Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,346 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Late Penalties Are A Delight, Says Cisse - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Late Penalties Are A Delight, Says Cisse (407 Views)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City:CapitalOneCup Final 1 - 3 On Penalties On 28/02/16 / Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Spain (2 - 4) On Penalties On 27th June 2012 / Euro 2012: England Vs Italy (2 - 4) On penalties On 24th June 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Late Penalties Are A Delight, Says Cisse by sweetiePe(f): 4:23am On Oct 25, 2013

Kuban Krasnodar star Djibril Cisse says he thrives in high-pressure situations after his late penalty secured a 1-1 draw against Swansea City.

The former France striker earned his side a point with an injury-time penalty in the Group A clash, cancelling out Michu's 68th-minute strike at the Liberty Stadium.

However, he insists that he did not feel any pressure in the build-up to the spot kick, despite how much was riding on it.

"It's a delight for strikers. Sometimes you have one chance and you have to score," Cisse told ITV.

"Even if it is in the 95th minute, you have to score. That's your job. I didn't feel the pressure, I just had to put the ball in the net.

"We don't have big names in the team but we played some really good football. We showed that tonight. We are going to back home with one point and we are not going to do a five-hour flight for nothing."

Despite the dramatic draw, Kuban sit bottom of the group and the former Liverpool striker called upon his team-mates to boost their chances of making the last 32 with a win in the return fixture in two weeks' time.

"They are going to have a really difficult game when they come to Russia," he continued.

"We are back in the game and we know if we manage to win at home, we are still in the race for qualification."

http://www.rosyside.com/pt/Late-penalties-are-a-delight-says-Cisse-10.24.2013/discussion.htm

Also Read: Neymar: I studied Pepe video to prevent him provoking me

(1) (Reply)

EPL- Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal By 12:45PM / Benfica Vs Monaco Tuesday 7:45pm / Harry Kane's Addition Is The Right Choice By Roy Hodgson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.