench enemity when talking about Ijebu where the children of the enemies start shivering
The children of blessing dieties, the owner of this house I greet you
The child that use wisdom to cover his head
The children of ijebu are good people.......

to be continued

Thanks for that, bruddah!!

Yes, we get that money and ain't no one stopping us!!

You see, Ijebu's are very rich is all I hear all the time, hence why I'm trying to be an empire bigger than the British empire. Tryna make riches the tag of the Ijebu's on a global scale. cool

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by funkybaby(f): 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

Hmmm that might be a possibility o
You just might be my long lost sister. cheesy
Atikori representing wink

hmmmm. nothing is impossible wink

shymexx:

Fixed! cool

oh serious shymexxxx. grin

OAM4J is the man for me. kiss kiss . . . . for starting this lovely thread cool
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by lolade123: 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
This cultural heritage is beautiful,am an Ibadan boy,but God bless d Ijebu people,the Odua land,and Nigeria as a whole.
Wish to marry 1 of those beautiful ijebu chicks ,as in " ibadan loko ijebu".. wink

7 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
yetseyi: Its nice 2 know fellow Ijebunarians on NL
shymex,chamotex, eluquenson and funky. Although I really cant remember d name of the agboile I come from in Ijebu-ode. Proud 2 be an Ijebu.

Ask your parents.

I know my family names from both sides, from what they used to be called from way back.

I'm not from Ijebu Ode, though. That's Funkybaby's turf.
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by chamotex(m): 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
courage89: Im also from the ruling house..."awa omo anikilaya so ogun"

Oshheyyy...nice one

yetseyi: Its nice 2 know fellow Ijebunarians on NL

God bless you my sister

lolade123: This cultural heritage is beautiful,am an Ibadan boy,but God bless d Ijebu people,the Odua land,and Nigeria as a whole.
Wish to marry 1 of those beautiful ijebu chicks ,as in " ibadan loko ijebu".. wink

Let me help you, yetseyi or funkybaby - which one would you like? cheesy
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:
they are OGs....
they made good use of the fact that they were the first to get in contact with the white men. they levied taxes on the others taking wares & slaves to the lagos ports so they made stacks of money.

Yeah, they have been rich from way back and it seems they own the Balogun title in Ijebu ode.

Have you met any Kuku in London? There are tons of them here.

I can get you a hook-up with a kuku from around Kings cross axis. She went to Aston Uni and her ti.ts would make you go nuts. But she's a super socialite, though. All dem Ijebu chics that I've met are like that, anyway. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by yetseyi(f): 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:
Ask your parents.

I'm not from Ijebu Ode, though.

hmmm ohk I'll definately ask for specifics .funny both my parents are frm Ijebu ode
ohk U're not frm Ijebu-ode but from d other Ijebu towns?
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Afam4eva(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
We Ijebus sure know how to party. I'll be at the next Ojude-Oba festival with my camera.

2 Likes

Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by opeyemmmy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
HAVIJ: Omo Ijebu ni mi o... swaggar.

Eweso

I'm prouding! smiley
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
funkybaby:

hmmmm. nothing is impossible wink

oh serious shymexxxx. grin

OAM4J is the man for me. kiss kiss . . . . for starting this lovely thread cool

This is Ijebu bizness - don't mess up the market and mix the blood further.

Also, I need a wife from the Awujale's abode - my people have been gone for too long!!

Shymexx is tryna bring Epe back to Ijebu Ode - what say you? tongue
Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by coogar: 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
shymexx:

Yeah, they have been rich from way back and it seems they own the Balogun title in Ijebu ode.

Have you met any Kuku in London? There are tons of them here.

I can get you a hook-up with a kuku from around Kings cross axis. She went to Aston Uni and her ti.ts would make you go nuts. But she's a super socialite, though. All dem Ijebu chics that I've met are like that, anyway. grin

there are plenty of them - difficult to know who is who? it's a very big family. even the kukus don't know themselves cos there are 125th cousins down the line.

Afam4eva: We Ijebus sure know how to party. I'll be at the next Ojude-Oba festival with my camera.

see this one....
it says ijebu, not ebonyi state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

They Transformed Empty Space To An Amazing Outdoor Wedding(Pics/Video) / Man Celebrates Birthday Party At A Cemetery (Photos, Video) / Ghanaian Bride Wears 20 Outfits In 2 Days For Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.