Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Are Our Banks No More Reliable? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Our Banks No More Reliable? (634 Views)

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? / Who Are The People Buying Our Banks From Sanusi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Our Banks No More Reliable? by lasunray(m): 12:14am On Oct 25, 2013
Hello nairalanders, I want to know if anyone has experienced a situation whereby, you pay money into an account & the bank "refuses" to post the money.
This happened to me when I sent money to a friend from a bank in Ogun State to another branch of the same bank in Lagos State.
This has really got me upset because I kept on apologizing to the friend. At first I didn't believe it when he told me he didn't get the money, after I now travelled to Oyo state thinking he was just pulling my legs, he told me that the money hasn't gotten to his account, I now went to their other branch around UI, gave them the details of the transaction & they confirmed that it hasn't been posted, that its displaying error when they try to post it into the person's account they reluctantly apologized & told me they'd call me or the owner of the account when its done, that it would be rectified within 24 hrs. Its over 72 hrs now & nothing has been done. No call, message or anything whatsoever!
I made the payment on Friday, 17th of Oct, 2013 & today is Friday 25th of Oct 2013.

It got me asking several questions on my mind.
because they didnt even contact me (As the depositor, they ve my name, number & location) to say the money wasn't posted.
What if the account owner was stranded?
Why couldn't they contact the account owner?
These questions & other questions are just on my mind.
Bankers in house, I'm banking on you for advise on what to do, because I believe that this is NOT normal.
Re: Are Our Banks No More Reliable? by dheaven: 3:37am On Oct 25, 2013
Name the Bank so we can help adverise their excellent customer.
Re: Are Our Banks No More Reliable? by lasunray(m): 11:11am On Oct 25, 2013
Guys pls I need your responses.
Re: Are Our Banks No More Reliable? by ELff: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Nlanders, you guys complain too much over everything, and pls nobody shld quote me.. Why didn't you get the number of the person in charge to remind/call the person abt the transaction since you went back to the bank to complain? Do u think u are their only customer... U want them to kal u.... Na who de find somtin, him hand de long pass.
Re: Are Our Banks No More Reliable? by lasunray(m): 5:24am On Oct 26, 2013
@ ELff, Thanks for your contribution. I believe when a service is not rendered appropriately one should look for ways or ask for possible solutions.
just imagine someone sending money to you & the bank says it can't be posted for one week, how will you feel?

(1) (Reply)

Female Bracelet Wrist Watches For Sale + Heartshaped Jewelry Flash Drive / Fire Guts Mile 1 Market? / How Can I Create New Topic In Business Section Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.