Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? (3273 Views)

My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / Nicki Minaj Confessed She Is Possessed With A Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by mrtnt: 3:16am On Oct 25, 2013
Pls help. A 10-yr old girl stays wt me for abt 5 months now & is fond of having regular terrible dreams like seeing self coming out of tree, sitting on top of a tree, being pursued by snakes, hunted by half-bodied beings, being taken by birds 2 unknown destinations 4 meetings she wouldn't be allowed 2 make input, etc.

In addition 2 these, in d middle of d nite, u'll see her suddenly awake out of sleep moving frm living room 2 kitchen or elsewhere 'unconsciously' & later return 2 sleep. When asked if she knows she does all these during her sleep, she says no.

I can't really notice any other 'physical' signs of witchcraft apart frm d fact dat she always sleeps wt her leg crossed: no matter hw u try 2 separate it, afta a few minutes d leg is crossed again.

Not so comfortable abt dis, I asked my wife 2 let us send her parking bt she's always not cooperating: basing it on d fact dat she (my wife) needs assistance at home 4 d chores.

I don't really want 2 b over-assuming. Pls could these dreams b enough indications dat dis girl is possessed of witchcraft or she is just a prospective member or just being witch-hunted?

What are d implications of continue living wt dis girl?

Serious, matured & candid advice pls.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 25, 2013
If she is ur daughter wil u send her parking? Take her to church for deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 25, 2013
Take her to ur pastor for deliverance.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by santakris(m): 6:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Take her to real pastor for deliverance.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 25, 2013
NB: This isn't an expert advice.

mrtnt:
Pls help. A 10-yr old girl stays wt me for abt 5 months now & is fond of having regular terrible dreams like seeing self coming out of tree, sitting on top of a tree, being pursued by snakes, hunted by half-bodied beings, being taken by birds 2 unknown destinations 4 meetings she wouldn't be allowed 2 make input, etc.
She's quite young and these might be just be the effects of watching to many Nollywood movies. It's a phase that she'll pass through.

mrtnt:
In addition 2 these, in d middle of d nite, u'll see her suddenly awake out of sleep moving frm living room 2 kitchen or elsewhere 'unconsciously' & later return 2 sleep. When asked if she knows she does all these during her sleep, she says no.
Sleepwalking. Nothing strange about this. When my late sister was young, she once woke up, went to the kitchen and peed in our oven. She couldn't recollect the incident the next day.

mrtnt:
I can't really notice any other 'physical' signs of witchcraft apart frm d fact dat she always sleeps wt her leg crossed: no matter hw u try 2 separate it, afta a few minutes d leg is crossed again.
This is just stretching it. It could be she's more comfortable in that position. And why would witches sleep with crossed legs? This is just superstition.

mrtnt:
Not so comfortable abt dis, I asked my wife 2 let us send her parking bt she's always not cooperating: basing it on d fact dat she (my wife) needs assistance at home 4 d chores.
At this rate, it would be better for the girl if you send her parking. I'm glad your wife doesn't sound as superstitious as you do. Do not start taking her at such young age to pastors that would mess up her mind with stories about being possessed and who will probably end up labelling her a witch. I sincerely ask that you just be patient enough and watch her pass through this phase. I completely understand your fears, but I assure you that a trip to tany pastor for deliverance will only complicate issues further.

I guess this should answer the rest of your questions. I plead with you in the name of the God you serve: stay away from pastors that will claim they can deliver her. There's absolutely nothing wrong with her. It's just a sign of her infancy.

And abeg, remove those Nollywood films wey dey your house.

1 Like

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by kambo(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2013
Help her instead of gettg rid of her
. Treat her like u wud or wudve liked ur daughter 2 b treated.
Apart from d strange behaviours, is she a problem at all (heady,stubborn,recalcitrant)?
2.) pray and do ur homewrk b4 bringg sm1 into ur house .
Not after. This behaviour cud v been happeng b4 she came to u bt u failed to inquire . U just wanted ready labour.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bump.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Ishilove: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Investigate her history and thereafter take her to MFM Prayer City for deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by mrtnt: 10:15am On Oct 26, 2013
I really thk u all 4 ur matured responses.

Ishilove: Investigate her history ....

In her words, 'since d day I ate yam wt xyz (her neighbourhood friend) I started noticing two birds coming 2 carry me at nite 4 meetng...'

When contacted d father, he claimed 2 hv knowledge of dis & has nt really done any major thng abt it. I never knew abt all dis b4 making my assertns.

D truth now is I'm nt too sound in health now 2 embark on all d suggested tips above & dat is why I'm actually of d opinion 2 send her packing 4 now.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by PastorOluT(m): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
Whatever u intend doing do fast, this is clear evidence that she is possessed.

From what u've said so far u need a more spiritually matured person to intervene before its too late, or u send her back which I will not advice anyways bt 'cos I want u to do something fast.

The bible says we are not ignorant of the wiles of the devil lest we be disadvantaged, if u dont want to be constantly disadvantaged spiritually then u gatto to act fast. I will not say u take her to one particular church, if ur present church is less spiritually equipped to handle this, I would say u even have a greater problem n should do a spiritual overhauling of ur family!

2 Likes

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by texanomaly(f): 5:02am On Oct 27, 2013
mrtnt: Pls help. A 10-yr old girl stays wt me for abt 5 months now & is fond of having regular terrible dreams like seeing self coming out of tree, sitting on top of a tree, being pursued by snakes, hunted by half-bodied beings, being taken by birds 2 unknown destinations 4 meetings she wouldn't be allowed 2 make input, etc.

I don't really want 2 b over-assuming. Pls could these dreams b enough indications dat dis girl is possessed of witchcraft or she is just a prospective member or just being witch-hunted?

What are d implications of continue living wt dis girl?

Serious, matured & candid advice pls.

This person is the only one who is making sense here. He is the only one who has this child's best interest at heart.

Are you people serious? You think a child is possessed because she has bad dream, and sleepwalks?

aManFromMars makes a good argument. I will take it further. Has it occurred to anyone that this child may have been physically abused, or heaven forbid, molested? If this is the case, you now what to tramatize her more with an exorcism?

I pray God has mercy on this child and saves her from likes of you people.

1 Like

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Rawpidgin(m): 6:32am On Oct 27, 2013
texanomaly:

This person is the only one who is making sense here. He is the only one who has this child's best interest at heart.

Are you people serious? You think a child is possessed because she has bad dream, and sleepwalks?

aManFromMars makes a good argument. I will take it further. Has it occurred to anyone that this child may have been physically abused, or heaven forbid, molested? If this is the case, you now what to tramatize her more with an exorcism?

I pray God has mercy on this child and saves her from likes you people.
Stop being ignorant my dear, even after all wat the OP has explained u still thinking the child is not possess? please!

2 Likes

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by texanomaly(f): 6:51am On Oct 27, 2013
Rawpidgin: Stop being ignorant my dear, even after all wat the OP has explained u still thinking the child is not possess? please!

I tell you what, I'll stop when you are no longer an archaic horse a.as "my dear".

I read what he wrote. Did you? Seriously? You got "Exorcist" from that? Lord have mercy on us all.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by MrTroll(m): 6:56am On Oct 27, 2013
texanomaly:

I tell you what, I'll stop when you are no longer an archaic horse a.as "my dear".

I read what he wrote. Did you? Seriously? You got "Exorcist" from that? Lord have mercy on us all.

Welcome to Nigeria. . .
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by MaziOmenuko: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2013
Its possible nothing is wrong with the little girl; its possible she's acting out her infancy age. The subconscious is filled with stuffs we feed it from the physical: so it could be movies she watched, stories she heard or just plain imaginations.

Whatever the case is, I wouldn't recommend sending her packing, neither will it be ideal to take her to church for deliverance. These two are extreme measures and should only come into play when you've tried out other mild measures.

I will recommend that you ensure the girl partakes in your family's night devotion. Give her bible verses to read and pray for her everynight. She's your ward and under your care, so you should exercise a spiritual authority over her.

Experiences with prayer houses could get that child traumatized for life.

1 Like

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by texanomaly(f): 7:08am On Oct 27, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Its possible nothing is wrong with the little girl; its possible she's acting out her infancy age. The subconscious is filled with stuffs we feed it from the physical: so it could be movies she watched, stories she heard or just plain imaginations.

Whatever the case is, I wouldn't recommend sending her packing, neither will it be ideal to take her to church for deliverance. These two are extreme measures and should only come into play when you've tried out other mild measures.

I will recommend that you ensure the girl partakes in your family's night devotion. Give her bible verses to read and pray for her everynight. She's your ward and under your care, so you should exercise a spiritual authority over her.

Thank God!!! A sane person. This is the advise of a wise person. Please take it. Please.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 27, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Its possible nothing is wrong with the little girl; its possible she's acting out her infancy age. The subconscious is filled with stuffs we feed it from the physical: so it could be movies she watched, stories she heard or just plain imaginations.

End of story.

@OP: na your hand e dey nw. Your choice.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by PastorOluT(m): 7:47am On Oct 27, 2013
texanomaly:

Thank God!!! A sane person. This is the advise of a wise person. Please take it. Please.
Anyways we cant rule out other possibilities, but I have a question for u, have ever encounter/experience one who was possessed before?

Secondly what is ur understanding about spiritual forces?

1 Like

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2013
Someone once told me that; if you want to determine whether a person is a witch or wizard, turn their head(s) upside down while they re fast asleep. And try to watch em as they wake up. If they find it difficult to wake, definitely, they belong to the witchcraft realm.

Sounds like a fairytale to me though.

I'll suggest you take her out to an eatery and try to scoop out some infos from her, as to why those things are happening.

What they usually discuss in their meetings.

Who she sees regularly in her dreams and the meetings.

Finally, I think deliverance should be ur best shot for now.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by texanomaly(f): 8:15am On Oct 27, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Anyways we cant rule out other possibilities, but I have a question for u, have ever encounter/experience one who was possessed before?

Secondly what is ur understanding about spiritual forces?

No I have not encountered such. I do, however, believe possession happens. I am not naive to the power of satan, and his minions. I have felt the presence of evil before. I am not opposed to exorcism per se. I just do not believe this child is possessed. These characteristics are not proof enough to put the child through such an ordeal.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by PastorOluT(m): 8:25am On Oct 27, 2013
texanomaly:

No I have not encountered such. I do, however, believe possession happens. I am not naive to the power of satan, and his minions. I have felt the presence of evil before. I am not opposed to exorcism per se. I just do not believe this child is possessed. These characteristics are not proof enough to put the child through such an ordeal.

Just as I said earlier on, there are possibilities, u saying she ain't posses 'cos this isn't enough proof is ur opinion. The truth is that possessed people exhibit such so we cant rule that out, n it will do well to act fast.

Just like the symptoms of AIDS, one can have all the symptoms n yet not have AIDS, bt the most reasonable thing to do is go for check up. Though d little lad might not be possessed bt it will do well to take serious measures, like taking her to a more spiritually inclined or matured person. And remember he said he is weak physically for God knows why, and I perceived he is also weak spiritually. So obviously he need help
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 27, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
person. And remember he said he is weak physically for God knows why, and I perceived he is also weak spiritually. So obviously he need help
I've been waiting for this.

Now, you're going to blame the little girl for his illness? What sort of nonsense is this?

I give up.

Do what you want with the little girl. It's all up to you.

Boko Haram's hiring youngsters in the North in the name of Allah. Yahweh's is labelling the kids in the South witches. Make una dey mumu dey go.

I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by MrTroll(m): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2013
I blame GEJ for all this.angry
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 27, 2013
@OP
Somnipathy also known as sleep disorders in children/adult - these are problems with sleeping, including trouble falling or staying asleep, falling asleep at the wrong times, too much sleep, or abnormal behaviors during sleep which are serious enough to interfere with normal physical, mental and emotional functioning of the victim person. like Mazi_Omenuko already said she might be holding a terrifying mental image of a movie, event, witchcraft story from her village(the place you brought her from)
these terrifying mental images during sleep cause the subconscious mind to experience what medical scientists call Pavor nocturnus, a sleep terror disorder that abrupts awakening from sleep with behavior consistent with terror or dread, body movements, rapid eye movement etc.
My advice -
1. i suggest you do more research on the above explanation and seek a medial solution
2. helping the little girl experience more social fun with other kids during the day to somewhat change the mental images that comes with her from the village.
3. prohibit her from watching all these pentecostal-minion-perverted-nollywood-movies that are filled with witchcraft, holyghostfire, thunder fire, occultic power fire etc and has nothing educative for kids

Finally praying for her or taking her to a pastor to pray and counsel her is not a bad idea but, I am sure even pastors, bishops etc experience sleep disorder too, though they call it attack . if you must go religious avoid deliverance at all cost like many said here, this is naija.... end time pastors thingz undecided, just take her to the place you worship and let a simple prayer and counselling do the job.

happy weekend to all,

Joe.

8 Likes

Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Dr. Joe:
@OP
Somnipathy also known as sleep disorders in children/adult - these are problems with sleeping, including trouble falling or staying asleep, falling asleep at the wrong times, too much sleep, or abnormal behaviors during sleep which are serious enough to interfere with normal physical, mental and emotional functioning of the victim person. like Mazi_Omenuko already said she might be holding a terrifying mental image of a movie, event, witchcraft story from her village(the place you brought her from)
these terrifying mental images during sleep cause the subconscious mind to experience what scientists call Pavor nocturnus, a sleep terror disorder that abrupts awakening from sleep with behavior consistent with terror or dread, body movements, rapid eye movement etc.
My advice -
1. i suggest you do more research on the above explanation and seek a medial solution
2. helping the little girl experience more social fun during the day to somewhat change the mental images that comes with her from the village.
3. prohibit her from watching all these pentecostal-minion-perverted-nollywood-movies that are filled with witchcraft, holyghostfire, thunder fire, occultic power fire etc and has nothing educative for kids

Finally praying for her or taking her to a pastor to pray and counsel her is not a bad idea but, I am sure even pastors, bishops etc experience sleep disorder too, though they call it attack . if you must go religious avoid deliverance at all cost like many said here, this is naija.... end time pastors thingz undecided, just take her to the place you worship and let a simple prayer and counselling do the job.

happy weekend to all,

Joe.

insightful.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Ishilove: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2013
texanomaly:

E be lyk sey you nefa jam African demon before grin
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by naijathings(m): 11:12am On Oct 27, 2013
Strolling in...... whistling....
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by Ishilove: 11:15am On Oct 27, 2013
naijathings: Strolling in...... whistling....
You need deliverance tongue grin
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by MrTroll(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2013
Ishilove:
E be lyk sey you nefa jam African demon before grin
More like african foolishness. . . And illiteracy despite university education.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by naijathings(m): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2013
All these dreams and sleepwalking?
for bad dreams.... Hang a bunch of garlic on her doorpost OR put garlic in a white handkerchief and tie it on the head of her bed
for sleepwalking.. sprinkle salt on her feet and on the floor on the position where her feet is facing when she sleeps.

pray a very violent prayer,PRAY HARD and curse demons in your surroundings to LEAVE, challenge their authority and be very fierce about it because negative forces might want to worry your home when they see you are trying to evict them.
Do not show any fear.
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by PastorOluT(m): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
aManFromMars:
I've been waiting for this.

Now, you're going to blame the little girl for his illness? What sort of nonsense is this?

I give up.

Do what you want with the little girl. It's all up to you.

Boko Haram's hiring youngsters in the North in the name of Allah. Yahweh's is labelling the kids in the South witches. Make una dey mumu dey go.

I'm out.

Smiles, U guys always claim to be intelligent but Ur posts always betray u. So this is what u can deduce from my ostensibly that d girl is the cause?
Re: Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? by PastorOluT(m): 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mr Troll: More like african foolishness. . . And illiteracy despite university education.

So there are no demons?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheist Are Worse Than Satanist / SERMON Jotters:the Nigerian Christian - Born Into Spiritual Dimness / Christian Life Is Very Difficult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.