Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! (25379 Views)

Igala Language In Anambra State. / UNBEATABLE: Abia State Has Over 1000 Traditional Rulers, Claims Obi Of Onitsha / Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by Udode(f): 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2008
Does anyone have pics of these locations. I'd love ot see them.

Thanks for sharing :-)
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by Hero(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2008
Aba was a real dump when I went there like 10 years ago. I've made the mistake of going there during one of my trips to Naija and it smelled like crap, and the trash heaps around the city were so many and so high one would mistake it for a big Urban landfill. Sewage flowed down the dirt filled streets along with putrid seepage from the garbage piles-- turning the roads into putrid smelling mud slides that folks just walk through like it was nothing. It was ludicrous, and I was pissed to see thousands of people actually living in that latrine of a city. I've heard they did a bit of reconstruction and clean up in the city since then. I hope so, because it really needed it.

Some outlying areas of the city were ok though.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by onyinye2(f): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ hero

Was Abia State the only one you went to??
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by lucabrasi(m): 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2008
not been there but i can assure u for one,u hardly see peugeot 504s or volkswagen on nigerian roads these days so im sure its changed from that,i know some south eastern state recently embarked on an operation clean up kinda programme recently but not sure which of em
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by Udode(f): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ Hero

Thanx for the pics, it does reallly look a bit messy. I have just been to Kinshasa (Kongo) and it still looks like that today. I just hope that they really did invest some time and money in cleaning up aba :-)
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by bebure(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2008
I have to agree with Hero on this one. I was driving to Calabar during my last visit to Nigeria in December 2007 and we had to pass through Aba. I was left emotionally scarred. That place looks like a dumpyard. I would struggle to believe there is a worse looking city in Nigeria or the world for that matter. Tufyakwa.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by Queenisha: 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2008
Those pictures could be of any town or city in Naija.
Nigeria makes me wanna cry.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by bebure(m): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
Queenisha:

Those pictures could be of any town or city in Naija.
Nigeria makes me want to cry.

While you make a fair point, the difference as far as I know is that other cities in Nigeria (Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja) as well as Zamfara State all have many upscale and decent looking areas. I don't know that Aba does and that makes it bad. Also, you really need to be in the Aba itself to know what it feels like being there. It was like one big freaking market.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by Hero(m): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2008
onyinye2:

@ hero

Was Abia State the only one you went to??

No, I've traveled through almost every single state in Nigeria. The ones I like best were Plateau, Taraba, Adamawa, Benue and Cross-River. They were all very beautiful and clean states, and I've heard that since that time, ten years ago, they've become even more tourist friendly. I'd love to go back to all of them. These aren't my pictures below though they give you a good idea of the beauty in which I speak of.

Taraba State

Adamawa

Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by SeanT21(f): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hero:

Aba was a real dump when I went there like 10 years ago. I've made the mistake of going there during one of my trips to Naija and it smelled like crap, and the trash heaps around the city were so many and so high one would mistake it for a big Urban landfill. Sewage flowed down the dirt filled streets along with putrid seepage from the garbage piles-- turning the roads into putrid smelling mud slides that folks just walk through like it was nothing. It was ludicrous, and I was pissed to see thousands of people actually living in that latrine of a city. I've heard they did a bit of reconstruction and clean up in the city since then. I hope so, because it really needed it.

Some outlying areas of the city were ok though.

Hero are U a nigerian?
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by Hero(m): 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2008
SeanT21:

Hero are You a nigerian?

No, I am not, though my wife is-- so I've been to Nigeria a few times to visit and I spend a decent amount of time around Nigerians; mostly Igbos though.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by SeanT21(f): 6:17pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hero:

No, I am not, though my wife is-- so I've been to Nigeria a few times to visit and I spend a decent amount of time around Nigerians; mostly Igbos though.

U have a wife? In Your Pic you look so young and innocent sweet.

I thought U were in college for a minute.

U have any kids?
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by Hero(m): 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2008
SeanT21:

You have a wife? In Your Pic you look so young and innocent sweet.

I thought You were in college for a minute.

You have any kids?

That pic was taken 2 years ago, I was 26 then. smiley I've been married for 6 years now, and we have 2 kids. A boy who's 4 and a girl who's 1.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by tpia: 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2008

hero looks young, innocent and sweet?
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by Hero(m): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2008
tpia:

hero looks young, innocent and sweet?

Hater. smiley
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by redsun(m): 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2008
What can one say?the appalling truth.Hero,i hope you are not kobojunkie with a different name?Anyway,keep it coming,you are really hitting the point,truth is bitter,but it's the way.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by redsun(m): 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2008
Moral decadence.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by redsun(m): 7:57pm On Jul 08, 2008
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by ifyalways(f): 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2008
lmao
Pictures indeed
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by SeanT21(f): 3:32am On Jul 09, 2008
Hero:

That pic was taken 2 years ago, I was 26 then. smiley I've been married for 6 years now, and we have 2 kids. A boy who's 4 and a girl who's 1.

I applaud U for that. Most Men want to be a playa. They dont wanna settle down and have a family.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by FACE(m): 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2008
Who told you that Hero is not a playa on the side ? smiley
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by SeanT21(f): 2:11am On Jul 10, 2008
FACE:

Who told you that Hero is not a playa on the side ? smiley

Ooops. Hero what is your response to that?
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by CH3COO(m): 2:15am On Jul 10, 2008
Our Liberian refugee has the hots for Hero.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by SeanT21(f): 2:21am On Jul 10, 2008
CH3COO:

Our Liberian refugee has the hots for Hero.

Please dont quit your day Job!!
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by CH3COO(m): 2:23am On Jul 10, 2008
SeanT21:

Please don't quit your day Job!!
Never raise your voice at me, not ever. Why else do you continue to stalk this ignorant piece of black shit?
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by SeanT21(f): 2:37am On Jul 10, 2008
CH3COO:

Never raise your voice at me, not ever. Why else do you continue to stalk this ignorant piece of black shit?

WTF!! U just made me laugh. Who the Bleep are U? !Bitch Please.

I was simply having a conversation with Hero and U come from nowhere with your stupid comment.

What black shit am i talking?

Go and sleep please!!U are just having one of those moments.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by CH3COO(m): 2:41am On Jul 10, 2008
Shut the fu[i]c[/i]k up you shameless little ho, and don't start a fight here. Seun will ban your meaningless ignorant ass.  If you continue to stalk Hero he will eventually Bleep you and dump you somewhere down the line.  Take it as an advise. Your Hot little ass needs to find a job. damn!
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by Ijiji1(m): 2:42am On Jul 10, 2008
A fight wow!!! shocked
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by SeanT21(f): 2:50am On Jul 10, 2008
CH3COO:

Shut the fu[i]c[/i]k up you shameless little ho, and don't start a fight here. Seun will ban your meaningless ignorant ass. If you continue to stalk Hero he will eventually Bleep you and dump you somewhere down the line. Take it as an advise. Your Hot little ass needs to find a job. damn!

U are the most ignorant bitch on Nairaland. Me and Hero are friends on the "net". I don't even know where he live or better yet his real name. Much love to Hero though.

Is Hero ya ex boyfriend or something? Did he dump U? Are U suffering from a mental disease?

I am a Ho? Fool Please step away from the computer. I have a man of my own and STOP CONFUSING ME WITH YA MOTHER!!

Go Read a Book Girl or better yet go and Check into a mental institution!!

LMBAO!!Nairaland Peeps never fails to surprise me!!
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by CH3COO(m): 3:06am On Jul 10, 2008
Lol. i can't fight, i'm on probation. seant is a little girl, fights get her panties wet.
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by rubi(f): 3:14am On Jul 10, 2008
what is the poster trying to prove?
Re: Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! by CH3COO(m): 3:18am On Jul 10, 2008
Sigh! SeanT you cursed fly on a shit.  I have yet to say anything too harsh and you're already exhibiting signs of early menopause. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salihu Tanko, Emir Of Kagara Is Dead / Ooni Ogunwusi Celebrates 1 Year On Throne. Obasanjo, Soyinka, Igbinedion Attend / Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.